Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160374 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
oladimejiX:
Prof Gazzuzz.
Please I need your insight.
My toyota Avalon engine shuts down anytime i try reversing out of my compound.
I have to accelerate quickly to make it stay long enough to drive out and then it shuts down again.
it seems to happen when climbing slopes and when the engine is started cold. cos it drives smoothly when I am out and about.
my gate entrance has a slope though.

Thanks for your time in advance

the 2016 avalon? smiley

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
kingreign:

You act as if you never know what you did to me?

You complained you had a serious issue last year, you called me. I told you my diagnostic fees NGN5,000 non negotiable. You came to my house. Scanned your car, I explained to you what to do. You smiled and was happy. I saw you off to my estate gate, you produced a wrinkled dirty worn out 500 naira note, and told me its what you had. I told you we never agreed on this, why did you want to start this, you said its what you got and when you came back for repair you'd settle me. You even swore you're a Moderator of many sections and a lawyer and you can't defraud me (I knew you won't come back) I took the note from you, you zoomed off thinking youve won your game, i gave to a begger that 500naira note.
Here you are forming innocent.

Hope you see you've spent more than that. And you'd spend more than the 5,000.

Karma is a blissful concubine.
Yeah, if you like ban me 200years

U are really funny dude. Was scanning my car the main issue?I told u the car was vibrating then. That was the main issue. I told u I have a friend that scan vehicle too. U expected me to drive all the way to Kubwa again to fix my car, when sb else introduced me to a good and better mechanic inside town? Come on. Nobody is talking about banning here. U suggested lots of stuffs that were wrong with the car then, and u weren't even sure of urself. U say, I need to change this, change this and change that, that maybe the vibration will stopped. And I left, u call that karma? So, u wanted me to start spending money on what u urself is not sure will solve the problem then. Chai Some people self, and u are still carrying that at heart till today. Oya send me your account number, if 5k will solve your problem. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
honsule:

U are really funny dude. Was scanning my car the main issue?I told u the car was vibrating then. That was the main issue. I told u I have a friend that scan vehicle too. U expected me to drive all the way to Kubwa again to fix my car, when sb else introduced me to a good and better mechanic inside town? Come on. Nobody is talking about banning here. U suggested lots of stuffs that were wrong with the car then, and u weren't even sure of urself. U say, I need to change this, change this and changll stopped. And I left, u call that karma?

1. Your cars vibration was a result of multiple cylinder misfire. Did your mechanic or diagnostic friend tell you that?
2. Your car had Knock sensor malfunction, they even cut off the wire and left it hanging. I showed you that. did they tell that to you?
3. Your car had A/F sensor malfunction, did they tell that to you?
I even explained many things to you which you've been doing wrong with your vehicle took my time to tell how how to go about it. So you think I was a fool?
Its easier if you tell me "pls, help me freely do this". I'd understand and do it freely and gladly. But that's by the way.
Your defence holds no water.
I still have results of your scan in my computer at him. I can post it as evidences for all to see when I travel back to Abuja.
You claim you got better scanner guys and mechanics, they couldn't detect all these faults, your mechanic spliced your Knock sensor wires and breached your Coil packs wiring.

Besides, the only reason I brought this up is because you thought you outsmarted me. 5k is too small for me to raise up dust. I am worth more than that.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
honsule:

U are really funny dude. Was scanning my car the main issue?I told u the car was vibrating then. That was the main issue. I told u I have a friend that scan vehicle too. U expected me to drive all the way to Kubwa again to fix my car, when sb else introduced me to a good and better mechanic inside town? Come on. Nobody is talking about banning here. U suggested lots of stuffs that were wrong with the car then, and u weren't even sure of urself. U say, I need to change this, change this and change that, that maybe the vibration will stopped. And I left, u call that karma? So, u wanted me to start spending money on what u urself is not sure will solve the problem then. Chai Some people self, and u are still carrying that at heart till today. Oya send me your account number, if 5k will solve your problem. cheesy cheesy cheesy

please I will collect on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by oladimejiX: 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the 2016 avalon? smiley

