Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians (37672 Views)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / Capacity Of Nigerian Car Manufacturing Industry Rises By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
azimibraun: Re inventing the wheel... Motor car wen I don do with gongoni and carton tire as a child.. Mk our science student create new tins wey never exist b4 or add smthin special 2 an existing phenomenon. Break grounds or advance an existing creation.

Reinventing the wheel seems the only thing Nigerian "inventors" are capable of, and even then they often do a shoddy job of it. It's quite funny.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by seedord247(m): 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
Full option....

Tear animal rubber.

Natural AC. grin
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by onila(f): 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
grin
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by azimibraun: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
2days ago I saw a basket car on NTA or AIT, nw am seeing dis.. 2 b honest can anybody drive in dis car? Is it road worthy certified by FRSC or VIO? If u say smone invents a car let dt car b a ble 2 travel @ least 100km. A grinding engine wld mk more meaning dn dis. U cnt use dis car, bt u cn use d one d indians and chinese boys and girls invent. Nt beef bt a fact.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by bookface: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2013

This is just pure mental laziness. I understand that in the land of the blind, the one eyed bloke is expected to be hailed, and for this reason, i will expect similar blinded folks to come around saying "Hey let's salute them, at least they made an effort"

For fcks sake, what effort? If you wanna do something, do it well or don't do it at all, but by all means, don't plunge mankind back into the 18th centuries with your school projects. Even cars that were developed then were a bit more aesthetically looking than that thing.

I hope this mess of a project serves as a lesson of sorts for those kids going into their final years. Please and please, make sure your projects aim to develop on existing technologies. Discover something new. Explain a mystery. Discover a cure. Find an answer. Make the world better with your projects, don't just go sourcing some spare parts at alaba, hoping you'd win a Nobel for the first man to build a car, you are too late for that.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by oduz: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
Baba419: When you say built a car do you mean one of those "bought the engine and design the body things" or "actually starting from scratch and making a car"? cos I see a good effort here.

Kudos, wether na 'assemble' 'resemble' or whatever, and what do u mean by start from the scratch? where and when was that ever done to the letter, which will mean by your expectation 're-inventing the wheel'. The Automobile is one of those inventions that evolved through progressive cumulative contributions to suit various goals/objectives, all we need ask is what is their specific contribution to this phenomenon ....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by cyril83(m): 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
Lollycutie: U're a fool bigggggggg one at dat.What cant u do idiot,ur types are jst dumb n uncivilized.smh
see pot calling kettle black...you are the nincompoop here, what is damn special in that rotor toy car...I think you r the uncivilized here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
How much?? I want to buy for my would be wife
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
Please tell me where to put the horse on this wagon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by skuch101: 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
nice one
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by barackosama(m): 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
webcalculator: This is a project by mechanical engineering students in one of the universities in nigeria.
they drove this car on the day of defence

Which school could it be and what is your take on the car?
Another Accident Machine. smiley
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by killuminati(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
val_dubem: wonderful car; but I wont ride in that!
grincheesygrin

With all the power vested in me by the federal republic of garriland/nairalan, I hereby place you under arrest for impersonation.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by RedLight1: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
Lollycutie: U're a fool bigggggggg one at dat.What cant u do idiot,ur types are jst dumb n uncivilized.smh
so instead of ranting like a savage and a biatch. why dont u just state a reason or reasons for ur outburst? and what u think is wrong with my post
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by skuch101: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
this is so cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
ds is bullshit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by ikpom55: 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
webcalculator: This is a project by mechanical engineering students in one of the universities in nigeria.
they drove this car on the day of defence

Which school could it be and what is your take on the car?

^^ you have asked a very good question, but you should also know that most car manufacturers, have the different parts including the engine built by different companies in same country, or different countries.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by slimfit1(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
Bad design at this time of century you are designing a car like that I no mechanics that would do better than this ask them for help its part of research.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by AZeD1(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
Positiveminds: Good effort. Hope in sight for Nigeria. GEJ is really making good stuff come out from our Universities
If i did not believe in the laptop squad before, this post would have changed my mind. Bros abeg no vex but wetin consign GEJ with this one?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Rex123(m): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
why is it that smpple find it very difficult to appreciate their pple or their works. we re developing and one day,we will get dere. stop comparing us with the west. our boys re really working hard to be productive. all they need is our support.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
Is this a motor or a tomor?
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by lastmanstandn(m): 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
Nice
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by RedLight1: 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
J12: Is this a motor or a tomor?
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by azimibraun: 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
Why waste time, energy and resources on things ur community doesn't need because dey hv advanced beyond it and certainly a thing nt commercialy viable? I wld expect a team of mechanical engineering student 2 collectively work on smthing gud or partner with students in orther establish auto making cities with scholsarship funds 2 build a modern machine. Wt d hell is dis? Is dis wt we call scienticfic advancement? Na so cars wey dey boy d enter be? Stop praising mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
How many graduates have ever opened their project work after collecting NYSC call up letters

I will be more impressed if this project work becomes the focus of practicals for the incoming set of sudents so it doesnt become an ''assemble for marks'' stuff. But how many lecturers think that way
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by lastmanstandn(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2013
keep it up guys...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Nonsense
Waste of time and energy, who's gonna drive this sh!t??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by electrowale: 11:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
FUTA MECHANICAL WORKSHOP
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
To be marketed by inspired motors . cheesy
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by RedLight1: 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
azimibraun: Why waste time, energy and resources on things ur community doesn't need because dey hv advanced beyond it and certainly a thing nt commercialy viable? I wld expect a team of mechanical engineering student 2 collectively work on smthing gud or partner with students in orther establish auto making cities with scholsarship funds 2 build a modern machine. Wt d hell is dis? Is dis wt we call scienticfic advancement? Na so cars wey dey boy d enter be? Stop praising mediocrity.
abi o... exactly my point
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by RedLight1: 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

To be marketed by inspired motors . cheesy
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by AZeD1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
Rex123: why is it that smpple find it very difficult to appreciate their pple or their works. we re developing and one day,we will get dere. stop comparing us with the west. our boys re really working hard to be productive. all they need is our support.
Have you ever heard the expression "don't reinvent the wheels"? They should be looking to improve on existing models not taking us back to the 1900s

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by azimibraun: 11:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
Why is a research carried out?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / Gold Customized 1982 Mercedes Benz Spotted In Kaduna (photos) / World Car Award 2018: Range Rover Velar Wins World Car Design Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.