Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# (3459 Views)

Guess The Author Or The Book / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. / The Book Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
Redmosquito:
Damn! undecided
LOl! God don catch you, Red Moss...you'll read my Brand Of Cain by force grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Redmosquito(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

LOl! God don catch you, Red Moss...you'll read my Brand Of Cain by force grin
If dem born u with seven calabash try me! angry
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by ortopazz(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Virgo has deleted her book from her thread, so we're left with either Larry Sun or Omolola1.

sorry buh why did she do that?
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
ortopazz:

I have no idea why. Did you read the book?
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
ortopazz:

I told her to
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I told her to
And why would you do that, HBG?
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

And why would you do that, HBG?
coz I could grin grin grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by movmentish(m): 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
ortopazz:

I think a super mod pissed her off and it some how got into a kinda fight with seun.......nice stories that lady though

I'm not a gossip oh and typing all the words correctly is hurting my keypads
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by ortopazz(m): 11:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I have no idea why. Did you read the book?

no! Used to see it around during my casual visits to this section! Larry u no knw? Wow!
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by ortopazz(m): 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I told her to

seriozly that nt fair
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by ortopazz(m): 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
movmentish:
I think a super mod pissed her off and it some how got into a kinda fight with seun.......nice stories that lady though

I'm not a gossip oh and typing all the words correctly is hurting my keypads

tanks mahn!
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2013
Enough gossips, let's get to work, guys.
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by megareal: 8:12am On Jan 19, 2013
Arrrrgggg, gossips, gossips! *wailing with hands on head* What thread have I gotten myself into?
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by kanechimex(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
and here I was thinking the discussion must have started.Red Moss,go and read the brand of cain,sharp sharp.
Let the gist start nah.i don tire to wait
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
Coach do ur home work
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by kanechimex(m): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
HBG,i ve done mine.i'm waitin for the rest of the club members
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
kanechimex: HBG,i ve done mine.i'm waitin for the rest of the club members
hmmmmmmm
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
I think i'm gonna have to start this discussion already,this club has a ready book and no one is ready to throw the first stone? Where's the captain,i thought we had one.
The brand of cain
Starting with the prologue,one would have thought the title was Ada's diary but i think there's more to the story of Ada and Samson,especially that Samson.i'm just sorry for Ada sha because she saw the warning signals but she chose to ignore them because Samson was smart enough to distract her with the ring hmmm the life of a woman.
Chapter one
Richard i think is like the typical naija boy with no connection but looking at it from another angle i think it's jst nemesis catching up with him.And that Abby girl ,i think she's a spoilt brat,she was too rude to Richard on the phone,he should have made her sweat before giving the wallet back to her
For Ebenezer, hmmm who says love does not heal the deepest of wounds,jst imagine that man sighting the love of his life and regaining his senses,i hope it lasts sha cant wait to find out.
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
D-deola:
I think i'm gonna have to start this discussion already,this club has a ready book and no one is ready to throw the first stone? Where's the captain,i thought we had one.
The brand of cain
Starting with the prologue,one would have thought the title was Ada's diary but i think there's more to the story of Ada and Samson,especially that Samson.i'm just sorry for Ada sha because she saw the warning signals but she chose to ignore them because Samson was smart enough to distract her with the ring hmmm the life of a woman.
Chapter one
Richard i think is like the typical naija boy with no connection but looking at it from another angle i think it's jst nemesis catching up with him.And that Abby girl ,i think she's a spoilt brat,she was too rude to Richard on the phone,he should have made her sweat before giving the wallet back to her
For Ebenezer, hmmm who says love does not heal the deepest of wounds,jst imagine that man sighting the love of his life and regaining his senses,i hope it lasts sha cant wait to find out.
I think Ada was confused about Samson's plight. One moment, he's lovely and the other, he becomes secretive. Just wondering why you'd claim to really love someone and not love her enough to take her home. If Ada hadn't tricked that Obinna into surrendering her lover's address, perhaps, she'd still be in the dark about the motive behind Sam's refusal to devulge his residential address.

***They never saw each other again***

I truly feel sorry for Ada. Such disappointment! I wonder if I'd have the strength to cope with that if I were Ada.

Moreover, that Prologue seems to have summed up the whole story. What did the author have in mind about that prologue?

Aw! D-deola, you're already on Chapter One already? I gotta go and check that Chapter out too. grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
@larry-sun
confused you say,i think Ada was more impulsive than confused of which i dont blame her at all,who wouldn't be,but how come they never saw each other again,what kinda love is that,if she truly loved samson i think she should be a little curious as to why he did what he did,what if he was a single parent.Not to say that i'm taking sides here,Samson also had his faults,i mean why should you keep that kinda secret from the person you claimed you want to spend the rest of your life with,it just goes to show how their future would have turned out.
sorry larry but i thought we were starting with chapter one,i didnt want to skip the prologue, that was why i started with it.
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
Okay, Ada made falls on the heavier side on the scale of faults. The love at first sight she felt, I think, clouded her sense of reasoning. She should have taken her time to find out everything about the man before surrendering herself completely, considering the fact that she met him in a night-club.

