Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

Objectively List The Sins Of The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Objectively List The Sins Of The President (12340 Views)

Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable / Prof. Wole Soyinka On Buhari - Read And Comment Objectively / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Objectively List The Sins Of The President by DeepSight(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2013
I have been doing a lot of thinking recently on the politics of this country with reference to our problems as a nation. Arising from this thread -

https://www.nairaland.com/1169416/realistic-options-opposition-presidency-2015

I had asked what realistic alternatives the opposition has with respect to presidential candidates capable of taking Aso Rock from PDP in 2015. The general turn of comments in that thread gave Buhari/ Fashola as the main realistic alternative. There is a lot of good that could be said of both men, and I would certainly be intrigued to see how such a presidency would pan out. Although I remain against a Buhari presidency based on my personal principles and convictions (against past military Heads of State); I cannot but acknowledge that his anti-corruption posture would probably do Nigeria a great deal of good. Nevertheless, I digress.

Right now I want to take a close look at the hat-wearing Dr who currently resides in Aso Rock. This fellow represents a huge conundrum in Nigeria. He is widely criticized today as an ineffective leader. Nonetheless Nigerians did vote him into office: largely based on sentiments. I did not vote for him; and indeed I urged many people not to. My reason was simple: I viewed him as a "business-as-usual" person; whereas Nigeria requires radical and forceful leadership into change.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, the dramatic events that brought Goodluck to power (I would recommend everyone reads Olusegun Adeniyi's "Power, Politics and Death " ) - were such that critical questions on Nigerian unity were at play. The goose that lays the Nigerian "Golden Egg" - (The Niger Delta and Oil) finally - and against all historical expectation - had its son sitting on the No. 1 chair as Commander in Chief. That sentiment appealed to a lot of southerners. Indeed I recall that during the elections, i was once in a taxi in Lagos and I asked the Taxi man who he would be voting for. He, a Yoruba man, said he would vote for Jonathan, and I inquired why. His response - "Na mallam go own this country forever?"

Viewing the Election results as a Map of Nigerian states, it is glaring that that election was largely a statement from the south of Nigeria to the core North: and that statement reads: "You do not own this country. We are here too." Period.

Now that is what I call sentiment: albeit a powerful and historic sentiment which most people down south felt had to be stated clearly by the ballot.

Gosh, I love writing so much, see how much I have digressed? ? ? ?

Oya, back to topic. So I want to critically examine this GEJ presidency and see it for what it is. Devoid of sentiment and also devoid of unnecessary vitriol against the President.

Specifically, let us list - with open and clear objectivity - exactly what GEJ's critical failures have been. That way, we can have a more constructive approach to 2015.

I'll get the ball rolling. For me; his critical failures are -

1. His handling of the Boko Haram Insurgency

2. His handling of the Fuel Subsidy Issue

3. His complete failure to even remotely address official corruption, past and present (this is Nigeria's single biggest problem, and any president that does not address it is already a complete failure).

4. His lack of action on Federal Infrastructure for a modern Nigeria

5. His lack of a broad and powerful vision for a powerful and modern Nigeria.

What are your gripes with GEJ?

Objective issues please. No vitriol, no tribal insults, and no words like "retardeen". Thanks.

12 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 23, 2013
Chai....wetin cum b dis la?..... cheesy
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Jan 23, 2013
Mine started when the Retardeen went ahead to debate with himself on liveTV. Who the ffuck does that.
That was when i discovered that he isnt the messiah Nigerians thought he was but simply part of the status quo and a deceit.
Of cos, so many afterwards, but will leave it at that for now.

6 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by DeepSight(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2013
Demdem: Mine started when the Retardeen went ahead to debate with himself on liveTV. Who the ffuck does that.
That was when i discovered that he isnt the messiah Nigerians desire but simply part of the status quo.

OMG!!!! To be honest, i was actually going to state that as my FIRST major issue with him. I left it out just to focus on his actions or inactions as president. But that was really really really really really BAD!!!! No one does that! It was disgusting!
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by GARRIx7(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2013
1. Jonathan is corrupt (hence his inability to meaningfully fight corruption in Nigeria)

2. High level of profligacy

3. His foot-dragging in prosecuting the sponsors of Boko haram

I'll be back to add more!!!

5 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2013
- His handling of the first bomb attack, the one that was blamed on MEND...

