Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,586 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20281 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

the atheist on the other hand vigorously denies the existence of ANY God and feels outraged when someone pooh poohs his secular humanist ideas.

on the other hand, the atheist tactic is to "insult" and "dehumanize" the religious as generally ignorant and doltish in nature compared to his own Einstein-like IQ.

The unique problem with the above is that not even the atheists on these boards agree that evolution is true. Many openly do not believe in it and the few who pretend to do largely have no clue what they are talking about beyond plagiarizing the thoughts of others on the web.

Indeed on this, the atheist here is at sea; merely using evolution as a crutch for his own unbelief.

As opposed to the atheist who saunters in here to make fun of the christian night and day but has no problem putting blind faith in empty theories.

and the atheist feels disgust when mentioning the atrocities of all the "gods" but then either turns a blind eye to the evil committed in the name of secular humanism, gets outraged when his hypocrisy is pointed out or outrightly lies about them.

The same atheist has no problem believing that he descended from a monkey, that the sun appeared after nothing exploded in a big bang... ok i wonder whose faith is bigger. The christian or the atheist.

As opposed to the atheist who spends all his life searching feverishly for "contradictions" in the bible he calls a myth... and finds nothing wrong in believing that a fossil tooth is a clue to his 5bn yr old acestor.

you wonder why the atheist is worried about this if he is so sure that heaven doesnt exist.

The problem is with the flippant use of the term "modern science". 99% of atheists here cannot answer the simplest scientific question i would love to ask.

As opposed to the atheist who is content with the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that life evolved when nothing exploded billions of yrs ago?

Well, its all good claiming to "know" stuff if you can quickly google it. These days no one really has to "know" anything... they just need to pretend.

Oh well, back to installing my sweet surround speakers. grin

Oh my God! This here's pure gold. Couldn't have put it so well. grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by damilarelr(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2013
Atheists do not believe that GOD exists; Atheists are obsessed about the acts of GOD (whom they believe in His inexistence).

In conclusion, one of the proofs that GOD exists is that ATHEISTS can't stop discussing GOD.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2013
Tunby: Its called faith man.Faith!!! You believe first before understanding it.

Reyginus: Dude, I don't get you.

Compare here https://www.nairaland.com/1009338/succinctly-anony/2#11713105

Enigma:

Could be one way to understand/explain Augustine's Crede, ut intelligas (believe, so that you may understand) and Anselm's Credo ut intellegam (I believe so that I may understand).

smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by achu442(m): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2013
Heatblast: Hahaha... All true grin cheesy wink
No1 reminds me of someone who was laughing at indians and calling them all sorts of names because they worship 'idols', animals and all sorts and I was like .. Atleast they can see their gods.. you can't see yours undecided
I rather follow my God who i can't see but sees farther than follow gods who i see but they can't see for themselves.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Orikinla(m): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2013
The last time I saw the points raised by the poster was by a retard in my class one at St. Gregory's College, Obalende, Lagos.

It is a waste of time to argue with someone who is intellectually re-tarded who does not even understand the Holy Bible and the simple equation of the Trinity of God.
There is only One God.
Jesus is the Word of God that became flesh and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
1x1x1=1 and not 1+1+1.

On God answering prayers.

God answers all prayers. And it is either YES or NO.
God is not a magician. And in fact He even said come and let us reason together. (Isaiah 1:18, Holy Bible).

And only fools or people of little faith need miracles to accept and believe in God.

I have addressed the omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence of God with the Late Tail Solarin and he thanked me in the end.
I have taken up the challenge of James Randi who I know that the re-tarded poster does not even know, and Randi was giving excuses.

The academic and professional backgrounds of the men and women of God in Nigeria are enough proofs that God answers prayers more than 100%.

The poster has frustrations and lives on the same Christians he is dissing here.
Many of the id-iots supporting him are also employees and errand boys of Christian employers God has favoured and promoted.

Let me not even mention my own backgrounds and circumstances again, because anyone who knows me since 2005 to date on Nairaland has read them all. And the fact is, the poster can never ever achieve even half of what I have done till his end on earth. And I am the testimony of the answered prayers of God over 100% plus. And I am not the only one God has used to manifest his faithfulness and infinity.

