Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (31788 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by lond07: 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

If you did not come in defence of your religion who else will represent you.

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.

It does not matter who arrived there first. What matters is the laws of the state that restricts what structure is allowed in areas designated as residential and laws regulating level of noise pollution. The church may have been there a thousand years ago, the woman coming in yesterday will still have the judgement in her favour.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by peace3: 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
fastlane84:

U well? Hv u ever had. Music in d mosque?
LET US TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH.IS IT THE CHURCH OR THE MOSQUE THAT MAKES MORE NOISE?EHN HEN,THE ............................................ I GUESS.SO LET US STOP THIS SHIT BULL AND FACE THE REALITY ON GROUND BY SAYING NORTH OR SOUTH OR ONE'S LIFE IN DANGER.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: 79-Year-Old Woman Drags Redeemed Church To Court Over Noise Pollution

An Ikeja High Court, Lagos, has urged the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Chapel of Victory, Ikeja, Lagos, to maintain “zero noise pollution” while conducting its religious programmes.

A 79-year-old neighbour, Mrs. Esther Ogunsalu, whose residence shares a common fence with the church located on 4, Sogunle Street, Abule Onigbagbo Estate, off Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, had dragged the church before the court for disturbing her peace.

Ogunsalu, in the case with suit no LD/1336/2011 filed before Justice Aishat Opesanwo, said the noise emanating from the church prevents her from sleeping, adding that it also “triggers her hypertensive heart disease.”

She asked the court to declare that the continuous occupation and use of the premises as a place of worship “contravenes the building and town planning regulations of Lagos State.”

However, Opesanwo referred both parties to the Multi-Door Courthouse, Igbosere, Lagos, for mediation.

At the Multi-Door Courthouse, the parties adopted a term of settlement dated November 7, 2012 which was signed by the church’s pastor, Dapo Morawo, and Ogunsalu alongside her lawyer, Mr. Dan Kizito, in the presence of a mediator, identified as Mr. Dosunmu.

The terms of settlement obtained by our correspondent on Monday stated, “That in the interest of peace and justice, parties have agreed to make peace and that the first respondent (owner and trustees of the RCCG) and the second respondent (Morawo) will maintain a zero noise pollution in accordance with Lagos State regulations and laws.”

At the resumed hearing of the case, Justice Opesanwo said since the parties had agreed to an amicable resolution of the dispute, the court would adopt the terms of settlement as its judgment.

“The said terms of settlement have been duly examined. I hereby adopt and pronounce it as the judgment of this court. Parties are urged to bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms,” Opesanwo said.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/79-year-old-woman-drags-redeemed-church-to-court-over-noise-pollution.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
SMH. what's the lesson? they've both resorted to amicable settlement and Judgement pronounced based on the parties' amicable settlement as far back as 2012.

Is this thread meant to ridicule or what?

Parties were urged to bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms. Since there's no breach of agreement, what's the issue?

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by thelastPope(m): 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lagos is castigated time and time again for its dirty environment but what I hate more than the dirt is the noise pollution! I think it is more hazardous that the dirt. Sometimes, you cant even hear your thoughts! If it isn't a loud speaker blaring from a mosque or church, it is cars honking for no reason in particular. Or shops or eateries blaring loud music on both sides of the road. It is just terrible. Most times, I hate going out because its madness out there. I don't know why Lagosians enjoy noise. It is not only Lagos though. Some other noisy states are out there too. It is just that the population of Lagos makes it really really bad.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by azpekuliar: 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
angry
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by azpekuliar: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
It's a very annoying trend. RCCG is so guilt of this. In their drive to set up churches within 5, 10 minutes walking distance of each other they set up churches even in a residential close!
I had a property in the market in a close in Festac that I found extremely difficult to let because RCCG bought over the adjoining detached house and began using it as a church. Took me ages to find a tenant and with good reason. Who would want to live right next to a pentecostal church?
It was high time somebody took this MOGs (Ministers Merchants of God) to court! angry
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Adufaye(m): 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
chacha3: Thumps up granny,these churches and noise is something else. Is that how to worship God? I once lived near a community of yaweh church,it was hell because of the noise,could not sleep in the night then choir practice in the evenings...we packed out of the area. It was not fuuny at all. Hisssed
community of yahweh at wer?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by CohenJane: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Very interesting... Places of worship should learn to respect other peoples ears...
Speaking of which.. I should probably drag the mosque near my house to court bt for my safety.

Mosque don't make that much of noise. Except you want to be mischievous. After the call to prayer, there is nothing more the mosque does. As a matter of fact, their supposedly noise only last for five minutes. Besides, any mosque that makes noise is not doing the right thing. It is when the Alphas want to make money that make that much of noise that will disturb anybody.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
bigx: A lot of these churches are inconsiderate
um
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by thelastPope(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
azpekuliar: It's a very annoying trend! RCCG is the most guilt of this. In their drive to set up churches within 5, 10 minutes walking distance of each other they set up churches even in a residential close!
I had a property in the market in a close in Festac that I found extremely difficult to let because RCCG occupied the adjoining detached house. Took me ages to find a tenant and with good reason. Who would want to live right next to a pentecostal church?
It was high time somebody took this MOGs (Ministers Merchants of God) to court!

it isn't about RCCG. It is about the general attitude of Lagosians to noise. I had a similar problem with a mosque some years back. It almost resulted in a serious clash and I was ready, believe me! What irked me about the mosque own is that they use metal loud speakers with those sharp sounds and they start at 5 o'clock in the morning when the sleep is sweetest. It is worse when you have a baby in the house. White garment churches also like to use metal loud speakers. The whole attitude to noise is terrible.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by lifesabeach: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
The noise pollution control is long overdue. Something needs to be done about it. GOD IS NOT DEAF. SO WHY DO WE CLAIM TO WORSHIP AS IF GOD HAS A HEARING PROBLEM
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by talktimi(m): 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.
cheap popularity ? I'm sorry for you.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by thelastPope(m): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
CohenJane:

Mosque don't make that much of noise. Except you want to be mischievous. After the call to prayer, there is nothing more the mosque does. As a matter of fact, their supposedly noise only last for five minutes. Besides, any mosque that makes noise is not doing the right thing. It is when the Alphas want to make money that make that much of noise that will disturb anybody.

