Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland (14091 Views)

Lawan To Uwais: 'Your reaction to our comment is baseless’ / Osinbajo Told Baseless Lies Against Gej And Saraki. Because Of Immunity As Vp / Disregard Baseless Rumours About Buhari's Death - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:10am On Jun 21, 2017
Baseless lie about property in Igboland

By Azuka Onwuka

There is a baseless lie many Northerners and Southwesterners have repeated for long that they now believe it to be true, and they have continued to pass it on to their children. That blatant lie is that the reason they don't have much property or businesses in Igboland like the Igbos have in other parts of the country is because Igbos don't sell property to them or rent shops to them.

The Arewa Youths repeated that lie in their letter to the Acting President thus:

"And since the Igbo have virtually infiltrated every nook and cranny of Northern Nigeria where they have been received with open arms as fellow compatriots, we strongly believe that the region is no longer safe and secure in the light of the unfolding threats and the fact that for a long time, the Igbo have gone to extra ordinary lengths to ensure that in their domain in the South East, Northerners and Westerners are as much as possible disenfranchised from owning any businesses whereas in Kano alone, they own not less than 100,000 shops across all the business districts."

I have thrown a challenge many times on this but nobody took up my challenge. I made myself available to help anybody buy property in Nnewi and give that person a signed promise that nothing will ever happen to that property and also make my children take over that pledge when I am gone. Mind you, a storey building sells for as much as N200 million in some parts of Nnewi. So don't think it is some place where nobody wants to buy from.

The simple question to ask those who make this baseless claim is, if Igbos don't sell property to them, don't Edos, Efiks, Ijaws, Ur hobos, etc in the South-South sell to them too? How many lands and shops do Northerners and Westerners own in Calabar or Benin or Uyo or Warri, etc?

How much property and stationary businesses do Northerners own in the Southwest outside Lagos (former capital)?

How much property and businesses do Yorubas own in the North outside Abuja?

So what is the reason for that?

I have urged some Hausas and Yorubas in Nnewi to buy property but some of them smiled knowingly and kept quiet, while some told me plainly that they can't take such a risk with the way things are in Nigeria.

The problem is simply fear of the unknown. Most Nigerians - minus the Igbos - have this fear that there will still be trouble in future. So they go into any state outside their region with a bag to do their business and leave when they are done. Many don't even go with their wife and children for fear of the unknown. They believe that it is only the former FCT (Lagos) or present FCT (Abuja) that is less risky to invest in.

Most people don't understand what drives Igbos in their business and investment decisions. Igbos don't buy property in other parts of Nigeria because of any special treatment given to them by their hosts. They buy property in spite of all that goes with property and the risk involved. They lose their money to fraudsters and omonile regularly in the Southwest. They lose their property to government demolition of property. Yet they invest in property because they see property as a profitable investment, and they hate to continue to be tenants forever. An Igbo man wants to be his own master (landlord) as quickly as possible.

Igbos have lost their property and businesses to burning, destruction and looting repeatedly in riots in the North. They have even been killed repeatedly. Yet they return to rebuild.

A few years after the abandoned property saga in Port Harcourt, Igbos returned to Port Harcourt and began buying property again like crazy. Even when they are warned of the possibility of a repeat of 1970, they still go ahead to invest in property.

Obasanjo has had some land in Enugu since the 1970s when he was head of state. He has not developed the land till today. Buhari said in his asset declaration that he has some land in Port Harcourt (probably given to him free of charge). He doesn't even know where the land is, not to talk of developing it. Yet these are heads of state who fought for the unity of this nation and are always talking about one Nigeria and need to believe in Nigeria. Yet they don't even have faith in investing outside their regions or FCT.

Igbos believe that crisis and loss will not make one not to make an investment decision. Their thinking is: "What if I don't invest and nothing happens eventually to the businesses or property around? Will I bring back the hand of the clock? But even if I invest and it is lost, life goes on. Life is a risk."

It sounds like a crazy way to think but that is how they are. No other Nigerian ethnic group thinks like this. That is why some people who don't travel assume that the reason Igbos live in large numbers in other ethnic groups and even return to places where they are killed is because Igboland is not developed. Even if you have never travelled to Igboland, please Google the CBN report of the six states that control 90% cash transactions in Nigeria.

The simple reality is that Igbos are wierd risk takers when it comes to business and investment. Other ethnic groups don't have such a trait. People are different.

