Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

"Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? (32607 Views)

Required Atf Needed For Servicing The Gearbox Of Toyota Venza 2010 Model / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Ikenna351(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
pak: @Ikenna,
I was quite surprised when you cautioned against the use of fuel injector cleaners. All along I've been told its a good practice to at least do so once a month so much so that I actually have a 'reserve' bottle in my car all the time.

First off, I travel a lot and I start to panic when my car passes the half tank line so I don't think I ever driven my car on reserve tank, not even during fuel scarcity.

two, I only use one type of injector cleaner, can't remember the name but its green in colour and I make sure I buy from NNPC mega station (in Jos) to avoid being sold fakes.

three, my fixation for that type of injector cleaner came over a year ago when I used the cleaner after buying a full tank. Believe me bro, I immediately noticed significant gains in fuel consumption and I wasn't just imagining things, I actually have a scan gauge fixed in my car that monitors fuel consumption in Km/ltrs for every trip. Right now, I have purchased a total fuel injector cleaner to be used on my next refill (since I can't get my preffered choice).

Also, many of the sites I checked actually recommend periodic use of fuel injector cleaners like the one below
http://fuelinjectorcleaninginfo.com/

Please will you care to shed more light on your stance for the education of forum memebers

It appears it you didnt undesrstand my ealier posts here. I said, do not buy and pour in anything that has "injector cleaner" stamped on the label. I never said dont ever use injector cleaner.

Most of the injector cleaner you see in car parts shops and some filling stations are mere chemicals mixed together to destroy people's vehicles. There is a popular brand i do not want to mention its name, but what is inside is just some colours and stuffs that will try to clean off dirt, but will after create more issues. There are so many of them out there. Some have good reputable brand names, but they never came from those companies. You should understand me now.

My point is, if I want to buy TOTAL fuel system cleaner, i will visit any of their stations and buy it from there. I wont buy any brand that is not Total in that station, neither will i will buy the Total fuel system cleaner from the market or car parts shop, because what may (most times "is"wink, not be from TOTAL. TOTAL will not sell you a product of theirs in their station that will bring bad name to them and kill their business. But if you buy another brand from TOTAL station which is not theirs, you are on your own. Workers or managers of some filling stations bring in their goods like the injector cleaner to sell to customers when their company own goes out of stock. Some will even advice you to buy the one without their company's name, even when the company one is available, staring back at you as you are refilling your tank at the pump. Been there.

Even in US, a lot injector cleaners that dont work are their in their market. Techron is of the best so far acknowledge to be safe to use and will do a thorough job. From reviews, others were reported to clean the injectors, but would cause more havoc after. Techron might not be the only good one out there, you will just have to find them.

I dont see how your injectors will get clogged when dirts are not getting there. Thats the work of fuel filter. Yes, an injector cleaner will decarbonise your combustion chambers, only if its a good one.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by felixboye1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
My car will not start until 3 trials. D mechanic said I neet 2 service d injector noozle & also change air filter. Is it tru?
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Adurangba(f): 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
an average auto driver like me dont understand all this big big grammar and definitions or part what knots. Come down to our level. Someone said there is nothing like an injector nozzle but then defines those things as injectors with nozzles inside them. so, why are they not injector nozzles then? Pleazzzeeee come down to our level. If I take my car to the mecho, and he says he needs to clean my injector nozzles, should i then begin to argue with him when I aint no mecho? Break it down for us in plain language which is how the Naija mecho communicates to their clients.

Why do we still have to call it Injector nozzle?

The name of the component is Fuel Injector, not nozzle. It has tiny nozzle inside via which fuel sprays into the combustion chambers. To the best of my knowledge, there is no component in EFI car engine bay called Nozzle or Injector nozzle.

1 Like

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by ldpele(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
@siena am so sori for comin across d thread late,but i rili need ua help, i got this diagonsing machine(ads 1;automatic diagnosing scanner) from the US,bt have been unable to use it,my friend that helpd me secure it has told me he used it over there,and i av made contact with the makers of it severaly. what the chinese guy is suggest is i use a VISTA processing system,that window 7 which am currently using znt compactable wit the operating software of my scanner. we cn mke do wit this email if u oblige. akasat@live.com. wil rili appreciate
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by newmaonza: 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
OAM4J:

I agree with you.

From my experiences when in Nigeria; standard, well equipped auto shops with qualified Technicians are badly needed everywhere in Nigeria. Imagine the number of customers Sienna will get from badly treated Nairaland members alone.