2016 for my dream
Its 2001 avalon
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
honsule:

business is business. always honour ya agreement.
now dis karma is faster dan a bugatti in catching u. grin
if 5k is not a big deal, u for pay am.
by d tym u buy '2 cartons of indomie' for ya car...... lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by arantess: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2017
mejai:
grin grin grin
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 12:20am On Mar 31, 2017
honsule:

Probably your car had too many problems he wanted to address the more noticeable ones first, then later move to the other ones after.
About one end being left open, one end of your engine is intake, while the other is exhaust and it is totally wrong to stuff the exhaust instead of installing a catalytic converter.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Crixie(m): 7:52am On Mar 31, 2017
Good day everyone,so many times I have heard people complaining about unavailability of original auto parts for there cars,Pls visit my thread where I will continually post pictures of original (OEM ) auto parts for various cars https://www.nairaland.com/3430298/say-bye-bye-fake-auto
And to view your best bet for genuine engine oil ,gear oil and more
https://www.nairaland.com/3715852/genuine-engine-oilgear-oilcoolant-brake
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

please I will collect on his behalf.

Lol grin grin
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 9:29am On Mar 31, 2017
mejai:

To start with we never had an agreement. So, pls dont jump to conclusion. Because u were never there.
No be only 2 carton but 20 carton grin
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2017
kingreign:

1. Your cars vibration was a result of multiple cylinder misfire. Did your mechanic or diagnostic friend tell you that?
2. Your car had Knock sensor malfunction, they even cut off the wire and left it hanging. I showed you that. did they tell that to you?
3. Your car had A/F sensor malfunction, did they tell that to you?
I even explained many things to you which you've been doing wrong with your vehicle took my time to tell how how to go about it. So you think I was a fool?
Its easier if you tell me "pls, help me freely do this". I'd understand and do it freely and gladly. But that's by the way.
Your defence holds no water.
I still have results of your scan in my computer at him. I can post it as evidences for all to see when I travel back to Abuja.
You claim you got better scanner guys and mechanics, they couldn't detect all these faults, your mechanic spliced your Knock sensor wires and breached your Coil packs wiring.

Besides, the only reason I brought this up is because you thought you outsmarted me. 5k is too small for me to raise up dust. I am worth more than that.

Let us be sincere, didn't I show u on my phone or tell u the scan I did earlier in a friends place ?
Outsmart u in what way? Because of 5k . your thinking at times baffles me.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2017
honsule:

Let us be sincere, didn't I show u on my phone or tell u the scan I did earlier in a friends place ?
Bros, if I wan start this argument with you, Na you go taya. You may act cunning and smart but remember, karma.

This is my last comment.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 11:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
kingreign:

Bros, if I wan start this argument with you, Na you go taya. You may act cunning and smart but remember, karma.

This is my last comment.

It baffles me when u used the word cunning and smart. Karma, etc. Is that what u regard as smart or cunning?
Na wah oooo
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by jum33: 5:16am On Apr 02, 2017
honsule:

Bros ,you argument is baseless ,if your friends were able to do a good diagnoses for you why still approaching a another person to do it for you u need a further professional advice and after you had it and you refuse not pay for the consultancy. This is a rip off and you lack integrity.

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Notinhillng: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
oladimejiX:
Prof Gazzuzz.
Please I need your insight.
My toyota Avalon engine shuts down anytime i try reversing out of my compound.
I have to accelerate quickly to make it stay long enough to drive out and then it shuts down again.
it seems to happen when climbing slopes and when the engine is started cold. cos it drives smoothly when I am out and about.
my gate entrance has a slope though.

