Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24350 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:03am On May 25, 2013
I miss the constant welcome every time. Policemen and Airport Officials saying 'Welcome to Nigeria Madame'...Children are respectful unlike in London where they smoke cigarette while wearing uniform. People running to open doors for me..INSISTING on carrying my luggage for me. The way people Beg me to enter their shops. The reaction as I hand over money to children who sell pure water. The way people say Oya quick 'put the fan she's from London grin..Cold STAR BEER, Point and kill Catfish, Bitterleaf soup, Agiga Bread...The Preachers (on the so called Luxurious busses)that DEMAND dat everybody prays at 5am during the journey. The way Strangers STARE and trip when they hear my voice.. smiley The heat...the beautiful Palm trees....Da colours...Men easily wear yellows,greens, pink and brigh colours, the beauty and zeal of the people. The DRAMAAAaa and Comedy sights of Heavy, Fat woman with overload bakassi riding Okada with bags on her head...Da Night Clubs in Enugu and Lagos! Blazing it up wit my crew and partying like a gangsat... Flossing like a Star. visiting da money changers grin People dancing Azonto in Church as the collection goes round (4) Four times... My Lovely family...the Beautiful HEAT ! kiss....Black faces everywhere....TO FEEL LIKE BEYONCE FOR 2 WEEKS>> DAMN RIGHT I LIKE IT.... Who wouldnt like it?....We work hard and Party harder!! Dose dat jelos me can join me wit good mind or hug transformer. Nigerian guys are Always friendlier than SOME girls... I wonder why? lolz

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2013
kwajahafiz:
nufin?..is ur own diaspora portharcourt?.
oh u must mean nothing..lol.
Ol boy na so o.besides LEM (food),d rest na same. Puna-(that paradise between woman's leg that makes men loose their senses) na same anywhere in the world.Whether black,white,calad,brown or grey.na d face dey dazzle us..all na same.But naija lem...hmmmm grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 9:09am On May 25, 2013
queenvic: I miss the constant welcome every time. Policemen and Airport Officials saying 'Welcome to Nigeria Madame'...Children are respectful unlike in London where they smoke cigarette while wearing uniform. People running to open doors for me..INSISTING on carrying my luggage for me. The way people Beg me to enter their shops. The reaction as I hand over money to children who sell pure water. The way people say Oya quick 'put the fan she's from London grin..Cold STAR BEER, Point and kill Catfish, Bitterleaf soup, Agiga Bread...The Preachers (on the so called Luxurious busses)that DEMAND dat everybody prays at 5am during the journey. The way Strangers STARE and trip when they hear my voice.. smiley The heat...the beautiful Palm trees....Da colours...Men easily wear yellows,greens, pink and brigh colours, the beauty and zeal of the people. The DRAMAAAaa and Comedy sights of Heavy, Fat woman with overload bakassi riding Okada with bags on her head...Da Night Clubs in Enugu and Lagos! Blazing it up wit my crew and partying like a gangsat... Flossing like a Star. visiting da money changers grin People dancing Azonto in Church as the collection goes round (4) Four times... My Lovely family...the Beautiful HEAT ! kiss....Black faces everywhere....TO FEEL LIKE BEYONCE FOR 2 WEEKS>> DAMN RIGHT I LIKE IT.... Who wouldnt like it?....We work hard and Party harder!! Dose dat jelos me can join me wit good mind or hug transformer. Nigerian guys are Always friendlier than SOME girls... I wonder why? lolz

Hope y'all are reading...see my true blood naija sister....I feel you sweerie, mwha(kiss),collect am.We work HARD and we also PLAY hard. Na so God stamp am.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Chinom(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2013
Like somebody pointed out already; NAIJA FREEDOM NO GET PART TWO. I'm at my freest in Nigeria. I'm not going to trade that again with any cramped lifestyle in the West.

Despite the hot sun, many things keep me smiling in Naija. Naija women are the finest too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:12am On May 25, 2013
jidewin:

Hope y'all are reading...see my true blood naija sister....I feel you sweerie, mwha(kiss),collect am.We work HARD and we also PLAY hard. Na so God stamp am.

Muah! Muah ! Right back atcha Home Boy ! kiss kiss kiss kiss TELL DEMMM OO!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Iykeponti(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2013
No place like home, i dey mis everything :/ especially my Calaba girl friend

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by malign(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2013
queenvic: I miss the constant welcome every time. Policemen and Airport Officials saying 'Welcome to Nigeria Madame'...Children are respectful unlike in London where they smoke cigarette while wearing uniform. People running to open doors for me..INSISTING on carrying my luggage for me. The way people Beg me to enter their shops. The reaction as I hand over money to children who sell pure water. The way people say Oya quick 'put the fan she's from London grin..Cold STAR BEER, Point and kill Catfish, Bitterleaf soup, Agiga Bread...The Preachers (on the so called Luxurious busses)that DEMAND dat everybody prays at 5am during the journey. The way Strangers STARE and trip when they hear my voice.. smiley The heat...the beautiful Palm trees....Da colours...Men easily wear yellows,greens, pink and brigh colours, the beauty and zeal of the people. The DRAMAAAaa and Comedy sights of Heavy, Fat woman with overload bakassi riding Okada with bags on her head...Da Night Clubs in Enugu and Lagos! Blazing it up wit my crew and partying like a gangsat... Flossing like a Star. visiting da money changers grin People dancing Azonto in Church as the collection goes round (4) Four times... My Lovely family...the Beautiful HEAT ! kiss....Black faces everywhere....TO FEEL LIKE BEYONCE FOR 2 WEEKS>> DAMN RIGHT I LIKE IT.... Who wouldnt like it?....We work hard and Party harder!! Dose dat jelos me can join me wit good mind or hug transformer. Nigerian guys are Always friendlier than SOME girls... I wonder why? lolz