You kidding me? You typed this? They almost drove me mad for 2 years!!! Can never forget it! It started affecting my health. Please don't turn this into a religous fight. They are as guilty as everyone else, even worse in some cases because they use bad iron loud speakers with squeaking noise. Most churches use box speakers. But that doesn't make it right either. The noise is just wrong, whether church or mosque!

3 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by lifesabeach: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
The need to control noise pollution is long overdue. Something needs to be done about it. GOD IS NOT DEAF. SO WHY DO WE CLAIM TO BE WORSHIPING GOD AS IF HE HAS A HEARING PROBLEM meanwhile, it's in the "church and mosque" you find the most irrational, unrealistic, difficult and wicked human beings who love their God they cannot even see more than their fellow human beings that they CAN see angry
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by naptu2: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
(I wish I can remember the phone numbers)

If you live in Lagos and there's a church, mosque, music store, night club, electricity generator, etc that is emitting sound that is greater than 55 decibels during the day or 42-45 decibels at night, please report to the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA).

You can make your report over the phone, in person or by filling the form at the website (click this link) http://www.moelagos.org/desk.php?who=lasepa

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Sweetapple007(f): 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
I luv her courage all these penticocos na so so shout shout these day,
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mu2sa2: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
God is all-hearing, yet in nigeria people blare huge public address system in the name of worship.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by cyril83(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
peace-1:
LET US TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH.IS IT THE CHURCH OR THE MOSQUE THAT MAKES MORE NOISE?EHN HEN,THE ............................................ I GUESS.SO LET US STOP THIS SHIT BULL AND FACE THE REALITY ON GROUND BY SAYING NORTH OR SOUTH OR ONE'S LIFE IN DANGER.
bros don't just mention north,those animals will not even take any step by sueing them to court, they will just gather themselves after jumat and set the whole place ablaze besides hausa don't allow churches within their environment and if they shud allow it,it then means the pastor has to coordinate the members and follow the rules
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by talktimi(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope:

it isn't about RCCG. It is about the general attitude of Lagosians to noise. I had a similar problem with a mosque some years back. It almost resulted in a serious clash and I was ready, believe me! What irked me about the mosque own is that they use metal loud speakers with those sharp sounds and they start at 5 o'clock in the morning when the sleep is sweetest. It is worse when you have a baby in the house. White garment churches also like to use metal loud speakers. The whole attitude to noise is terrible.
I know there's a law against disturbing the peace, I'll search for the particular section and post it here. The problem most people have is if they complain, they'll be termed witches and wizards I know a church that actually boasted that people had tried to uproot them from their present location but with prayers, the people were silenced all because of this same noise pollution. I will suggest a dialogue with the resident pastor and if it doesn't yield any fruit, the police should be involved. We should consider that woman is in the twilight of her life and the church with their actions are only trying to hasten her death. Even the oyinbo people we copy do not set speakers outside to disturb their neighbors
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by ifihearam: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: Interesting stuff...

This guy is a religious bigot,what's interesting here,if it were a mosque will you open a thread like this? Just be careful and don't let my path cross with yours bringing to view all the unneccessary bans I have gotten from you for being an apostle of truth.

8 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by kemika: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.
am sure u no get grandma or old pple for ur village
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by TableLeg(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Awesome... I want to see many more brave people stand up and fight!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
CohenJane:

OGA, we are saying the same thing. NOISE POLLUTION is wrong! Doesnt matter who is generating the noise.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by ifihearam: 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
Na mosque noise worst pass
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by begwong: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
toba: SMH. what's the lesson? they've both resorted to amicable settlement and Judgement pronounced based on the parties' amicable settlement as far back as 2012.

Is this thread meant to ridicule or what?

Parties were urged to bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms. Since there's no breach of agreement, what's the issue?
Dont mind this Islam mod!
I don't know why he/she doesn't want to stick to posting islam related threads,after he/she will be bragging cause "IT" has a banning right!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by solinho(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
She should just have told them.....
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by PRINCE1604: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
fastlane84:

No o, their noise only wake sombody up ,even @ 5:30am. Mtchew!

2 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by princeonx: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lucky her! No more taribo! Taaariboo!! Rashiiidiiiii rashiiidiiii, yekiniiiii yekiniiiiii. All in the name of prayer like God is deaf and won't hear them unless they shout!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
fastlane84:

yess o...d type they sing when closing their nose,( well thats what it sounds like)...uhm uhm...... They full my side wella.....
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: Interesting stuff...
if some1 says this in your section now you'll start threatening thunder and brimestones.
@ topic, I don't blame the woman sha most churches are like that. The mosques are even worse because their first prayer call is like @ 4 :30 am with a very loud shriek.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by ABsI1: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria is a lawless nation. "Xtians" talk about terrorism ala islam and forget their own lawlessness,poke nosing,public nuisance etc. From 6am to 5am in the south there's no peace for residents especially in lagos all in the name of "fellowship,evangelism,spiritual meetings" etc. The federal government should outlaw religion gatherings and celebrations in nigeria. Let us all practice our religions @ home.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by begwong: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
@op,i will suggest you desist from moving christian related threads to the front burner,except if you are a fanatic(which i believe you aren't).
Leave that to the christian MODs!
sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21')

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.