Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:49 PM

Loss Of International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Loss Of International Passport (819 Views)

Renewal Of International Passport / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Renewal Of International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loss Of International Passport by DRIZ: 7:29am On Jan 20, 2013
@ Justwise, Vicjustice et al. I cant find my international passport which is due 2 xpire in sept. 2013. I av only used it to apply for UK study permit visa in 2009 but was refused. Although am not ready to apply 4 any visa now should I go and get a new passport or wait 4 it to expire in sept? What are my chances if I apply for UK visa in 2014 but cant provide d loss passport with d new passport. The only evidence i have nw is dat i have d scanned bio data page & uk refusal stamp cos i was given appeal & also forwarded d pages 2 my uncle email.
Re: Loss Of International Passport by omega25red(m): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
you should get a police report supporting the fact that your passport is stolen or missing then apply for a new passpost. when you apply and they ask about the old passport show the police report.
Re: Loss Of International Passport by Vicjustice: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
DRIZ: @ Justwise, Vicjustice et al. I cant find my international passport which is due 2 xpire in sept. 2013. I av only used it to apply for UK study permit visa in 2009 but was refused. Although am not ready to apply 4 any visa now should I go and get a new passport or wait 4 it to expire in sept? What are my chances if I apply for UK visa in 2014 but cant provide d loss passport with d new passport. The only evidence i have nw is dat i have d scanned bio data page & uk refusal stamp cos i was given appeal & also forwarded d pages 2 my uncle email.
It is not a big issue, you can either apply for a replacement now or in the future.
Know that whether you applied for it now or later, you will be issued a full term passport for 5 years, so, it doesn't matter what time you applied for it.
It is also not a big deal if you can't provide the lost passport in your future visa application, what is important is your honesty (to state that you have been refused a visa before since the embassy will detect that themselves).
The police report can not "support that your passport is stolen" since the Police does not have evidence of that, their report is only a formality that you reported your claim to the authority.

(1) (Reply)

Travel Route From Lagos To London / Studying An Engineering Course In Germany / Share Your Traffic Experience At The Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.