Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) (26155 Views)

See What A Guy Found In Amstel Malta (photo) / Floating Object In A Soft Drink. / Have You Ever Eaten An Object In A ''mamaput'' Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by hehehedotcom(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
op i will suggest u open d drink. Drink every thing . Go to the company lay ur claim. tell them to settle u, if they refuse go to court with d evidence in or tummy they ve no choice than to settle u.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by chosen04(f): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
I WITNESSED HOW A SIMILAR CASE WITH NBC PLAYED OUT..............

Op, God has answer your prayer 2013 cross over prayers.....Its you turn to hammer.....

Get a lawyer (He doesn't even have to be too good because its a straight forward case)

Take good, clearer and coloured pictures of the drink. Attach same to the letter to be written by your lawyer.

Let the lawyer claim that even the bottle that you had before you discovered this maggot contains some objects that you suspect could be a maggot as well. That you now suffer from a disease called (find a big sounding disease and quote).

Send the letter to their office through courier and wait for them to reply. They will definitely be inviting you and your lawyer to a meeting...

Then name your price at the meeting.

Goodluck.

Before I forget, don't ever take the bottle to them or anybody until your account has being credited.......
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by basty: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hello guys,
must we sue for money?. Why can't we just erase the issue of money out of our lives.
We cannot be eating fat on other people's mistake.

1 Like

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by henchamb(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
in law its known as the principle of neighborhood with DONOGHUE VS STEVENSON as its classicus. well even in law he will lose the case because he Cant identify any damage done to you. you can sue for refund of your money (100 naira) but you cant sue under contract, damage nor any issue in law because you haven't taken the said product and hence you cant establish any harm to you. peeps know the position of the law before you thunder fire me pls.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Mamaflex(f): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hmmm cry I almost drank a pieces of bottle in a malt. It was already in my mouth when i found out. Thank God i did not swallowed it.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
money-hungry :
its called MALTA-MAGGOTA.
u should eat it after drinking d malt, it contains vitamins A-Z: and It prevents high blood pressure.
you dey craze o! grin grin grin grin
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Tstark(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
OP should just return the bottle to the shop and have it replaced. Why would you need to sue when no harm was done to you? The bottle wasnt opened so what damages are you seeking to claim? Abeg go find beta work to do and forget this pipe dream
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Akainzo(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
chosen04: I WITNESSED HOW A SIMILAR CASE WITH NBC PLAYED OUT..............

Op, God has answer your prayer 2013 cross over prayers.....Its you turn to hammer.....

Get a lawyer (He doesn't even have to be too good because its a straight forward case)

Take good, clearer and coloured pictures of the drink. Attach same to the letter to be written by your lawyer.

Let the lawyer claim that even the bottle that you had before you discovered this maggot contains some objects that you suspect could be a maggot as well. That you now suffer from a disease called (find a big sounding disease and quote).

Send the letter to their office through courier and wait for them to reply. They will definitely be inviting you and your lawyer to a meeting...

Then name your price at the meeting.

Goodluck.

Before I forget, don't ever take the bottle to them or anybody until your account has being credited.......

My guy, that is the beginning you witnessed, the ending aint gonna be as rosy as you think.
He would surely be invited, but good luck proofing that you drank a whole bottle before you now found out another was adulterated.

The general problem is proving that you suffered a loss from an unopened bottle! How do you prove that?
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Artistree: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
If you haven't opened the lid, I swear brother, u can sue for millions of naira!!! It's only bad if the lid has been tampered with.
I have personally witnessed that of Coca Cola where an end user found an object inside a Coca Cola bottle and sued for 50m.
The matter was eventually settled out-of-court and, he smiled to the bank with 10m.
Take my word, if u handle this well, u'd be a millionaire in a short while.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Jennydove: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
ihedioramma: LET SOME ONE GO WITH YOU TO THERE HD,OFFICE IF U HAS NOT OPEN IT THEY WILL PAY U SOME MONEY . TRY AND SE THE MANIGER DONT LET OTHERS NO WHY U ARE THERE.
na wetin,boy the grammer too much oo.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
basty: Hello guys,
must we sue for money?. Why can't we just erase the issue of money out of our lives.

see wetin pesin dey talk? so if you were in the poster's shoes you will simply throw the bottle away or maybe you will start praying,binding and casting demons? smh for gullible nigerians! mtscheeew! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by kheart(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Wtf, amstel malta i ll never buy again
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nasri100:

damned nation because of malt? Kai smh

haahahahahahahahahaahhhaaaa, my dear tell them, every thing is now attributed to nations corruption, some people need tyo work on their mentality.
if this is true, then the quality control of amstel malt is questionable,
@ poster
bro i wont advise you to take it too far, u can call them and let them know or write to the MD
he can compensate you with some amount and it will also help them to be more carefull next time.

they didnt do the final quality sorting before dispatch.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Uziehot(m): 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
ihedioramma: LET SOME ONE GO WITH YOU TO THERE HD,OFFICE IF U HAS NOT OPEN IT THEY WILL PAY U SOME MONEY . TRY AND SE THE MANIGER DONT LET OTHERS NO WHY U ARE THERE.
u have to show them dat u'r going to sue them 4 d their product nd u'l c wat they wil compensate u with
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by kandiikane(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
Unless, you can fake a shock/ psychological illness from the 'horror' of seeing a maggot like something in a malt you were about to drink, then you won't be paid 'millions, or tens of thousands.'