- His inability to say anything without referring to 'unknown enemies'..

A visit to Bayelsa is all it takes to convince anyone that GEJ's not the real deal.

5 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by DeepSight(m): 9:26am On Jan 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):
1. Jonathan is corrupt (hence his inability to meaningfully fight corruption in Nigeria)

2. High level of profligacy

3. His foot-dragging in prosecuting the sponsors of Boko haram

I'll be back to add more!!!

On point.
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by DeepSight(m): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2013
musKeeto: - His handling of the first bomb attack, the one that was blamed on MEND...

That really was disgraceful. To state publicly - within 24 hours of the incident - that MEND was not responsible, and then now. . . Henry Okah is convicted for the crime.

- His inability to say anything without referring to 'unknown enemies'..

This is another irritating thing.

A visit to Bayelsa is all it takes to convince anyone that GEJ's not the real deal.

Well he was not in charge of Bayelsa for too long . . .
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 23, 2013
His surrounding himself with thieves and people with lack of vision.

1 Like

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by trillville(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2013
-His refusal to publicly declare his assets and saying on live TV that he does not give a damn about what nigerians think

-crazy world bank policies that would lead to the further pauperization of our masses. Eg sale of PHCN to past leaders who have stolen our collective oil wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Cuckoo48: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2013
He is an olodo. Was born an olodo. Remains an olodo. Now my gripe with him is this: Knowing the extent of his olodoness, why he come run for president?

1 Like

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2013
Well,since you insist we can't call the Retardeen a Retardeen, I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by coalcoal1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
Are you people never tired of saying negative things about jonathan?
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by superior1: 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
His many fruitless Committes

2 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by ifihearam: 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
@op
The problem with people like you and demdem is that you might die of hypertension sooner than later,all the problems you foolishly listed above were created by him right You people are serial losers and will continue to be. Whether you like it or not,spot his flaws or not,he will give a landslide victory to any candidate come 2015, be it free and fair or rigged.

GEJ is a popular demand,a common denominator in nigerian politics,he is the answer to our prayers,even when he is reluctant to re contesting,we are begging him because he is the messiah of this country.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
Booked.
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by jadakiss213(m): 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
You mean y'all dont see anything good in this guy and his administration? apart from footdragging on corruption cases/issues and being a lil bit slow,am sure this man is defo on d right path and wld ultimately shame even his fiercest critics at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by ifihearam: 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
Cuckoo48: He is an olodo. Was born an olodo. Remains an olodo. Now my gripe with him is this: Knowing the extent of his olodoness, why he come run for president?

And your father that is not an olodo cannot even be a councillor in your local government. Eddiot

14 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by ifihearam: 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
Demdem: Mine started when the Retardeen went ahead to debate with himself on liveTV. Who the ffuck does that.
That was when i discovered that he isnt the messiah Nigerians thought he was but simply part of the status quo and a deceit.

You amaze me honorarium,a debate was scheduled,others did not attend so what do you expect him to do
The question should be,why didn't the other debators come??that should have been a wise man's take.
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Flye: 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
The guy simply has image issue.
Peaple voted massively for him cos they thought they ve seen their messiah, infact many risked their lives by voting and defending the vote in some area particularly in the north where serving pdp deputy governor can't vote for pdp, he voted for cpc for his own security reason yet some managed to vote for him under this condition and some corp members were killed cos they defended that little vote he gathered. His first policy showed that they risked or sacrificed their lives for nothing. Hences overwhelming love and support turns to hatred. He is trying but no matter what he does the hatred is not going very soon.

1 Like

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by thaoriginator: 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
1. He failed woefully when he attempted to change Unilag to Maulag
2. He rigged his way into power and paid int'l observers to tag the election 'free and fair'
3. When he tampered with the Nuhu Ribadu's report
4. Also tampered with and discredited the farouk lawans report
5. Lied about the his wife's health and whereabout
6. Appoints one yeye and corrupt old man wey don nearly die as minister
7. Abeg the man f*uck up too plenty I can't list em all up.

@OP abi you wan pay me ni? I tell you say I dey find work?
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by misreal(m): 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
y do u ppl always like bringing down jonathan.wer u ppl expecting gej to tke naija to de promise land in 8 years.wat he has given nigerians dat we shud be gr8ful for is transparency.if nigeria had dis kind of transparency during obj's reign,blve me obj wud av been de most criricized president.

