Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” (6137 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by EkoIle1: 3:48am On Jan 19, 2013
Fashola: “Present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen”

[b]Governor of Lagos state, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has led members of his cabinet to Ikorodu and Epe areas of the state in southwest Nigeria, in continuation of his statewide inspection of projects declaring that the plethora of projects inspected has shown that members of his team have continued to work hard for citizens in all parts of the state.
On the matter of lack of public awareness about government projects, Governor Fashola declared, “The present administration is not made up of showmen. We don’t do turning of the sod. We take our work seriously and this is the work that this new team has put together in one and half years since we got elected. We have not been here but we know the work is going on, the Commissioners take their work seriously; the Special Advisers are also taking their work seriously.”

“I get reports every week on what is going on. So, I wasn’t under any pressure because in spite of what people were saying, I know the progress we were making. I’m satisfied with what we have seen and again it is also to show you and citizens who we hope that you will communicate with now that their government is working in many more places.”

He continued, “All those turning of the sod and all of that before you build the house are not for us. You can see structures, you can see buildings, you can see people on site, on all those sites where houses are being constructed. In Igbogbo, 1,038 people were working as well as 26 companies while in the first scheme in Agbowa there are about 23 companies and 880 people who have been employed there.”

“There is another contractor who is using a different model at the Agbowa-Ikosi area for the 144 units. You saw people at the construction site. You see people here dredging and you can see people here working. So that is what is important, the budget is making impact in the most inner recesses of Lagos. In every part of Lagos, we are busy”, he added.

Coming exactly a week after the first of such tours this year, Tuesday’s tour took the Governor to over ten on-going projects in Ikorodu including Mile 12/Ikorodu Town Extension – BRT Lane/Road Expansion, Terminal buildings at Ipakodo Jetty, Rehabilitation of Ibeshe Road and construction of Jetty, Igbogbo Baiyeku Road (HOMS), Housing Scheme along Odo-Onosa/Odo-Ayandelu Road, Resettlement Centre for flood victims, Ikosi, Agbowa, Housing site Agbowa (Choice Estate), Relocation of Oko-Baba Sawmill to Agbowa (Timber Village) and LASPOTECH projects, among others.[/b]

Speaking to newsmen after his assessment of work on the Mile 12/Ikorodu Road, Governor Fashola explained that the 14 kilometre road would be expanded to six lanes – three on each side with one reserved for the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) on each side adding that there would also be three BRT terminals along the road.

The Governor also explained the seeming slow pace of job on the road saying the contractors were working in collaboration with the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to relocate their facilities on the road including about 300 electricity poles as well as cables.

He told the people, “This is what we do with the money we borrow. By making the investment, we build for tomorrow. And this is the best way to build infrastructure. Aside from the low interest rate, we have a long period of repayment. Alternatively, if we wait for later, the cost will be high as the Naira continues to lose value.”

Governor Fashola also threw more light on the purported borrowing of $15 million from the EXIM Bank of US by the State Government saying the State has not applied for any loan but placed order with a firm in Illinois, United States manufacturing fire engines, for the supply of 30 fire engines to Lagos State.

He explained, “What I know is that no state governor can borrow money without the approval of the State Executive Council, not even from a local bank. As a sub-national government, we cannot borrow money from overseas without the approval of the sovereign. That is why we go to the National Assembly; we go to the Federal Executive Council when we want to borrow money.”

“We applied for the supply of 30 fire engines from a company in Illinois in the United States. They make fire engines. Anybody who is familiar with the Export Import (EXIM) Bank loans knows that it is a strategy for a company – in this case a country, the United States – to promote export for its local companies to overseas countries,” the Governor said pointing out that the money was advanced to the company by the United States Government through the bank to enable it have enough capital to manufacture the fire engines.

According to the Governor, “Fire engines are not what you go to buy in a shop. The American company that will produce the fire engines need to upgrade its capital to enable it put the things together and export to us. That is what the United States Government did for the company. We did not apply for any loan. EXIM Bank, through the American Government gave the money to the manufacturing company. It is guaranteed by a Nigerian bank which we will pay to.”