Let me just give you one fact of my knowledge.
I am the first and only Nigerian artist who has studied the metamorphosis of the HIV in the T-Cell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_helper_cell). And the result of my study is an oil painting on canvas collected and paid for by Family Health International in 1993.
And I have been on the interview panel of immunologists for a project sponsored by the Ford Foundation and I am only an artist and writer. At 21 I was a public health illustrator for the Johns Hopkins University/Population Communication Services and at 25 a program consultant for the UNICEF for nationwide program. And note that my father was an Ifa priest and certificated meta physician
I know this is beyond your knowledge at the temporal level than to even understand things at higher levels of terrestrial and extraterrestrial levels.

If you can get employment at one of the highest ranked universities in the world at 21 and at a United Nations office at 25, then we can argue on the same page. Until then, I will not add another comment on this thread.

[size=18pt]
“One of the great tragedies of our time is this impression that has been created that science and religion have to be at war.” - Francis Collins
God and the Genome - Geneticist Francis Collins Talks at Stanford[/size]

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
^^
Adapted from something previously posted here https://www.nairaland.com/1160347/difference-between-reasonable-unreasonable-skepticism#13809842

[Even the Higgs of Higgs Boson fame does not think that science and faith are necessarily incompatible; see quote below] ---- especially for comparison with all the shouts of science science science and 'science debunks faith' that we hear on this forum.

"The growth of our understanding of the world through science weakens some of the motivation which makes people believers. But that's not the same thing as saying they're incompatible. It's just that I think some of the traditional reasons for belief, going back thousands of years, are rather undermined.

"But that doesn't end the whole thing. Anybody who is a convinced but not a dogmatic believer can continue to hold his belief. It means I think you have to be rather more careful about the whole debate between science and religion than some people have been in the past."

He said a lot of scientists in his field were religious believers. "I don't happen to be one myself, but maybe that's just more a matter of my family background than that there's any fundamental difficulty about reconciling the two."
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
People like Higgs are too sensible for the Chief Apostle, Pope, Daddy G.O., Grand Quadi, Buddha and Abd Ru Shin of atheists like the mumu Richard Dawkins and his lieutenant apostles like Barker (probably barmy), the prat Harris and their even waaaay more mumu followers and sheeples. smiley

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by dealslip(f): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: I don't mean to burst ur bubble but Christianity was started by the Romans.

Really. i thought the followers of Christ were called Christians because it was observed that they were behaving like christ. The word christianity follow then as the religion of those that follow and behave like Christ.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: I don't mean to burst ur bubble but Christianity was started by the Romans.
Na now I know say nothing wey U know...

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Areaboy2(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: Na now I know say nothing wey U know...

and where is Saul (aka Paul) from? undecided
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by mko2005: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
8 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some crazy people rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove"Christianity.
[/quote]
Only one man said something different !
1- HE SAID HE IS GOD the son who was sent by the father Almighty God
2- HE SAID HE IS THE ONLY WAY
3- HE SAID HE WILL BE KILLED AND RESURRECT after 3 DAYS
4- HE WAS KILLED AND RESURRECTED AFTER 3 DAYS LIKE HE SAID
5- HE SAID HE CAN FORGIVE SINS

This Jesus is the reason for my bein a christian !
He said he is the way,the truth and the life !
He is not just a teacher but a human/spiritual being far far different from bein a religious teacher !

Confucianism -Confucius
Buddhism -Buddha
Islam -Mohammed
Shintoism -Shinto
Paganism
Hinduism

No one of the above religious leaders ever said he can forgive sins.
No one of them said he will die and resurrect.
No one of them died and resurrected.
No one of them ever said he is the only way.
No one said he is the son of the Almighty God.
NO ONE OF THEM SAID HE IS COMING BACK TO TAKE HIS FOLLOWERS
No one of them said he is coming back to judge the world
Almost every one of them made reference to Jesus Christ ! Infact one of them said he likes Jesus so much. Another one of them acknowledged the fact that he is comming back and told his own followers to get prepared for Jesus.
The atheist did not believe in Jesus but can not stop thinking about HIM.
From the above,i had got 3 options to choose from ;
1-I did not go with that Jesus was lying concerning all he said and DID !
2-I never said HE was mad for saying and doing all the good works i read about HIM#
3-I concluded in my heart that everything i read and heard HE did were nothing but the ABSOLUTE truth ! And that He was sent by HIS father the Almighty God who created the heavens and the earth.That HE died and was resurrected after three days.And that HE was asscended into HEAVENS.
That HIS blood washed me from all my sins.
God help us all
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
m.k.o2005:
8 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some crazy people rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove"Christianity.

