Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates (17613 Views)

BREAKING: Corpers Are To Report To Their LG For Headcount Nationwide / NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp / NYSC To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by lekkie073(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
^^^u go fear english grammar!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Hardfact: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
Poo! NYSC suddenly confused where their mandate lies? Deficient knowledge of what their job is?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Obinoscopy(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
Why are they delaying? They should go ahead and report those Universities that churn out illiterates to the NUC!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Belloladan(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
"Certificate its not a true test of intectuallity" remb. that, undstanding the english is another different thing one should look's at, in nigerian we're always after the certificate or i may called it the grade one's obtained we dont usually considered the intectuallity of a graduate, not! the school you're graduated from, i had someone's said "top 10 universities or whatever,he may called it" it dose'nt matter but believe me most of the polytechnics graduate are more well equipt interms practicals aspect of their courses of study then there counterpart from the universities
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
fittty:

F*ck off. You obviously are a
polytechnic graduate. Its a consensus that 80% - 90% of polytechnic graduates barely speak fluent english or even write well... I've walked into countless number of polytechnic campuses and all they do speak to themselves is their local dialect plus Bad English. You all are the type that grew up in the ghetto and attended poor public primary and secondary schools.
#WORD
na wa, so once u cant speak correct english u ar deficient, let me ask u, what of a graduate of computer science dat cnt format nor warm boot a computer system but can speak english like wole soyinka, is he/she deficient?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by lekkie073(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Bello ladan: "Certificate its not a true test of intectuallity" remb. that, undstanding the english is another different thing one should look's at, in nigerian we're always after the certificate or i may called it the grade one's obtained we dont usually considered the intectuallity of a graduate, not! the school you're graduated from, i had someone's said "top 10 universities or whatever,he may called it" it dose'nt matter but believe me most of the polytechnics graduate are more well equipt interms practicals aspect of their courses of study then there counterpart from the universities
ur comment shows how practically knowledgeable u r with english composition. using then for than and there for their. otondo
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by webcalculator(m): 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
J12:

The NUC has a ratings and rankings system in place. I'll provide a link when I search.

Stop searching, NUC doesn't have ratings or ranking of Nigerian university. The TOP TEN were ranked by their web traffic. Go to www.4icu.com to confirm
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Jerie(m): 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
chux4liv: My take on this matter, it baffles me with dismay when I listen to Nigerians speak bad of their graduate(s) simply because they cant write (B)british english.
Why must we copy others(?), if an engineering student can solve technical and mathematical problem wit poor english.. To hell wit language. Is english the only langauage in this world ? The (G)germans cant speak or write english but they are world powers (sic), (C)china,(F)france,(S)spain speaks (sic) different languages and look at their innovations... Even (A)american (sic) who got independence(t) frm briton(Britain), murdered english and they owe nobody apology(ies).
So when you judge (a)graduate based on language and not his knowledge/ impact in his field, I wonder what we will achieve in years to come, abi naa english language oyinbo take make technology

Oga, na which school u graduate from?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by fuckluv(f): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
lekkie073:
am sowie if ur school is among d above-listed. grin
grin grin This is ridiculous. My question is why would u exclude ur school - Raimot poly or what's it called from ur list? I've never even come closer to the schools in ur list tongue
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by HIV1: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
The truth is that Nigeria is an English speaking country. If you are not confident of the way you express yourself outside you will not be reckoned with. Aside good written and spoken English, you need to be knowledgeable in your area of endeavour before you can be called a qualified graduate. After all the certificate you obtained means you possess minimum requirement for you to perform as a graduate and if that certificate is not obtained through dubious means then the question of spoken and written English need not come up at all. I am not an English graduate but a graduate of science and that doesn't mean one should not give acceptable means of communication due recognition. I also oppose the statement that a Poly. graduate cannot be a good speaker or writer. All you need is self development.If you are born from well off family and you attend a good nursery and primary school ,it is a privilege. I am an Ajepako and I attended bad public primary and secondary school and both my parents don't have western education . cool
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by deviduff(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
J12:

