Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! (11435 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Untold Story Of How 21 Nigerians Made First List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 24, 2013
Exclusive Story About OBJ's Leadership Success- The Power of Sacrifice

Many had been wondering what’s behind Obasanjo’s so much power and authority in the Nigerian politics and power in general, but after reading this exclusive true life story, you will understand the reason behind his unprecedented success in Nigeria’s leadership.

In order not to waste much of your time, I am going to skip the biography of Obasanjo, at least, you can google it and read for yourself if you have interest in that, but for now, let’s go straight to the untold story about former Nigerian Military Head of State and Executive President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, fondly known as OBJ.

I came across this story while researching on the life of the past acclaimed leader, and I must tell you that I was stunned beyond imagination. And to further clarify issues, I got the story from a reliable source, and it goes like this:

How Obasanjo’s Father gave him out as a slave servant to redeem the church of God.

The above title is a summary you can take home in case you want to narrate it to people.

There was this community church where Obasanjo’s father worshipped and a time arise that the church needed to erect a church building, and there was no enough finance to fund the church building project, so that the church had to reach an agreement to approach a certain man who sold timber to sell timbers to the church on credit.

As it occurred, the man gave them the exact quantity of timbers required to build the church, on the agreement that the church will pay him in a certain agreed period of time.

Unfortunately, the church couldn’t meet up with the credit, so the man sent them several messages to pay up, but the church still couldn’t meet up with the target. Therefore on one faithful Sunday morning during church service, according to my source, the man stormed the church demanding for his money or that he would dismantle the church roof to get back his timbers. At this point, Obasanjo’s father got so embarrassed and challenged to the extent that he ran to the man and pleaded on behalf of the church to take responsibility of the church credit, by offering his son, former president Obasanjo who was then a teenage boy, to be taken by the man as a slave boy to be working for him without pay. He told the man to calculate how many years it would take his son to serve him to be able to offset the church credit, and according to my source, OBJ served the man for nothing less than two years just to offset the church bill.

Now, after OBJ served the man for a certain number of years and the Church bill was offsetted, the church parish priest invited OBJ and his father to the altar, and prayed like this:

According to my source, before he began the prayer, he stared at OBJ again and again, and then he paused before going on with the prayer saying,

“Your father volunteered you willingly to save the church from shame, to save the church in time of crises, my son; I decree that you shall be a rescue to this nation. Whenever there is crises in this nation, and there is a search for someone to rescue the nation, I decree that you shall be the one to be called upon,” and that was it.

Now, as OBJ began to grow, this prophecy began to manifest from the time of the Biafran war when OBJ headed the Nigerian army battalion towards Biafran frontline till the time he became a military head of state in 1976.

Let’s recall that during the 1976 bloody coup d’état that ousted the then military head of state, General Muritala Muhammed, and the nation was thrown into turmoil, and there was a search for who to replace the slain head of state since the coup failed, as the masterminder, Major Dimka was arrested at Afikpo, the only qualified person to take up the vacant position of Nigeria’s military head of state was Major General Olusegun Obasanjo.

Again in 1999, after the so much power tussle and exchange, and following the mysterious death of the then head of state, General Sani Abacha, which saw General Abdulsalami Abubakar into power, who then saw a need to return power to the civilians, and a search began for who to occupy the much sort office of the Nigerian president, OBJ, who was then in jail on accusation of coup, and whose counterparts, including the elder brother of the late president Musa Yaradua, had given up the ghost, was once again called upon to come and vie for the post of presidency, in which he won the former vice president Alex Ekwueme in a controversial PDP party primary election. Finally, that second call saw OBJ into Nigeria’s corridor of power for the second time as an elected commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces.

Exclusive story from- Ng Blog (http://www.facebook.com/ngozikablog)

Re: Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Too much rubbish in one single post.
Re: Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! by braine(m): 5:21am On Jan 24, 2013
Someone please remind me of the meaning of success again, seems it has been changed.
Re: Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! by musiwa12: 5:22am On Jan 24, 2013
that nonsense, i will let them remove the roof and close down that church if they can. child abuse by the church
Re: Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 24, 2013
Whatever happens in the physical world we live in today, has connection with the spiritual world; whether we are pagan, believers, or idol worshipper, it has nothing to do with that truth.

And human success and failure cannot be divorced from:

1. Hard work
2. Star/destiny/luck/etc (which are spiritually driven/controlled)
3. Environment
4. Timing

and then others like- preparation, determination, etc.... smiley
Re: Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! by Abagworo(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2013
Obasanjo is the greatest Nigerian alive. No diggity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2015: We’ll Push Out PDP –buhari, Tinubu / Buhari Lacks Capacity – Peter Obi’s Spokesperson, Kenneth Okonkwo (Video) / 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.