Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:30 PM

PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor (1455 Views)

Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos / Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / Kashamu Donates 30 Trailers Of Rice To Osun Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Martin Elechi, said rice produced bythe Peoples Democratic Party , PDP , will soon flood the markets in Nigeria.

The governor stated this on Wednesday at the National Secretariat of the PDP in Abuja when he went to pay a New Year courtesy visit to the party officials.

Mr. Elechi said his administration has established three high capacity rice mills spread in the three senatorial zones of the state with a view to tapping the available agricultural endowments.

“These world class rice mills will no doubt boost our efforts in ensuring a zero rice importation regime in the country.
PDP rice will soon flood the market,” he said.

In the statement announcing Mr. Elechi’s visit and signed by the PDP National Publicity secretary, Olisa Metuh, the governor did not state if he intends to brand the rice withthe PDP logo or insignia or if he was only referring metaphorically to the PDP Government’s achievement.

Governor Elechi also commended the National Chairman of the party, Bamanga Tukur and other members of the National Working Committee, NWC, for holding high, the core vision of the Party despite minor disagreements on issues.

“We are here to pay our solidarity to you and the NWC for the commendable leadership you give to the Party and through that, to the nation. We came to say a happy new year and keep you a breast of our efforts in service to the people of Ebonyi State,” he said.

In his remarks, Mr. Tukur described food security as a fundamental factor to peace and unity in Nigeriaand paid glowing tributes to the commitment of the Ebonyi State Governor, to the development of the Ebonyi State Governor, to the development of agriculture.

“Food security is fundamental to a peaceful and united Nigeria. It is for this reason that the founding fathers of our great party anchored the prosperity of our dear nation on the full exploitation of our vast agricultural potentials so that we can sufficiently feed ourpeople as well has enough for export,”

Mr. Tukur said.
“Your vote for massive agricultural development in Ebonyi state is an issue at the heart of the manifesto of our great Party while the gains you have so far recorded are proofto the efficacy of our party’s objectives in agriculture,” he added.

According to Mr. Tukur, “because agriculture holds the key to food and job security, the PDP led Federal Government has keyed in job opportunities in the agricultural sector as a veritable weapon in tackling the current security challenges in the country.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116604-pdp-rice-to-flood-nigeria-ebonyi-governor.html

ANOTHER REPORT STILL ON AGRIC

Nigeria approves N180m to buy wheat seeds

The Federal Government has approved the release of N180 million for the purchase of foundation seeds from wheat farmers at the Bakalori irrigation site in Zamfara .

The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Akinwumi Adesina, announced this while distributing fertiliser and improved rice seeds to the farmers.

Mr. Adesina, represented by his Minister of State, Bukar Tijjani, said that the federal government has directed the registration of 8,000 farmers, who participated in the production of the foundation seeds but were not captured under the ministry’s programmes. He said the wheat seeds will be distributed to the farmers for use during the 2013 irrigation season.

The minister also restated the commitment of the government to the revitalisation of wheat production in the country and providing alternative markets for the produce.

He equally assured that the government would create appropriate market for all the rice produced under the irrigation programme this year.

“The federal government has remained focused and committed to the success of the on-going transformation in the agricultural sector.

“The government will also not relent in providing appropriate incentives to boost the welfare andeconomy of the farmers.

“President Goodluck Jonathan has resolved to make agriculture the corner stone of the administration’s policy on poverty reduction, economic growth and national security through the attainment of food security,’’ he said.

He urged youth in the country to take advantage of the agricultural transformation agenda and participate actively in farming.

Also speaking, the Minister of State for Works, Bashir Yuguda, said that government has donated N250 million to victims of recent floods in the state, and 750 tons of assorted grains as assistance.

Mr. Yuguda urged the state government to be transparent in the distribution of the donation to only those affected.

About 11, 000 hectares of rice farms are being cultivated at the Bakalori irrigation site, which stretches through 14 local government areas of the state.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116548-nigeria-approves-n180m-to-buy-wheat-seeds.html
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by takedat(m): 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
So PDP now owns a rice mill? Does the land and funds used in establishing the rice mills belong to PDP? This is the reason why charlatans and opportunists should never be made leaders.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Ikengawo: 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
ACN garri nko?
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
The agric transformation agenda of the federal govt is spreading like wild fire.

I banned the purchase of imported rice in my house last year. We now buy locally produced rice- Ebony Super to be precise. What I found interesting is that the locally produced rice is fresher, slightly cheaper (though not available in 50kg) or same price as imported in some places, of very good quality and available in the market (at least in Enugu). Presently, I dont think there's any justifiable reason for any Nigerian, residing where quality local rice is available, to chose to buy imported rice rather than 9ja made rice.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by taharqa: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
The gov spoilt what is obviously a good tin (and very real, I can attest) by calling it 'PDP Rice'. What d helll does dat mean?.... Just frivilious, except d gov was speaking Metaphorically
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by taharqa: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The agric transformation agenda of the federal govt is spreading like wild fire.

