Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures (29105 Views)

Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre / UNIABUJA Male Student Allegedlly Wanking While Peeping Into Female Hostel / LUTH Medical School Female Hostel Idi Araba, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Eneze1(f): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2013
This looks bad
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 22, 2013
All the girls there must be living with STD and other infections. Don't ask how I diagonised them cox I made use of eye appraisal techniique
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by AVWENAGHA: 9:53am On Jan 22, 2013
They said the world was to end dec last year. It could have ended with one mighty astreiod that was moving toward planet earth which could have destroyed the earth but luckily for us it was diverted with one kick from one ukuwrere ese. The issue with him is that 'he does not show off.'
and that too is wisdom
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by ypzilanti: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2013
I advise NLders to please keep posting pictures of such things in government institutions. In some cases important institutions are underfunded, while in other cases the funds are embezzled by the governing officials. In all cases, we should not just sit back and agree to be treated like animals. Maybe when the President and Legislators see for themselves, they will be shamed or embarrassed into action. You deserve better.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by thelastPope(m): 10:18am On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The same students voted for Jonathan in 2011,so let them enjoy the fresh air.Nigerians deserve the leaders they have cuz they refuse to vote wisely at the polls.your vote is your power,use it wisely !

I attended universities in the 90s and our hostel was worse than that! Address a problem instead of turning it into a political campaign. Did the hostel become like that after Jonathan became president? The reason things like this will not change is because people like you turn it into a partisan issue. That is exactly what derailed the last subsidy protest.

5 Likes

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Bokoharam: 10:26am On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The same students voted for Jonathan in 2011,so let them enjoy the fresh air.Nigerians deserve the leaders they have cuz they refuse to vote wisely at the polls.your vote is your power,use it wisely !

I hate it when people divert and pervert critical issues in a bid to score cheap political points.

Could the decay and damage in this (and other similar institutions) have started in 2011 when Goodluck Jonathan became president? For goodness sake, does this building look like what was built or last maintained in 2010? I am not saying that GEJ is the best, but how could the deterioration and lack of maintenance of those facilities be traced to the election of Jonathan. I think all these are springing up because GEJ gave an enabling environ ment (FOI Act etc) to let people say their minds, as opposed to OBJ or IBB's see-no-evil, say-no-evil approach. We should learn to give people credit in the little they are good at.

2 Likes

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2013
rafhell: jeez

It is like that in every sector in Nigeria. Once attended a bank training and i was wishing to go home because of the squatting conditions. Nigeria is a small hell.

Medical school ? Whew!
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You are sounding soo Stu.p1d this morning. So GEJ is the head of the medical school

Go get a brain if yours is on recess... We say our leaders are corrupt but a Professor or a Doctorate degree holder is running that school and stuffing careless/excess cash into his pocket un-accounted for.

4 Likes

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by smartmom(f): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2013
This explains why parents send their kids to the decent private universities and bear the crap they dish out to them. How could one study in this kind of environment?
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by chelseabmw(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2013
MEDICAL SCHOOL BE LIKE PUBLIC TOILET
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 22, 2013
iviuche4me: Fashola is working lol

Dont mind bigots, some are blaming GEJ because the university is situated inside Aso rock.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by ballabriggs: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2013
Please note that the problem did not start with GEJ. However, we brought him in to solve these problems not fully but partly.

But what we have is a leader that prioritizes private jets above educational facilities. A leader that prioritizes food for dogs in Aso Villa above how students live in Nigeria. A leader that prioritizes Sambo's guest house of N11 billion above our high value institutions.

Above all a leader that has vamoosed with N7 trillion under two years. So he is a part of the problem as he is not solving but adding to it.

2 Likes

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by eyzeberg: 10:41am On Jan 22, 2013
Reminds of H block in Unilorin. Thank God I survised.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2013
ballabriggs: Please note that the problem did not start with GEJ. However, we brought him in to solve these problems not fully but partly.

But what we have is a leader that prioritizes private jets above educational facilities. A leader that prioritizes food for dogs in Aso Villa above how students live in Nigeria. A leader that prioritizes Sambo's guest house of N11 billion above our high value institutions.

Above all a leader that has vamoosed with N7 trillion under two years. So he is a part of the problem as he is not solving but adding to it.

Nobody is defending GEJ, his priorities are most times distorted. He once didnt have shoes but today 1billion is small for his feeding in one year.

This is actually the behaviour of all Nigerians. That is what our leaders represent, they are from among us, they forget their roots once they get there. But i dont see how a delapidated hostel with a Rector/V.C. and dean of students affairs will start attrcting GEJ's blame. Even in sectors with excess budgetary allocations, what we see is embezzlement by government officials who should utilize these funds for the common man.