English is NOT our language.
Really? Which language is our official lingua franca? Fulani,pidgin,or sign language? I think u are pretending. Not sure u are actually so d.aft
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by lekkie073(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
fuckluv: grin grin This is ridiculous. My question is why would u exclude ur school - Raimot poly or what's it called from ur list? I've never even come closer to the schools in ur list tongue
FYI, i am a stark illistrates grin
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Jerie(m): 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
lekkie073:
FYI, i am a stark illistrates grin

U mean stank illimtrates?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by muktarmtt(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
Guddy: There was a a case of a corps member who was assigned to teach mathematics in the school she deployed to cos she had a 2.1 degree in mathematics. Lo and behold this lady could not teach the jss class basic mathematics. NYSC has to inquire from her Alma Mata how she scaled through school and graduated. It was then revealed that a lecturer in the dept was the mastermind. He collected slew amount of money from her right from her first year till she graduated to block her courses and settle some other stuff. Though the lecturer outrightly denied it initially, the truth was later revealed by other witnesses and the lecturer was sanctioned.

Alla doz ppl dat have bien catch dey all from south nd west dispite d low level of education in d norht u never find dis of graduate never, nd take a look UDUSOK versity in sokoto danfodio university many southerners call it islamic versity nd it rank d beast in producing medical doctors in d country nd vet medic u cn google it in NUC site, wen here Anyting nort. U go jst dey here dem. Run dere mouth shame on u all
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by 8keens(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
[quote
author=krisokuweh]Dis is so true. Met a girl in camp dat dey had to
write her name, institution attended n address for her. I wondered hw a
graduate wil not b able to do dat most especially skuls frm d east. Pls
pals its just d truth 4get abt d region n say ur own[/quote]
u are very correct. schools frm d east
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Belloladan(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more. One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more. One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by lekkie073(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
Bello ladan: One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more. One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more. One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more.
why u dey murder english composition like dis na? abeg, sofry sofry witu allu dissi girama na! cheesy
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by lekkie073(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
muktar mtt: Alla doz ppl dat have bien catch dey all from south nd west dispite d low level of education in d norht u never find dis of graduate never, nd take a look UDUSOK versity in sokoto danfodio university many southerners call it islamic versity nd it rank d beast in producing medical doctors in d country nd vet medic u cn google it in NUC site, wen here Anyting nort. U go jst dey here dem. Run dere mouth shame on u all
na english u dey compose or latin-hausa? kadan_kadan o!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by remzytimer: 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
Good development!!!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by pharmow: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
So many grammatical blunders already seen while going through the thread from the 1st page. Though am not a big fan of speaking queen's English and writing big words, but a graduate of any higher institution of learning should be able to construct simple sentences in order express his thought on paper or verbally. Not until when you receive education outside the country that you will understand how miserable our standard of education has become in the country. For those finger pointing other schools and certification, I believe your inferiority is making you do so cause no statistics shows that your school or certification is better than others.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by IYANGBALI: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
Artistree: My job entails meeting and interacting with students and corps memnbers every now and then and sometimes I feel like weeping when I hear them speak or fill out a simple data form.
Imagine a corps member leaving out a GENDER column blank & when asked why,he/she says I DON'T HAVE.
Worse still, MARITAL STATUS space is always filled in as NON or MARRIAGE.
With all due respect to my Ibo kinsmen,(am from the East)the highest blunders are committed by graduates from the Eastern schools.
ewooooooo
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
intelligen: SMH ...how on earth did we get here?

1. Private schools. That's when education became primarily a commercial product. In order to remain attractive in the market most private schools compromised their integrity to register high pass percentages. At general exams, teachers provide students with the answers. This may work for a lot of parents who just want to get their children into the next level. In the end, they would have spent years and money to acquire only a cerificate and not an education. The biggest mis-step is primary miseducation.

At the uni level, lecturers refuse to be held responsible for a students ridiculously below par performance. There are minimum entry requirements which the student claimed he had met. If he can't defend the certificate then he is on his own. Instead of flushing such people out the universities do what the secondary and primary schools did - pass them along if the paper is right.

