Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv (14628 Views)

Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by mysticgal(f): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2013
when they graduate the go con the venge their anger on us?
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thaoriginator: 9:44am On Jan 22, 2013
emmysenior: What is where? Where is what? How is what? Why is how? ђ☺ is what? What is ђ☺? How is ђ☺?
who are you?!

Omo see as dem be like inmates. Abeg wetin dem deh take di head of fish chop?
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 22, 2013
It was just an exaggeration,how is it possible for 50 people to share fish head,the fish head na whale head? Its done to gain sympathy. No wonder a policeman is lean,and had to use rope as belt,and the gun seems heavy to carry,and running is impossible. They are really a product of the college.

1 Like

Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Koolking(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2013
Maxymilliano:

About 50 trainees were seen sharing one head of fish.

The Deputy Commandant of the Police College, Ikeja, Jonah Mavah said current the recruits get N150 daily meal allowance.
“N50 per meal is too meager,” he said.

It does not make sense. ChannelTV is exaggerating their findings. Of course, trying to gain the sympathy of Nigerians. Come to think of it, all the allocations in each fiscal year to security, where do they go? No amount of funding will turn around the force, not until corruption among the ranks and files of the force is holistically addressed. . .we are just wasting resources.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Sammiejokes(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2013
Am not surprised at all, if you have experienced how graduates of this Nation are being treated at NYSC orientation camps, then its not a new thing seeing our future security men struggling for meal. I look at people who blame this police officers, they are the product of the society and you don't expect a man in his natural sense to defend a Nation with this kind of treatment. Why is it now that the government is seeing the dilapidated state of the Nigeria police. One thing I know is that its never late to restore the dignity of the police and the Nation in general.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Oluwaadajo(m): 9:48am On Jan 22, 2013
No hope for Nigeria.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 22, 2013
blacksta: Yet another spends 1billion to eat in a year

Did they tell you that no money was budgeted for their feeding, you should be blaming those that runs the institution because they are the ones pocketing the money.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2013
I'm getting embarrassed by this issue getting to the public again. The first video about the dilapidated infrastructure is enough for necessary actions to be taken, we should stop washing our dirty linen in public
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by akunjohn(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2013
Lawd of mercy,no be garri dem dey share so?,se una knw how many pple dey see dis around d world?,
sometimes im even ashame of being a nigerian
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Na food dey send dem go chop 4 there??
common sense is not common.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by IYANGBALI: 10:17am On Jan 22, 2013
No wonder they are what they are in the country,ROGUES.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by PetroDollas: 10:17am On Jan 22, 2013
LOL saw d sh1t on tv last week n I was like whack a fvck!see some miserable looking eba in a bucket with some watery 'soup' n a small fish head.funny d way they were sharing d fish head!naija we hail oo! come n see how we pamper our policemen in GH!
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by PetroDollas: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2013
koastar: I'm getting embarrassed by this issue getting to the public again. The first video about the dilapidated infrastructure is enough, we should stop washing our dirty linen in public
Too late.I don watch am already in Accra.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2013
N150 meal subsidy per head. Even N300 is for one plate of food in town.

What kind of food can N50 buy Jonathan needs to sentence some people by hanging upside down.

1 Like

Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ojinku(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2013
That's why after the training one person eats 50 fish heads after exploiting the poor masses. SMH
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Revolva(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2013
50 what Even for kirikiri prison 5 people never share a full fish...lies jare ..exagerration!!!
But all I know that's the police college is another version of a secondary school hostel and its a big shame to the nation - no be tafa balogun thief money one time!!! Wetin dem do am!!! Nothing
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by laodedRay(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2013
na who giv dem d fish head? na bros-J ego bi jare, na only hin fish dey multiply ........ehen na how many loaf of eba dem use am swallow? ;
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by cyril83(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju: NYSC Nko?!

I so regret not covering my NYSC Camp in detail when I had the chance. Thats why many students from wealthy background pay the officials and stay away!
what happened to NYSC bros?...anywayz may be you are one of those pple who normally queue @ the kitchen for food but as for me i enjoyed to the fullest,infact my camp was awesome
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Niftyrules(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Na food dey send dem go chop 4 there??
i wish i know your age for this one wey u talk mr yungwizzy, tell me how can someone be camped somewhere for so many months if not years self without food. U better watch it.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by paparazzi1987(m): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju: NYSC Nko?!