The problem is, how do we change this mindset of public funds embezzlement
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Reyspin(m): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2013
That one small...If I post my hostel for Yabatech...Moshood Abiola Hall aka Hollywood for here, most of una go loose una appetite sharp sharp.. Nigeria we can build but no maintenance culture, and the users/student/cadets don't see our public properties as their National Treasure...
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Reyspin(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2013
okpara ugo:

Nobody is defending GEJ, his priorities are most times distorted. He once didnt have shoes but today 1billion is small for his feeding in one year.

This is actually the behaviour of all Nigerians. That is what our leaders represent, they are from among us, they forget their roots once they get there. But i dont see how a delapidated hostel with a Rector/V.C. and dean of students affairs will start attrcting GEJ's blame. Even in sectors with excess budgetary allocations, what we see is embezzlement by government officials who should utilize these funds for the common man.

Yes ooo.. There is a great disconnect between our Leaders and their roots..even the ones with humble beginning... We all come here to criticize but when given the chance to Govern/lead we go do like say we no even know the plight of the masses...
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by ballabriggs: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2013
okpara ugo:

You need a change programme initiated and driven by leadership. Jona has one called "transformation" which is only by mouth. As a leader you can't drive change when you have not set the right tone at the top. The tone at the top in Nigeria is one of roguery, thievery, brigandage, fraud and criminality. Is one where Alams a convict makes decisions at Aso Villa. No one will take such a change manager seriously. And that is why he is a part of the problem.

He has not set the right tone to be cascaded down through the country. We know he is a mediocre and we can't take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria itself is rotten. Na 1 person de chop the money that was supposed to use to rebuild/maintain that place. Don't tell me that there is no budget for such places.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by nlofficial(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2013
Are the students of LUTH there to improve and save lives or to contract diseases?

Na wa ooo.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by TableLeg(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2013
Pure filth, scum and nastiness ... SMH
I nearly puked on my computer by just looking at those pictures?!
God forbid i will never come in contact with such filth and dirt crap, ever in my life!
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by doctokwus: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2013
As bad as d pics look,it may interest pple to know dat dat hostel is bliss compared to d horrifying squalor seen in other hostels.Some student hostels in some universities,bliv it or not, do actually av d toilets overflowing wt excreta for days& students av to navigate thru dis,den cover d toilet bowl wt layers of tissue or evn paper b4 doing their own stuff.If environmental standards alone were to b d criteria for university standards,almost all public universities wud b closed!

1 Like

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by patostation(m): 11:37am On Jan 22, 2013
In my own time, we used to wake up and see the "shit" in the WC grow like a small mountain angry For you to use the toilet, you will have to climb the WC cry. Some days, it is even worse. On such bad days, you will have to use the Porters' pestle to pound/push 'the poo mountain' down the pipe before you could climb and ease yourself. You need to see the faces of the porters when they are cleaning the area. Their expression conveys an un-uttered "I hate this job" or "I hate these rich men children messing up the whole place" etc grin. I used to feel for them because they must literally push those mountains of human waste down the drain each day. And to compound the situation, water does not run all the time. My school is a federal university too.

1 Like

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Engineer1985(m): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2013
Thats Nigeria 4 u!
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by kaeto(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

you always come across thick and naughty. Really really DAFT! GEJ this,GEJ that and you on the other thread played obj's saintly tantrums on your flaky tribal chest, obj your saint and hero, but same laid the very foundation for corruption and negligence in public service, pukes! FYI, funds are regularly disbursed by the FG, via the various parastatals that runs the education sector! Federal universities inclusive! LUTH inclusive! Deal with it!
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by mithel(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2013
try oau, most specifically Self help Awo hall, cry cry
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Arosa(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2013
The decay I see in this picture is the result of poor management. Whoever is in charge of this filth should be sacked. I think it wouldn't take much to renovate these hostels; repainting and replacing a few doors would do the trick. Plus the tiles should be washed with bleach.

1 Like

Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by 1025: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
this is a symbol of pdp. no wonder our rulers travel to other countries for medical attention. very soon, we will let them have a taste of what we have been suffering.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by calcal: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
can someone confirm the present of running water!
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by Akanniade(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
why now? The schools have always been like this. Its a nigerian thing. The toilet in many homes are worse, yet you see the occupants in flashy cars.
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by TeenageMoney(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lol
Re: Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures by phineas: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
And wat has the goverment of his excellency president GEJ got to do with this?much as I,m a pro buhari advocate,ill be sincere and put the blame @ the foot of the school management.Luth as a whole is not maintained by their admnistration.Compare luth and UCH and see the diff by far,With internally generated revenue and donations from alumni and others,the administration of UCH has continually maintained and embarked on new projects with no government input.compare their student hostels the diff is wide.one man per room free internet services,tv subscription and other things to make their system conducive,with regular maintainance culture.compare with lasuth where their rooms have ac's and well furnished.so to see any institution falling apart and blame it on GEJ is failing to take responsibilty by in this case,the students and the school authorities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Meets Governor El-Rufai (Photos) / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.