Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari (5170 Views)

Military Coup Option For Nigeria? Don't Commit Suicide!" Gumi Warns Military / Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari / Gumi Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by KaiMallam: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ever since making his declaration to run for the presidential elections in 2015, General Muhammadu Buhari has come under fire from some Nigerians who see his candidature as one that would further polarize the country along religious and ethnic lines.

Professor Wole Soyinka, Nigeria’s literary icon, had, in the past, warned Buhari against putting himself up for election into the presidential office in an article he wrote titled The Crimes of Buhari’.

One of such notable persons that has joined the fray of those asking Buhari to rethink his decision to vie for presidential office is Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, a popular Islamic cleric. The Sheikh had asked Buhari what it was that he did not do at the time he was a military head of state that he now wants to complete.

Gumi noted that Buhari’s candidature is one that portends trouble for the country given his open support for Shari’a, a topical issue that is attractive only in the north. He noted that Buhari had, in the past, suggested the idea of expanding the implementation of Shari’a, which could jeopardize the religious freedom of Nigerians and further put the country into restiveness.

“The APC should field any other candidate other than Buhari. His time has expired. The natural thing to do when there is an allergic reaction is to avoid the allergens. Buhari is an allergen to Christians. Can’t we be treated with non-allergens?”

Sheikh Gumi further noted that Buhari’s rigid personality and inability to entertain advise from those around him is not the hallmark of a good leader.

“Buhari also cannot be advised. That is legendary. He believes in himself only. So if before ascending to power, he is unapproachable, when he gets power he will just turn into another Pharaoh as nobody has the monopoly of wisdom and no man is indispensable.”
From: http://nigerians4change.com/2014/10/21/withdraw-from-presidential-race-now-sheikh-gumi-warns-buhari/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by morefire: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
i reserve my space waiting for them to start another
PDP APC debate or
North vs South or
Christian VS Muslim

Opinionated mofos

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by modestdude(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Send confusion in their camp O Lord, like that of the tower of Babel.

20 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by saintikechi(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by EmmanuelDon7(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
Gbam!!

7 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by john403: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
PDP sponsored post again

6 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Schematics: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
I have always noted that voting Buhari into power is tantamount to voting Shekau and his gang into power..

Buhari can pass for a leader in the stone age not in the 21st century..

Buhari should give it up because he will definitely fail in 2015 if he contest I can stake my house and cars on that.. cool

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by davitogreat(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
With all of Jonathan's faults, he is still a far better candidate than Buhari.

If APC is truly a progressive party then fashola must be their candidate.

17 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by gtrust: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
davitogreat:

Fashola is TOO YOUNG according to APC
Amaechi is TOO YOUNG according to APC

All these TOO YOUNG people are ONLY suitable for Vice President...according to APC

21 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by SporaD8: 4:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
hmmm! That this is coming from a renowned Islamic cleric makes it even more interesting.
Under normal circumstance, both Buhari and Jonathan have no business in Aso-Rock! They both are nothing but stumbling block for worthy potential players.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by mainheart(m): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
the candidate for APC Fashola/ one popular Christian from the north
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Kennyfancy(m): 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Goddex: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
[size=13pt]“Buhari also cannot be advised. He believes in himself only. So if before ascending to power, he is unapproachable, when he gets power he will just turn into another Pharaoh as nobody has the monopoly of wisdom and no man is indispensable.”[/size] - Sheikh Gumi

This sheikh seems to know Buhari inside out

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Karismatik(f): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
KaiMallam:
Ever since making his declaration to run for the presidential elections in 2015, General Muhammadu Buhari has come under fire from some Nigerians who see his candidature as one that would further polarize the country along religious and ethnic lines.

Professor Wole Soyinka, Nigeria’s literary icon, had, in the past, warned Buhari against putting himself up for election into the presidential office in an article he wrote titled The Crimes of Buhari’.

One of such notable persons that has joined the fray of those asking Buhari to rethink his decision to vie for presidential office is Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, a popular Islamic cleric. The Sheikh had asked Buhari what it was that he did not do at the time he was a military head of state that he now wants to complete.

Gumi noted that Buhari’s candidature is one that portends trouble for the country given his open support for Shari’a, a topical issue that is attractive only in the north. He noted that Buhari had, in the past, suggested the idea of expanding the implementation of Shari’a, which could jeopardize the religious freedom of Nigerians and further put the country into restiveness.

“The APC should field any other candidate other than Buhari. His time has expired. The natural thing to do when there is an allergic reaction is to avoid the allergens. Buhari is an allergen to Christians. Can’t we be treated with non-allergens?”

Sheikh Gumi further noted that Buhari’s rigid personality and inability to entertain advise from those around him is not the hallmark of a good leader.

