Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Book Discussion Club (africa) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book Discussion Club (africa) (6591 Views)

Stories For The Book Discussion Club (africa) / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. / The Book Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I would have had my four kids then tongue
That's nice to know grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

That's nice to know grin
iam just stating facts here....most of the ladies wait until the eleventh hour to have babies and start a family, then there will be a high rate of divorce as they will be in a rush to get Mr right, who will happen not to be soo right after all. For the guy its fine to wait though
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I wonder too...thirty five is just way above my singlehood. I would have had my four kids then tongue
lol...4!! Its good to start early tho. Most peep dont know the risks associated with 'late' pregnancy.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
centje: lol...4!! Its good to start early tho. Most peep dont know the risks associated with 'late' pregnancy.
I want companions lol...can you tell us those risks? Just a few?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I want companions lol...can you tell us those risks? Just a few?
i was going to start a thread on this issue. Seems it's time to post it.

The major problem is chromosomal abnormalities like down syndrome and its likes. Others are maternal illnesses like pre eclampsia.diabetis,etc
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
centje: i was going to start a thread on this issue. Seems it's time to post it.

The major problem is chromosomal abnormalities like down syndrome and its likes. Others are maternal illnesses like pre eclampsia.diabetis,etc
ok ...open the thread so that you can explain them further. Thanks wink
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by breathing(f): 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
Sorry mine is late. Been fake-busy as always.

I love this story. It reads like gossip, refreshing gossip, whatever that means.

I hate that the narration is too fast-paced. And the writing still seems very raw and in need of an editor but then the writer is quite good on her own too.

I don't know if it's fiction but I totally get the narrator's life. Like what if you are 35 and you still haven't got the kinda man you've always dreamed of sharing your life. Do you lower all standards and 'screening processes' and start to go out with even the men that bore, scare, or irritate you just so you can finally get married before menopause.
If a woman has been smart all her life, is she expected to suddenly start being dumb just because she is 35? Does that mean there are no smart men for the smart women out there or does it confirm my fears that most Nigerian men are scared of smart women and can only feel good around women they can control.
Larry-Sun:
That lady is playing too smart for my liking. What's all the ideas about screening. She's thirty-five for heaven's sake! I expect her to be more serious than that.

I hate the quote above btw. Looking forward to reading about the rest of her life sha, sounds interesting. Time to post again HBG?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hi guys..Iv just posted episode 2 of finding Hubby

Guess I have been away for far too long
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
breathing: Sorry mine is late. Been fake-busy as always.

I love this story. It reads like gossip, refreshing gossip, whatever that means.

I hate that the narration is too fast-paced. And the writing still seems very raw and in need of an editor but then the writer is quite good on her own too.

I don't know if it's fiction but I totally get the narrator's life. Like what if you are 35 and you still haven't got the kinda man you've always dreamed of sharing your life. Do you lower all standards and 'screening processes' and start to go out with even the men that bore, scare, or irritate you just so you can finally get married before menopause.
If a woman has been smart all her life, is she expected to suddenly start being dumb just because she is 35? Does that mean there are no smart men for the smart women out there or does it confirm my fears that most Nigerian men are scared of smart women and can only feel good around women they can control.

I hate the quote above btw. Looking forward to reading about the rest of her life sha, sounds interesting. Time to post again HBG?
it still beats me why most black sisters wait till the Eleventh hour to search for Mr wrong. (As Mj Blige puts it) is it that all the guys were so not good for them?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by breathing(f): 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: it still beats me why most black sisters wait till the Eleventh hour to search for Mr wrong. (As Mj Blige puts it) is it that all the guys were so not good for them?

Well, didn't the bible say 'A man shall find a wife', it never said a woman shall have to search for Mr. Right or wrong. So what should beat you is why good African men wait so long to find smart African women.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
breathing:

Well, didn't the bible say 'A man shall find a wife', it never said a woman shall have to search for Mr. Right or wrong. So what should beat you is why good African men wait so long to find smart African women.
its not the men fault, ladies are difficult!
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: its not the men fault, ladies are difficult!
Exactly. It'll take quite a while for her to understand that
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by breathing(f): 5:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Exactly. It'll take quite a while for her to understand that

Warn yourself!

HBG: its not the men fault, ladies are difficult

Ok, you mean women should be easy and all easy women are married? Why don't I see men getting married at 22, most men always wait until they've got their lives in order before they get married.

So moral of the story: Black sisters, when you get past twenty, please start rounding off your single lives, get married to the first man that comes knocking so that you get to bear him many children. Let's read the next chapter then.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 5:41am On Feb 28, 2013
breathing:

Warn yourself!
Wow! Whatever did I do wrong? Shouldn't I voice my opinion?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by breathing(f): 5:47am On Feb 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Wow! Whatever did I do wrong? Shouldn't I voice my opinion?

