Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama (845 Views)

See The Striking Resemblance Of Barak Obama & President Joko Widodo Of Indonesia / President Mugabe Proposes Marriage To Barak Obama (see Pictures) / Soldiers Evacuate Family Frm Barak As Bharam Drop Flier Abt Plan 2 Seiz Maduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by NeuroBoss(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
* His name 'Barak' means one who's great/blessed in Swahili.
* He is left-handed- the sixth post-war president to be left-handed.
* He is a chain smoker- he promised Michelle he would quit smoking while running for president... he never did.
* He can speak Spanish.
* His worst habit is constantly checking his Blackberry (you're not alone in this).
* He repaid his student loans only recently.
* He enjoys playing Scrabble and poker.
* He uses a Apple Mac laptop.
* As a teenager, he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine.
* He doesn't drink coffee and rarely alcohol.
* He hates people who sag beneath the backside with a passion.
* He ate dog meat, snake meat and roasted grasshoppers while living in Indonesia.
* He's read every HARRY POTTER book.
* He won a grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, Dreams From My Father.
* He was known as ''O'bomber'' at high school for his skill at basketball.
* He collects Spiderman and Conan the barbarian comics.
* His favourite book is Moby-Dick by HERMA MELVILLE.
* His desk in his office belonged to Robert Kennedy.
* He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Mohammed Ali.
* He and Michelle once made 4.2 million dollars on the sale of their books in 2006.

COURTESY: DAILY TELEGRAPH
Re: 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by nifemi01(m): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
I think your first 'fact' should be 'BARRACK' and not 'barak'.
Re: 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
How will this pay my school fees na?
Re: 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by ohisola(f): 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ok I yaff hear. cheesy
Re: 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by hurricaneChris: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Pls poster has it finished?

Wat abt the crazy speculations by some frustrated individuals that he belongs to 1LL_M1VAFF1? Or that his d xpected anti-Christ?

Arrant nonsense!!
Re: 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yungwizzzy: How will this pay my school fees na?

This is fu'c'king hysterics. grin
Re: 20 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Barak Obama by OPEYEMIAD(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
Is dis an off topic too

(1) (Reply)

Photos: This House Has FALLEN! / Obasanjo, cause of Yoruba marginalisation – Alaafin of Oyo / Lagos: 2 ''Igbo'' Suspects Docked For Attempted Kidnap Of A Yoruba Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.