Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years (7248 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Cargo Train derails from track in Kaduna [photos] / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by karlmax2: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Aisha Wakaso in Minna

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has commenced cargo operations with the haulage of goods from Ogun State to Niger State after 10 years.
The cargo train which contained 675 tonnes of cement, arrived Minna yesterday where it was off loaded to be dispatched to different locations.

Speaking with journalists when the goods were being offloaded from the train, the Public Relations Officer of the Minna railway station, Abdulraouf Akinwuye, said the cement was transported from Lafarage Cement Company, makers of WAPCO cement at Ewekoro in Ogun State.
He said the rebirth of the cargo train would create job opportunities for the youths in the state, adding that 50 youths are expected to benefit from the loading, off-loading and transportation of the goods. He also said that other duties like security, clerical duties and sale of the cement would provide job opportunities for the youths.

Akinwuye further said that the company decided to use the cargo part of rail service because of its affordability since it was ready to exploit cheaper means of transportation in order to reduce the cost price of cement in the North.
He said the cement received in Minna would be distributed in Niger State and Abuja, adding that the service of the cargo train will start regularly.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nrc-resumes-cargo-train-operation-after-10-years/136743/
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 19, 2013
Good News
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by CuntDestroyer1: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2013
The NRC also had fuel tanker carriages that are now lying fallow in their train yards across Nigeria. The same people that insist on having trailers prowl our roads also killed the NNPC pipeline project with redundant relay stations dotted across the country. This same group are so powerful that any meaningful progress on railway project is frustrated by them. These are the Bafawaras and co who own on average over 2,000 trailer truck heads.
Currently there are more articulated vehicles plying our roads than normal vehicles and these trucks cause a high proportion of accidents on our roads. These trucks are usually driven by inexperienced young drivers high on codeine, glue and weed and will not hesitate to drive you off the road. The most dangerous stretch of road network is the Minna - Jebba -Ilorin route which is pox-marked with portholes and dangerous trailer drivers.

3 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Geomac: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2013
I can confirm that this news is true. In fact, Elephant Cement (Larfage) is everywhere in Minna. I drove round the town and i saw them everywhere instead of Dangote Cement that we are used to. One of the Sellers told me that a bag is N1,700 and that is the price in some parts of Lagos and Ogun States. I also went to the Train Station to see it myself.
I need to say well done Mr President.

18 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by taharqa: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2013
Great
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by karlmax2: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013
The paid critics as usual and the AC.N trolls would always shy away from this thread bad belle people una go sson get heart attack kudos to the FG

1 Like

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by ceejay80s(m): 10:27am On Jan 19, 2013
How is this news going to affect the price of garri, i no send dem, imagine, i buy one basin of garri for idioro for 800naira in dec 2012 and today i go again its 1,500 i swear, go find out and una dey hear dey say kodus to presiden and FG . To hell

2 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Geomac: 10:28am On Jan 19, 2013
karl max: The paid critics as usual and the AC.N trolls would always shy away from this thread bad belle people una go sson get heart attack kudos to the FG

Hahaaha....this thread will cause them headache o. It is better they stay away.
Well done GEJ!
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by OmerianConsult: 10:30am On Jan 19, 2013
We hope it gets better and it's fully implemented without politics.
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 19, 2013
GEJ has done it again! Another plus for that one vote!

2 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by ITbomb(m): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2013
God bless President Goodluck Jonathan

5 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Maxymilliano(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2013
Slow but steady... I hope with time, other companies should be encouraged to buy into the cargo train haulage initiatives.

This will serve a twin effects of lowering the cost of transportation and reduction in the pressure on the highways exerted by heavy duty and articulated vehicles.

The multiplier effect of this on the economy is unquantifiable...

6 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by TechRev: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2013
Kudos GEJ!
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by jmaine: 10:42am On Jan 19, 2013
Waiting for the Kill Joy Crew . . . . grin

1 Like

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Iolo(m): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer: The NRC also had fuel tanker carriages that are now lying fallow in their train yards across Nigeria. The same people that insist on having trailers prowl our roads also killed the NNPC pipeline project with redundant relay stations dotted across the country. This same group are so powerful that any meaningful progress on railway project is frustrated by them. These are the Bafawaras and co who own on average over 2,000 trailer truck heads.
Currently there are more articulated vehicles plying our roads than normal vehicles and these trucks cause a high proportion of accidents on our roads. These trucks are usually driven by inexperienced young drivers high on codeine, glue and weed and will not hesitate to drive you off the road. The most dangerous stretch of road network is the Minna - Jebba -Ilorin route which is pox-marked with portholes and dangerous trailer drivers.