Seriously Sienna, give it a serious thought, save a lot of these people from throwing money away. Most of these mechanics only do trial by error at the expense of the car owners.
Bros can u pay Well equipped Auto-Shops with qualified Technician cost a Lot & when the bills come CAN U REALLY PAY OR WILL U MANAGE BABA MUYIDIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by eleven(m): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ikenna351:

So much waste of money!

IAC ( Idle Air Control Valve) are not usually replaced. Cleaning it with carb cleaner would bring back to life.

Oil residue from crankcase, via oil filler cap or cylinder head, would always accumulate in the IAC. After a long time, the oil residue will make the valve inside the IAC to become sticky. Thats why the car would stall immediately deacceletate or apply brake, since the solenoid is no longer supplying enough air into the intake manifold, to maintain the idle or the load added to the engine like A/C. The valve inside the IAC would close and stopped air from passing through the IAC to the intake manifold, when you are accelerating. But as soon as you de-accelerate (stop accelerating), the valve would find it difficult to open because the oil residue will make it sticky. So the engine will lack air and goes off. The IAC knows when the car is accelerating via the work of TPS (Throttle Position sensor).

So, that clown should have cleaned the IAC with carb cleaner, allow it to dry, lubricate the valve inside, before re-installing it on the engine. Thats how i clean mine, and never had to replace it.

The problem with your vehicle could be IAC or other related components that would give such symptom when faulty, like MAF, leaky vacuum lines, etc. But did the clown checked to know why the IAC is clogging at that small space of time?

I would advice you run a scan.

Ikenna.

Thank you very much Ikenna. To be fair to the current rewire handling the car, he actually did clean the IACV same way as you mentioned. He dismantled it, sprayed it with carb cleaner and lubricated with brake Fluid and coupled it back in my presence.

I have scanned the car, unfortunately I can't remember the result again but when the car was scanned, the noozles were thoroughly cleaned and serviced with cleaners with the above IACV procedure, only for the problem to reoccur again 2 days after prompting the fuel pump and fuel tank cleaning which was concluded today.

I need to also mention that the rewire did the fuel pump change and fuel tank cleaning at his own cost with an agreement that if it doesn't stall again in one week I will reimburse him everything.

I will test drive throughout this week and update you on my findings. Thanks for your time. Appreciate.
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by pak: 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
ldpele: @siena am so sori for comin across d thread late,but i rili need ua help, i got this diagonsing machine(ads 1;automatic diagnosing scanner) from the US,bt have been unable to use it,my friend that helpd me secure it has told me he used it over there,and i av made contact with the makers of it severaly. what the chinese guy is suggest is i use a VISTA processing system,that window 7 which am currently using znt compactable wit the operating software of my scanner. we cn mke do wit this email if u oblige. akasat@live.com. wil rili appreciate

Bros, using diagnostic machine is not rocket science. You didn't actually state what problem you are having. Are you trying to use an OBD II device on a non compliant car or the reverse.
What's the issue you are having with operating system and all this what's not.
Have you successfully plugged the device in your OBD 2 port, have you been able to take any readings ?

Maybe when you let us know what exactly the problem is then it will be easier to assist.
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Ikenna351(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Adura_ngba: an average auto driver like me dont understand all this big big grammar and definitions or part what knots. Come down to our level. Someone said there is nothing like an injector nozzle but then defines those things as injectors with nozzles inside them. so, why are they not injector nozzles then? Pleazzzeeee come down to our level. If I take my car to the mecho, and he says he needs to clean my injector nozzles, should i then begin to argue with him when I aint no mecho? Break it down for us in plain language which is how the Naija mecho communicates to their clients.

Why do we still have to call it Injector nozzle?

The name of the component is Fuel Injector, not nozzle. It has tiny nozzle inside via which fuel sprays into the combustion chambers. To the best of my knowledge, there is no component in EFI car engine bay called Nozzle or Injector nozzle.

Na wa o! I don hear am today!

Let me try again.

The component on the engine called Fuel Injector, your mecho /clown or Nigerian mechanic calls it Nozzles. It is on this thread that i realised that they have upgraded it to injector nozzles, which is not even close. I will explain.

Again, the component on the engine called Throttle body, your Nigerian mechanic calls it Injector. When you open your bonnet, you will see something that looks like a cylinder, the tube from AirFilter box connects to it. The throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold, likewise the injectors. Let me not confuse you more. Will leave it at that.