“Buhari also cannot be advised. That is legendary. He believes in himself only. So if before ascending to power, he is unapproachable, when he gets power he will just turn into another Pharaoh as nobody has the monopoly of wisdom and no man is indispensable.”
From: http://nigerians4change.com/2014/10/21/withdraw-from-presidential-race-now-sheikh-gumi-warns-buhari/
For the first time, I am on thesame page with this guy.
Let someone tell Buhari that he has lost his political goodwill and hence, he call never win any election in Nigeria again.
APC will only be asking for more innocent blood when he (Buhari) looses, come 2015. ApC must have mercy on vulnerable Nigerians.

12 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by brownlord: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
KaiMallam:
Gumi noted that Buhari’s candidature is one that portends trouble for the country given his open support for Shari’a, a topical issue that is attractive only in the north. He noted that Buhari had, in the past, suggested the idea of expanding the implementation of Shari’a, which could jeopardize the religious freedom of Nigerians and further put the country into restiveness./

He said some days ago, buhari popularity is as a result of his support for sharia and nothing more.

My question to APC, are they saying Fashola who they are praise as the best governor and technocrat is nor worthy of this ticket? PDP brought Yar dua and Goodluck two governors to win election, what stop APC from doing same instead of living us with two useless option ( Buhari and GEJ ) we now have to choose between a rock and a hard place

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
davitogreat:

Tell them

4 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
Very valid point from d sheikh.. Buhari holds d weapon to causing problems in dis nation..if he loses again,all hell wuld be let lose 1ce again

4 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Karismatik(f): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
mainheart:
the candidate for APC Fashola/ one popular Christian from the north
Should APC do this, then the election is won already cos I will personally make sure every aged member of my family vote him. But Buhari. .
That is a BIG NO.

8 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by noblealuu: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
There are some elements of objectivity in dis Sheik's assertions. My intensified prayers since the inception of the brouhaha for the forth coming elections hv always been let God's will be done. '' For I know the thoughts I think towards u, says the LORD, a thought of peace and nt of evil to give u an expected end''. that expected end is to hv a country where peace and justice reign. Yes, peace in the northern n southern hemispheres. Peace amongst xtians and muslims.

How long shall we leave in nightmare as bona fide citizens of Nigeria?!

I dnt care whoever occupies the no one sit of power come 2015 as far as the person will be embraced by both xtians and muslims, Hausa Ibo n Yoruba.

A leader who will promote national unity and cohesion withouth imposition of self-conceited will on another religion viz avis delivering the dividends of democracy 2 d populace is wat I personally yearn for.

Oh Prince of Peace reign peace upon our land! Yes, the heart of a king is in d hands of God. May Go touch the hearts of our political kings to always remember that they aren't gonna take any of the ill-gotten effects outa dis earth.

May God help us!

4 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by mainheart(m): 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
Karismatik:

Should APC do this, then the election is won already cos I will personally make sure every aged member of my family vote him. But Buhari. .
That is a BIG NO.
u are 100% right

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by experimentist: 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
Is Sheik Gumi now a TANdroid os 6 or 7?
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Buhari can't be advised? Really, Buhari believes in himself alone? Yet his former vice idiagbon is the most active vice president ever in the history of Nigeria till date. Where these nonsense coming from?

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by iluvnaija: 5:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
For those undecided voters watch this unbiased with verifiable facts about the top 3 candidates running for president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuORqAQ4j_o
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Lawalemi(m): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ghana Must Go is talking
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Pls can anyone post saharareporters.com details on this
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by A7(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Obiagelli:
Buhari can't be advised? Really, Buhari believes in himself alone? Yet his former vice idiagbon is the most active vice president ever in the history of Nigeria till date. Where these nonsense coming from?

Read the below article if you missed it, sheikh Gumi ask both Gmb and Dumbo to drop their ambitions so as to prevent distress of any kind next year.

http://www.saharareporters.com/2014/10/18/second-round-goodluck-vs-buhari-source-apprehension-dr-ahmad-gumi

Whoever has the time shall please paste the full article.
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Omimah: 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
gtrust:

Fashola is TOO YOUNG according to APC
Amaechi is TOO YOUNG according to APC

All these TOO YOUNG people are ONLY suitable for Vice President...according to APC
Give me the link where APC said those men are "too young."
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by brownlord: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
Obiagelli:

Idiagbon was active because the oga was dumbo, can we now say idiagbon was behind those policy for which buhari iss been glorified?

11 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
brownlord:

Idiagbon was active because the oga was dumbo, can we now say idiagbon was behind those policy for which buhari iss been glorified?
Now buhari is a dumbo, tell that to gumi. Btw why are u quoting a shameless liar
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
Gumi is entitle to his opinion
Nigerians will vote according to their own opinion of each candidate
Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by gtrust: 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
Omimah:

Give me the link where APC said those men are "too young."

See me, see wahala oh!
Very soon you will ask me: "show me General Buhari's Birth certificate as evidence that he is 73 years old"

6 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Presidential Race Now! Sheikh Gumi Warns Buhari by LORDI(m): 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
GEJ till 2019.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Members Spoted On UN, AU and Trump Facebook Page Beging For Help / BREAKING: We Have A Deal With APC- Wike / Rhodes Vivour Family Are Sierra Leonians Not Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.