Finally, such a graduate will be the epitome of false advertising. No substance just talk. And who would want to pay for that?

2. Messed up values. Everyone is doing anything for a few dollars more. Teachers in primary and secondary schools promote their private lessons, they stop teaching the curriculum during regular school hours. Lecurers sell grades, and force students to buy handouts in order to pass them

There`s enough blame to go round. Student`s are no longer scholars, they don't think about giving or making any kind of contribution to society, they just want to make a lot of money.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by stupor(m): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
NYSC DG,can i hold yôur words as bond ?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by NoQualms1(f): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
ecosanders: u r rite, served with one frm Ogun state too, a graduate of OOU(OSU), dis guy cant communicate in simple english. Chai!

Abegi, bikonnu. Blame that on his primary and secondary school teachers.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by stupor(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
muktar mtt: Alla doz ppl dat have bien catch dey all from south nd west dispite d low level of education in d norht u never find dis of graduate never, nd take a look UDUSOK versity in sokoto danfodio university many southerners call it islamic versity nd it rank d beast in producing medical doctors in d country nd vet medic u cn google it in NUC site, wen here Anyting nort. U go jst dey here dem. Run dere mouth shame on u all

Oh my God ! Is this your English for real or a slip of the mouse ?

You are condemining the poor Corp members we can't see and yet your own English composition is looking like ARABIC ENGLISH !

Or do we now have Arabic English just like Pidgin English.

@MUKtar please stop writing for our Kids'sake and future ! Biko !
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by stupor(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Bello ladan: One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more. One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more. One thing you ppl felt to understand is that, right frm the creation our (IQ) intelligent quotient its differed as every one of us is bless with either a high, middle or low IQ, "i had sameone said, polytechnic gradute are'not fluentlly in sound and good english spoken and written" lol!! i make bold to tell you that its not true! i want him to understand that its a general problem both in universities and polytechnic gradutes whatever school you're graduted from just take it that you can do better by just stretching yourself a little more.

Oh mother Africa ! Where at thou !

Internet Police please help confiscate that moblie device from this Offender,he is causing traffic and a big calamity !

He has woken up my 2months Old niece ! She is still crying na !

Please hellllllllllllllllllllllllllp !
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Belloladan(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Why? someone should put all blames on the teachers after all they're not the only factor responsible for the deficiency in education.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by stupor(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Jerie:

U mean stank illimtrates?

Ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ah, ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn ahn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop this calamity !

My baby niece can't sleep,she's still crying ô !

Ah ! How did we get here ?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
mdsocks: Eksu should top the list i guess. After producing graduates who couldn't fit into common primary schools but a bakery, a bakery my God.
Esut should contend with them.Over 70 percent of their students can't speak simple and correct English.I observed it first hand during my NYSC days.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
nwgoziri: is nt limitd 2 dis1ce o, thy r evriwi...unn,ibb uni,uniben,e.t.c
Its not true of UNN and UNIBEN.Am ready to contest this to the appellate court
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by stupor(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
Martowskin: na wa, so once u cant speak correct english u ar deficient, let me ask u, what of a graduate of computer science dat cnt format nor warm boot a computer system but can speak english like wole soyinka, is he/she deficient?

Yes ! You get extremely deficient.

Its like a TV set which suddenly turned Mute ! All they notice is lips rambling,but nothing can be understood.

Its painful and really sad !

May God bless every teacher that taught me,flogged and made me re-write every correction in school amidst embarrassments in class.

Your Pains never failed and am indeed very grateful fór teaching me all I needed tO know.

I remembered a teacher once told us to look over to the streets that we would see street boys and girls playing with their future,and that come tomorrOw,they would regret ever playing with the oppOrtuOnity and sacrifice that we as little pupils have put up with and by the time they realised,it might just be too late !

Heaven help those who help themselves.

God bless all the gôod teachers.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Smooyis(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
EduCational Malpractises and Crimes COmmission (EMCC) akin to EFCC should be quickly established to tackle d rot in d educational sector. Period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Batchc'14 Anambra Lets Meet Here / Nysc Anthem :download And Lyrics / Top 10 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.