Now, the new name "injector nozzles" means: the nozzles of the injector or the nozzles on the injector. What they mean is " the injectors of the throttle body or the injectors on the throttle body". Unfortunately, the injectors are not mounted on the throttle body (except the cold start injector), they are mounted on intake manifold, the same way throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold. Each of the components does its own work, though dependent on each other to make the engine run (mixture of air & fuel in intake manifold). That is, injector brings in fuel in intake manifold, while throttle body brings in metered air into the same intake manifold, where the air and fuel now mixes and then goes into the combustion chambers via intake valves.

Now, would you say because the uninformed people call Vulcanizers "Forkniser" and you now call them the same because that is what everyone calls it?

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by pak: 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ikenna351:

Na wa o! I don here am today!

Let me try again.

The component on the engine called Fuel Injector, your mecho /clown or Nigerian mechanic calls it Nozzles. It is on this thread that i realised that they have upgraded it to injector nozzles, which is not even closed. I will explain.

Again, the component on the engine called Throttle body, your Nigerian mechanic calls it Injector. When you open your bonnet, you will see something that looks like a cylinder, the tube from AirFilter box connects to it. The throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold, likewise the injectors. Let me not confuse you more. Will leave it at that.

Now, the new name "injector nozzles" means: the nozzles of the injector or the nozzles on the injector. What they mean is " the injectors of the throttle body or the injectors on the throttle body". Unfortunately, the injectors are not mounted on the throttle body (except the cold start injector), they are mounted on intake manifold, the same way throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold. Each of the components does it own work, though dependent on each other to make the engine run (mixture of air & fuel in intake manifold). That is, injector brings in fuel in intake manifold, while throttle body brings in metered air into the same intake manifold, where the air and fuel now mixes and then goes into the combustion chambers via intake valve.

Now, would you say because the uninformed people call Vulcanizers "Forkniser" and you call them the same because that is what everyone is calling it?

Ikenna.

Fantastic elucidation.

You really tried bro !
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by adanny01(m): 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Please Siena, come to my aid. Sorry for the intrusion.

www.nairaland.com/1160558/mazda-323f-99-00-wont
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Ogojohn(m): 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
what year of manufacture is a car known to be OBD compliant?
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by pak: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2013
Ogojohn: what year of manufacture is a car known to be OBD compliant?

OBD II compliance started circa '96
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Ogojohn(m): 12:21am On Jan 23, 2013
DOES IT MEAN THEN THAT THOSE 93 MODEL CARS THAT THROW CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ARE NOT OBD COMPLIANT?
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by pak: 12:56am On Jan 23, 2013
Ogojohn: DOES IT MEAN THEN THAT THOSE 93 MODEL CARS THAT THROW CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ARE NOT OBD COMPLIANT?

pak:

OBD II compliance started circa '96

Note the bolded
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by cardoctor(m): 1:50am On Jan 23, 2013
Petrol vapor deposits left in fuel injector nozzles after an engine is shut down form hard varnish. Over time it can build up and clog the injectors. Petrol additives and injector cleaners mixed with the petrol you buy help reduce this problem, but they can’t eliminate it entirely and may end up causing more harm than good. Injectors periodically need to be cleaned. Some mechanics recommend cleaning the injectors every 25,000 to 30,000 kilometers due to so much bad fuel being imported into the country unchecked. To keep the injectors operating at peak efficiency, some mechanics or fuel pump attendants would recommend adding injector cleaners at every time you need to refuel. I have come across several weird recommendations that include adding brake fluid or paint thinner to the petrol in the tank, pouring camphor (Methyl Salicylate)into the fuel tank, and most recently, piercing several aerosol cans of carburetor and choke cleaners and letting it empty into the fuel tank to mix with the fuel.

A car that has a bad fuel injector will often have a rough engine idle. The fuel injector is responsible for injecting fuel directly into the engine cylinder where it is burned during combustion. If this fuel delivery is compromised, a rough engine idle or severe jerking could result.
A bad fuel injector can develop cracks or breaks around the plastic or rubber seals on its body especially where it connects into the intake manifold. If this happens, fuel can leak out onto the intake manifold, an occurrence that can be both seen and smelt.
Engine misfiring along with a rough idle, is a common symptom of a bad fuel injector. A bad fuel injector can restrict or stop fuel flow from being injected into the engine cylinder properly which can negatively impact fuel combustion and affect engine performance resulting in a rough idle or misfiring.(This could set up emission related fault codes and should be erased after repairs have been carried out)
A faulty fuel injector can cause an irregular or disrupted flow of fuel into the engine, a condition that can cause an engine to surge or alternate between high and low rpm (Revolutions Per Minute) continuously throughout engine operation. This results in a very up-and-down mode of engine operation.
A leaky or malfunctioning fuel injector can adversely affect a car's petrol mileage and would also waste fuel by allowing it to leak out of the fuel injector housing instead of being injected directly into the engine. A malfunctioning fuel injector may also cause too much fuel to be injected into the engine. Both conditions result in excess fuel being wasted, which in turn means poor fuel economy.