At Ibeshe Road, which has been completed by Messrs Arab Contractors, Governor Fashola expressed satisfaction with the quality of work done urging the company, however, to speed up work on the new Jetty also being constructed at the road terminal by the company.

He told the newsmen, “Last week, we visited Mile 2 Jetty. Last year, when we visited Ajah, we saw the Ajah Jetty. Now, we have done Ibeshe Road and we decided that before the contractors leave let’s put another jetty here so that people can actually have a choice whether to drive or take a ferry to Ipakodo.”

Recalling that the seven kilometre Ibeshe Road took his campaign train about one and half hours to travel during the electioneering campaigns, Governor Fashola declared, “Today we have done it in 10 minutes. This is what development is all about and, I think, the people are pleased.”

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=87710
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by confusion247(m): 4:04am On Jan 19, 2013
Well done
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by 1oracle(m): 4:08am On Jan 19, 2013
You really tried but what is the actual cost of those works?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by EkoIle1: 4:50am On Jan 19, 2013
Like I keep telling all the misguided people talking about oil money. Oil money is not everything and you can not substitute good and visionary leadership with some yeye oil money. Where are all the some called oil states with their derivations and huge oil budgets? Den receive oil money and the fist thing to do is to go shop for Jets and scam their people with phoney e library.

It's all about leadership.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by PaulJohn1: 5:09am On Jan 19, 2013
Good to see development reaching ikorodu, people of the place have been left out of Lagos development for years.
Noticed the huge road extension(I guess six lane), bridges been built with excellent quality from mile12 to Ikorodu, it's impressive I must say.
The construction of the 4th mainland bridge(hoping) from Island through Lagos Lagoon down to Ikorodu will seal the prosperity of that area.

Wish the govt. in care of Ishagamu(Ogun)-Ikorodu(Lagos) road can as well be smart to see the significance of that road in building the economy of the states involved.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by EkoIle1: 6:01am On Jan 19, 2013
Paul John: Good to see development reaching ikorodu, people of the place have been left out of Lagos development for years.
Noticed the huge road extension(I guess six lane), bridges been built with excellent quality from mile12 to Ikorodu, it's impressive I must say.
The construction of the 4th mainland bridge(hoping) from Island through Lagos Lagoon down to Ikorodu will seal the prosperity of that area.

Wish the govt. in care of Ishagamu(Ogun)-Ikorodu(Lagos) road can as well be smart to see the significance of that road in building the economy of the states involved.

People say all the time that he slowed down in in second term, but they have no idea what's going on. Many projects are in the pipeline. Projects are different and that they all have different completion dates.

He's been non stop inspection of projects all over the state for almost 2 months. I can't wait to see back to back commissioning in a few months..

The cost for 4MB is too high @ $4-5billion and growing. They won't touch it till all the phases of the metro rails are all completed.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by EkoIle1: 6:19am On Jan 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by EkoIle1: 6:21am On Jan 19, 2013
Yahhhhh....

The saw millers are relocating to Ikorodu.

Thank God...

Eko o ni baje lai lai...
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by EkoIle1: 6:22am On Jan 19, 2013

I like this new jetty building...
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by dayokanu(m): 7:16am On Jan 19, 2013
Eko ile

Some people belle don dey turn with diarrhea with all these pictures

Abeg show them some Lagos slums to make dem happy
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by GARRIx7(m): 8:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Nice!!!

Some people with envious, bitter and hate-filled hearts will soon be here to display their low self-esteem and chronic inferiority complex...

grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by colombiana: 9:48am On Jan 19, 2013
Eko Ile: Like I keep telling all the misguided people talking about oil money. Oil money is not everything and you can not substitute good and visionary leadership with some yeye oil money. Where are all the some called oil states with their derivations and huge oil budgets? Den receive oil money and the fist thing to do is to go shop for Jets and scam their people with phoney e library.

