Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:04 PM

Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare (2175 Views)

Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by free2ryhme: 4:11am On Jan 20, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-c68vGLkY9ik/UPstpt--KEI/AAAAAAABSkY/BNK7KHhhaPA/s1600/Pastor-Tunde-Bakare.jpg[/img] [img]http://1.bp..com/-I1ftqrMKiIM/UPst4s65hBI/AAAAAAABSkg/hTDcl9wIcOo/s1600/joa.jpg[/img]

Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly tells Punch:

They have signaled the campaign by going to kneel down before Pastor Adeboye. See, I am not saying that pastors should not pray for presidents, that man was representing an office; a whole nation crumbling before men of God because of political advantage they think they can get. And if the prayer will bail him out, let us wait and see. The truth is who is preparing for 2015, which faction of the PDP? Is it the (Olusegun) Obasanjo faction? Or IBB faction? Or Jonathan faction? The governors’ faction? Because PDP is a house divided against itself; it’s a chicken that has begun to eat its own intestines. By going to kneel down in the open before the pastor, the man (Jonathan) did not even recognise the dignity of his office. If it were a private thing, it is okay for you to crawl or kneel but it is a whole nation. That office has been diminished by a man who does not know the worth of it and does not deserve to stay there for one more day.

Who agrees with him?

http://lindaikeji..dk/2013/01/jonathan-belittled-himself-by-kneeling.html
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by EkoIle1: 4:20am On Jan 20, 2013
I agree with him x 10000000000000000000000000
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 20, 2013
Public kneeling, no.

Private kneelin/prostration, yes.

So therefore, I agree with him.

In my opinion the President can only kneel directly to God in public and not to a man of God.

But privately he could do whatever he likes for the man of God, he could even cry and crawl.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Maxymilliano(m): 5:30am On Jan 20, 2013
free2ryhme:
A whole nation crumbling before men of God because of political advantage they think they can get

Arrogance of ignorance!.

free2ryhme: That office has been diminished by a man who does not know the worth of it and does not deserve to stay there for one more day

Transferred aggression! Hope he has remitted the 72M Land Charge owing the Lagos State government.

Jonathan may not deserve to be in the office but he still remain the ELECTED President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Bakare knows exactly what to do if he claim to know the worth of the office and deserved to be there instead of whining like a crybaby.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by moderatorr: 5:40am On Jan 20, 2013
Bakare is not a pastor. He is a frustrated politician.
You kneel for someone to pray for you, its humility to God and respect for age and authority.
Bakare is jealous.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Otutu1(m): 5:40am On Jan 20, 2013
Don't really see any big deal in his kneeling, after all he's kneeling to God only through a man of God. So bakare if it was your church you will tell him to get up right? tongue

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by malele(m): 6:33am On Jan 20, 2013
I respect bakare a lot but he got this one wrong o
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 20, 2013
he did it before God and not before man .he learnt that from king David in the Bible. and what happened to his wife that wanted to prevent him then?
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by FiftyFifty(m): 6:53am On Jan 20, 2013
Nothing Oga Joe do will shock me anymore. But come to think of it; what do u xpect from a shoeless, drunkard fisherman from the creeks whose second name is clueless? Next time he will prostrate, u will see.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 20, 2013
I doubt if this man is a Christian.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 20, 2013
Hatred has really consumed this so called pastor.IMO he is worse than buhari.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by warrior01: 7:19am On Jan 20, 2013
hmmm. Tunde Bakare, pls, remember David's wife and how she ended just for making a comment like yours. I wish you goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2013
Jonathan isthe type of person that has great belief in the power of prayers alone without applying any practical effort to make these prayers come true.
The man is constantly praying or asking Nigerians to pray or giving speeches from churches.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 20, 2013
No man is too mighty to kneel before God.

Jonathan ddnt kneel before adeboye... He humbled himself before God.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2013
I do.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by amor4ce(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2013
Since Christianity is a religion of lawlessness and christians, like the devil, do everything that is described in the Scriptures as rebellion even though they proclaim otherwise, their defense of Enoch Adeboye does not surprise me one bit. Else they should tell us where in the Scriptures the king bows before the priest and whether the priest appoints the king. The king does not bow to the priest. The Father does not bow to the Son who is the High priest of His people (christians not His people as they are under a strong delusion). The Father appointed the Son as High Priest but Adeboye has been doing the exact opposite, teaching rebellion against the Father. President Jonathan by this repeated action has thus been declaring Adeboye the lawless one as the Supreme Leader of this country, just like Grand Ayatollah Khomeni was in Iran and like the Sultan used to be under Muslim heads of state, and has been giving away his portion to the lawless leader of RCCG. This action also breeds more hatred and division from Islamists, and, coupled with President Jonathan's intervention in Mali without the input of the masses - which might be perceived by the Islamists a a Christian and southern Nigerian intervention - Nigerians should gird their loins in this hellenist year 2013. Source
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 20, 2013
Much as I despise Bakare and all he represents, I totally agree that Jonathan should NOT be seen kneeling down before any so-called 'pastor' (at least not in public), in the name of seeking prayers. That is utterly reprehensible and infra dig for the office of President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. Such an act undermines the state authority embodied by the president, and ridicules the country's sovereignty.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by sammyyoung3: 9:37am On Jan 20, 2013
Barake!
Bakare!!
Bareka!!!