Badly clogged injectors may not pass enough solvent during a normal cleaning cycle to be thoroughly cleaned.
You may have to do some additional tests such as checking HC (Hydrocarbon) and CO (Carbon monoxide) levels in your emissions or an injector pressure spray test before and after cleaning to confirm that the injectors responded well enough to your cleaning efforts.

Although this process should ideally be carried out using an ultrasonic injector cleaning machine (which also tests and displays the spray pattern), most mechanics here in Abuja would simply pick up one or two carb and choke cleaner aerosol cans and physically blast off the residual deposits on the nozzle tips.

Strong solvents may damage rubber and plastic components in the fuel pump, injector nozzles, fuel regulator, and fuel lines.
Because of the flammability of the petrol and solvent, there may be fire risks; so be careful as I have also seen and heard of several cars being burnt to ashes as a result of carelessness.

cool
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by AjenaviMark(m): 7:02am On Jan 23, 2013
chibabe3: It is so sad the amount of pain Nigerian car owners go through simply due to ignorance. Most times when a car is not firing well the mechanic will say that the injector needs servicing but the truth is that there are thousnd and one things in a car that will cause the problem. I have fallen victim to this ignorance until my brother sent me a car scanner and I discovered that the Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT) of my car had malfunctioned. Meanwhile I serviced the injector, washed the tank, changed distributor, mass air flow meter, air filter, plugs, fuel filter but the problem persisted. I have now understood that the technology used for these mondern vehicles is far above the understanding of our mechanics. I ADVISE EVERYONE TO GET A SIMPLE SCANNER AND UNDERSTAND THE WORKING PRINCIPLE OF YOUR VEHICLE.
How can one get a "simple scanner" I have asked around my area but no one have any idea.
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Adurangba(f): 7:26am On Jan 23, 2013
Why do you people call these mechanics clowns? very un necessary. clown because they are doing what? Guess you will be ok if someone calls you a black monkey.
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Adurangba(f): 7:29am On Jan 23, 2013
Ikenna351:

Na wa o! I don hear am today!

Let me try again.

The component on the engine called Fuel Injector, your mecho /clown or Nigerian mechanic calls it Nozzles. It is on this thread that i realised that they have upgraded it to injector nozzles, which is not even close. I will explain.

Now, the new name "injector nozzles" means: the nozzles of the injector or the nozzles on the injector. What they mean is " the injectors of the throttle body or the injectors on the throttle body". Unfortunately, the injectors are not mounted on the throttle body (except the cold start injector), they are mounted on intake manifold, the same way throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold. Each of the components does its own work, though dependent on each other to make the engine run (mixture of air & fuel in intake manifold). That is, injector brings in fuel in intake manifold, while throttle body brings in metered air into the same intake manifold, where the air and fuel now mixes and then goes into the combustion chambers via intake valves.

Now, would you say because the uninformed people call Vulcanizers "Forkniser" and you now call them the same because that is what everyone calls it?

Ikenna.

No need for too much. I know what injectors are and I know they have nozzles. Period. So, the name goes. Injector nozzles. Just like you corroborated. The injectors have nozzles. You said injectors have nozzles, so, whats wrong in saying injector nozzles meaning nozzles on or of the injectors? Thats the way people understand it here. So. Let those of us who are not mechanics call it what we understand it to be.

I just googled injector nozzles and bingo it means exactly what you are saying it doesnt mean.

============================================================================
Fuel Injection System Service

Not too long ago, most vehicles used a carburetor to deliver fuel into the engine. Today, almost every car uses fuel injection. Fuel injection cleaning is now a necessary maintenance service required on today’s cars, trucks and SUVs.

When should I consider a Fuel Injection Service?
When your vehicle is hesitating, having trouble starting, achieving poor gas mileage or operating sluggish with poor performance, bring it in so our experts can determine if a Fuel Injection Service will improve its performance.

