Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects (7375 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / Wike Cheered By The Crowd As He Embarked On Road Inspection Tour (photos) / Fashola Begins Enquiry Into Power Sector Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by londoner: 6:34am On Jan 21, 2013
This is good news....but to be honest other states/places in Nigeria are also recording their own movement.

That should make every Nigerian happy.....it should no longer be .....I'm only happy when its in my region/state/tribes land.

It is good that all over Nigeria there is progress being made.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
But, you know say we don commission 1875-steam powered, 2km/hr metro line connecting Lagos to Kano. grin grin

Lmao grin
Don't forget that GEJ also beautified the University Of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC) cheesy
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by IleIfe2(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2013
dayokanu: Since the bad belle people have fled let me encourage them a little by criticising

1- WHy is fashola wasting money on these project instead of hiring Tompolo, Dokubo etc to come and chop

2- Why is he building 10 stories and not 100 stories like his mates in ABia are doing

3- He cant even "empower" lagosians by appointing Special adviser on Kano affairs #Rochasthings

4- Instead of building useless structures tat dont affect peoples lifes why cant he use 10billion to demolish rocks at the airport #Uduaghantins

5- He cant even build an airport in every Local Govt like Retardeen promised in every state

6- Building Roads kwanu? The roads we have is more than enough Spend more money of feeding allowance

Lagosians prefer PDP we dont want all these useless projects we want Papa deceive Pikin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Delafruita(m): 9:02am On Jan 21, 2013
CFCfan:

Lmao grin
Don't forget that GEJ also beautified the University Of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC) cheesy
and he complained about the police college
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by fkaz(m): 10:27am On Jan 21, 2013
Nice one, This is what you get when you have an intellectual as a leader.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2013
we agree he's doing well. but when will we grow up to understand that someone is doing well doesnt mean another is doing badly. i really dont know the yardstick for comparing Fashola and GEJ. one is a 'president' (Fashola) of Lagos and another is an 'Emperor' (GEJ) so they've got different tasks to handle
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ceejayluv(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2013
braine: Lagos will always move forward. No matter what those critics or those who want to take over the government say!

All Lagos haters should be ignored. They have nothing to say.
Paranoia??
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by rooftech: 10:39am On Jan 21, 2013
Fashola attend to ejigbo to idimu road ,its the worst thing to happen in lagos.the road is so terrible.at least the contractor should stop carting away the red laterite from the road.he should grade it while doing the drainage of which he has only done 500meters on one lane since last year. Thank you
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by gen2briz(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2013
Small time now some people will start asking that between fashola and mimiko who try pass.... Ride uncle Raji
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by lacasa: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2013
Lagos is lucky to have Fashola as aa leader, heard Ajimobi is making efforts as well & Aaregbesola intensifying efforts on electricity generation & Oshiomole holding Edo down as well.

Well, hate or luv Tinibu, u just cnt doubt his progressive governors cos if not for him, PDP will have bn running riot eating,n looting like ηo man's business.

Add Tinubu's wherewithal to Buhari's anti-corruption persona & tinz will surely be better for Nigeria esp if u look back at how bad tins αve gotten

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Olalekan0(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2013
ba7man: Did u see the size of that market??....What of that housing estate?? Do u know how many housing estates like that he's constructed and are already sold out?? I enquired on purchasing and was told to hold out for ones under construction. Pls point out projects of that scale....or just that rail/6lane expressway under construction in Oil producing states that receive more to cater for less people. Produce pix evidence or hold you peace.
In case you didn't know,Fashola receives way more than 20B per month and while the south-southern states receives more allocation than Lagos,their IGR is lesser than Lagos,thus Lagos state eventually has more money than any oil producing state at the end of the month when they sum up all available funds
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ikeyman00(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2013
@@@@

i think a lot more needed to be done

the truth must live
!

with all that money Fashola better wake up if he wish

no long thing

at least one thing certain em he can view my comment in his office cool

he doesnt need miidle man? like the agberos we got right here in nl
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ypzilanti: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2013
Sometimes I wonder what a conversation between GEJ and Fashola will sound like.

Anyways, both politicians are products of a faulty political system of godfatherism. They were both unknown quantities brought to the fore by heavy pocketed godfathers. In Fashola's case, Lagos was lucky to get an action oriented and efficient administrator. In Nigeria's case, we got an ill prepared, bumbling and stumbling guy who may have good intentions but is too beholden to the entrenched interests, and without the force of character to push through reforms.

I have always said that corruption is not Nigeria's problem. Despite the corruption in Akwa Ibom and Lagos, work is on-going. Good old fashioned corruption of contract inflation, and percentage kickbacks exist everywhere in the world. It is greed and wickedness that is Nigeria's problem.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ypzilanti: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2013
lacasa: Lagos is lucky to have Fashola as aa leader, heard Ajimobi is making efforts as well & Aaregbesola intensifying efforts on electricity generation & Oshiomole holding Edo down as well.