The reason we do these intermittent interventions is to ensure that things are put in their right perspective, for those who care for the truth; for it was such falsehood that was spread in 1966 and used as a justification for the genocide against the Igbos that year.

Shops are available in Igboland, if you have the money and have the thick skin to compete. Land is available for purchase in all parts of Igboland, if you have the money. Igbos are business-oriented. They sell or rent their property to the highest bidder. And once the transaction is done, it is done. No stories.

Just keeping the record straight

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

This is a very educative thread.. make it reach the promise Land please

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:19am On Jun 21, 2017
LOL this your tales are for people who have no knowledge of history..... you Igbo people connive and loot the shops of non Igbo rendering them bankrupt. I believe that's what you meant by thick skin to compete.

We Yoruba have not forgotten how you murdered the Oshogbo major spare parts dealer which resulted in you being forbidden from selling car spare parts in Oshogbo till today and tomorrow. That is your meaning of thick skin to compete....

..... Obasanjo having a piece of land in Biafra is symbolic... After all he CONQUERED​ Biafra. But it should worry you that he chose not to develop it at all....

Meanwhile no sane Yoruba man can ever think of investing in Igbo land....not one.... Not yesterday..today or ever. We will rather invest in the North... Yes the north and south south.

You mentioned portharcourt ...the garden city is NOT Igbo land...never has been and never will be... In Nigeria of today we can show you what Igbo have been allowed to have in all states especially in the West ...

I dare you to show us pictorially​ the properties of all other tribes Hausa Fulani, Yoruba, ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo, ikwerre, igala, Tiv, jukun, igala and idoma properties in all Igbo state capitals. You lot are simply intolerant...

Don't create stupid threads next time... For I will be more prepared to expose your lies...at all times.

80 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Abumtestimony1: 5:22am On Jun 21, 2017
True insightful write up.

18 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by BabaRamota1980: 5:25am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
Baseless lie about property in Igboland

By Azuka Onwuka

There is a baseless lie many Northerners and Southwesterners have repeated for long that they now believe it to be true, and they have continued to pass it on to their children. That blatant lie is that the reason they don't have much property or businesses in Igboland like the Igbos have in other parts of the country is because Igbos don't sell property to them or rent shops to them.

The Arewa Youths repeated that lie in their letter to the Acting President thus:

"And since the Igbo have virtually infiltrated every nook and cranny of Northern Nigeria where they have been received with open arms as fellow compatriots, we strongly believe that the region is no longer safe and secure in the light of the unfolding threats and the fact that for a long time, the Igbo have gone to extra ordinary lengths to ensure that in their domain in the South East, Northerners and Westerners are as much as possible disenfranchised from owning any businesses whereas in Kano alone, they own not less than 100,000 shops across all the business districts."

I have thrown a challenge many times on this but nobody took up my challenge. I made myself available to help anybody buy property in Nnewi and give that person a signed promise that nothing will ever happen to that property and also make my children take over that pledge when I am gone. Mind you, a storey building sells for as much as N200 million in some parts of Nnewi. So don't think it is some place where nobody wants to buy from.

The simple question to ask those who make this baseless claim is, if Igbos don't sell property to them, don't Edos, Efiks, Ijaws, Ur hobos, etc in the South-South sell to them too? How many lands and shops do Northerners and Westerners own in Calabar or Benin or Uyo or Warri, etc?

How much property and stationary businesses do Northerners own in the Southwest outside Lagos (former capital)?

How much property and businesses do Yorubas own in the North outside Abuja?

So what is the reason for that?

I have urged some Hausas and Yorubas in Nnewi to buy property but some of them smiled knowingly and kept quiet, while some told me plainly that they can't take such a risk with the way things are in Nigeria.

The problem is simply fear of the unknown. Most Nigerians - minus the Igbos - have this fear that there will still be trouble in future. So they go into any state outside their region with a bag to do their business and leave when they are done. Many don't even go with their wife and children for fear of the unknown. They believe that it is only the former FCT (Lagos) or present FCT (Abuja) that is less risky to invest in.

Most people don't understand what drives Igbos in their business and investment decisions. Igbos don't buy property in other parts of Nigeria because of any special treatment given to them by their hosts. They buy property in spite of all that goes with property and the risk involved. They lose their money to fraudsters and omonile regularly in the Southwest. They lose their property to government demolition of property. Yet they invest in property because they see property as a profitable investment, and they hate to continue to be tenants forever. An Igbo man wants to be his own master (landlord) as quickly as possible.

