Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects (7376 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / Wike Cheered By The Crowd As He Embarked On Road Inspection Tour (photos) / Fashola Begins Enquiry Into Power Sector Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by olawaletaiwo(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
Demdem: Leaders that are highly focus and have the interest of the people at heart are easily known and appreciated. Among his peers, retardeen inclusive, Fashola leads the pack no doubt.

fashola!.. Baba ogbon...Baba Eko..
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by slimfit1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Abagworo: IMHO if this is all he achieved with 20billion Naira per month, I pity you all in Lagos.

Young man are you good a maths at all ? Do you see the budget and I know you are going to say is working only for the elite but how are you going to create jobs if you are working for poor people. Is it rich people that will clean the roads or poor people care about the cleanlyNess of there roads no so think deeply before you reply.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by OAM4J: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
So proud of my Governor.

This is when 3rd term agenda make sense. But then, I believe there are many as good as Fashola that will continue the good work come 2015.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Demdem(m): 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
OAM4J: So proud of my Governor.

This is when 3rd term agenda make sense. But then, I believe there are many as good as Fashola that will continue the good work come 2015.

believe me, if i had known what the future had in stock for us as a nation, i would have fought for OBJ's third term dream with my blood.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Paentera(m): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

Hate, bad bele, tribalism...

It's sometimes hard for many of them to swallow seeing Lagos state constantly moving ahead and leaving them behind while their own states stagnate to the curb.

I know we joke around all the time, but for for some reason, I really feel sorry for them.

I think it also defies their long and incorrect notion that Lagos was built by the FG such that since the party controlling the centre since 1999 has never been the same with that in Lagos so it baffles them how to explain that Lagos de Curamo a bustling metropole for decades prior to been made a colony in 1897 or being made the capital of Nigeria at independence in 1960 remains the most advanced Nigerian city.

Their argument is that Lagos had no reasonable development until the government at the centre in Nigeria got involved therefore it marvels them that since this same government has not been involved in the affairs of governance since 1999, it must mean some other type or special groups of persons are the ones contributing to the bustling nature of the city. #FACT
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by EkoIle1: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Olalekan 0: In case you didn't know,Fashola receives way more than 20B per month and while the south-southern states receives more allocation than Lagos,their IGR is lesser than Lagos,thus Lagos state eventually has more money than any oil producing state at the end of the month when they sum up all availabl e funds

Not so fast .

It's either your knowledge of arithmetic is very poor or you are just ignorant which I think you really are and ill break it down just to show you why and also educate people like you that make noise about IGR.

Monthly IGR is 23 billion = 23 billion x 12 = 276.

Monthly allocation is 10 billion = 10 x 12 = 120

120 + 276 = 396.

Lagos state's budget for 2013 is 497 billion so they have to borrow 101 billion to cover the difference. For 20 million people .

Now. Akwa iboms budget for 2013 is 458 billion for just 3 million people igr or no igr = 6 times richer than lagos per head with just 3 million people

Rivers states burget for 2013 is whooping 490 billion igr or no igr for 5 million people .= 4 times richer than lagos state per head with little or nothing to show for it.

So, without borrowing, lagos states budget is meager 396 billion with igr and allocation while these other states are posting 458 billion and 490 billion with little overhead and responsibilities.

Now, instead of your fixation on lagos state that we see what they do with their little money and huge responsibilities, you need to spend all that energy asking all these ss states what they are doing with all their astronomical budgets apart from spending it on private jets.

Next time before you say anything about lagos state and igr, do your math and educate yourself first.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by ypzilanti: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

Not so fast .

It's either your knowledge of arithmetic is very poor or you are just ignorant which I think you really are and ill break it down just to show you why and also educate people like you that make noise about IGR.

Monthly IGR is 23 billion = 23 billion x 12 = 276.

Monthly allocation is 10 billion = 10 x 12 = 120

120 + 276 = 396.

Lagos state's budget for 2013 is 497 billion so they have to borrow 101 billion to cover the difference. For 20 million people .

Now. Akwa iboms budget for 2013 is 458 billion for just 3 million people igr or no igr = 6 times richer than lagos per head with just 3 million people

Rivers states burget for 2013 is whooping 490 billion igr or no igr for 5 million people .= 4 times richer than lagos state per head with little or nothing to show for it.

So, without borrowing, lagos states budget is meager 396 billion with igr and allocation while these other states are posting 458 billion and 490 billion with little overhead and responsibilities.

Now, instead of your fixation on lagos state that we see what they do with their little money and huge responsibilities, you need to spend all that energy asking all these ss states what they are doing with all their astronomical budgets apart from spending it on private jets.

Next time before you say anything about lagos state and igr, do your math and educate yourself first.