I so regret not covering my NYSC Camp in detail when I had the chance. Thats why many students from wealthy background pay the officials and stay away!

Guy I really feel you joor!.I served in Ogun state,and it is said that Ogun state orientation camp is one of the best camp in Nigeria.
I agreed but things are not really what it seems to be.There you have to queue if you want to :Take a Bath,Fetch water,Wash clothes,collect you meal,etc..
Most importantly,the meals there are not encouraging, it is only those with enough cash that will bone the meal and head to mammy market.
The meals are constant and disgusting:
Morning - Pap+akara or Bread+hot water
Afternoon - White rice or konkotion
Evening - Eba,fufu,or amalar
sad sad
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by deletrue: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2013
take dat: Ma'm, the squalid conditions those trainees dwell is real but that of 50 trainees sharing a fish head was exaggerated. There seem to be a connivance between top officers who invited Channels tv and the trainees to paint a gloomy picture!
Brother, don't mind channel. Are they near fairness if one should judge them? Have they forgotten what happened to Dejie, that powerful reporter who was sent parking for insignificant reasons. How on earth can 50 people share a fish head! Rubbish. Na make me dey tire for nigerians. They will always over do things.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Okijajuju1(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2013
cyril83: what happened to NYSC bros?...anywayz may be you are one of those pple who normally queue @ the kitchen for food but as for me i enjoyed to the fullest,infact my camp was awesome

[b]Bros...

Make we no brag here, but I thank God say my Papa get money scatter. I no chop 1 day from NYSC kitchen. Infact, my food was specially catered for by a lady who brought me dinner everyday from outside camp!! I groove my NYSC days pass anybody!!

HOWEVER!!!! Because say me and you get money to chop outside of Camp no mean say others get money. My bunk mate used to go queue up for his ration 3 times a day. I was a Platoon leader and saw first hand the rubbish that my platoon ate for three weeks. Everytime I dished food for my mates, my heart broke especially when I see some corp memebers struggling for that nonsense that I wouldnt even feed my Dog at home. The meat inside the food were the size of a Knorr cude. The Morning tea they served corpers looked like muddy water. Lets nottalk about the materass that was given to us in camp. I had to go buy a proper materass from outside camp. Our toilet looked exactly like the one Channels showed on the Police college. Thank god for my street credibility. I defeacated in the bushes for 3 fhucking weeks in camp. Lets not even talk about medical facility. If a snake had bitten any corp member in Camp, na die sure pass. O should we also talk about the NYSC kit?! As soon as I wore my NYSC issue trousers, it tore all the way down. Its no wonder Tailors and fabric sellers come to camp and sew Kit for the Corpers like us wey fit afford am and amend for those wey no get money to buy new kit. My NYSC issued Jungle boots tore my thick wooly socks. Thank god I brought my Military spec jungle boots to camp. The only problem was that it was green, but the Army guys didnt seem to mind and the NYSC officials yurned a blind eye to me because they thought I was a Senators child. NYSC cant even buy simple BYC round neck shirts for corpers.. Some peoples shirt tore upon first wash..

Abeg if your camp was in Lagos or Abuja, then this post is not for you.. I'm talking about those who served in the many Hellholes called NYSC Camps in Nigeria.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2013
Koolking:

It does not make sense. ChannelTV is exaggerating their findings. Of course, trying to gain the sympathy of Nigerians. Come to think of it, all the allocations in each fiscal year to security, where do they go? No amount of funding will turn around the force, not until corruption among the ranks and files of the force is holistically addressed. . .we are just wasting resources.

271 million is shared as capital budget for over 10 police colleges in Nigeria. Go figure.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thelastPope(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2013
After blaming government and police officials, I have to sincerely also blame Nigerians generally. Someone is saying NYSC camp is bad and I have to ask myself why university graduates in their thousands cannot stand up for their rights! Where is NANS! Government all over the world will under perform if they know the citizens don't care, including the United States of America! In fact, that was the case of the US in the 30s when the gangs ruled. Tell me why 10000 youth corpers cannot do a no work, sit on the ground protest until things change in their camp? I can even understand the case of the police cadets because you cannot protest in the military, especially when you have not even being confirmed. But the attitude of Nigerians has to change really. We dnt all have to gather in a large open field before we can change things!
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by OmerianConsult: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2013
We are wasting time. 200 thieves should b sharing 1 cup of beans in Kirikiri by now.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Bros...