Thanks for your time in advance

I think this has something to do with your transmission oil.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Roliks09: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hello all. I have a rav4 2007 and I recently started observing that I need to really press the accelerator for the car to change gears, but at high speeds, this doesn't happen. I am scared as I know transmission problems could be expensive and very prone to misdiagnosis. Would like to know if one can still travel with this kind of fault in the car, and if there's any transmission expert in the house, or suggested things to try in the interim. I don't want to take gear problem to a Kazeem.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Roliks09:
Hello all. I have a rav4 2007 and I recently started observing that I need to really press the accelerator for the car to change gears, but at high speeds, this doesn't happen. I am scared as I know transmission problems could be expensive and very prone to misdiagnosis. Would like to know if one can still travel with this kind of fault in the car, and if there's any transmission expert in the house, or suggested things to try in the interim. I don't want to take gear problem to a Kazeem.

Location location location,
What recent work did you carry out on the car prior to this challenge?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by oladimejiX: 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the 2016 avalon? smiley

Turns out that idle was low and that caused it to cut off when climbing slopes.

The catalytic conv in the car has been bad for a long time and it seems it was suffocating the engine, though it doesn't get driven on long distances.

The cat was removed and it's been smoking like crazy anytime the car is started cold, smoke disappears after driving a bit.

The smoking comes up only when the car is started cold but stops after driving a couple of distance,

could it be a valve seal in the cylinder head is bad and leaking oil to the piston or
It's just as a result of the engine having suffocated for long and the smoke will stop eventually

This started on Saturday when the cat was removed.

kingreign I need your input as well.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
oladimejiX:

Turns out that idle was low and that caused it to cut off when climbing slopes.

The catalytic conv in the car has been bad for a long time and it seems it was suffocating the engine, though it doesn't get driven on long distances.

The cat was removed and it's been smoking like crazy anytime the car is started cold, smoke disappears after driving a bit.

The smoking comes up only when the car is started cold but stops after driving a couple of distance,

could it be a valve seal in the cylinder head is bad and leaking oil to the piston or
It's just as a result of the engine having suffocated for long and the smoke will stop eventually

This started on Saturday when the cat was removed.

kingreign I need your input as well.

When a catalyst gets blocked, there is a temperature rise on the exhaust side of the valves, this causes premature valve seal damage. Replace valve seals and smoking will stop.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Roliks09: 8:23am On Apr 03, 2017
kingreign:

Location location location,
What recent work did you carry out on the car prior to this challenge?
I am in Benin City. Never did anything on the car prior to the problem. Had the car since 2015 and all I have done was change kick and alternator. By the time I changed these I had started observing the issue. There's also a sound I hear when driving at low speeds. Someone checked it and said auxiliary gear needs to be changed. Didn't trust them so I left it since then.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by yinkaoke(f): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2017
Hello house,

Please I want to buy a nigerian used 2003 toyota corolla recommended by my mechanic. please what are the primary things to look out for. things like the ODO, what is the minimum ODO metre no to consider and any other things please.

I will call on my other mechanic to look out for the secondary things.

many thanks as you respond
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Crixie(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
Good day everyone,so many times I have heard people complaining about unavailability of original auto parts for there cars,Pls visit my thread where I will continually post pictures of original (OEM ) auto parts for various cars https://www.nairaland.com/3430298/say-bye-bye-fake-auto
And to view your best bet for genuine engine oil ,gear oil and more
https://www.nairaland.com/3715852/genuine-engine-oilgear-oilcoolant-brake
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by autotrader2: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
For all you Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Ford, Nissan etc owners, we are having a mini-sale on the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil US Spec.
This is not the inferior oil with Arabic inscriptions from Dubai or wherever it comes from. This is the Genuine stuff from the US

The Discounts are mainly on a minimum of one carton purchased.

See our thread for more information

https://www.nairaland.com/2880651/us-engine-oils-toyota-motor/22
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Qasiim: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
autotrader2:
For all you Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Ford, Nissan etc owners, we are having a mini-sale on the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil US Spec.
This is not the inferior oil with Arabic inscriptions from Dubai or wherever it comes from. This is the Genuine stuff from the US

The Discounts are mainly on a minimum of one carton purchased.

