Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. (2245 Views)

Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) / Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari / Gumi Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by youi: 5:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
When this man gumi talks,it’s to support Boko haram.I think he should be investigated.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by djustice: 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
Why is he still free?
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by azpekuliar: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
@OP.... Why do you deliberately seek to stir the hornet's nest?
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by Clerverly: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
This man should be caged and fed to the dogs angry angry angry Why is he still walking free
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by BlackPikiN(m): 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
Written by Alaba Johnson on 19 January 2013.

Gumi Warns Nigeria Against Sending Troops to Mali, Doubts Ihejirika Claims that Nigerian Terrorists Train in Mali
⁠ 
⁠ The renowned Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi has expressed his displeasure about the federal government's contribution of troops to the Mali campaign to expel Islamic extremists in the North of the country. He also expressed doubt about the claim by the Chief of Army Staff, Azubuike Ihejirika, that Nigerian terrorists are being trained in Mali.

This is even as it has been revealed that the leader of the dreaded Islamic sect Boko Haram, Malam Abubakar Shekau, was shot and escaped to Mali where he is currently receiving treatment allegedly in the Malian town of Gao.

Gumi, who called Ihejirika a South south and Southeast Chief of Army Staff rather than a Nigerian Chief of Army Staff also went on to warn that the fight against terrorists in Mali may turn out to be a war against Muslims.

⁠ He warned that if Ihejirika wanted to go the way of Azazi by building what he implanted then he leaves him to posterity.

⁠ Gumi made these comments on his facebook page (click here) and as usual NaijaPundit brings you the full unedited post below;

⁠ NIGERIAN TROOPS IN MALI

⁠ Today Nigerian troops are committed in Mali to fight ‘Islamic terrorist’ without intellectually looking at the repercussion of such an adventure. We all know that War against terror which Islam also fights can easily be turned into war against Islam. There is a thin line between the two. And if caution is not taken, the situation can seriously be dangerous for the nation and more so for the government.

⁠ One thing is very clear. No nation on earth can fight Islam and succeed. A Russian General was interviewed just before the illegal bush junior's attack on Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein to tap on Russian's experiences in Afghanistan. He said: “I advise the US not to attack Iraq, because if it does that, then it will be fighting the whole Muslims and whoever fights the whole Muslims will not succeed”. When I heard those words myself, I was amused. First I knew then that Saddam Hussein is not a favorite of many Muslims, I therefore wonder who will fight for him because Iraq is attacked. Secondly, what weapons do the Muslims have that the superpowers cannot defeat in warfare?

⁠ I can now see what he means. The Soviet Union has fought the Mujahideen for almost 13 years in Afghanistan and ended up disintegrated. Now, the USA is facing a fatal economic challenge a similar challenge that made the Soviet Union unmanageable and crumbled. The USA has been a free country where money flows in and out, where business flourishes with little hindrances. But the moment, Bush lied and tried to attack a sovereign nation, it frighten all the Muslim states even those that are moderate from his recklessness. It also frightened the Americans from possible backlash of such an adventure inflaming an already volatile situation. The end result is stringent monitoring and restriction of flow of money in and out of the country. A self-imposed umbilical stenosis, a self-imposed strangulation. Nobody will again trust the USA, therefore people now prefer Asia for their business, medical care and even education. All this caused by an who has caused untold hardship for his citizens and others alike. Today, Bush jr and his defense ‘Hamana’ Ramsfeild are nonentity even in their own country, they are not respected and they will forever be tormented with the sights of so many American youth that were maimed and amputated from the deceptive war against ‘terror’ they manipulated.

⁠ As for Nigeria, we have seen in the late 60’s when Maj. Nzeogwu assassinated the Northern premier and the subsequent Biafran War that ensued. Ojukwu in his declaration of war was point blank that he was fighting Islam and the menace of Arabs as he claimed. The end results were that he destroyed lives, went to exile and to date Biafra ceases to exist except of course in the psyche of its proponents. And worst still for him, Islam has reached the sea shores of the Delta.

⁠ This brief chain of events should be a clear counsel to people leading Nigeria today; no one can fight Islam or the Muslims and succeed. It is futile to attempt. They will only destroy their own lives and cause untold hardship to others. They will be cursed not only by people they injured but by their own people as Bush jr is regarded now in America. Therefore if they have such plans or are deceived by some Islam-phobics in their circles they should reverse their policies immediately.