Aww.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by nigerfine: 9:52am On May 25, 2013
I miss more sleeping hours on Saturday morning,
I miss alakia ibadan round about early newspaper reading, shearing and digressing
I miss Sunday service in living faith
I miss hanging out for suya and p soup
I miss you
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 25, 2013

awwwwwwwww

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 9:59am On May 25, 2013
adaobi123:

awwwwwwwww

grin Nne Ke kime ?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Costa2000(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2013
Calcuta ojuelegba
Fatherland festac
Lagos bus conductor shouting, u dey craze?,comot 4 road joor,ur papa.
Village
9ja foods.
The taxi man that takes me around lagos,whenever i dont want to drive,have been using him 4 the past 4yrs.
9ja church.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 25, 2013
queenvic:

grin Nne Ke kime ?

omalicha, Im fine.........queen vic eh ?? Get out of my pub !!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 25, 2013
adaobi123:

omalicha, Im fine.........queen vic eh ?? Get out of my pub !!! grin grin

Hahahaha grin grin grin Yeah but Im waiting for Billy..hes gonna buy me a Star beer and akara!! cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 25, 2013
queenvic:

Hahahaha grin grin grin Yeah but Im waiting for Billy..hes gonna buy me a Star beer and akara!! cheesy

grin grin

hahaahahaahaha........yeah yeah I would love to see that happen ! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by novicali: 11:08am On May 25, 2013
I miss my family dearly
I miss Church services
I miss our local delicacies
I miss Plantain
I miss Pawpaw
I miss bitter leaf soup with he goat meat so much
I miss sawasap
I miss the fresh mango direct from the tree
I miss ofe nsala
I miss Akpu (Fufu), you people dont know how natural that food is,unlike the preserved food we are eating here.
I miss ofe uha with intestines of he goats
I miss yam (Ji agworo agwo with leaf) u know is
I miss okoroiko, a specie of cocoyam that is breed in my locality it is very medicinal
I miss our culture is very thrilling, it makes us unique .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by gbokukueba(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2013
milehigh06:
what,go store go buy plantain

Unfortunately where i live there is no plantain and the immigration seizes it when you bring it in from Nigeria sad[b][/b]
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Indomie ke? U get syndrome o! grin
yes o, raw indomies dey sweet o.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bellong: 12:53pm On May 25, 2013
Allohrandy: I live in the SF Bay Area.Tho I Always visit long Beach. Which city do you live in?

Where in SF bay area.. Stayed in Berkeley for three months. Nice place with too many activists. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by MisterNRC(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2013
Costa2000: Calcuta ojuelegba
Fatherland festac
Lagos bus conductor shouting, u dey craze?,comot 4 road joor,ur papa.
Village
9ja foods.
The taxi man that takes me around lagos,whenever i dont want to drive,have been using him 4 the past 4yrs.
9ja church.

Nostalgic already!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:45pm On May 25, 2013
shymexx:

Loool. What ends do you rep?
South/Midlands. cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 25, 2013
honey86:

lool grin grin hi fives
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by pearl360(f): 1:53pm On May 25, 2013
I miss some of my favourite foods like moi-moi, akara. Although i travelled with packaged beans powder, i still miss them because they taste better when prepared with fresh beans.

I miss my church, all our nigerian praise & worship songs...
& most importantly i miss my family!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:59pm On May 25, 2013
adaobi123:

lool grin grin hi fives
honey86:
Weirdos!!! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 25, 2013
Kidnappings
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by malign(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Weirdos!!! tongue
Word.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 25, 2013
malign:
Word.

tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by ddeola: 3:27pm On May 25, 2013
Our food
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2013
queenvic:

[s]Billy is here, oya waiter pass down the beer and akara. Hurry abeg! angry queen Victoria can't be kept waiting.

John ngwa bring my box of condoms, Biko mee osiso, before queen returns to parliament. We need some royal "activities"
[/s]

Source:
www.akpa-amu-news.gov/condoms

Hmmm, Billy no gree o undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 25, 2013
I miss nothing! Moreover,here is home.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by BUSHMAN1: 9:35pm On May 25, 2013
i miss nkwu enu (palm wine)and anu nchi (bush meat) am not sure i can find them in peckam, perharps not the reall thing
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by BUSHMAN1: 9:38pm On May 25, 2013
toshmann:

Source:
www.akpa-amu-news.gov/condoms

Hmmm, Billy no gree o undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin odikwa egwuoo! which one be akpa amu news? LMAO!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by tricosite(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2013
I have miss a lot... but mention but few...
Amala( Black one) with Bean Soup... with small ewedu.... that is called gbegiri.....
I miss naija burger... bread and Akara....
Are OSUPA...
Our own point and wait for it to done... cat fish...
Every day hustling...
I MISS WITCHCRAFT A LOT....
Religion aspect of naija...
PHCN... UP NEPA....
Muslim waking up when it come to fasting period Ramadan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Fake Woman Bosoms Serve As Concealment Method For Drug Trafficking / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? / Terrible Accident In Delta,People Burnt 2 Death Beyond Recognition(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.