Only one man said something different !
1- HE SAID HE IS GOD the son who was sent by the father Almighty God
2- HE SAID HE IS THE ONLY WAY
3- HE SAID HE WILL BE KILLED AND RESURRECT after 3 DAYS
4- HE WAS KILLED AND RESURRECTED AFTER 3 DAYS LIKE HE SAID
5- HE SAID HE CAN FORGIVE SINS

This Jesus is the reason for my bein a christian !
He said he is the way,the truth and the life !
He is not just a teacher but a human/spiritual being far far different from bein a religious teacher !

Confucianism -Confucius
Buddhism -Buddha
Islam -Mohammed
Shintoism -Shinto
Paganism
Hinduism

No one of the above religious leaders ever said he can forgive sins.
No one of them said he will die and resurrect.
No one of them died and resurrected.
No one of them ever said he is the only way.
No one said he is the son of the Almighty God.
NO ONE OF THEM SAID HE IS COMING BACK TO TAKE HIS FOLLOWERS
No one of them said he is coming back to judge the world
Almost every one of them made reference to Jesus Christ ! Infact one of them said he likes Jesus so much. Another one of them acknowledged the fact that he is comming back and told his own followers to get prepared for Jesus.
The atheist did not believe in Jesus but can not stop thinking about HIM.
From the above,i had got 3 options to choose from ;
1-I did not go with that Jesus was lying concerning all he said and DID !
2-I never said HE was mad for saying and doing all the good works i read about HIM#
3-I concluded in my heart that everything i read and heard HE did were nothing but the ABSOLUTE truth ! And that He was sent by HIS father the Almighty God who created the heavens and the earth.That HE died and was resurrected after three days.And that HE was asscended into HEAVENS.
That HIS blood washed me from all my sins.
God help us all

I would like to know how Jesus forgave you of your sins. How you got forgiveness from Jesus for stealing meat from the pot of soup without apologising to your mom.

Jesus didnt save anybody. The guy couldnt save himself. He died like a fowl on the cross. The smartest person in that situation was the other crucified robber who asked Jesus to save himself.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aadejesu: 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
Many christians here are dissapointing me, we are not to engage in worthless argument with the children of perdition. We are to show sinners the way and expect the Holy Ghost to convict them, but for them that oppose the truth we preach, who take a predisposition against the truth; from such, scripture tells us to turn away 2Tim 3:5-9, that they shall proceed no further, for they have the form of godliness but deny the power thereof. So my brothers, please dont argue with anybody, speak the truth in meekness and love, and if anyone would oppose you, dust the sand off your feet and turn away from such. You can't try and explain a fact that can only be spiritually discerned to a natural man, it dosen't make sense to them, so quit the argument, speak the truth in love and leave the rest for the Holy Ghost. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by owo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
Interesting!
Indeed, only a fool can say in his heart that there is no God!!!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Areaboy2(m): 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
owo: Interesting!
Indeed, only a fool can say in his heart that there is no God!!!

Be creative my friend. Stop spewing out the nonsense that you a fed with angry
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
Area_boy:

and where is Saul (aka Paul) from? undecided

you know Paul was a jew right?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: Na now I know say nothing wey U know...
It will be a disgrace for me to be arguing that with u, you can find out urself. That's nt so difficult is it?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: It will be a disgrace for me to be arguing that with u, you can find out urself. That's nt so difficult is it?

christianity wasnt started by romans. Just drop the ignorant arrogance... you truly dont know anything.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

christianity wasnt started by romans. Just drop the ignorant arrogance... you truly dont know anything.

who said the bolded grin

better for some to just keep mute , rather than display stark ignorance.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
frosbel:

who said the bolded grin

better for some to just keep mute , rather than display stark ignorance.