⁠ I am seriously clouded by doubts about the intentions Nigerian leaders in sending troops to Mali and also the security situation in the north. Many people are questioning the militarization of the north which to me is a disguise. I Read some excerpts from an article posted on: www.gamji.com. Title: Executive Plane Crashes & Roadblocks By Babayola M. Toungo (babayolatoungo@yahoo.co.uk">babayolatoungo@yahoo.co.uk). He said:
⁠ “Today most cities in the north look like conquered territories because of the high concentration of gun totting military personnel wherever one turns. Our society has been militarised, and if I can borrow Jerry Rawlings cliché, “violence have been democratised”, with a human life costing less than the cost of the bullet used to kill him. The soldiers deployed to our cities and highways have turned out to be worse than the Boko Haram fighters it is meant to protect the people from. The number of souls lost to the bullets of the soldiers may be higher than the number of those killed by the sect members. Much as the people have been calling on the authorities for the withdrawal of the soldiers, the authorities have turned deaf ears because they believe the people are their enemies and must therefore be shielded from by force of arms. All this may be a direct consequence of how our leaders emerged through fraudulent means. Apart from the daily lost of lives caused by the military, the humiliation our people suffer from the hands of these uncouth goons both in the cities and the highways are terrible, to say the least. I had the misfortune of travelling to Yola by road from Kaduna and the way commuters in public vehicles are humiliated and intimidated made me hate being a Nigerian. The military men manning the roadblocks behaves no different from occupation forces we see on our television sets in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine. Passengers are asked to come down from their vehicles and open their luggage for a public display of their most personal items. At some roadblocks, passengers are ordered to face away from the vehicle while searches are conducted. I saw a woman forced to mow grasses for daring to look at a soldier while he was searching their bus. The ‘rule’ is that all passengers are to turn their backs to their luggage while it being searched. Can’t be worse for Palestinians crossing into Israel. We ended up making a trip of eight hours in ten. For those in the towns, the experiences are far worse for those using motorcycles. You are forced to dismount at the pain of being flogged by the soldiers at the roadblocks. The harassments and humiliations apart, the stupendous amount of money that goes into maintaining these roadblocks are mind-boggling. The monies should have made a lot of difference in the lives of our long-suffering compatriots. With all the ubiquity of the roadblocks, the bombers – what they are purportedly created to stop – are continuing to have a field day. With the twin bombings in the heart of the military’s elitist Cantonment – Jaji – the uselessness of these roadblocks have been exposed. They are just useless money guzzlers and a tool for the humiliation of the poor who find it difficult to navigate the various fierce looking, gun-totting soldiers, to go looking what to eat. My point in this piece is for us to use Yakowa’s death to rethink our security strategies. Our government houses have been turned into fortresses and most government institutions and structures are looking like mini military cantonments all in an effort to protect our governors, lawmakers and other public functionaries. But the architect of this draconian security policy – the late Owoye Azazi – died in a chopper crash. He was “attacked” by death where you can’t erect a roadblock. I do not claim to know much about the man Azazi but I know him from reputation as the man indicted for the crime of unprecedented movement of military hardware to Niger Delta militants when he was the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Mechanised Division, Kaduna. He went on to head the Army and retire as Chief of Defence Staff. He reinvented himself during the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration as the National Security Adviser (NSA) with enormous powers and influence. He is no more but his legacies of roadblocks live with us. The continued attacks by faceless terror groups who, for all we know, are hiding behind the mask of Boko Haram to perpetrate mayhem in the north, is a testament to the failure of these death traps. They are there simply to degrade and intimidate poor daily road users who cannot afford sirens. “ unquote

⁠ There is no border sharing Between Nigeria and Mali. There is Niger republic, Burkina Faso and Togo in between. All these nations did not report of terrorism and suddenly we read in the news that ‘the Army Chief of Staff (COAS) Azubuike Ihejirika, who did not offer evidence, claimed that terrorists trained in Mali had already arrived on Nigerian shores. See: Here, Posted: January 17, 2013 - 22:19.

If what he said is true, then Nigerian is unnecessarily plunging itself into a War that will have a grievous consequence on our security without any foreseen benefit. Let us encourage the Malians tackle their insurgency peacefully not by taking sides. If however, the SS&SE (COAS) wants to use the volatile situation to build on what his predecessor Azazi implanted, then we leave him to posterity. Time will tell.

https://www.nairaland.com/1168499/gumi-warns-nigeria-against-sending
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by austinsmat(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
A confused man with no direction don't worry,ur wounded student is in Mali with gun shot he will be caught soonest

Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by chyseth(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
sometimes i just wonder why some people have allowed religion to so swallow their common sense that they no longer see reason in anything except through their religious eye glasses.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by aurenflani: 11:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
austinsmat: A confused man with no direction don't worry,ur wounded student is in Mali with gun shot he will be caught soonest

With these words coming from your mouth you must quickly write your will. People who have allowed hatred to weigh them down always fell to reason using common sense. His words might have sounded harsh but for someone of his status, you should just sit there and wait for the consequences when the result of his fear for the country and her peoples face your evil face.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
OH! HOW I WISH SOMEBODY CAN JUST PUT A BULLET THRU HIS ISLAMIC AND SATANIC FILLED SKULL.
CANT BLAME HIM THOU, HE IS ONLY SERVING HIS ARAB MASTER WHO ARE HELL BENT TO DESTABILIZE NIGERIA. JOBLESS FANATIC
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by koruji(m): 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
This is quite amusing.
I guess the FG should simply let Boko Haram continue on the loose in the north so they don't fight muslims.
Otherwise, I don't understand what status you are talking about.
Gumi may have a status in your eyes, but none in the eyes of the people that his unreasonable words affect.