See our thread for more information

https://www.nairaland.com/2880651/us-engine-oils-toyota-motor/22
Good evening Sir,Please what makes the one with Arabic writing inferior?I recently used the synthetic 5w30 with the Arabic writing,and it is very good.My engine sounds wonderful and powerful.Infact it is best thing that has happened to my car!I have searched google for proof of your claim and have found no evidence to back up your claim.Please tell us why you think The Arabic one is inferior,I really wanna know.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by autotrader2: 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
Qasiim:

Good evening Sir,Please what makes the one with Arabic writing inferior?I recently used the synthetic 5w30 with the Arabic writing,and it is very good.My engine sounds wonderful and powerful.Infact it is best thing that has happened to my car!I have searched google for proof of your claim and have found no evidence to back up your claim.Please tell us why you think The Arabic one is inferior,I really wanna know.

Look through my thread you will see a post about identifying the Obsolete Toyota Oil from Dubai. It has explicit pictures with some of them rated SL, that's not for use with many modern cars. And the sad thing is they are usually sold at Optimum prizes to unsuspecting users.
So if the one with Arabic inscriptions work excellently for you then carry on. I am addressing the needs of users with modern cars usually imported from the US. Such cars require the best quality oils, and mostly, such oils come from the US, and are rated API SN ILSAC GF-5
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Qasiim: 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
autotrader2:

Look through my thread you will see a post about identifying the Obsolete Toyota Oil from Dubai. It has explicit pictures with some of them rated SL, that's not for use with many modern cars. And the sad thing is they are usually sold at Optimum prizes to unsuspecting users.
So if the one with Arabic inscriptions work excellently for you then carry on. I am addressing the needs of users with modern cars usually imported from the US. Such cars require the best quality oils, and mostly, such oils come from the US, and are rated API SN ILSAC GF-5
The one I used was "SM" fully synthetic.It is appropriate for 2007 model car.But obsolete /dated doesn't mean inferior!Best of luck in your sales
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
Qasiim:

The one I used was "SM" fully synthetic.It is appropriate for 2007 model car.But obsolete /dated doesn't mean inferior!Best of luck in your sales
SN ratings is better than SM
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by autotrader2: 3:59am On Apr 04, 2017
kingreign:

Exactly my point. You will see the sellers of Dubai SL and SM rated oils avoid this thread like mad now. Toyota Oil in metal cans from Dubai are usually of that stock. They have been capitalizing on the ignorance of buyers to sell obsolete oils at premium prices. That's so wrong
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Qasiim: 5:47am On Apr 04, 2017
kingreign:
Depends on the model of your car.
From what I read from various car forums ,SN is the most current but SM is appropriate for a 2007-8 car.
I am not disputing the fact that SN is better though,but is SM inferior or just an older version for older cars?
Good morning people
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 8:21am On Apr 04, 2017
Qasiim:

Depends on the model of your car.
From what I read from various car forums ,SN is the most current but SM is appropriate for a 2007-8 car.
I am not disputing the fact that SN is better though,but is SM inferior or just an older version for older cars?
Good morning people
Its best to use better ratings. SN.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Qasiim: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2017
kingreign:

Its best to use better ratings. SN.
Morning Bro,Maybe I am not asking my question properly.I now know that SN is the most current and probably better for new vehicle.My question is,Is SM inferior
Inferior to me means fake or sub-standard.I don't know much about cars let me use tech that I know a little to try to ask my question.
The newest iPhone @ this point is iPhone 7.Does this make make the iPhone 6 "inferior"
If you are conversant with Aliexpress ,you can find an iPhone 7 with android 4.4.2 O.S for like $100 and there about usually referred to as clone.
My question is the original iPhone 6 inferior because it is an older model ? or is this iPhone 7 clone with android 4.4.2 OS not the inferior one ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.