Agree with you that Fashola is trying and I am a supporter of his government. Note however, that in terms of infrastructure, the population point does not follow. Unless Lagos State is doing some massive social security program which I am unaware of, Fashola, Akpabio and Amaechi can be judged and rated as peers with the same infrastructural challenges: Roads, Bridges, Transport and in the future (as deregulation begins)Power.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra state, i hop u re watchin dis.sad
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by EkoIle1: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
ypzilanti:

Agree with you that Fashola is trying and I am a supporter of his government. Note however, that in terms of infrastructure, the population point does not follow. Unless Lagos State is dod
ing some massive social security program which I am unaware of, Fashola, Akpabio and Amaechi can be judged and rated as peers with the same infrastructural challenges: Roads, Bridges, Transport and in the future (as deregulation begins)Power.

What exactly do you mean by social security? Please, I need precise answer.

Population follows because it determines precisely how much you need to adequately provide for your population.

Providing and maintaining infrastructure and safety and security for 20 million people is not the same with 3 million people. The amount you pay and maintain your civil service is not the same. The second largest civil service in Nigeria is in lagos state. What you pay your pensioners is not the same.

Nothing is the same, I repeat, nothing is the same.

You also can not judge them on the same scale in terms of infrastructure simply because their needs based on population is not the same.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by oilyngbati3(m): 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
grin grin grin I dey laugh in Fashola 419
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by BigPhil(m): 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
I visit this forum most days and I follow all the topics and discuss keenly.

On Lagos state,I honestly believe that a state like Lagos should be at par with cities like Singapore or Kuala Lumpur and even Johannesburg.

That is what a dynamic city like Lagos should be like if not better.

I will give Fashola AA+ for his vision and dynamism that he has brought to governance.And will gladly recommend him for a third term minus the Tinubu baggage.

The only gripe that I have with Fashola is that toll gate on Lekki-Epe road.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Rhino5dm: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
[size=48pt]SAI FASHOLA!!![/size]
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by obailala(m): 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
I just hope and pray that the bootlicking comments I'm seeing on this thread are from Fashola's version of the 40 man laptop gang because if these comments sincerely represent the true mindset of Nigerians, then we are in real deep shit.

Just like someone said earlier, 'all these for simple project inspection?... when commissioning starts, what are we to expect?
undecided
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by EkoIle1: 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
obailala: I just hope and pray that the bootlicking comments I'm seeing on this thread are from Fashola's version of the 40 man laptop gang because if these comments sincerely represent the true mindset of Nigerians, then we are in real deep shit.

Just like someone said earlier, 'all these for simple project inspection?... when commissioning starts, what are we to expect?
undecided

Their comments dey pain ya body enter bone ni? Is it against the law to.recognize something good.?

Call it what you want, na ya own palava be that and when commission time reach, we go gather and celebrate all over again so get ready to suffer more pain..
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by emabe: 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
Waiting till projects are complete
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by bashydemy(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2013
emabe: Waiting till projects are complete
Sure n time,
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by naptu2: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
I'm excited! I've just seen the design for the new beautified, renovated and upgraded Obalende Bus Stop/Roundabout.

Maybe we can finally get that place back to what it was in 1984/85 or even better.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by GidiBuy: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Why wasn't he brought to Ayobo - Iyana Ipaja Road??....the contractors suppose to finish the contract by Nov 2012 last year. As I speak the road has been abandoned and another rain is here again. The suffering this year would be massive.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by EkoIle1: 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
GidiBuy: Why wasn't he brought to Ayobo - Iyana Ipaja Road??....the contractors suppose to finish the contract by Nov 2012 last year. As I speak the road has been abandoned and another rain is here again. The suffering this year would be massive.

The contract was awarded and taken away from Bulletin construction for slow pace of work and re awarded to another company. Relax, everything is going to NR alright.

Eko o ni baje o...
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by Firefire(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ Eko-Ile. Please I need you to show picture(s) of on-going projects in Agbara-Badagry zone.
Thank you.
Re: Fashola Begins Inspection Tour Of Projects by GidiBuy: 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

The contract was awarded and taken away from Bulletin construction for slow pace of work and re awarded to another company. Relax, everything is going to NR alright.

Eko o ni baje o...

Another company or contractor U say? It's still the same Plycon that is the constructing the road. Don't come here deceiving the ordinary lame pple (I am not lame either). From Megida bustop to Iyan Aiyetoro, drainage was dug but no drainage block placed neither was the sand dug had been packed. So I guess the new contractor is also on a "Slow Pace" motion 2. All i know, we are bound to suffer this year again and ACN should be ready to lose their vote here in the next coming election. #OkBye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 / $9.6bn Judgment: FG, P&ID Head For Showdown / Deji Adeyanju: God Has No Business With Nigerian Thieving Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.