Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160252 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
ivoryhouse:

Ok. if you got a 2015 camry xle and 2015 avalon xle touring at the same price, which would you buy? The cars are clean title with manufacturers waranty
I'd go Avalon cos I'm more inclined to luxury cars
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ivoryhouse(m): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
kingreign:
I'd go Avalon cos I'm more inclined to luxury cars
Have you seen the 2015 toyota camry xle?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
ivoryhouse:

Have you seen the 2015 toyota camry xle?
I have.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ivoryhouse(m): 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
kingreign:

I have.
I feel it looks cooler than the avalon. the avalon is long but really beautiful though its my friends call eventually. thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dino2006(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello house. I drive a 2000 Toyota Camry. After driving for about 6 hours, I turned off my engine to get something, only for the engine to refuse to start after several attempts. It was Cranking like it wants to start, but will not start.
I bought fuel, still refused to start. After sometime, the engine started. I went on to fill the fuel tank. Right now, the car is not starting, just like it acted up before. What could be the problem?
The car was bought as Tokunbo and it's only 2 wks old.
Pls help a brother in need.
Cc lomomike
Cc kingreign
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 4:17am On Jan 24, 2016
dino2006:
Hello house. I drive a 2000 Toyota Camry. After driving for about 6 hours, I turned off my engine to get something, only for the engine to refuse to start after several attempts. It was Cranking like it wants to start, but will not start.
I bought fuel, still refused to start. After sometime, the engine started. I went on to fill the fuel tank. Right now, the car is not starting, just like it acted up before. What could be the problem?
Cc lomomike
Cc kingreign

check fuel pump, fuel return pressure line, CTS sensor if theyre working and replace defective component.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 4:18am On Jan 24, 2016
dino2006:
Cc lomomike
Cc kingreign

check fuel pump, fuel return pressure line, CTS sensor if theyre working and replace defective component.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dino2006(m): 7:45am On Jan 24, 2016
kingreign:

Thanks alot. I can't possibly check any of that myself, would have to call a mechanic. Is there any need for a car scan here?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dino2006(m): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2016
kingreign:

Av not been able to access a mechanic yet, coz today being Sunday. But I was thinking, could it be a wet spark plug problem? Can the fuel pump suddenly go bad without the preceeding signs of jerking and misfiring? Just thinking out loud though. It's not my field.
Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena
Cc ikenna351
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rockiedink(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
dino2006:

Av not been able to access a mechanic yet, coz today being Sunday. But I was thinking, could it be a wet spark plug problem? Can the fuel pump suddenly go bad without the preceeding signs of jerking and misfiring? Just thinking out loud though. It's not my field.
Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena
Cc ikenna351

You have a point there...I'm tending towards the sensor or a problem with your fuel pressure line as kingreign said...

But best option I get a mechanic who knows his onions to look at it; not a trial and error padi o!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dino2006(m): 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
rockiedink:

You have a point there...I'm tending towards the sensor or a problem with your fuel pressure line as kingreign said...

But best option I get a mechanic who knows his onions to look at it; not a trial and error padi o!
Thanks. Will a scan help narrow down the problem?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rockiedink(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
dino2006:

Thanks. Will a scan help narrow down the problem?

If it's a problem in your fuel supply line...perhaps not...

But hey, if you have access to scanner, get it checked...it could throw up things you never knew.

If you're in or around Akilo road, Ogba, hit me up, I might help with a scan...that's if you don't have access to one.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dino2006(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
rockiedink:

If it's a problem in your fuel supply line...perhaps not...

But hey, if you have access to scanner, get it checked...it could throw up things you never knew.

If you're in or around Akilo road, Ogba, hit me up, I might help with a scan...that's if you don't have access to one.

Aww thanks alot. Sadly, am in far away sokoto. Don't even know if any car scanning technician exists here.
The temperature gauge on the dash seem to be working, as it rises from 0 to about midway when I on the ignition.
Also, I can't seem to find any fuel leak points along the tubings. Perhaps I didn't check well.
I can't ascertain the condition of the fuel pump.
Pls how do I effectively isolate a Faulty fuel pump, without doing the trial and error approach?
Cc rockiedink
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dino2006(m): 11:23am On Jan 25, 2016
Hello house.
Got a mechanic to check the car up for me, turned out the fuel pump wás busted. After spending 5k, my car is up and running now.
Thanks everyone for ur support.
Cc @rockiedink cc @kingreign.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rockiedink(m): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
dino2006:
Hello house.
Got a mechanic to check the car up for me, turned out the fuel pump wás busted. After spending 5k, my car is up and running now.
Thanks everyone for ur support.
Cc @rockiedink cc @kingreign.

Good to hear you fixed it...enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Unionised(m): 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2016
Hello all,
take a look at my mechanic's quote for parts for my Rav4 2003 version.

Shocks absorber 40k,
stab linkage 14k,
stabilizer rod 18k,
ball joint 25k

Can you confirm these prices for me?

Also, what could cause a stabilizer rod to break into two. This has happened twice to my car.

Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena
Cc ikenna351
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rockiedink(m): 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Unionised:
Hello all,

Shocks absorber 40k,
stab linkage 14k,
stabilizer rod 18k,
ball joint 25k

Also, what could cause a stabilizer rod to break into two. This has happened twice to my car.

Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena
Cc ikenna351

If you are in Lagos, stroll to Ladipo and window-shop...you could also pick up a few things and get contact nos...

Your stabiliser rod can shear for so many reasons...terrain, age, rust...It's really a variety of reasons

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
Unionised:
Hello all,

Shocks absorber 40k,
stab linkage 14k,
stabilizer rod 18k,
ball joint 25k

Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena
Cc ikenna351

There are OEM and after market parts, there are after market that are crap and after market that will last as long as oem e.g (Kyb struts) provide brand names and origin of parts, and I might be able to give you a price list.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pls help me out, I had an issue with my car ,I had to visit the mechanic shop earlier today ,the guy removed my battery heads before proceeding wen he was done he put dem back and I started my car but noticed the navigation screen was blank and reads d following: insert map DVD , I ejected and reinserted the map disc twice den another message came on ; "system loading, don't turn off power" for a long time.. pls has anybody experienced this before? . its a Toyota Camry 2010 model
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by eduxerxes: 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Twinkletwinkle:
Pls help me out, I had an issue with my car ,I had to visit the mechanic shop earlier today ,the guy removed my battery heads before proceeding wen he was done he put dem back and I started my car but noticed the navigation screen was blank and reads d following: insert map DVD , I ejected and reinserted the map disc twice den another message came on ; "system loading, don't turn off power" for a long time.. pls has anybody experienced this before? . its a Toyota Camry 2010 model
I drive a similar Camry model, my experience was that the car key was on ignition when the ba3 head was removed. It practically wiped clean all the memory readings already accumulated. Had to get a technician to do a reset. I advice u do same.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GoodDike: 11:49am On Feb 04, 2016
My 2009 Camry car V6 vibrates as soon as i start speeding, after a while it normalises, what could be the cause and solutions as well. Pls help.
Also I discover gear oil leakage from under the car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GoodDike: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2016
Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena
Cc ikenna351
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honmusa(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
dino2006:

Aww thanks alot. Sadly, am in far away sokoto. Don't even know if any car scanning technician exists here.
The temperature gauge on the dash seem to be working, as it rises from 0 to about midway when I on the ignition.
Also, I can't seem to find any fuel leak points along the tubings. Perhaps I didn't check well.
I can't ascertain the condition of the fuel pump.
Pls how do I effectively isolate a Faulty fuel pump, without doing the trial and error approach?
Cc rockiedink
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Since you are in a remote area where u can not get anybody to scan for you then you contact autologic @ 08061166316 to order for a SCANNER (OBDLINK SX SCANTOOL AND ANALYSIS) https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink
Delivery is free to any region in Nigeria and you can as well go through konga to order http://www .konga . com/fastest-car-obdii-pc-based-scanner-1619426

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
GoodDike:
My 2009 Camry car V6 vibrates as soon as i start speeding, after a while it normalises, what could be the cause and solutions as well. Pls help.
Also I discover gear oil leakage from under the car.

vehicle is notorious for inner CV joint wear. It could also be your engine mount. Come for a free diagnosis of the problem if in lagos. 08033910382
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by cynhamscakes(f): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
What an educative thread. Have learnt alot.
Big thanks to all the contributors.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AutoMechAK: 3:57am On Feb 05, 2016
For your Car Service and Repairs in Ikorodu, Ketu, Ikeja, and Berger environs call: 08182617098 or 08067989054

Expect a good service from us.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
pls my 2009 Toyota corolla (2AZ-FE) engine oil shortens. I usually change d oil at every 4500km. car is 8yrs old. now, it hardly gets to 4500km. no leakage, no fumes in d exhaust system. any suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
mejai:
pls my 2009 Toyota corolla (2AZ-FE) engine oil shortens. I usually change d oil at every 4500km. car is 8yrs old. now, it hardly gets to 4500km. no leakage, no fumes in d exhaust system. any suggestion will be appreciated.

Whats the mileage?
Hope youre aware 2AZ-FE has a manufacturer's defext of burning oil?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
kingreign:

Whats the mileage?
Hope youre aware 2AZ-FE has a manufacturer's defext of burning oil?
my broda, I don see people's comment about it on d net. mileage is 147912km. (it was bought brand new, SA model)
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
mejai:

my broda, I don see people's comment about it on d net. mileage is 147912km. (it was bought brand new, SA model)

Which kind palm oyel engine oil you dey use to service the engine?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
kingreign:

Which kind palm oyel engine oil you dey use to service the engine?
chai! I don die grin d palm oil Na normal 20W50. Mobil xhp.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
mejai:

chai! I don die grin d palm oil [bl Na normal 20W50. Mobil xhp. [/b]

Bros, do compression test, if low, replace engine, i no fit recommend rebuild of engine to you because if nurey's case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.