Igbos have lost their property and businesses to burning, destruction and looting repeatedly in riots in the North. They have even been killed repeatedly. Yet they return to rebuild.

A few years after the abandoned property saga in Port Harcourt, Igbos returned to Port Harcourt and began buying property again like crazy. Even when they are warned of the possibility of a repeat of 1970, they still go ahead to invest in property.

Obasanjo has had some land in Enugu since the 1970s when he was head of state. He has not developed the land till today. Buhari said in his asset declaration that he has some land in Port Harcourt (probably given to him free of charge). He doesn't even know where the land is, not to talk of developing it. Yet these are heads of state who fought for the unity of this nation and are always talking about one Nigeria and need to believe in Nigeria. Yet they don't even have faith in investing outside their regions or FCT.

Igbos believe that crisis and loss will not make one not to make an investment decision. Their thinking is: "What if I don't invest and nothing happens eventually to the businesses or property around? Will I bring back the hand of the clock? But even if I invest and it is lost, life goes on. Life is a risk."

It sounds like a crazy way to think but that is how they are. No other Nigerian ethnic group thinks like this. That is why some people who don't travel assume that the reason Igbos live in large numbers in other ethnic groups and even return to places where they are killed is because Igboland is not developed. Even if you have never travelled to Igboland, please Google the CBN report of the six states that control 90% cash transactions in Nigeria.

The simple reality is that Igbos are wierd risk takers when it comes to business and investment. Other ethnic groups don't have such a trait. People are different.

The reason we do these intermittent interventions is to ensure that things are put in their right perspective, for those who care for the truth; for it was such falsehood that was spread in 1966 and used as a justification for the genocide against the Igbos that year.

Shops are available in Igboland, if you have the money and have the thick skin to compete. Land is available for purchase in all parts of Igboland, if you have the money. Igbos are business-oriented. They sell or rent their property to the highest bidder. And once the transaction is done, it is done. No stories.

Just keeping the record straight.

How many times has any Westerner declared a Ibo or Hausa a non entity and put a ban on any of you the way Ibo declare Yoruba leaders as enemies and ban them from entering your domain? Has any Ibo leader ever spoken up against the hatred? NO. If you declare our leaders enrmies and ban them ftom entering alaibo then you have declared enmity and ban on our people generally.

You declared Ambode a ndigbo enemy #1 and banned him from coming to SE.

You declared Aregbesola a non entity and stopped him from moving around when he visited SE.

You declared Kumuyi a non entity and put word out to kill him if he showed up.

Heck...you even threated the President, Buhari that he will be killed if he entered SE as he was planning to do few months ago.

Get out of here with your attempt to save face

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Kondomatic(m): 5:26am On Jun 21, 2017
The problem isn't fear of the unknown, the problem is that Northerners knew from day one that Nigeria won't last. They're wise. It is clearly clear from all indication that it's the Southerners that force one Nigeria on northerners.

Only few of them built houses outside their state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Kondomatic(m): 5:27am On Jun 21, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

How many times has any Westerner declared a Ibo or Hausa a non entity and put a ban on any of you the way Ibo declare Yoruba leaders as enemies and ban them from entering your domain? Has any Ibo leader ever spoken up against the hatred? NO. If you declare our leaders enrmies and ban them ftom entering alaibo then you have declared enmity and ban on our people generally.

You declared Aregbesola a non entity and stopped him from moving around when he visited SE.

Heck...you even threated the President, Buhari that he will be killed if he entered SE as he was planning to do few months ago.

The same Buhari that was given a title and a name in Igbo Land?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Let's make an informed and intelligent argument strictly based on this issue I've raised here alone.. all other issues would be addressed one after another.. trust me Fams..

This thread is not meant for the unintelligent and the bigoted minds.. so no name calling or ethic bashing here pls..

Only intelligent argument I repeat!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:35am On Jun 21, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Let's make an informed and intelligent argument strictly based on this issue I've raised here alone.. all other issues would be addressed one after another.. trust me Fams..

This thread is not meant for the unintelligent and the bigoted minds.. so no name calling or ethic bashing here pls..

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:36am On Jun 21, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Are you minding the comedian... I think we should really teach our children deep history... because of falsehood peddlers​ like this op.

34 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by BabaRamota1980: 5:38am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:

Get out of here dude!