Well, hate or luv Tinibu, u just cnt doubt his progressive governors cos if not for him, PDP will have bn running riot eating,n looting like ηo man's business.

Add Tinubu's wherewithal to Buhari's anti-corruption persona & tinz will surely be better for Nigeria esp if u look back at how bad tins αve gotten

Tinubu is a mafia lord making percentage kickbacks from all the contracts on-going in the ACN controlled states. Corruption is however not the problem. World over, except in advanced democracies, political parties fund their coffers by illegal percentage mark ups on contracts. The difference is that in Nigeria the contracts are never completed, or are done shabbily. The so-called performing governors in Nigeria, have just done the 'right' thing: let your proxies take your percentage, but make sure the job is done...and done very well. Nigerians don't care so long as serious work is being done.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by OmerianConsult: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2013
Nice. I only pray he gets a successor who will continue in his steps.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by vanstanzy(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2013
That's exactly what its supposed to be. See, "ACCOUNTABILITY AT WORK!"

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by dayokanu(m): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2013
Olalekan 0: In case you didn't know,Fashola receives way more than 20B per month and while the south-southern states receives more allocation than Lagos,their IGR is lesser than Lagos,thus Lagos state eventually has more money than any oil producing state at the end of the month when they sum up all available funds

And have you bothered to compare the population of Lagos with that of the South-South states
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by vanstanzy(m): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Is this guy laughing or crying? Yep! he crying for sure. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by llljoseph1(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2013
It’s sad to see our politicians especially a state governors always on social network promoting works local government suppose to be doing. When are we going to grow up and stop accepting mediocre?
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2013
All these POPPING OF CHAMPAGNE for "inspection" of ongoing projects? What will now happen when Fashola COMMISSIONS a project? I guess heavens will fall. Smh!

This propaganda is unprecedented.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by bigpastor(m): 11:36am On Jan 21, 2013
Is this not Nigeria's next president??
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by kofomii: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2013
DONT FORGET TO INSPECT JAKANDE-ISHERI-IJEGUN ROAD CONSTRUCTION
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by princemolak(m): 11:48am On Jan 21, 2013
Wats d work of dos in the ministry,em don finish hs oficial duties http://efiweblog.info/2013/01/how-to-make-money-online-with-google.html
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by AZeD1(m): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these POPPING OF CHAMPAGNE for "inspection" of ongoing projects? What will now happen when Fashola COMMISSIONS a project?

Dude you are the king of propaganda.

Anyway i think all this calling of people haters because they don't support your views is taking us no where except you are paid laptop member.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ypzilanti: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these POPPING OF CHAMPAGNE for "inspection" of ongoing projects? What will now happen when Fashola COMMISSIONS a project?

It's all politics. Governors inspect projects that they already know have been substantially worked on. They take press men along to snap and film so as to generate goodwill towards the government.

But it is good to generate awareness that government is working. A least so as to counter people like you who say nothing is going on despite of the protests of we who live in Lagos and see the gradual progress going on. The man is an efficient and action oriented governor. It's very hard to fault Fashola. Very very hard. You have your salary to earn, though.

GEJ should please go and inspect the East-West road...or is he waiting for channels television to do another documentary?
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
A-ZeD:

Dude you are the king of propaganda.

Anyway i think all this calling of people haters because they don't support your views is taking us no where except you are paid laptop member.
I heard his real name is Ifeanyi. Sounds so much better than "Sincere Nigerian".
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by arabaribiti(m): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
no project is going on at alimosho local govt come to liasu road half of the road is done leaving the other half but i really love the company handling the college road ogba they are fast and doing a very good job
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ypzilanti: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
big pastor: Is this not Nigeria's next president??

In a sane country, the answer would be 'yes'. In Nigeria,not at all. Poor educated, half educated, ethnicists, tribalists, religious bigots, status quoists, and fools make up about 60 percent of the population. That's a very good majority of the citizens.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by teskyg: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
BRB
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by sesanrota(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Your are still the one that will ask for accountabilty....so for him to do inspection on projects shows an appraisal of work onging and those nearing completion

Your own propaganda knows no bound and everyone on nairaland already knows your intent... well for those of us not as blind as you, seeing is believing they say, you are free to believe what you want.

Sincere 9gerian: All these POPPING OF CHAMPAGNE for "inspection" of ongoing projects? What will now happen when Fashola COMMISSIONS a project? I guess heavens will fall. Smh!

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by naptu2: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
I believe in democracy and rule of law, but I really wish I could strangle the people who took LASG to court over the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge.

The bridge is READY! It's been ready since christmas! But it hasn't been commissioned because of the court case.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by teskyg: 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
In the land of the blind,one eye man is the king.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bishop Oyedepo N650 Million Road Construction Vs Federal Government! / How Come Herdsmen Don't Attack these states / Independence Day: Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Be Optimistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.