'It would take a while for who to understand what' biko?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 5:53am On Feb 28, 2013
breathing:

'It would take a while for who to understand what' biko?
Excuse me! I was referring to the protagonist. I HATE the above comment!
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by breathing(f): 6:12am On Feb 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Excuse me! I was referring to the protagonist. I HATE the above comment!

ℓ☺ℓ, ok, really sorry. That read like you were referring to me.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 10:15am On Feb 28, 2013
breathing:

ℓ☺ℓ, ok, really sorry. That read like you were referring to me.
grin No offence conceded. I didn't act very gentlemanly myself, I'm also sorry.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by breathing(f): 7:32am On Mar 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:

grin No offence conceded. I didn't act very gentlemanly myself, I'm also sorry.

No p.

Read the second part of the story. It's getting really interesting here. Couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm tempted to just read the whole thing. HBG, could you drop a link for me, let me go read there.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:04am On Mar 01, 2013
breathing:

No p.

Read the second part of the story. It's getting really interesting here. Couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm tempted to just read the whole thing. HBG, could you drop a link for me, let me go read there.
hahaha....just google 'naijastories-finding hubby' it will get you there. The time I was reading it I had to wait for days before the guy update his stuff but it will be easy now coz he is done. Have fun
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Please can someone link me to the thread
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
Oyin Clegg almost lied again o.
This one is tit for tat night,no time to check time jare if you do me i do you lol.
Oyin made us believe that kalu was sorta too clingy for her liking but he so proved her wrong and even with a better option,i suppose it's when you have not seen someone else's father's farm that you will claim that your father's own is very big.Even she had to agree that the new girl was much more pretty,she even said that her name was just as pretty lol,but she showed kalu that 'she nor they carry last'.
We'd see where they all end their lives though.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
D-deola:
Gloria almost lied again o.
This one is tit for tat night,no time to check time jare if you do me i do you lol.
Gloria made us believe that kalu was sorta too clingy for her liking but he so proved her wrong and even with a better option,i suppose it's when you have not seen someone else's father's farm that you will claim that your father's own is very big.Even she had to agree that the new girl was much more pretty,she even said that her name was as pretty as her lol,she sef no carry last,she showed kalu that 'she nor they carry last'.
We'd see where they all end their lives though.
lol you mixing names

Btw who does phone select?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=HumbledbYGrace]lol you mixing names

HBG don't mind me o,i was too excited that i just mixed up the names,lol.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
Both she and Kalu are just so childish! How old are they again? Quite funny though! Elicited a smile.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by femarse: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
When I see literature and writing I thought it was about would be author tryin to help each other but the way you reviewing book by xpantiating the joke and Co and Co whitout checkin out plot style structure if its a bad written story or a bad construction not checkin if its political oriented or historicaly or pure fiction I guess if you wanna learn anything at all you need to start looking @ this things and not just talkin about the funny aspect of a story bside no one have critize any story so far I will suggest you get a copy of An Introduction to African Novel by Eustace Palmer you will learned a great deal on how to review a book you will see how all this aforemention book are disected
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
femarse: When I see literature and writing I thought it was about would be author tryin to help each other but the way you reviewing book by xpantiating the joke and Co and Co whitout checkin out plot style structure if its a bad written story or a bad construction not checkin if its political oriented or historicaly or pure fiction I guess if you wanna learn anything at all you need to start looking @ this things and not just talkin about the funny aspect of a story bside no one have critize any story so far I will suggest you get a copy of An Introduction to African Novel by Eustace Palmer you will learned a great deal on how to review a book you will see how all this aforemention book are disected
The thread isn't for reviews, it's only for the discussion of the plots inherent in the works. We're only chatting about the stories.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by femarse: 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
Not good enuf
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
femarse: Not good enuf
There's a thread for critics.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
femarse: Not good enuf
there are readers and not so keen on what you want us to run it. I like you though, that's what a black man is known for

Criticism, nothing is ever good enough!
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
Larry-Sun:

There's a thread for critics.
*clears throat*
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
femarse: When I see literature and writing I thought it was about would be author tryin to help each other but the way you reviewing book by xpantiating the joke and Co and Co whitout checkin out plot style structure if its a bad written story or a bad construction not checkin if its political oriented or historicaly or pure fiction I guess if you wanna learn anything at all you need to start looking @ this things and not just talkin about the funny aspect of a story bside no one have critize any story so far I will suggest you get a copy of An Introduction to African Novel by Eustace Palmer you will learned a great deal on how to review a book you will see how all this aforemention book are disected
Too much learning from people like us...let us grow in our own mistakes, that's how we will get there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex Has She Taught Me (18+) / Who Is This Monster¿? / Phindia.com ~ Books, Ebooks Publishers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.