It's all about leadership.
Shut up wetin u knw about leadership ur gran papa fit afford house for banana island go and ask who owns most of the houses der u see dey oil related. U tink say ur economy fit stand witout am. Mtcheeeewur governor na just inconsiderate man, all dis one wen e dey do na eye service e go use tax and monopolised govt destroy all of una. #back to rollin ma ballz#

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by kaze4blues(m): 10:03am On Jan 19, 2013
Eko o ni baje lai lai....

Truly, action speaks louder than voice....

Statewide inspection of projects goin on for over two months now and stil countin....

Visionary leader indeed...
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 19, 2013
Fashola will soon overtake Tinubu in terms of riches and glory. I cant understand why he borrows more money when the State Allocation and IGR is enough to handle these projects even when most projects in the Island are Public Private Partnership, we are all not stupid and I need to know why he has to take more loan when Fed Allocation and IGR can power these projects. I am saying this for the interest of us all in Lagos cos the moment another government inherits insolvent debts, then we are the ones to face the music of agberos and task forces and tax collectors from all angles. I like Fashola's style but he should be stopped from these continuous borrowing and eye service, Lagos was developed by Feds mostly he shouldn't act as if he has built monumental bridges in his tenure using the loans he has been randomly taking. Look at Abia, its fallen cos of bad loans collected by Chief sorry Thief Orji Uzor Kalu. Lagos no go spoil cos am here. More grease to his elbow, he is a pragmatic leader although not perfect, greed comes into our heads once in a while, am not saying he shouldnt chop, but am saying dont make it so glaring like Tinubu who has a file with EFCC and ICPC that can be read to him each time he wants to cough. We need a Fashola in Aso Rock after 2019 to complement the efforts of the GEJ led Government after 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by alienvirus: 10:07am On Jan 19, 2013
here they are. expect bloody subsequent pages. they are gathering like vultures. i pity u and your colleagues
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by alienvirus: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2013
here they are. expect bloody subsequent pages. they are gathering like vultures. i pity u and your colleagues
colombiana:
Shut up wetin u knw about leadership ur gran papa fit afford house for banana island go and ask who owns most of the houses der u see dey oil related. U tink say ur economy fit stand witout am. Mtcheeeewur governor na just inconsiderate man, all dis one wen e dey do na eye service e go use tax and monopolised govt destroy all of una. #back to rollin ma ballz#
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by anonimi: 10:14am On Jan 19, 2013
1oracle: You really tried but what is the actual cost of those works?

Is there any chance that the OP will respond to the above question
Abi no transparency in Fashola's ACN government?

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by omarky(m): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2013
" South west is too important to be left in the hands of political maffians"- GEJ
If one of d maffians can bring all dis developments, SW is @ its best in d hands of maffians
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013
omarky: " South west is too important to be left in the hands of political maffians"- GEJ
If one of d maffians can bring all dis developments, SW is @ its best in d hands of maffians
Stop regionalism today so you can grow in the ambiens of natural jurisprudence. Nepotism breeds a cultural divide which is anti-sacrosanct with principle of nationalism. Lagos cant do much without the Federal Government. Much of Lagos revenue comes from Tax on Oil Companies, Filling Stations, Oil Magnets properties, Petro-Tank farms, logistics companies taxes, Staff of Oil & Gas firms, tenement rates on properties own by Oil boys, and even the adverts by these companies. If Oil & Gas related firms move, major malls will close and cinemas are not watched by the poor peasants and lagos will become like London - a Beautiful tax laden heaven with little or no creativity in fiscal manoeuvrings. I hope you are lettered enough to understand my grammatical symphony cos many of you went through school by the schools did not go through you. Lagos is what it is cos of the Federal Government continuous inputs on an hourly basis. I love Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by PaulJohn1: 10:40am On Jan 19, 2013
@Eko ile thanks for bringing up those pictures.