As someone very much involved in that industry, take it from me, we don't have more trucks than cars in Nigeria.

There is little or no conspiracy here as no one told the Federal Government to leave the NRC badly funded and railways unattended over the past 20years +. Am sure you don't expect the fuel wagons to move on bad railtracks right?

The thing is its only now that the tracks have been refurbished that stuffs like cement, fuel, containers and other bulk goods would be transported by rail. And trust me it'll help lessen the need for so many trucks little by little as these services begin to run on a regular basis.

Every one with 2000 trucks has them cause they want to transport their own goods up country due to the lack of an efficient rail system. No one has 2000 trucks for rent to others.

I do hope you get my drift. This is good news for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Two words.

FRESH AIR. . .

2 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by mmmustapha(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Wetin Gej done? Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by nijanigga: 10:53am On Jan 19, 2013
Geomac: I can confirm that this news is true. In fact, Elephant Cement (Larfage) is everywhere in Minna. I drove round the town and i saw them everywhere instead of Dangote Cement that we are used to. One of the Sellers told me that a bag is N1,700 and that is the price in some parts of Lagos and Ogun States. I also went to the Train Station to see it myself.
I need to say well done Mr President.
Look at this idiot, how much is jona paying you for this bunkum?
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by ITbomb(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin Gej done? Rubbish.
'They' are here finally
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by bory09(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2013
stay there and rot there. Sorry i don't know you are meant for bad news, good news from gej are always poison in your mind. GEJ is trying his best in a way he can. anyone who expect magical development in nigeria should just wait till their time come and we will see what they will do.
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Ngwakwe: 10:57am On Jan 19, 2013
Please, it's about time we move to a higher level far above sectional / party politics.

Politician are elected/selected to serve. If they do well, we commend and appreciate their loyalty and not thank them for doing their work for which they receive bogus salaries.

Moreover, I believe there are more rooms for improvement which can only come through constructive and aggressive criticism devoid of selfish interest.

If not that Channel TV turned there Camera on Police College, GEJ may not even know the location through out his tenure, let alone make emergency visit to the college.

We can do better using our combined forces as members of this forum to force Politicians into making good decisions.

7 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by PaulJohn1: 10:58am On Jan 19, 2013
Good one from GEJ.

This will really help Ogun's Economy with easy efficient transportation system for processed/manufactured goods to where they're needed in the country.
Again, thumb up for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by caesaraba(m): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2013
ceejay80s: How is this news going to affect the price of garri, i no send dem, imagine, i buy one basin of garri for idioro for 800naira in dec 2012 and today i go again its 1,500 i swear, go find out and una dey hear dey say kodus to presiden and FG . To hell

A revamped railway system for cargo haulage would reduce the cost of transporting goods and subsequently the over-all price. So calm down, garri price go eventually reduce. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by azimibraun: 11:06am On Jan 19, 2013
One week after london celebrates 150yrs of underground train services.. Celebrating backwardness is d Nigerian way.

1 Like

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Scarpon(m): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2013
good one my president
this guy just got one extra vote
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by billante(m): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2013

This Gbagaun self has disqualified you! grin

3 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 19, 2013
Jonathan keeps on embarrassing his critics with his good works and achievements.
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by caesaraba(m): 11:12am On Jan 19, 2013
azimibraun: One week after london celebrates 150yrs of underground train services.. Celebrating backwardness is d Nigerian way.

It's not by force to celebrate o. Who's even celebrating sef? However, if you are so averse to positive news (no matter how 'little'), then trust me when I say 9ja is the least of your worries.
Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by logica(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer: The NRC also had fuel tanker carriages that are now lying fallow in their train yards across Nigeria. The same people that insist on having trailers prowl our roads also killed the NNPC pipeline project with redundant relay stations dotted across the country. This same group are so powerful that any meaningful progress on railway project is frustrated by them. These are the Bafawaras and co who own on average over 2,000 trailer truck heads.

How many have you destroyed today?

1 Like

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Truckpusher(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2013
After they'll say he's clueless....My vote is working well for Nigeria....Oya haters go and die

4 Likes

Re: NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years by Geomac: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2013
nijanigga:
Look at this idiot, how much is jona paying you for this bunkum?

If someone like me is called an idio*t, i am very sure that every member of your family would like to be an idio*t too.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch President Muhammadu Buhari’s Daughter – Halima Buhari’s Wedding / History And Meaning Of Nigeria Army Motto / The Inauguration Of Governance Support Group(gsg), South East Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.