Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) (26397 Views)

See What A Guy Found In Amstel Malta (photo) / Floating Object In A Soft Drink. / Have You Ever Eaten An Object In A ''mamaput'' Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Toscoas2(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
basty: Hello guys,
must we sue for money?. Why can't we just erase the issue of money out of our lives.
We cannot be eating fat on other people's mistake.

Am sure u did not go to schl and if @all u did, ur schl did not include principle Of nigeria law in their curriculum, if not u ought to knw ur right.
They called dt breach Of duty Of care ok.
Pls D poster i need D bottle intact to hv a Gud claim in D court Of law wit festus keyamo as my lawyer
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Argg so disgusting!
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
@OP
Abi you don win ni.. Maybe since yesterday sha.
I was once in your shoe, mine happened with a limca bottle still intact with a big cockcroach inside it.
My Advice: DO not waste your time, you would have a hard time proving it wasnt corked outside their premises..infact they will deny the bottle itself. Lobatan.
if you are busy and you have work to do..you would return the bottle to the shop where u got it and get another one. Na real long thing..
but as i said..Maybe u don win already.. grin grin grin
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by anulaxad(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
chuks49:

This is Nigeria cheesy
LOOOOOL
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by kevwes: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lets b realistic in our dealings,our jokes can b over estimated n dats why we are veing a fail nation where noting is taking serious.From my little experience,ve'nt seeing d process(1) dat bottles has defect,meaning a lowfil n cant b sell out as company ve to decount it.which means d bottle was/has b open by unknow culprit outside d company.ofcox when u open d bottle outside company,u can as wel insert anytin making it look as if its manufture jus like dat.pls,pass d right message n lets build niaja in truth.

1 Like

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by blackbeau1(f): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
Months back,I found some ugly looking stuff in my bottle of malt.I advise all nairalanders to be careful when taking any soft drink
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Ayoolu(m): 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Old boy, let help you. Photograph the coding on the bottle for all to see
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Fash20: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
It is gud 4 ur health. It contains vitamin O dat will help u in building extra-extra-large body.however for those who dont want 2 have extra body cal 07065442168 4 more details. Procedure on how to use it:- first of al drink d liquid content and chew d vitamin rich magot like object.extra bonus include long life, fat as..s and big eye
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Pque(m): 6:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
berem: see wetin pesin dey talk? so if you were in the poster's shoes you will simply throw the bottle away or maybe you will start praying,binding and casting demons? smh for gullible nigerians! mtscheeew! undecided undecided undecided undecided

Nonsence. What wil dat guy sue malta for, on what point of law. He wil say in court 'My lord I bought maltina on ... From Mr ... nd wen I got home, I saw in d drink a malgot like object in d drink, as a result of dis I ask d court to issue a judgement dat Maltina makers to give me 50m naira..."
50m naira 4 what, na u mumu pass "opoto"
Wel, I wil help. 4 anybody or company 2 b liable in law 2 give u money den dat person must have comited a wrong aginst u i.e he has breach d duty of care he owes 2 u. Evry manufacturers owes us a duty of care by making sure dat deir product we consume is clean nd does nt affect us negatively, our health, body restructure (damage)etc.
B4 d court we order dat judgement of monetary compensatn 2 u 4 d damage caused 2 u. U must prove 2 d court dat d manufacturer's product u bought actually caused u damage. How wil u prove dis? By calling a doctor or withness dat was dere when u were sufering d damages 2 testify 2 d court. If ur testimony nd evidence is reasonable nd wel established, gd luck but if nt, bad luck.
Dat was d simple principle established among other things in d case of DONOGUE v. STEVENSON. (Copy nd paste d parties above in google 2 find out more frm dat case)
If u know of oth point of law dat dis guy can claim on, halla me
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by chosen04(f): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
kandiikane:

Ok, if he goes to the press people will stop buying the product and they'll go out of business?

Maybe, I should also threaten to go to the press for seeing black bits in my golden morn.

You are absolutely right.

.....But it cant work for golden morn because you cant prove that you didn't put the black bits in the pack of the golden morn when you opened it.....