5 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Demdem(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
ifihearam: @op
The problem with people like you and demdem is that you might die of hypertension sooner than later,all the problems you foolishly listed above were created by him right You people are serial losers and will continue to be. Whether you like it or not,spot his flaws or not,he will give a landslide victory to any candidate come 2015, be it free and fair or rigged.

GEJ is a popular demand,a common denominator in nigerian politics,he is the answer to our prayers,even when he is reluctant to re contesting,we are begging him because he is the messiah of this country.

Thank you.

Honararium grin as usual foolish post, zero sense.

20 Likes

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by salmonkay: 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
HIS VERY DULL
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by thaoriginator: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
misreal: y do u ppl always like bringing down jonathan.wer u ppl expecting gej to tke naija to de promise land in 8 years.wat he has given nigerians dat we shud be gr8ful for is transparency.if nigeria had dis kind of transparency during obj's reign,blve me obj wud av been de most criricized president.
transparency for where? Huh! Are you in a dream bro? What is transparent abt the retardeens regime. All is there is deceit, lies, stealing, and more and more vices. Pls go and sit down jare!angry
Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
ifihearam:

You amaze me honorarium,a debate was scheduled,others did not attend so what do you expect him to do
The question should be,why didn't the other debators come??that should have been a wise man's take.

Honararium grin we are saying the same thing. Retardeen debated with himself and his goons like u in the hall with him applauded.

1 Like

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by nkemKalu: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
HIS 6 YEARS SINGLE TENOR BUHAHAHAHA........TRYING TO THINK NIGERIANS ARE FOOLS WHILE ATTEMPTING TO GET EIGHT YEARS TENOR FROM THE BACK DOOR. AGAIN, COMING BACK TO DENY THAT IT WAS NOT HIS OWN IDEA. THEN WHOSE IDEA WAS IT? WHY CAN'T U OWN UP TO YOUR OWN BLUNDER. (2) HIS HANDLING OF VINCENT OGBULAFO'S CASE WHEN THE MAN SIMPLY SAID THE NORTH SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COMPLETE THEIR EIGHT YEAR TENOR. AS IF THE MAN OGBULAFOR DOES NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY HIS OPINION ...HE WAS REMOVED FROM OFFICE ON TRUMPT UP CHARGES OF CORRUPTION AND TILL NOW WE DON'T KNOW THE RESULT OF THOSE CHARGES. (3) HE SPENDS MONEY ON IRRELEVANT THINGS...SUCH AS PRINTING N5,000.00 NOTES, INDEPENDENT N50.00 NOTES, CHANGING PLATE NUMBERS WHEN THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE OLD ONE.......INFACT, HIS SINS ARE SO MANY AND CANNOT BE FORGIVEN BY GOD HIMSELF. THE THEORY OF GO AND SIN NO MORE IS NOT IN HIS DIARY. HE IS A PERPETUAL SINNER (4) ON THE ECONOMIC FRONT? HE IS A slowpoke. NIGERIA ACCUMMULATED A TOTAL DEBT OF $32B FROM 1970 TO ATLEAST YEAR 2000 WHEN OBASANJO AND OKONJO IWEALA APPEALED TO THE WORLD BANK AND THE PARIS CLUB TO WRITE OFF THE DEBTS. AND THIS DEBT WAS ACCUMMULATED OVER VARIOUS SUCCESSIVE GOVERNMENTS, BUT JONATHAN HAS SINGLE HANDELY PUT NIGERIA INTO A DEBT OF $28B IN TWO YEARS.....SO HOW CAN THIS BE ACCOUNTED FOR WITH ALL THE SUBSIDY BUHAHAHA. NIGERIA IS SIMPLY BANKRUPT UNDER JONATHAN. THE STOCK EXCHANGE THAT WAS TRADING FOR ABOUT N16 TRILLION STOCK NOW HAS LESS THAN N4 TRILLION UNDER GEJ. INFACT, HIS SINS ARE TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION

1 Like

Re: Objectively List The Sins Of The President by misreal(m): 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Demdem:

Honararium grin as usual, foolish post zero sense.
my brother he made a lot of sense.most of de problems he is facing today he was nt even born wen it strted.so y dnt we gve him time so dat he can try his best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Policymakers Can Put Africa Back On Upward Trajectory- Ngozi Okonjo Iweala / NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide / Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Christmas Video To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.