Which ever his name is...shld just face his church, so if jonathan was to come to his church and he says, everyone shld kneel b4 God.....he expects Jonathan to stand

He knelt b4 God and not Man....he shld know dat better, even Adeboye kneels to pray in public, just dat bros Jona self, his kneeling was politically motivated

NB: Adeboye is a true Man of God, not just any Man of God

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by redsun(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2013
Of course he did. That is why he's got a very low IQ. He is like a child crying for mum's vivid milk. Helpless and hopeless.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by talktrue1(m): 9:40am On Jan 20, 2013
So he expects GEJ to stand at ease while they pray for him. I doubt if Bakare is a true man of God.
Note that he wasn't kneeling down to read his speech or greet Adeboye, it was when they were praying for him
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2013
Imagine barack obama kneeling down in front of benny hinn or david cameron kneeling in front of the archbishop of canterbury
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Otutu1(m): 9:59am On Jan 20, 2013
But bakare also has a point, GEJ is making it look like God is the one running the country. If so he's should go and kneel in mosques and shrines alike including orthodox churches.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by bootstrap(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2013
IMO..... Johnathan can knee infrnt or behind anyone he likes and wheneva.... BUT ''The president'' of a multi religious country like Nigeria knees befor no man in this country, , definitely not publicly. He needs to respect that office, and everything it represents. Pple (xtians,Muslims, Traditionalist. .everyone in tis country.) need to see him as smone they can depend on. Its akin to saying. The president is immune from prosecution and arrest, but Jonathan isnt.

I guess pple seeing nofin wrong with what he did, has little or no idea abt true leadership and d influence, power and responsibilities it come with. A leader automatically has an annointing which he or she shld neva take for granted.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by phantom(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2013
Otutu1: But bakare also has a point, GEJ is making it look like God is the one running the country. If so he's should go and kneel in mosques and shrines alike including orthodox churches.
yeah just like all your former military moslem rulers knelt in churches and prayer houses abi
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Wadeoye(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2013
Look at them. Does xtianity take peoples brain away?
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 20, 2013
lakhadimar: Imagine barack obama kneeling down in front of benny hinn or david cameron kneeling in front of the archbishop of canterbury
and who d hel is barack obama, is he God? Men and pride, bt wait, is bakare a xtain?
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Wadeoye(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2013
Castroii: and who d hel is barack obama, is he God? Men and pride, bt wait, is bakare a xtain?

Hypocrite, do you know God?
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by doja(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2013
I completely agree with Bakare on this.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2013
One brief Question to Tunde Bakare and his supporters: Is the Office of President of Nigeria greater than the Office of Godhood ?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by SlyIg(f): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Dear Bakare,
You're too matured to make this kind of a silly
statement,so sorry to say that. If i kneel down in the church,i kneel for no man, no pastor, no priest nor whosoever but the almighty God.
Being a president doesn't make Jonathan too big to deal down in the church for God.
Adeboye himself does kneel down in the church,does that mean he is kneeling down for his congregation?
Think maturedly pls.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by eagleeye2: 10:33am On Jan 20, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Arrogance of ignorance!.

Transferred aggression! Hope he has remitted the 72M Land Charge owing the Lagos State government.

Jonathan may not deserve to be in the office but he still remain the SELECTED President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Bakare knows exactly what to do if he claim to know the worth of the office and deserved to be there instead of whining like a crybaby.
Re: Jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -bakare by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2013
the worst part of it is that the kneeling is nothing more than a desperate publicity stunt aimed at garnering support from the stunted mind of the average 'with God all things are possible; year of double portion; year of breakthrough" nigerian, who is content to sit on his srae and wait for his problesm to be solved for him

considering what has happened since the last kneeling - ( jona knelt before adeboye during the elections) it is safe to say the prayers came to naught

btw, where was adeboye when turai had locked jona in the kitchen?

i seem to remember several men of God were ferried to "abuja to meet with yardua"

(1) (2)

Nigerians Boo Obasanjo On Emirates Flight.... / Gov: Rivers PDP Cancels Zoning, Clears Wike / Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.