I'm still like "wow" when forum(NL) members who are not Lagos indigine display their bitterness(out of jealousy) for Lagos to bad mouth anything from there.
Better do your whatever business in the city full of opportunities(without limitation), make your money and go back to your village to develop it(myself inclusive), instead of dying over other people's headache.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by colombiana: 10:46am On Jan 19, 2013
alienvirus: here they are. expect bloody subsequent pages. they are gathering like vultures. i pity u and your colleagueshere they are. expect bloody subsequent pages. they are gathering like vultures. i pity u and your colleagues
Na me pity u lagosians, first of all just gv me 3 organizations owns by a logosian. Is it the banks, or oil companies we even help u guys buy the lands and houses ur stupid govt created for u guys ders notin u guys have we gv u the jobs in ur own state. Very funny dnt worry the ikorodu nw the ple from oda region wud start buyin soon cuz prize wud go up. Ovafed babies. Time for party na una mama go tie the longest igele u go tink say na she be mrs wealth, mtcewww suferhead. Bla bla bla shabi dem don ban okada wen aboki ple take dey help una u go trek ur shoe to sing praises to God dnt worry let him develop we wud buy it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by boladez(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2013
This guy called Fashola does not fail to inspire and motivate me with his sheer intelligence and purposeful governance. I wish our leaders at the Federal level could put their acts together and operate like this focussed guy.

Where is sincere9ja? one nairaland guy working for Dirtydoyin okupe and obsessed with Lagos and Fashola.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 19, 2013
Shame won't even allow me to post development in delta state. It is in delta state only the governor's relative collect contracts then sell to another person who sells to the final contractor that has no construction equipment. Life span of roads here is less than a year and the recent harmattan road rehabilitation was pouring of granite in pot holes. Even the really big pot holes that needed the most attention were left unattended.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by talktimi(m): 11:21am On Jan 19, 2013
I still don't understand why Ekol Ile resorts to tribal and regional mudslinging anytime he advertizes the laudable achievements of his principal gov Fashola.
A governor who has people from other states on his executive just to move his own state forward would never stoop to such depths as Eko ile is doing.
Quite shameful indeed.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by elopee3000(m): 11:53am On Jan 19, 2013
yorubas and thier noise somebody will come from ekiti state fighting over lagos he or she dont even own a pin there ,people re fighting over fomer capital of nigeria built with naija money nawaoo,dont worry more 10 years hausa people will tell us how they built abuja with thier cow money,meanwhile fomer chairman of abuja municipal council said that 40percent of buildings in abuja is owned by the igbos no problem,let me ask if oil money can service 36 states of nigeria what do you think if all that money is giving to oil producing states,if the truth shall be told buba marwa started changes in lagos during tinubu term he did not do anything he was busy renaming all what buba marwa built to kudirat abiola name.fashola is trying but only problem i ve with him is he is acting like lagos is no more nigeria,this his slogan go back to ur village is another thing if london decide to ask yoruba people to leave london more than 3 million will be deported yet his asking his fellow naija men to leave lagos ,we wanted u people to enjoy ur nigeria ur lagos ur abuja u people said no we must belong to nigeria yet u guys will not allow us to drink water and keep cup,before u say anything one isiaka from oshogbo will ask u to go back to east,

1 Like

Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by nuesaweso(f): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
I don't know what the beef is, I thought Lagos is for all of us, No? Why so much hating on Lagos?

We should all be proud we have lagos repp'ing naija just like any big city i.e London, New York, Paris.

Fact 1: All these cities have their slums
Fact 2: All these cities have their posh areas
Fact 3: All these cities weren't built only by indigenes/aborigines

So please quit hating lowlifes!
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by GARRIx7(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
elopee3000: yorubas and thier noise somebody will come from ekiti state fighting over lagos he or she dont even own a pin there ,people re fighting over fomer capital of nigeria built with naija money nawaoo,dont worry more 10 years hausa people will tell us how they built abuja with thier cow money,meanwhile fomer chairman of abuja municipal council said that 40percent of buildings in abuja is owned by the igbos no problem,let me ask if oil money can service 36 states of nigeria what do you think if all that money is giving to oil producing states,if the truth shall be told buba marwa started changes in lagos during tinubu term he did not do anything he was busy renaming all what buba marwa built to kudirat abiola name.fashola is trying but only problem i ve with him is he is acting like lagos is no more nigeria,this his slogan go back to ur village is another thing if london decide to ask yoruba people to leave london more than 3 million will be deported yet his asking his fellow naija men to leave lagos ,we wanted u people to enjoy ur nigeria ur lagos ur abuja u people said no we must belong to nigeria yet u guys will not allow us to drink water and keep cup,before u say anything one isiaka from oshogbo will ask u to go back to east,