Make we no brag here, but I thank God say my Papa get money scatter. I no chop 1 day from NYSC kitchen. Infact, my food was specially catered for by a lady who brought me dinner everyday from outside camp!! I groove my NYSC days pass anybody!!

HOWEVER!!!! Because say me and you get money to chop outside of Camp no mean say others get money. My bunk mate used to go queue up for his ration 3 times a day. I was a Platoon leader and saw first hand the rubbish that my platoon ate for three weeks. Everytime I dished food for my mates, my heart broke especially when I see some corp memebers struggling for that nonsense that I wouldnt even feed my Dog at home. The meat inside the food were the size of a Knorr cude. The Morning tea they served corpers looked like muddy water. Lets nottalk about the materass that was given to us in camp. I had to go buy a proper materass from outside camp. Our toilet looked exactly like the one Channels showed on the Police college. Thank god for my street credibility. I defeacated in the bushes for 3 fhucking weeks in camp. Lets not even talk about medical facility. If a snake had bitten any corp member in Camp, na die sure pass. O should we also talk about the NYSC kit?! As soon as I wore my NYSC issue trousers, it tore all the way down. Its no wonder Tailors and fabric sellers come to camp and sew Kit for the Corpers like us wey fit afford am and amend for those wey no get money to buy new kit. My NYSC issued Jungle boots tore my thick wooly socks. Thank god I brought my Military spec jungle boots to camp. The only problem was that it was green, but the Army guys didnt seem to mind and the NYSC officials yurned a blind eye to me because they thought I was a Senators child. NYSC cant even buy simple BYC round neck shirts for corpers.. Some peoples shirt tore upon first wash..

Abeg if your camp was in Lagos or Abuja, then this post is not for you.. I'm talking about those who served in the many Hellholes called NYSC Camps in Nigeria.. [/b]

I agree. My camp was in the north, and it was a hellhole. I refused to eat the crap they were serving at camp too. Had to use my street cred to defecate in the bush too. WTF.

My only lovely memory of camp is one lovely fellow corper girl (camp romance)like dat.Choi! grin
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by mavo51: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2013
iwen will dis suffering end n naij cry
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by romzey(m): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2013
Haba!!! 5 kids can not share the head of a fish, talk more of 50 adults. It's understandable if they use it to cook d meal but sharing! Na how many bone even dey dat head sef? shocked
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by TableLeg(m): 11:12am On Jan 22, 2013
Pathetic ...
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope: After blaming government and police officials, I have to sincerely also blame Nigerians generally. Someone is saying NYSC camp is bad and I have to ask myself why university graduates in their thousands cannot stand up for their rights! Where is NANS! Government all over the world will under perform if they know the citizens don't care, including the United States of America! In fact, that was the case of the US in the 30s when the gangs ruled. Tell me why 10000 youth corpers cannot do a no work, sit on the ground protest until things change in their camp? I can even understand the case of the police cadets because you cannot protest in the military, especially when you have not even being confirmed. But the attitude of Nigerians has to change really. We dnt all have to gather in a large open field before we can change things!

Good question. NANS used to be a radical social movement in the 80s. Most civil society leaders today and labour leaders were former Student Union activists. The truth is that the people have been so violated and pauperized that the average Nigerian is just looking for who will rescue him/her from poverty. NANS is now an organization that collects handouts from government officials.

Most corpers would revolt if they had to stay in such squalor for long periods. The attitude is that it is 'just three weeks'. They just want to get it over with and move on with their lives.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Symphony007: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2013
blacksta: Yet another spends 1billion to eat in a year
stop this stale and factually incorrect statement, it's annoying.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by adahib: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2013
for y'all saying that channels tv exaggerated about the "50 people per fish head" info,don't be so quick to write it off as false.i was lucky to watch it on channels 10pm news sometime last week.you could see a bunch of guys gathering around a plastic bucket containing some watered-down melon soup and a single fish head attached to a piece of the body.the group leader was seen taking snippets off the body and giving it to each group memeber.it was a completely appalling sight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Stephen Keshi / Ohanaeze, Afenifere, ACF Disagree Over Civilian JTF’s Recruitment Into Army / Anambra Will Not Obey Sit-at-home Orders – Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.