Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. (815 Views)

I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by pgiddy(m): 1:03am On Jan 20, 2013
“No Nation Can Fight Islam And Succeed” (Sheik Gumi)

Islamic cleric Sheik Ahmad Mahmoud Gumi has raised an opposing view to the decision by the Nigerian government to send troops to fight on the side of France against so-called “Islamic terrorists” in Mali.
In a post on his website, the cleric argued that there was no justifiable reason to send troops.
He wrote:
“Today Nigerian troops are committed in Mali to fight ‘Islamic terrorists’ without intellectually looking at the repercussion of such an adventure. We all know that the ‘War against terror’ which Islam also fights can easily be turned into war against Islam. There is a thin line between the two. And if caution is not taken, the situation can seriously be dangerous for the nation and more so for the government.
“One thing is very clear. No nation on earth can fight Islam and succeed. A Russian General was interviewed just before the illegal Bush Jr's attack on Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein and he urged Bush to tap into Russia's experiences in Afghanistan. The General said: “I advise the US not to attack Iraq, because if it does that, then it will be fighting the whole Muslim community and whoever fights the whole Muslim community will not succeed”.
"When I heard those words, I was amused. First I knew that Saddam Hussein was not a favorite of many Muslims, I therefore wondered who will fight for him if Iraq is attacked. Secondly, what weapons do the Muslims have that the superpowers cannot defeat in warfare?
“I now see what he means. The Soviet Union fought the Mujahideen for almost 13 years in Afghanistan and ended up disintegrated. Now, the USA is facing a similar challenge that made the Soviet Union unmanageable and finally fall. The USA has been a free country where money flows in and out, where business flourishes with little hindrance. But the moment Bush lied and tried to attack Iraq, a sovereign nation, all the Muslim states - even those that are moderate – were frightened by his recklessness.
“Americans were also frightened of a possible backlash from such an adventure, inflaming an already volatile situation. The end result has been stringent monitoring and restriction of the flow of money in and out of the country. A self-imposed umbilical stenosis, a self-imposed strangulation. Nobody will again trust the USA, therefore people now prefer Asia for their business, medical care and even education.
“All this was started by an idiot who caused untold hardship for his citizens and others alike. Today, Bush Jr and his defense secretary ‘Hamana’ Rumsfeld are nonentities even in their own country. They are not respected and they will forever be tormented with the sights of so many American youth that were maimed and had limbs amputated from the deceptive war against ‘terror’ they manipulated.
“As for Nigeria, we can see a parallel when  in the late 60’s Maj. Nzeogwu assassinated the Northern premier and the Biafran War ensued. Ojukwu, in his declaration of war,said bluntly that he was fighting Islam and the menace of Arabs which he claimed. The end results were that he destroyed lives, went into exile and to date Biafra ceases to exist except of course in the mind of its proponents.
“And worse still for him, Islam has reached the shores of the Delta. This brief description of a chain of events should be a clear counsel to people leading Nigeria today; no one can fight Islam or the Muslims and succeed. It is futile to attempt it. They will only destroy their own lives and cause untold hardship to others. They will be cursed not only by people they injured but by their own people as Bush Jr is regarded now in America. Therefore if the government has such plans or are deceived by some Islamaphobes in their circles they should reverse their policies immediately.
“There is no border sharing between Nigeria and Mali. There is Niger republic, Burkina Faso and Togo in between. All these nations did not report terrorism and yet suddenly we read in the news that ‘the Army Chief of Staff (COAS) Azubuike Ihejirika, who did not offer evidence, claimed that terrorists trained in Mali had already arrived on Nigerian shores.
“If what he said is true, then Nigeria is unnecessarily plunging itself into a War that will have a grievous consequence on our security without any foreseen benefit.
"Let us encourage the Malians to tackle their insurgency peacefully, and not by taking sides. If however, the SS&SE (COAS) wants to use the volatile situation to build on what his predecessor Azazi implanted, then we leave him to posterity. Time will tell. All we do is to urge Muslims to be calm, prayerful and watchful.”. This dude should just be arrested on time before he forms another terrorist group in Nigeria,after the sure fall of BH,cos I can see BH falling.
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by ektbear: 1:38am On Jan 20, 2013
May the Islamists be crushed by the West.
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by fergusen: 2:22am On Jan 20, 2013
undecided
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by Burger01(m): 3:58am On Jan 20, 2013
This mallam is just seeking for cheap popularity... Was Iraq not defeated? They sit in their houses and talk from safe distance..why dont they get directly involved in the wars rather than just giving false hopes... Evil people.
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 20, 2013
This man is a fool.

I think it is hi time that some one should start monitoring his actions.

I mean he is gradually turning himself into another African Osama Bin Laden.
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by bankyblue(m): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2013
We all know that the ‘War against terror’ which Islam also fights can easily be turned into war against Islam. There is a thin line between the two. And if caution is not taken, the situation can seriously be dangerous for the nation and more so for the government

Why can't islam stay very far from terrorist? Why should it be a thin
Line btw then? This man should be on the top watch Oº°˚ ˚°º , because is
Making us to understand that he can easily jump the line and become a
Terror in this country.....JTF do something! A shot at the head won't
Be a bad idea Oº°˚ ˚°º .
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by malele(m): 6:25am On Jan 20, 2013
We do suffer for 9ja
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2013
ekt_bear: May the Islamists be crushed by the West.
pls what is the difference between islamist and moslem?are they not one and thesame?
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by kheart(m): 8:13am On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm dis nl sef nawa oh, so person fit just sidon write ru....b....bi....sh for here witout backin it?
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners. by AustineE1: 11:42am On Jan 20, 2013
Isnt it an indictment on islam,'that there is a thin line btw islam and terrorism',the sheiks who understand the koran very well,are making the job easier by associating it with terrorism!From every thing the sheik said,i now realise that radical islamism as prophesed by Gumi is the bane of the muslim world.So people like Gumi ably supports the genocide going on in Mali,carried out by islamists against fellow muslims,all in the name of Allah!the cry and pain of the innocent muslim women,children and the aged dying every day in mali,will never let people like Sheik Gumi and his cohorts in radical extremism ever know peace,there end will be worst than those innocent blood sacrifised in the alter of radical islamism!BTW we of the SE & SS have choosen our destiny,we know where we belong and at the appropriate time things will definatly shape up,we do nt see the Nigerian state as one,we view it as a forced fusion of divergent groups and on such platform we may never explore our God giving ability to the fullest!we know sooner than later we will get to our destinatn,so that they radical sheiks of the north can go ahead and talibanize it on the blood of the innocent!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On My Assignment...... Plz Need Some Opinion On This Question.... / Boko Haram: President Visits Borno, Yobe Today / Thank You Your Excellency ............. Senator Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.