You are hostile to others....how do you expect them to bring investment to you?

Fix that fundamental first, build bridges...and the traffic will come.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by galadima77(m): 5:40am On Jun 21, 2017
No time for all these

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:45am On Jun 21, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Get out of here dude!

You are hostile to others....how do you expect them to bring investment to you?

Fix that fundamental first, build bridges...and the traffic will come.
how many properties does the yorubas own in the non-hostile north and other parts of the country?? That's exactly my point Bro..

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by whitebeard(m): 5:45am On Jun 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
The problem isn't fear of the unknown, the problem is that Northerners knew from day one that Nigeria won't last. They're wise. It is clearly clear from all indication that it's the Southerners that force one Nigeria on northerners.

Only few of them built houses outside their state.
OFF POINT..!
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:47am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
how many properties does the yorubas own in the non-hostile north and other parts of the country?? That's exactly my point Bro..
Yorubas have properties in the North. Don't be deceived.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:48am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
I've raised a very issue about lie peddling against the Igbos bro.. it's a very serious issue to me particularly​..

We will never invest in igbo land qed

9 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:51am On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:

We will never invest in igbo land qed
it's ok if u don't invest in igboland for other reasons best to u. But it's not ok if u peddle lies that we don't wanna let in buy our lands or rent our shops..

U get my point?

39 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by whitebeard(m): 5:52am On Jun 21, 2017
Igbo Christians and Catholics, how will they worship, will they even have a chance at Biafra government, KANU is a Jew who banned Christian leaders and Catholic priest from entering Biafra. He ruined his state before creating it. Anyways as for e Igbo's don't know how to tolerate, pls computer village if not all majority are Igbo's, yet they say we are parasites, we open our borders for them to enter, despite the insults, we still let them do business, we no try, what else do u want again.?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:52am On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:

Yorubas have properties in the North. Don't be deceived.
really? I think you're the one deceiving me now

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:53am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
it's ok if u don't invest in igboland for other reasons best to u. But it's not ok if u peddle lies that we don't wanna let in buy our lands or rent our shops..

U get my point?
It is no lie. And stop quoting me unless you really have​something new to say... like showing me the pictures of Yoruba properties in Igbo land!

4 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:53am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
really? I think you're the one deceiving me now
Unlike you we don't make noises upandan.

6 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:54am On Jun 21, 2017
whitebeard:
Igbo Christians and Catholics, how will they worship, will they even have a chance at Biafra government, KANU is a Jew who banned Christian leaders and Catholic priest from entering Biafra. He ruined his state before creating it. Anyways as for e Igbo's don't know how to tolerate, pls computer village if not all majority are Igbo's, yet they say we are parasites, we open our borders for them to enter, despite the insults, we still let them do business, we no try, what else do u want again.?
On point. They are intolerant absolutely.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by whitebeard(m): 5:55am On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:

Unlike you we don't make noises upandan.
period, if the SW is facing difficulties she won't start blaming the government, she finds solution to her problems.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by BabaRamota1980: 5:56am On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:

Im surprised to hear Ibo declare North a non hostile region. Very surprised! Anything just to win points eh? ....and you call it intelligent discussion.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by smellingmenses: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2017
whitebeard:
period, if the SW is facing difficulties she won't start blaming the government, she finds solution to her problems.
Exactly. Meanwhile they ruined our regional government system through the evil coup and completed it through Ironsi ... Now Nigeria is stuck. They are now talking about Biafra. No way we're in this together... No escaping from their creation!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by xnsandrxns: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2017
How will a sane person leave his land and go to iboland when all the ibos themselves are running away from home
They are the most hateful tribe in Nigeria and everybody is wary of being among them
And besides we don't do urban-rural migration

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:58am On Jun 21, 2017
whitebeard:
that's outta point bro.. I'm not here to talk about Biafra.. I'm Igbo but wether or not I'm in support of Biafra is a discussion for another day!!

Let's talk about this particular point and clear urself of this millennial lies..

5 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by vanunu: 5:59am On Jun 21, 2017
The OP is asking why Northerners and Yoruba's have refused to buy properties in places like Calabar, Warri and Port Harcourt, are these places also in Igbo land. There is nothing like unity in Nigeria, one Nigeria is simply because of oil.

35 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Full Transcript Of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu On 63rd Independence Celebration / Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street / Ambode Confirms Justice Opeyemi As Chief Judge Of Lagos State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.