What does Fuel Injection Service do for my vehicle?
The injectors - particularly the injector nozzles - exist in an environment where tremendous heat is generated. The burning of the fuel leaves hardened carbon deposits on piston valves and fuel injector nozzle heads that interfere with the spray pattern and flow of fuel. At Precision Tune Auto Care, we introduce a liquid cleaning agent into the injection nozzle. This dissolves the carbon deposits and restores proper fuel flow into the combustion chamber.

After this service:

your vehicle can achieve optimum fuel efficiency.
there’s a reduction of toxic emissions.
your car should give you better response and performance.
your engine may last longer.
This service, like all services performed at Precision Tune Auto Care, is advised based on manufacturer’s recommendations, or as needed as determined by our inspection and based on industry standards.

http://www.precisiontune.com/OurServices/FuelInjectionSystemService.aspx
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Siena: Nigerian mechanics must be making a killing, "servicing nozzles". What's the average charge? I think I need to relocate, and change jobs! grin
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Ikenna351(m): 12:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
Adura_ngba: Why do you people call these mechanics clowns? very un necessary. clown because they are doing what? Guess you will be ok if someone calls you a black monkey.

From your post, one could tell that you are just a novice in autos, who refuses to watch and learn. We were all at your state of confusion before we got to were we are now, we the little we have in auto industry. But "Watch and learn" is all you need. Dont argue what you have no clue.

About the clown thing, yes, i call them clown. What about it? I dont know your definition of a clown, but i will tell you mine. A clown, to me, is someone that does silly things to make people laugh. Now, majority of Nigerian mechanics suggest silly things to be done in people's car or carryout those silly things on people's car that can be so funny to me, even though they will end up bringing sorrow to the victims.

*A mechanic that suggest that I remove my v6 engine and swap in I4 fuel carburetted engine, simply because he couldnt troubleshoot and fix an injection issue with the V6 engine, is a Capital big time clown to me.

* A mechanic that removes engine cooling system thermostat, for the engine to run without the thermo, is a clown to me.

* A mechanic that tells you your engine is overheating, when the temp guage is indicating 90 degree celsus, since he believes normal engine temp is O degree celsus, is a clown to me.

* An auto electrician/technician that bypasses all EFI sensors on the engine, just to make the car run at any cost, is a clown to me.

*etc.

I can go on & on, but am not interested in convincing you. To me, clown is an understatement. Go through the front page of Car Talk section and see what people are going through in the hands of those clowns. A colleague of mine who used to drive a Nissan Maxima drove into a mechanic workshop in Abuja city, days later, he had to tow the car out the workshop to another workshop were the abused continued. A car he drove into a workshop couldnt be driven out of the workshop anymore and you want me to call them what? Babies?

Right in front of my house, someone drove into a workshop there with a KIA Rio, a clean one, just to have an issue sorted out. Days later, the owner came to pick his car, after he was repeatedly told it wasnt ready yet, only for him to find out that the engine had knocked. Only God knew what the mechanic did to that engine. I got to know about this because the mechanic sent someone to ask me if i was interested in buying the car without engine at 300k. That was when the story was told.

By the time you become a victim, you may come back here to give them a better name.

About your other post with this Injector nozzle thing. One thing you should know about me is that "I dont believe everything i read", neither do i want you to believe mine. Fixing cars is not some exam hall you enter to impress the examiner. Its not some theories you read up online, believing that what it is. Its a practical thing. Go through my post, whatever you see there are knowledge gathered while working, repairing, troubleshooting or fixing my car myself, over the years. I cant tell you what i read online if i have not carried out the experiment on my car. There are new EFI components introduced in newer cars, which mine dont have. In such cases, i would simply tell i know nothing about them or wont comment. Some of these online articles on auto repairs are contradictory. You will only get to know which of them is true when you do the work yourself.

Are you trying to tell me that once you have those symptoms enumerated in that blog, it must be a fuel injector failure issue? Nne, you still have a long way to go.

Again, you dont just clean the nozzles of the injector, you clean the injector. Nozzle is a part of a fuel injector. The cleaning start from the top till i gets to the bottom where the nozzle is. Are you saying only the tip of the injector, where the nozzle is located, gets clogged? Before fuel gets to that tip (nozzle), it passes small injector filter on top, fuel valve & valve spring, before it gets to the nozzle. Are you saying the filter doesnt clog too? Na wa o! Please, when an injector is giving issues, it has to be cleaned. Spraying carb cleaner on the tiny hole called nozzle doesnt get inside the entire injector. When you want to clean your body or have a bath, do you just clean your feet?

