Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,116 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (48156 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Monimatic(m): 1:12am On Jan 26, 2015
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by mekaboy(m): 1:20am On Jan 26, 2015
U get office?

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 26, 2015

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by eightsin(m): 1:26am On Jan 26, 2015
This man should stop having double standard

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by nairalife2013(m): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2015
Well, learn to respect higher authority first! Now teach dat to your sons never to be like u!

290 Likes 16 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by ammyluv2002(f): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2015
Office ko office ni undecided

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by DonaldGenes(m): 1:34am On Jan 26, 2015
I realllllllllllllllly like this Gov Amaechi, Niqqah send no one ohh

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by cycline404(m): 1:42am On Jan 26, 2015
Election o, GEJ o, GMB o e no concern me
If GEJ like make he arrange meetings dey read the questions and answer on Laptop, that is what Fela called Arrangement

All i care about is a debate like this: So i catch all my fun completely

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by reaky(m): 1:42am On Jan 26, 2015
Which of the office abeg

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Juliaann(f): 1:52am On Jan 26, 2015
nairalife2013:
Well, learn to respect higher authority first! Now teach dat to u sons never to be like u!

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Juliaann(f): 1:53am On Jan 26, 2015
which office?

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by asadike(f): 1:55am On Jan 26, 2015
You treated d office of d president with disdain, so u deserve whatever it is, coming ur way. Is politics a do or die affair? You myt sit down one day to dine wit gej after al, your enemy today myt become your friend tomorrow.

162 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by DeviIhimself: 2:01am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi the moronn just like the illiterate terrorist general Buhari, he doesn't know the law of respect which is reciprocal.

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

Gej till 2019

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by JEITO: 2:10am On Jan 26, 2015
You disrespected your own office by refusing to allow them use the stadium as a civilised man should. So they took it by force. This shows that power pass power.

I hope your lodge in Abuja is still in a good condition after all the meetings held there because come May 29th, Rivers state will be too hot for you o.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Bizinton: 2:17am On Jan 26, 2015
DeviIhimself:
Amaechi the moronn just like the illiterate terrorist general Buhari, he doesn't know the law of respect which is reciprocal.

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

Gej till 2019

By now your case must be of grave concern to your family members. Wasted sperm

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by hyfr(m): 2:25am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi is in a state of 36 days madness don't blame him. Madness In High Places

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Walspring: 2:27am On Jan 26, 2015
Its is only my nation that we don't have respect for our president.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by talktimi(m): 2:30am On Jan 26, 2015
Cry me a river Ohhhh cry cry cry Cry me a river yeahhhh grin grin grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by hyfr(m): 2:36am On Jan 26, 2015
A state of 38 days madness don't blame him Y'll. We've got a place for him after may 29

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi should have stood his ground, oh well, they say "He that runeth, will liveth".

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Caseless: 2:53am On Jan 26, 2015
Jonathan shall pay for all his atrocities against the nigerian people.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by faithugo64(f): 2:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Did you respect the office of the president when your permission was sought for??
amechi respect is reciprocal!!!

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by decode55(m): 3:21am On Jan 26, 2015
Since time immemorial, apc e-rats on this forum have been calling our president "weak"; labeling him with all sorts of derogatory names like _Retardeen, _slowpoke, _Clueless & all what not.

Now he has flexed his "Presidential biceps", y'all are comparing him to Idi Amin. cheesy

Bunch of confused people

[size=28pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size] jare! smiley smiley

240 Likes 22 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Tekzyflex(m): 3:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Hahahahahahahah! See who's talking of respect of office. The tin pain am sha!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 26, 2015
I thought he acts as though he is stronger than Gej, why the lamentation? I had wanted to read "Amaechi slaps Gej for using his stadium" mtcheew confused fellow undecided

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Kennywills7(m): 3:49am On Jan 26, 2015
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by eaglechild: 4:22am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi is just spraying everyone around him with saliva and tears.

Office ko toilet ni.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Leebeedo(m): 4:41am On Jan 26, 2015
You've been given the humble pie; I thought you said the stadium would be used over your dead body. Kill yourself, cos that stadium must be used.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by fitzmayowa: 4:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Maybe ameachi forgot that respect is reciprocal...You don't ridicule the office of presidency and go scot free..

He was made to eat the humble pie, now he is crying blue murder...Yeye dey smell

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 26, 2015
nairalife2013:
Well, learn to respect higher authority first! Now teach dat to u sons never to be like u!
he refused sharing rivers state funds with patience jonathan,and refused f.ucking the fat bitch,is dat disrespecting higher office?no wonder gej got stoned!foolishness will be voted out.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by gebest: 5:06am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi i still luv u, but just allow them use it, it will not take anything from u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Swizdoe(m): 5:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Even though I'm not a fan of gej and his administration but for amaechi to have tried to deny him is the height of insolence.
A Yoruba proverb says " Ai fini pe ni, ai feyan pe yan, lo mu ara oko ara e san bante wolu. "

37 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja / Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.