Its better you start praying to see black bits in an unopened bottled drink of any kind.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by bedford101(m): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
#chikenah
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by stineb1: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Pick up the phone and call them..

Send them a clearer picture showing the untampered bottle and its content.

Tell them you are willing to settle for an undisclosed amount of money.. NOT LESS THAN 20million NAIRA..

Get a Lawyer..

Do not ever take the bottle to them. They could simply smash it and there goes your claim.

Do not keep the bottle in your house.

When they pay you, remember my 10% agent fee.

Should they insist on seeing the bottle before settlement, take them to court.

That is a selfish advice you know!
You want him to reap where he did not sow.
I agree that he informs them so that they become more careful, Not with the intention of a Monetary gain.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Exponental(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dont let them handle it oooo. He who handles it will drop it and let it break instanta!!!!
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by NigeriaKitchen: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
AK 48: Hello fellow nairalander, no need for too much grammar.
I saw a maggot-like object inside an "unopened" amstel malta.
I think people have to be careful with the way they package their consumable product,that is why I want you to advice me on how to deal with this pipu.
This is unfortunate, and bad too. But pls don't take further action because if you do if at all you haven't opened the bottle, you will get some settlement and also end up sacking the quality control and the line manager plus those that handled the line that made this production.

And don't ask how they will know cos the nos u see drink bottles n containers are meant for tracing production time, daye, line, etc.

Just let it go, this will sure put them at alert

1 Like

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Geniustic(m): 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Whr is d maggot?
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by planetuzor(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
If they have a avery good lawyer, u will never win the case. Reference to keneth and smith brow limited case 1981
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by CORE(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ poster, while I comend the need to shout out when there is a significant adverse variance between standards and actuals especially when it has to do with ppl's health, I will advise that you verify further. It's possible someone opened the bottle, put d an object inside and close it back to embarass the brand. It has hapened before. R u even sure this is not the handiwork of a rival competitor.To d best of my knowledge. Amstel malta drink is the nation's no. 1 low sugar malk drink. I do not think any amount of demarketing technique would make other consumers stop drinking d malt drink.

In summary, pls just verify this possiblities before raising alarm.
Moreso, the picture in your post is not clear enough to support the claim

1 Like

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by tunapawizzy: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Wizee: Can u sell d soft drink 4me? Let me see it
thieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef u wan go sue them abi
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Houri(f): 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
Oh is it just maggot-like object you found? 2 years ago in just one bottle of maltina, i found a small cockroach and a wrapper of cabin biscuit. You can imagine!
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by jayriginal: 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lol.

All the people advising the OP not to open the bottle and to sue.

Seriously?

You havent opened the bottle, you suffered no harm. What are you suing for ?

What did you suffer?

Get wise.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by tunapawizzy: 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
stine b:

That is a selfish advice you know!
You want him to reap where he did not sow.
I agree that he informs them so that they become more careful, Not with the intention of a Monetary gain.
weytin dey do dis holier than thou hisssssss
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by babanne(m): 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Wizee: Can u sell d soft drink 4me? Let me see it
rememba dt threads like this are meant 4 matured minds.so find ur way now.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by davades(m): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
sexybash:
you go school so?SMBFY

@op dont play smart are you sure you did not put the maggot inside? because if they can prove that you did something funny they will sue you also just be honest with your self
you wey you go school, weren't you taught punctuation in school?
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
I think the company will be more concerned about the potential damage to their brand than any lawsuit.

They could settle you because of the bad publicity it could cause (you've already caused enough damage already).

This thread has had 8,000+ views and over the next few months, most people will tell an average of 5 people about it...and it could go on and become widespread - like how indomie kills people.

Just pity them, it's not very nice feeding on someone else's misfortune. My people talk say "awoof dey run belle".