Bro... the way the guy even said it... you would think he was there when Jesus was crucified.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
Oh, illiterate bigots *outofhere*
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: Oh, illiterate bigots *outofhere*

i wonder why the haughty "literate" fellow refuses to prove to us where he got his insight from that christianity was started by romans. Like the typical braind dead numskull... once they are called out on their idiocy they resort to ad hominems and excuses. grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

i wonder why the haughty "literate" fellow refuses to prove to us where he got his insight from that christianity was started by romans. Like the typical braind dead numskull... once they are called out on their idiocy they resort to ad hominems and excuses. grin
I knew someone was going to resort to insults so I stayed And that was all u could come up with #disappointed. BTW I don't need to teach u anything, u're a big boi now, go school urself
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
Any other whining little girl?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

It was roman emperor Constantine that made Christianity what is today. He used the awesome power of the Roman Empire to propagate the teachings of Christ. He Organized the first Christian conference where the treaty of Nicea was signed eliminating and adding facts to the Bible. Before Constantine, followers of Christ were seen as fringe group of lunatics. Even Christ himself was thought to be crazy by his family. See Mark 3:20-21.

So any body that said that Romans started Christianity is not wrong because they started Christianity as we know it. Christ was a Jew not a Christian.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

It was roman emperor Constantine that made Christianity what is today. He used the awesome power of the Roman Empire to propagate the teachings of Christ. He Organized the first Christian conference where the treaty of Nicea was signed eliminating and adding facts to the Bible. Before Constantine, followers of Christ were seen as fringe group of lunatics. Even Christ himself was thought to be crazy by his family. See Mark 3:20-21.

So any body that said that Romans started Christianity is not wrong because they started Christianity as we know it. Christ was a Jew not a Christian.
Oh, u should av allowed them to do the homework or stay in perpetual ignorance. Some pple are just lazy
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: I knew someone was going to resort to insults so I stayed And that was all u could come up with #disappointed. BTW I don't need to teach u anything, u're a big boi now, go school urself

You just labeled others illiterate bigots then have the gall to whine about others insulting you? grin

You're confused.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

You just labeled others illiterate bigots then have the gall to whine about others insulting you? grin

You're confused.
Illiterate, bigot compared with 'brain dead numskull', I think u're the one confused. And where the heck is the whining
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Fr0sbel: 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
That's what happens when you rely on Wikipedia for facts, you end up making a 'monkey' out of yourself.

I really despair for the Nigerian educational system, do they still teach research methods undecided
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

This is quite silly but let me take the time to help you out.

There is a difference between this - "emperor constantine making christianity what it is today" and "christianity was STARTED by romans". If you've ever been to school, there is a HUGE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between starting something (being the FIRST individual to generate the idea) and using the "awesome power of the roman empire to PROPAGATE" the gospel (i.e. his only role was providing a platform for others, who already started the idea, to gain a wider audience). That unfortunately is the difference that illiterates like Damon03 cannot wrap around the two brain cells in their heads... he should be ashamed for using your post as back-up for his illiterate nonsense.

Now let us look at your post again... to say that Constantine started christianity is absolute rubbish. Read history, if christians were just a "fringe group of lunatics"... how come the likes of Paul got the audience to preach to powerful kings like Aggripa? Why on earth would the Roman emperor be interested in a "fringe group of lunatics" enough to entertain their loony ideas? Did they arrange conferences for all the other loony ideas around the vast roman empire too? Do you realize that the term "christian" was first used to describe the highly influential christians in Antioch LONG before constantine was born?

Oh well...
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
Fr0sbel: That's what happens when you rely on Wikipedia for facts, you end up making a 'monkey' out of yourself.

I really despair for the Nigerian educational system, do they still teach research methods undecided
Is that French for ''I ran out of points, now I av to start bitching''?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: Illiterate, bigot compared with 'brain dead numskull', I think u're the one confused. And where the heck is the whining

Calling someone a bigot can land you a criminal charge here in the USA.

It is quite daft that you are trying to weight gravity of insults. But let me just humor you... "brain dead numskull" is the same as calling you ignorant or illiterate... see i did not even find a word for bigot. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Some Have Food But Cannot Eat / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm / Truth About Crucifixion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.