These religious leaders are funny and reason like elementary school kids.
Fight against Islam caused Soviet collapse, and also the recession in the USA?
I guess fight against Islam caused all the other recessions and collapse of empires in history too.

The people that have taken northern Mali and are already doing worse things than the Taliban of Afghanistan and Boko Haram of Nigeria are the islam that must not be fought?
They are even destroying monuments that the ancient muslim empire in Mali left behind hundreds of years ago.
The same crazies want to destroy the Egyptian monuments - these drug induced crazies are giving your religion a terrible name.

I cannot but think that Gumi has to speak like this because he is moving in some very dangerous circles - a no choice situation for him.

aurenflani:
With these words coming from your mouth you must quickly write your will. People who have allowed hatred to weigh them down always fell to reason using common sense. His words might have sounded harsh but for someone of his status, you should just sit there and wait for the consequences when the result of his fear for the country and her peoples face your evil face.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 20, 2013
Someone really in need of education!
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Damn!! The line about falling of russia or usa really expose what illitracy does to muslims like this eediot! Lol at anybody that fight terrorist is fighting islam, I swear most muslim here in america will disagree with him! and like his slowpoke fore fathers he believed islam have lay their babaric down to delta area of nigeria,assuming if this was said by a christian that the bible now have its way in north then hell will break and they will start bombing themselve destroying their home so to threaten their enemy lol from iraq to sokoto same babaric brain! and thinking! I'm beginning to believe that some really cursed on earth!
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by austinsmat(m): 3:40am On Jan 20, 2013
aurenflani:

is U and ur family that will quickly write ur will and for U been fool to support evil and allowing it to spread out, U can never see good things in ur life question for u HAVE UR GUMI FOR ONCE CONDEMN BOKO HARAM THAT IS CAUSING HAVOC IN THE WHOLE NORTH,he is only complaining about JTF in the north if there is no boko killing where will be no JTF,now he called fighting against terroist in mali is fighting against Muslim which means he is calling Muslim terrorist indirectly, an evil man that celebrate death of his own governor because he is a christian and sees it as allah taken,now he is calling ihejirika a south south and southeast chief of army staff because he send soldiers to Mali in fighting against him brotherhood in evil doing and his wounded student in evil doing will be catch soonest,pls repent and tell him to repent as well, desert from evil and stop reasoning from ur anus

Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by azpekuliar: 6:27am On Jan 20, 2013
Where are those US drones? This man needs to be obliterated!
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by austinsmat(m): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2013
azpekuliar: Where are those US drones? This man needs to be obliterated!
That man don't need to die quick like that he need to die slowly by putting 10inch naill his two legs and sew this mouth he use to white watch his aramajiri utter hatred and voilent
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 20, 2013
Why is this man still walking around, if you can't get him normally then carry out a covert operation and get rid of him. Is clear he is a terrorist. There Is nothing his fellowers will do that they haven't done before.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by otokx(m): 10:45am On Jan 20, 2013
you & i:
When this man gumi talks,it’s to support Boko haram.I think he should be investigated.

he is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by karlmax2: 10:54am On Jan 20, 2013
I hope people. Now see why the north are against the present government.by calling the chief of army staff a south south -south east chief of army staff shows how he and so many northerners view this government expecially the moslems.they view GEJ as a south south - south- east president. But come 2015 we shall see how the moslem north would rule nigeria we are watching and taking note of uttrances like this from the like of shack gunmi and some of his fellow bitter moslem northerners on nairaland.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by AWONEYAN(m): 11:11am On Jan 20, 2013
This Gumi dog should be hanged!
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by CROWE: 5:12am On Jan 21, 2013
otokx:

he is entitled to his opinion.

That's not an opinion, what it is is telling propaganda, he obviously supports Boko haram and in one capacity or another he is probably an active member.
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by austinsmat(m): 5:33am On Jan 21, 2013
Let fight for it now for the peace of tomorrow say no to TERRORIST

Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by Hardfact: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2013
Guess he's joking. And why no link?
Re: Don’t Send Troops To Mali, Gumi Warns Nigeria. by naptu2: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2013
He reminds me of his father (who said that the Dimka coup was a christian plot to kill muslims).

Sheikh Abubakar Mahmud Gumi
www.nairaland.com/attachments/897822_a20Sheikh20Abubakar20Mahmud20Gumi_jpg067acc37153d9602cf03e13e0ed01088

Sheikh (Dr) Ahmad Abubakar Gumi
www.nairaland.com/attachments/897823_Sheikh20Dr20Ahmad20Abubakar20Gumi_jpg436157810c2c9df2bcd083d5382dafb5

(1) (Reply)

75% Of Lagosians Live In Slums - Amnesty International / A Cry For Help From A Military Wife(sos) / Presidency Appoint Mr Peter Obi As Defence Minister Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.