I banned the purchase of imported rice in my house last year. We now buy locally produced rice- Ebony Super to be precise. What I found interesting is that the locally produced rice is fresher, slightly cheaper (though not available in 50kg) or same price as imported in some places, of very good quality and available in the market (at least in Enugu). Presently, I dont think there's any justifiable reason for any Nigerian, residing where quality local rice is available, to chose to buy imported rice rather than 9ja made rice.
+1million likes..... Where do we find these newly milld local rice in d Benin-Asaba axis??
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
taharqa: +1million likes..... Where do we find these newly milld local rice in d Benin-Asaba axis??
Ebony rice is being produced at a privately owned rice milling plant in Ebonyi. I'm not sure its available outside the east. But there are other privately owned rice milling plants in the southwest which should have penetrated the Benin axis.

Anyway, if you ask specifically for high quality locally produced rice, I think you'll find some
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pls when is this man leaving office? SMH @ PDP rice.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by jmaine: 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Which one come be PDP rice undecided

Over excitement dey breed yeye talk . . . . .
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ikengawo: ACN garri nko?
I'm waiting for CPC Zobo grin
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls when is this man leaving office? SMH @ PDP rice.
It is obvious the governor was speaking FIGURATIVELY. You should know, except you'r just feigning ignorance
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by EkoIle1: 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
PDP rice? I was going to laugh, but this is very sad. Coming from a governor too? smh..
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Jerie(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
PDP Rice?
Reminds me of Fayose's poultry project, ans Odili's power projects, and Turaki's foreign investors.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
This shows how useless PDP is as a party

What of APGA water?
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
dayokanu: This shows how useless PDP is as a party

What of APGA water?
Apga water ke? na Apga palm oil i know courtesy of my state governor. Pdp with its clueless and meaningless ideas. smh.... just watch as the dumbfuck approves billions of naira for the nonsense Pdp abakaliki stone infested rice.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by taharqa: 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
berem: Apga water ke? na Apga palm oil i know courtesy of my state governor. Pdp with its clueless and meaningless ideas. smh.... just watch as the dumbfuck approves billions of naira for the nonsense Pdp abakaliki stone infested rice.
You hv grown from been a Sensible poster to bn almost predictably sillly when eva u open yr mouth now.......*smh*

1 Like

Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
taharqa: You hv grown from been a Sensible poster to bn almost predictably sillly when eva u open yr mouth now.......*smh*
that's your cup of tea.say whatever you like but don't you dare insult me cos i won't fail to give it back to you. l must not be a pdp or Jonathan 's fan to please people like you on this forum. I have every right to say my grievances and i don't expect people like you to keep on attacking me because i spoke my mind.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by fkaz(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
PDP rice? They shld not 4get to extend the rice to boko haram also
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by achi4u(m): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
He talks as if he is the one cultivating this rice..

Staying in Abuja and making senseless statement.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by achi4u(m): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
@berem
When was the last time you tested Abakaliki rice?
Let me tell you that Abakaliki rice has already penetreted almost all the markets in this country,people come from far and near to purchase this commodity making it even very costly for we that are enjoying it.
With their modern milling and distoning equipment you will hadly differenciate btw your "dearly foreign rice" with the local ones.

Why not face the governor and leave Abakaliki rice ALONE!
The gov only made a figuratively and political comment.

Once again your brain needs to be DISTONED.

IBIRIACHI

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
the owner of that rice mill is chief charles ugwu who is actually from imo state.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
achi4u: @berem
When was the last time you tested Abakaliki rice?
Let me tell you that Abakaliki rice has already penetreted almost all the markets in this country,people come from far and near to purchase this commodity making it even very costly for we that are enjoying it.
With their modern milling and distoning equipment you will hadly differenciate btw your "dearly foreign rice" with the local ones.

Why not face the governor and leave Abakaliki rice ALONE!
The gov only made a figuratively and political comment.

Once again your brain needs to be DISTONED.

IBIRIACHI

prove to me that there are no stones in abakaliki rice. infact the one i ate last week almost reduced my teeth from 32 to 28.Am not against the production of abakaliki rice but tagging it 'Pdp rice ' is absolutely rubbish.
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by achi4u(m): 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
berem: prove to me that there are no stones in abakaliki rice. infact the one i ate last week almost reduced my teeth from 32 to 28.Am not against the production of abakaliki rice but tagging it 'Pdp rice ' is absolutely rubbish.
Maybe you forgot to cover your pot while cooking and smh one of ur kids pour some 'CUPS OF SAND' in it.
lolgrin
The one am eating is very neat with no stone and could hadly differenciate btw oyibo own and our own.

Remember there many types of rice in the market...

go for original...
Re: PDP Rice To Flood Nigeria – Ebonyi Governor by soma042(m): 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
i smell envy.
9ja lets glow up.
Congrat to the peeps of ebonyi state. More of that

(1) (Reply)

2015: PDP Will Lose Without Breakaway Governors – Tambuwal / Nothing To Write Home About As Nigeria Turns 53 / Ahmadu Ali, Edwin Clark’s Wife, Get Board Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.