Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians (37651 Views)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / Capacity Of Nigerian Car Manufacturing Industry Rises By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by FXKing2012(m): 4:01am On Jan 20, 2013
Why are Nigerians always satisfied with mediocrity? What is good in that "pangolo" being called car? I'm sure he only built the body, not the engine. So why say he built a car when we all know engine is what really makes a car, not the body.
Any panelbeater can make the body - even better sef.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Arogba: 4:18am On Jan 20, 2013
Nonsense!!! What is the invention here, the tyre or the steering? We passed this stage some 30, 40 years ago.
If this is what our students are learning in 2013 then we are doomed but i hope not.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by jidejoseph: 4:23am On Jan 20, 2013
Pple lets all for once be tankful o is not easy to brimg imagination to reality
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by mcevans1(m): 4:26am On Jan 20, 2013
:DLOl. Toy story season 2 episode 5. Andy has a toy car.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by eninaija(f): 4:27am On Jan 20, 2013
GREAT!!! They did this without Government support...thats commendable! I know they can and hope they improve... (*****while some of their mates are busy giving Naija a bad name)
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by edoyad(m): 4:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Putting the financial constraints of being an under grad into consideration, I would say they did rather well.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2013
Jisos! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

I haven't laughed this hard in a long while. Nairaland sha grin
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Wendyphil(f): 4:40am On Jan 20, 2013
Well done o,More grease 2 ur elbow.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by ezedolar: 5:00am On Jan 20, 2013
Very soon the govenor of that state will add it to his achivement
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by forgiven(m): 5:01am On Jan 20, 2013
See the video on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XOLOLrUBRBY and or read it here http://www.crowdrise.com/InnovateSalone. This is an example of what I'll call a project.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 20, 2013
I don't think anyone should laugh at this.
You just might be laughing at the future engineers of the first African line of cars.

Do you know what that would mean for Nigeria and the continent at large?! cheesy

I said it a while ago (or was it two days ago? ) that my hope is to live to see Africa produce her own cars. That they be made on the continent and mass produced there.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by yungdamaz(m): 5:19am On Jan 20, 2013
Dem try,..2 assemble car materials 4rm d scratch aint easy...bt d car razz oooo cheesy
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 20, 2013
all4naija: You too refused to get it. He is not inventing anything. He assembled something already existing,although, done in a little bit ugly way.
DID U SAY LITTLE BIT? HOMIE THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE UGLIEST MOST HIDEOUS CAR IVE EVER SEEN.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 20, 2013
yung da maz: Dem try,..2 assemble car materials 4rm d scratch aint easy...bt d car razz oooo cheesy

you have to start somewhere. Fords didn't always look like this:

This was the beginning. wink

I'm just saying.....
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 20, 2013
loveberry:

make your own. Enemy of Progress.

DO U HONESTLY CALL THAT JUNK 'PROGRESS' shocked
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by vizboy(m): 5:38am On Jan 20, 2013
This is good if e be say no be part them just compile together
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Whiteb(m): 5:41am On Jan 20, 2013
Gud
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by webcalculator(m): 6:05am On Jan 20, 2013
It pains me that nobody mentioned my school.

the car was assenbled at ANAMBRA STATE UNIVERSITY, Uli!

No matter how you hate the car, the truth is that we have advanced. with the help of the school management we have produced a sports car that contested in Formula student competition, london. A finer, well designed and fabricated sports car. We took first position in Africa. the car was better than the S.A and Egypt sports car that came to the competition. Off course we sold it there after the competition. will post it here later

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by jemijay: 6:21am On Jan 20, 2013
why cant nigerian students just invent something new that will be acceptable world over... we already have cars now so i dont see it as an invention... just a waste of time afterall no one is gonna drive or buy that ... what is the point in re inventing cars ...or is this car gonna be running on urine or water

ΰя also S̶̲̥̅ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ a nigerian. U can as well invent somtn urself. Kudos guys,I'm sure u,ll invent greater tns I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ future.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Cwhyte(m): 6:25am On Jan 20, 2013
Arogba: Nonsense!!! What is the invention here, the tyre or the steering? We passed this stage some 30, 40 years ago.
If this is what our students are learning in 2013 then we are doomed but i hope not.

Nigerians are so impossible to please, in a country that is so technologically backward, someone built a wooden car and all you could do is criticise.

Do you expect him to build about 2000 metallic engine parts by himself? Of cos not.

If every Nigerian student was made to reproduce an existing invention, we wouldn't be here today . Let's start from somewhere please

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by colombiana: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2013
kuzzieOtiz: I hope they actually built it... Instead of just assembling body parts. cheesy

Good for them though.
Can u assemble a blender. Mtcheeewww
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by stevewale(m): 6:43am On Jan 20, 2013
Whichever institution's product is this, I doff my cap for the brains behind this... I think invention like this is what all these multinationals should be promoting and not the stupid and senseless likes of Nigeria Idol, Project Fame, Dance All, Ultimate search, etc as if Nigerians don't have better things they are good at... Atleast, little thanks to NTA Expo.

Thumbs up for the guy who did this; I suppose u shud be celebrated.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Fiawest(m): 6:46am On Jan 20, 2013
Dis is 2013 I think!!!!!!!can't celebrate an assembled Tractor jo.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by naijathings(m): 6:49am On Jan 20, 2013
Lollycutie: U're a fool bigggggggg one at dat.What cant u do idiot,ur types are jst dumb n uncivilized.smh
I really do not see anything foolish about what the guy said. He said the truth. I mean, what the hell is the point of putting so much time and effort to produce this car if it is the same things done in 1900 and has no special environmental friendly or new technology to show? what is the relevance of this car? this is a big waste of time but I do not blame them, they did it for Nigerian school project.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by naijathings(m): 6:55am On Jan 20, 2013
C. whyte:

Nigerians are so impossible to please, in a country that is so technologically backward, some built a wooden car and all you could do is criticise.