And you still dont get it. The name of the component is fuel injector, but the clowns call them nozzle or injector nozzle. Honestly, if you cant understand the simple English am using, how would you understand Trac's posts? Lol!

Ikenna.

5 Likes

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by FindOut(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
^^^ Excellent response Ikenna. Simply excellent. Very ideal response to who i'll call an Ignorant Sceptic (no malice intended). You were even quite mild with words, I appreciate that. Indeed, let her go to cartalk section page & see for herself what Nigerians are going through.
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by abdulkadir(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Abeg Ikenna dont invite Trac here! He's too "evolved" for dis guy.
i havnt seen his post in a while whre d guy dey?
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
my conclusion

1 it seems that people might be buying fake unregulated fuel there for clogging the injectors though i wonder how a pressurised fuel rail would make a injector just clog like that with pressure it has anyway we might not know the chemicals added to fake fuel

2 mechanics are cheating car owner in servicing the so called nozzle injector, actual name INJECTORS there are not meant for servicing if it is bad just change, it is like trying to service fuel rail regulator

3 stick to one approved fuel brand eg TOTAL RON 98 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Effects_of_octane_rating also you must know the recommended RON rating for your car in doing so you dont just buy fuel from these cheap backyard fuel you wont be saving anything but creating a problem in the future
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Ikenna351(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
abdulkadir: Abeg Ikenna dont invite Trac here! He's too "evolved" for dis guy.
i havnt seen his post in a while whre d guy dey?

Have missed his posts too. Will fetch and drag him back to the section.

Ikenna.
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by ldpele(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
pak:

Bros, using diagnostic machine is not rocket science. You didn't actually state what problem you are having. Are you trying to use an OBD II device on a non compliant car or the reverse.
What's the issue you are having with operating system and all this what's not.
Have you successfully plugged the device in your OBD 2 port, have you been able to take any readings ?

Maybe when you let us know what exactly the problem is then it will be easier to assist.
thanks so much pak,my challenge is not usin the OBD II or other sockets but installing the software on my compaq,window seven. its refusing to install complete,and the software requires constant updating,which it doesnt too. there website is adsscan.com. so,making using of the obd ii isnt yet coming to play cos the software hasnt been properly installd,if u cn write me,ama send u pixs of the scannr commands that pops up when i try using it
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
ldpele: thanks so much pak,my challenge is not usin the OBD II or other sockets but installing the software on my compaq,window seven. its refusing to install complete,and the software requires constant updating,which it doesnt too. there website is adsscan.com. so,making using of the obd ii isnt yet coming to play cos the software hasnt been properly installd,if u cn write me,ama send u pixs of the scannr commands that pops up when i try using it

you made one mistake of buying it as a software you should have bought it has stand alone machine

Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
xcuse me 4 derailing a bit... but I have a question for experts on this particular water fueling post. I will like to know your views about the poster's claims.
https://www.nairaland.com/1158427/drive-car-using-water-fuel
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by Sequoia(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2013
chibabe3: It is so sad the amount of pain Nigerian car owners go through simply due to ignorance. Most times when a car is not firing well the mechanic will say that the injector needs servicing but the truth is that there are thousnd and one things in a car that will cause the problem. I have fallen victim to this ignorance until my brother sent me a car scanner and I discovered that the Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT) of my car had malfunctioned. Meanwhile I serviced the injector, washed the tank, changed distributor, mass air flow meter, air filter, plugs, fuel filter but the problem persisted. I have now understood that the technology used for these mondern vehicles is far above the understanding of our mechanics. I ADVISE EVERYONE TO GET A SIMPLE SCANNER AND UNDERSTAND THE WORKING PRINCIPLE OF YOUR VEHICLE.

Which scanner did you get and how much did it cost?
Re: "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? by cretin: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2013
i came across a post on a car forum where some1 had water in his fuel system n this got to the injectors n damaged them...the theory being being that petrol cools n lubricates the injectors, unlike water wch does the opposite. in the forum they recommeneded outright change of the injector after having water in ur fuel tank n notice poor performance of the car afterwards...can auto gururs shed more light on this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Supercars From Countries You Wouldn’t Expect (photos) / The 1936 Bugatti Type 57sc: Is This The Most Beautiful Car In The World? / Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.