Just take it up with the company there and they'll probably refund you a small amount or something.

...But maybe nigerian law is different, you can sue for millions for an un-opened bottle of particle laden harp or a maggot like object in a bottle of malt. You can win law suit with millions even if you have not suffered any harm from it.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by tellwisdom: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Please fry the insect, make sure you garnish it--Its sold together with the drink for better nourishment sad sad
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by kandiikane(m): 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eneze1: I totally agree you should sue them, people who are saying this cant work in naija, when are we Nigerians start standing up for our right? this is an act of negligence which will be repeated if something is done, I believe there's something called quality control, doesn't it work in this Country?

Yes, it's negligence but he has not suffered any harm or loss. He just needs to go get his money back.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by mamagee3(f): 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
It's nasty!!!

Eww
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by crackhaus: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
So many opinions here on this matter, poster must be confused. Please is there anyone here with training on Civil Law/Suit? We can't just assume stuff like this & think we know exactly what we're talking about.
Poster, I suggest you contact a lawyer (they're everywhere) so you know from him/her if a case can be made from your maggot-situation, then it will be a matter of how much compensation equals your shock & disgust. (Remember, no bodily harm was done to you per say)
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by chosen04(f): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akainzo:

My guy, that is the beginning you witnessed, the ending aint gonna be as rosy as you think.
He would surely be invited, but good luck proofing that you drank a whole bottle before you now found out another was adulterated.

The general problem is prooving that you suffered a loss from an unopened bottle! How do you proove that?

I bet you that once you threaten to go to the press, this company will be oh her knees asking for an out of court settlement. Moreover, all you have to prove is that the sighting of maggot inside an unopened bottle of drink that you take regularly makes you to ''throw up'' and causes you a lot of discomfort . .. . .. .
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Olalekan0(m): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Stevenson V.Donoghue comes to mind
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Alice07: 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ op, thank GOd u haven't opened it. It was this same amstel malta i bought and felt something went down my throat. I tried to bring it back. To my surprise it was a cockroach. I called them several times to make them realize what happened. All they said was that they wld get back to me. Till today, i haven't seen them but i'm patiently waiting for that moment when they will fall into my trap again. Sue them to hell with NB
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by kandiikane(m): 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
chosen04:

I bet you that once you threaten to go to the press, this company will be oh her knees asking for an out of court settlement. Moreover, all you have to prove is that the sighting of maggot inside an unopened bottle of drink that you take regularly makes you to ''throw up''.........

Ok, if he goes to the press people will stop buying the product and they'll go out of business?

Maybe, I should also threaten to go to the press for seeing black bits in my golden morn.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by kandiikane(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Olalekan 0: Stevenson V.Donoghue comes to mind

But in steven and donoghue, she opened the beer, ate bits of the snail and fell ill and suffered shock.
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by crackhaus: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nation had nothing to do with this, its just production/packaging error. Did you hear of the KFC issue where a customer found what looked like a chicken brain in his chicken meal? Shay UK na damned nation too?

quote author=adoniza]That's really bad, what a damned nation![/quote]
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by omolarah: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Interesting...
Sue them? That's good but is that the way forward? looking at this picture, can't see the "maggot-like" object, but not doubting you.
I think, It would be mature to have send an email to the brand, through their website or facebook page. This is a health issue and for those talking about him getting money. Are u sure he bought or just saw it. How did u suffer any loss ? cant see that. its a civil case.
It's a pity most Nigerians don't know how to use the social media. What if you are wrong and the table turns and Amstel Malta sues u for defamation? Coming to Naira land that has over 500 million views per day to post an assumption like your title shows "Maggot like not Maggot" sincerely shows you don't understand what image is all about.and would Maggot survive in liquid? #just asking. Am not siding Amstel Malta but the way you handled it is appauling. Enjoy the cheap publicity while it last.

1 Like

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by pendusky(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
i be you the op is working with another malt producing company that want to spoil the amstel malt biz..and i know for sure the this topic will die off coz its not real..even now i will drink 20 bottles of it nothing happen...
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Symphony007: 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Just reminded me of when i attended a dinner party and the one guy on my table was drinking a can of grand malt. He had almost finished the drink when all of a sudden he felt something solid in his mouth and he spit it out and behold, it was a coackroach. I was utterly disgusted...p/s: whenever drinking any beverage use a cup!!!
Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by crackhaus: 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
You're very funny. The spirit of poverty is not your portion IJN! Amen!

basty: Hello guys,

Re: Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
money-hungry :
its called MALTA-MAGGOTA.
u should eat it after drinking d malt, it contains vitamins A-Z: and It prevents high blood pressure.

You gotta love nairaland cheesy cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Common Food Myths That Are Really Not True / Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics / What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Native Dish? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.