Do you expect him to build about 2000 metallic engine parts by himself? Of cos not.

If every Nigerian student was made to reproduce an existing invention, we wouldn't be here to. Let's start from somewhere please

My dear friend.. I agree with you. Let us start from somewhere. How about we start from somewhere close to the future? we can not continue to settle for less. you should know that there would be little or no advancement in tech and science if there is no criticism to work done.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by naijathings(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2013
*Kails*:
I don't think anyone should laugh at this.
You just might be laughing at the future engineers of the first African line of cars.

Do you know what that would mean for Nigeria and the continent at large
?! cheesy

I said it a while ago (or was it two days ago? ) that my hope is to live to see Africa produce her own cars. That they be made on the continent and mass produced there.
do you know how many times people laughed at Newton, Gallileo, Thomas Edison and Einstein?
I wish I could see whoever did this and laugh at him so he might get angry and quit like a fake engineer or get challenged and prove me and rest of Nigeria wrong and make us feel sorry for laughing.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by chizzy161(f): 7:10am On Jan 20, 2013
I'm happy for the guy that manufactured this. For those who are criticizing him, watch what u say b'cos u might be causing ur self.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by thefunclubenterprise(m): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2013
I'm very sure many of the critics here are not mechanical engineers!
Where are my fellow mech engineers??
Let's get some points to them

1# To make a complete car prototype like the toyota's, it takes hundreds of engineers, including advanced robotics. Find out

2# School projects are not production grounds, its a chance to research, if you are an engineering graduate or @ least a 400lv student of mechanical, you will understand what a prototype and a model is. Did you ask yourself if they worked on the engines?,or brakes?, or power creation?, now if its the engine they worked on, as a prototype u must create something that engine will work on, you don't need to waste resources, just create a car like structure.

3# A real car model takes company's with thousands of engineers and robotics months to design!, now do you expect a group of 3 or 4 ill trained students to match that? Projects take about 8 months.

4# Even if they assembled, No car company in the world manufacture all its parts!, car design is more of assembling, most parts are from different companies. If you are given parts of a car mr critic do you know what to put together to create motion? Or you think you are assembling amala and soup??

5# A car is one complex piece of machine, I'm very sure they only worked on an aspect! Like fuel-air ratio in the piston, proper combustion, advanced braking, safety, electronics, gearing or something else!

6# I was in a mechanic workshop one day, and a road side who knew what I'm reading asked, why can't "you" make a car, and I replied because, no "you" can make a car. The guy never understood me!
Only one man can't make a car!, you need the chemical engineers, the production/material engineers etc!
Who is going to design the circuit boards! , who is going to design the battery?, who is going to cut the gears, how about the thermodynamic relations to create motion from the piston and cylinder to the wheels?
Its not an easy job my friends!

7# Did you sponsor the project!, or you think the school will pay for it?, maybe if one of you critics were kind enough to donate 200 million naira for the proper design of a car, then I can understand your criticism

8# They didn't intend for the design to hit the road, so stop asking if its accident prone, they must be working on advancing a system!
Or you think toyota does not have a prototype of camry 2013? Which you can't drive? Because it was done to develop the design of 2012?

9# I'm tired of talking, I need real design engineers! If I'm the project supervisor I would give them an A! If they were able to prove a point with what they did, or improve something or even tried to improve it!

Trials gave birth to most technological break through! You must not get it the 1st time!

I suggest they leave that prototype in the school and allow upcoming sets keep working on it, maybe one day a set will decide to work on the body and with time it will look as good as you want it. Its just poor funding , corruption, and poor educational system and facilities that is drawing us back!

But I give them kudos! To put a non living object in constant motion isn't small work.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by oluebubesyd(m): 7:21am On Jan 20, 2013
Red-Light:
why cant nigerian students just invent something new that will be acceptable world over... we already have cars now so i dont see it as an invention... just a waste of time afterall no one is gonna drive or buy that ... what is the point in re inventing cars ...or is this car gonna be running on urine or water?
Whch 1 u buid self? Na students build that 1 to defend common project. I sure say u no even fit thnk up somethng good. How u go dey critise person wey build sumthng when u cant even thnk up sumtin to build? Are u a learner?
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by slimfit1(m): 7:21am On Jan 20, 2013
PeeDaVinci: when ugandan university is producing electric car http://ictville.com/2012/12/ugandas-35000-electric-car/

imagine what nigeria is celebrating smh

do i blame the student, no, he is doing his best within the confine of his resources, however i blame the people who create and are sustaining a system which produces stuff like this in the name of producing cars. i also have a lot of issues with apologists and sympathizers of this system who justifies this rubish by saying stuff like "nigeria's engineers are trying", "we have to start from somewhere as low as building this crap ??"

Please help me educate these people well oh I still don't understand the reason why the guy decided to make this crap he calls a car. He definitely didn't have a design in mind before making this crap.
Re: Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 20, 2013
Siena:

Yes, but the mechanical parts are built to their own spec, using their blueprints. That's called manufacturing.

The automobile in this thread is merely assembled

The oracle has spoken,so I'm gonna call this a disreputable subterfuge intended for the credulous folks. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / Gold Customized 1982 Mercedes Benz Spotted In Kaduna (photos) / World Car Award 2018: Range Rover Velar Wins World Car Design Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.