2 Likes

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by victord1st: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
i think its gonna be a diificult one as our rights has alwy been negleted by our govt.
i will suggest that if u ever decide to get s'tin frm them go all out.
1.Get a good lawyer tht hz interest in this kind of case and negotiate a 60/40 split(i blive any longer throat lawyer will accent this) of the proceed.
2.Go undercover.tip one of their inventory staff and him to confirm if the batch no. or the bar code is a recent 1.
3.u really hav to be a trouble maker here.sue them as 1st defendant n NAFDAC as 2nd defendant(becos its their job to ensure that whatever we ingest is safwe shebi?)
3.never let go of the bottle except as evidence.and always make a video if u will ever need to hand it over to the court.
4.it might take long but prepare to enjoy ur money as it will surely come.while u re waiting go hide ursef make hired killers no waste u.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by horlatunde(m): 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
ihedioramma: LET SOME ONE GO WITH YOU TO *THERE* *HD,*OFFICE IF U *HAS* NOT OPEN IT THEY WILL PAY U SOME MONEY . TRY AND SE THE *MANIGER* DONT LET OTHERS *NO* WHY U ARE THERE.
dis is one Good example y nigeria education system is said to be very porous.... How can u write in dis manner in a 21st century...
Everything about ur grammar is worst. Poor sentences, ineffective use of punctuation etc. Bros Abeg speak Pigin english next time Abeg.....
With just 35words u Made (5)blunders..... SMH
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Penetiti(f): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
It must have been 4rm d bottle, due 2 were consumers keep them after taken d drink. And the same bottles are use 4 new drinks.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by brownlord: 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
blink182: my guy don hammer, remember me in your kingdom, go and meet a lawyer and file a case, N50m minimum compensation.

Do not be afraid of law charges, negotiate with the lawyer to receive payment after the case is won.

Just as the lawyer take tell them say, em go pay e fees for law school after em graduate, hw e no go begin run charity
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by horlatunde(m): 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
brownlord:

Just shut up as u r the one acting like proper illitrate now, so u mean, those who are not as educated as u should not join in public discussion right, yet u say this the reason nigeria is where it is today, if u for no reason just insult someone because he made a mistake which could be a typo error, i would hv bn happy if u had counter what he said if he was not on point and not his text which may be a mistake and even if not mistake, they did not say this forum is for professors only, but nigerians, and people do learn everyday here including me nd ur foolish self, so shut the Bleep and join the discussion, Mr lecturer
I see no reason y u shud be furious 4 strongly condemning dat error. It was nt suppose to have happened, if the writer had writing in pigin, and nt further damage the little image our Education have. Moreso, it will be right to say dey is a huge gap btw a mistake and an Error. Any mistake made intentionally is an Error. What that person Made can be call a deliberate or intentional Error, cause it was consistent in his/her statement.. No hard feeling here just a point of correction.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by brownlord: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
horlatunde: dis is one Good example y nigeria education system is said to be very porous.... How can u write in dis manner in a 21st century...
Everything about ur grammar is worst. Poor sentences, ineffective use of punctuation etc. Bros Abeg speak Pigin english next time Abeg.....
With just 35words u Made (5)blunders..... SMH

Another mad man, wht is ur problem bro, so what the crime someone contributing in a public discussion, must everyone be as educated as u, why dont u tink is just a typo error, do u knw hw many errors one can make typin on a fone? So if hes not priviledge to have a good education, means he shld not in anyway partake in public discussion even if hes coming here to enlightn himself, bro this an education forum, pple come here and they enlightn, stop acting like an illitrate, education does not mean, bn able to write gud english and speak good grammer, but shld also shw in behavior

1 Like

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by brownlord: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
horlatunde: I see no reason y u shud be furious 4 strongly condemning dat error. It was nt suppose to have happened, if the writer had writing in pigin, and nt further damage the little image our Education have. Moreso, it will be right to say dey is a huge gap btw a mistake and an Error. Any mistake made intentionally is an Error. What that person Made can be call a deliberate or intentional Error, cause it was consistent in his/her statement.. No hard feeling here just a point of correction.

I think pidgin is even more difficult to write, moreso, the biggest room, is the room for improvement, i grab, u trying to correct him, but make it cordial and not wif insult, no had feelings men, we all learning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol / Which Is More Economical For A Large Family / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.