Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,379 members, 7,850,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:41 PM

Pat Robertson Blames 'awful-looking' Women For Marital Problems ;D ;D - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pat Robertson Blames 'awful-looking' Women For Marital Problems ;D ;D (614 Views)

How Do Men Control Tough-looking Women? / Nigerian Guy Calls Out Fellow Men That Desperately Beg Women For Sex / Reasons Why Those Good Looking Women Are Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pat Robertson Blames 'awful-looking' Women For Marital Problems ;D ;D by samnugba(m): 8:44am On Jan 20, 2013
[b]Pat Robertson said that "awful-looking" women are to blame for a romance-deficient marriages.

It all started when a 17-year-old boy wrote to Maxim magazine asking for advice on how to get his videogame-loving dad to pay more attention to his mom. Robertson decided to offer the teen some advice of his own during a recent episode of the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club."

"It may be your mom isn't as sweet as you think she is," said the 82-year-old. "She may be kind of hard-nosed."

Robertson then went on to to say that "awful-looking" women can be to blame for certain marital problems:

A woman came to a preacher that I know, and she was awful looking. I mean, her hair was all torn up and she was overweight and looked terrible, clothes bad and everything. And she said, 'Oh, Reverend, what can I do? My husband has started to drink.' And the preacher looked at her and said, 'Madam, if I was married to you I'd start to drink too.' We need to cultivate romance, darling! ... You always have to keep that spark of love alive. It just isn't something to just lie there, 'Well, I'm married to him so he's got to take me slatternly looking.' You've got to fix yourself up, look pretty.

This is not the first time Robertson has blamed women's appearances for marital problems.

As Think Progress notes, during a 2010 episode of "The 700 Club," a caller asked Robertson how to get her husband to stop flirting with other women.

"First thing is you need to make yourself as attractive as possible and don’t hassle him about it," the Christian televangelist said. "And why is he doing this? Well, he’s doing it because he wants affirmation that he is still a man, that he is attractive — and he gets an affirmation of himself ... But you need to not drive him away or start hassling and hounding on him, but make yourself as beautiful as you can, as fun as you can, and say let’s go out here, let’s go there, let’s go to the other thing."

He has also joked about wife-beating as a means of gaining respect, the New York Daily News notes.

Robertson has been married to his wife, Adelia "Dede," since 1954.[/b]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/pat-robertson-blames-awful-looking-women-marriage-problems_n_2479459.html
Re: Pat Robertson Blames 'awful-looking' Women For Marital Problems ;D ;D by tpia5: 8:55am On Jan 20, 2013
Gone are the days when people valued marriage.

Nowadays, most just consider it a race to see who hops out faster.

(1) (Reply)

Love / 10 Facts About Women, All In One Piece / How To Tell If You Have Too Many Differences With Your Boo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.