Why not face the topic instead of telling the whole world how bitter, hateful, miserable and frustrated you are??
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by GARRIx7(m): 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
blink182: Shame won't even allow me to post development in delta state. It is in delta state only the governor's relative collect contracts then sell to another person who sells to the final contractor that has no construction equipment. Life span of roads here is less than a year and the recent harmattan road rehabilitation was pouring of granite in pot holes. Even the really big pot holes that needed the most attention were left unattended.

"The finger of God" truly is working in Delta State....

grin
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by slimfit1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
colombiana:

Tax are necessary people have been paying tax right from the beginning of civilisation we are happy to pay our tax tell your own governor to do the same it's not a crime to pay your tax.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by slimfit1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
elopee3000: yorubas and thier noise somebody will come from ekiti state fighting over lagos he or she dont even own a pin thre ,people re fighting over fomer capital of nigeria built with naija money nawaoo,dont worry more 10 years hausa people will tell us how they built abuja with thier cow money,meanwhile fomer chairman of abuja municipal council said that 40percent of buildings in abuja is owned by the igbos no problem,let me ask if oil money can service 36 states of nigeria what do you think if all that money is giving to oil producing states,if the truth shall be told buba marwa started changes in lagos during tinubu term he did not do anything he was busy renaming all what buba marwa built to kudirat abiola name.fashola is trying but only problem i ve with him is he is acting like lagos is no more nigeria,this his slogan go back to ur village is another thing if london decide to ask yoruba people to leave london more than 3 million will be deported yet his asking his fellow naija men to leave lagos ,we wanted u people to enjoy ur nigeria ur lagos ur abuja u people said no we must belong to nigeria yet u guys will not allow us to drink water and keep cup,before u say anything one isiaka from oshogbo will ask u to go back to east,

What did marwa do Mr man watch your mouth. That man just played with our emotions fact. Non of the things he did had long time values to lLagos. Let me help you if other states were performing people wouldn't come to Lagos. Yoruba people want visitors but we don't want dirty once that can't obey simple rules and regulations. You instead of hating go and challenge your governor stop wasting your time.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by slimfit1(m): 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
Some US should tell our governor that it's not a crime to copy fashola. He himself copied other people so I don't understand unnecessary hating.
Re: Fashola: “present Administration Is Not Made Up Of Showmen” by slimfit1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
elopee3000: yorubas and thier noise somebody will come from ekiti state fighting over lagos he or she dont even own a pin there ,people re fighting over fomer capital of nigeria built with naija money nawaoo,dont worry more 10 years hausa people will tell us how they built abuja with thier cow money,meanwhile fomer chairman of abuja municipal council said that 40percent of buildings in abuja is owned by the igbos no problem,let me ask if oil money can service 36 states of nigeria what do you think if all that money is giving to oil producing states,if the truth shall be told buba marwa started changes in lagos during tinubu term he did not do anything he was busy renaming all what buba marwa built to kudirat abiola name.fashola is trying but only problem i ve with him is he is acting like lagos is no more nigeria,this his slogan go back to ur village is another thing if london decide to ask yoruba people to leave london more than 3 million will be deported yet his asking his fellow naija men to leave lagos ,we wanted u people to enjoy ur nigeria ur lagos ur abuja u people said no we must belong to nigeria yet u guys will not allow us to drink water and keep cup,before u say anything one isiaka from oshogbo will ask u to go back to east,

Which Nigeria n money are you talking about. You are talking as if they use the money to build a place like new York. I wonder how your house would look like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Staff Desert National Assembly Despite Work Resumption / Akin Adesina: Nigeria Needs Help With Debt Burden / Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.