The decision Ada took, after discovering that Sam was already a father, is what many of us would have taken...Sam did something terrible, even if he were a single parent, why would he hide the fact from Ada. Nature doesn't subject single parents to stay single forever, of course. I'm sure that if he had told Ada this in the first place, she'd have accepted him still. A heart that truly loves will forgive many blows. Ada loved him so much that she stitched Samson's name on her panties...I wish someone can do that for me too grin

I understand, D-deola, I'm only emphasizing on the Prologue to stall for time so that others can join and not feel lost yet.
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
She would have considered him? You think? I think not.
Look what happened when she eventually found out.Does it really matter that she stitched his name on her panties,oh pls she should be thankful she didnt tattoo his name on her body, that would have been a permanent pain.
I think sam has more to hide though.
Now where are the members of this club,kamechimex? Megareal? Humbledbygrace? Others?
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by LarrySun(m): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Once again, here's the link to the book we're discussing:
https://www.nairaland.com/1083003/brand-cain-complete-novel
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by kanechimex(m): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
when i read the book,i thought Ada left cos she thought Samson was married.well,Ada behaved rashly.and she denied samson the chance of knowin he had another child.
Deola,I'm here oh
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:42am On Jan 21, 2013
Ada and Sam....Their love story seems to end in a very stupid way, firstly Sam should told Ada about the little girl before he even popped the question. You can't just ask a girl to marry while u knew u had a baggage she will have to live with her whole life, a child is no walk in a park.
Ada should have stayed, just so sam could explain himself. If it was me, I would have demanded answers right there, or even worse asked the baby stupid stuff but let's all remember without their break up...
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2013
kanechimex: when i read the book,i thought Ada left cos she thought Samson was married.well,Ada behaved rashly.and she denied samson the chance of knowin he had another child.
Deola,I'm here oh
Finally,but what are the guidelines to this club,are we just going to continue without any plan?
Pls draw up a plan and tell us when we should all meet here to discuss.though it's obvious that weekends are our best bet but pls let's know how this place should run so people that join later can know what to expect.thanks
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by kanechimex(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Deola,about guidelines.Well,we would discuss one chapter at a time.About plans,I'm not really a master planner.you could help with that.and yes,our discussions should be on weekends
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
@kamechimex,so we should do chapter 1 on saturday right? Why dont we do two chapters per week that way we'd cover more books quickly and then we wont get bored.what do you think?
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by ortopazz(m): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
@prologue!
Ada and Samz love story to me was too well fictional, I enjoyed how they heated up though, u know from the club, club love and all, but like I would always, what u dont know wont hurt u! Seriously, if Ada had chilled up a lil bit, I believe Sam would have come around, if he truly loved her the way it was portrayed, besides their break up according to lary who said they never got back together again, is annoying and painful, infact, I hope while going thru the book the both come up again!.
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by kanechimex(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2013
Deola,i think it's okay.we should start discussing chapter 1 and 2
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by UjSizzle(f): 2:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Does this i have to read it again? I'll just write from memory for now.

I liked how the writer eased into the story and the really nice love picture panted.
However i think Ada n Sam's love life was based more on attraction than any real deeply rooted feelings for each other; she was charmed by his aura and he had her physical attributes.
Basically there was no ground work set for their relationship.

The story ended abruptly though. You would imagine that if you found the love of your life had a child, after the initial hurt, you'd still give him a chance to explain and apologise and on the part of the man, that he'd come after her to plead. That's how love should work.
So basically, it was a bit too dramatic, but an interesting read all the same.
Re: The Book Discussion Club#nairaland# by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
[b][/b]Chapter One

Richard is like the typical nigerian graduate with no connection in the employment market wouldn't you agree,but i kinda suspect he's being punished for his past shady deeds.

Chapter Two
Ah ah! Now the truth is coming out gradually,who would have thought our dear Richard was related to an armed robber, i guess the 'chip off the old block' would definitely fit in here,little wonder he's thinking of committing a crime to make ends meet,he's not even pitying his mother, the poor woman.
Did she say she fell in love with the robber after he raped her? Really? Oh please tell me something real,what kinda stupid love is that.
One thing i fear most is stubborness in humans,it can cause you to make a rash decision blindly,i fear Richard has gotten to that point of 'if i perish i perish'.oh poor mama Richard i hope the boy does not kill her before her time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wangari Maathai - Africa's First Woman Nobel Laureate - Dies At 71 / Story Of My Transformation - (a Werewolf Tale) By Marryjoanna / MY Sorrow(short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.