Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi (11380 Views)

Bayelsa Economy Collapses: Eyewitness Account By Visiting Journalist / FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jonathan Has assaulted The Sensibilities of Muslims by Visiting Jerusalem-Gumi

Respected Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi has said that President Jonathan's pilgrimage to Israel has assaulted the sensibilities of Muslims and in his opinion shows that President Jonathan is not a good Christian.

Read his views below

JONATHAN IN ISRAEL

I am not a keen political commentator probably because my brain also filters information through the prism of religion, but I definitely now believe that Mr. Jonathan is neither a politician nor does he mean well for other Nigerians.

His ‘tourism’ to Israel is a big political blunder, I said tourism because its never in the annals of true Christianity to partake pilgrimage as it’s a cardinal tenets of Islam to go on such pilgrimage to three most Ancient mosques in the World. In a hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Huraira, the prophet – peace be upon him was quoted as saying: “No religious journey is allowed except to three mosques”. They are the Makkah mosque, the Medina mosque and the Jerusalem mosque.

Nigeria along with many other African and world countries has sided with the plight of the Palestinians that were forced out of their homeland, killed and scattered. There are still Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and all over the world. They are prevented from entering their mother land just because it was confiscated by the Western powers with Israel used as a ‘front’. It’s a share case of colonization with expulsion of the rightful occupants. For this reason no Nigerian president in the past, Muslim or Christian has visited Israel in order not to honor such injustice.

Today Nigeria riddled with insurmountable political, economic and social problems, our least priority is a state visit to a controversial state where human suffering is the norm of the day. What do we stand to gain from Israel? For one, the Jews -I am saying this without any prejudice- are traditionally known to be misers while we African are seldom not beggars. Charity is not in there lexicon. Jesus – alaihis Salam- has condemned them in the most explicable terms no other human has done. ‘Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?’M't:23:33.
In the Quran, Jews were also cursed with misery and lowliness; they can only parasite on other nations to survive and on Allah’s mercy on occasions. Allah said: “ Shame is pitched over them (Like a tent) wherever they are found, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah and from men; they draw on themselves wrath from Allah, and pitched over them is (the tent of) destitution. This because they rejected the Signs of Allah, and slew the prophets in defiance of right; this because they rebelled and transgressed beyond bounds”. Q3/112

Notherless the Quran in fairness said “Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. “ Q3/113.

What concern us now, is that Jonathan has succumbed to the pressure to support the Jews at the detriment of the oppressed Palestinians and the teaming millions of Nigerians living under the most appalling conditions, our children out of schools, and the ostentatious life style of his ministers, cronies and oil thieves.

If Jonathan wants religious peace in Nigeria, his visit to a religiously controversial state is a mistake. The message is that he is insensitive to Muslim’s sensibility. There is share recklessness in such an adventure. Truly Islam has enjoined Muslims to interact, mutually benefit with the Jews in business and marriage. Muslims are allowed to eat their food, therefore it should be understood that the Muslim’s apathy towards them is because of Zionism and the plight of their fellow Muslims. The Jewish experience is Spain under the Muslim rule is well documented. They prefer Muslim’s treatment to the Christians. Even in recent history what the German Nazi did to the Jews cannot be effaced.

My advice to Israel is that they should not interfere with Nigerian problems, treat Mr. Jonathan as a simple tourist. As I also beseech them to facilitate Muslims going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem as instructed by the prophet of Mercy.

May Allah protect us from all evil! Amin.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/jonathan-has-assaulted-the-sensibilities-of-muslims-by-visiting-jerusalem-gumi

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Chaleeee: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
This guy shd shut up already

28 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by cjrane: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hehehehe....
But muslims don't assualt the sensibilities of Christians when they visit Mecca and Medina?

51 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by seanet01: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
This man is maddddddd

24 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by atlwireles: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
He speaks for millions of muslim in this country and Apc e-rats agree with him. This was their country till Jonah came along.

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
It is necessary for us as a people to understand the mindset of these Jihardists.

and we are still advising Biafrans that it is time we call a spade a spade!
We don't and can never have anything in common with these folks.

One Nigeria is a lie! If we ignore these signs, a day shall come when it will be too late.
Now is the time.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by dontjealousme: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nigeria can never be a muslim country. It is an African Country.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Awakulowo2: 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
I don't think Gumi is making any sense here. GEJ is a Christian and he can visit the holy land as a Christian and the President of the most populous Black Nation. The only problem here is the number of ibos that travelled with him. ibos are there for their selfish interest, ask Stella Oduah. The ibos should have travelled as biafrans not as Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by henchamb(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
When sambo fashola and even speaker tambuwal visited their holy land dressed like those going to okija shrine. We didn't complain. Now why is this fo.ol making noise.

42 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
Awakulowo2: I don't think Gumi is making any sense here. GEJ is a Christian and he can visit the holy land as a Christian and the President of the most populous Black Nation. The only problem here is the number of ibos that travelled with him. ibos are there for their selfish interest, ask Stella Oduah. The ibos should have travelled as biafrans not as Nigerians.

They cannot travel as Biafrans yet because we are still being forced to be Nigerians!
Time is coming and we will not travel as Nigerians anymore.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by mike404(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
PROPHET SHEIK GUMI NEED A SERIOUS MEDICAL ATTENTION sad

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ikweremilitant: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
noblezone: Jonathan Has assaulted The Sensibilities of Muslims by Visiting Jerusalem-Gumi

Respected Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi has said that President Jonathan's pilgrimage to Israel has assaulted the sensibilities of Muslims and in his opinion shows that President Jonathan is not a good Christian.

Read his views below

JONATHAN IN ISRAEL

I am not a keen political commentator probably because my brain also filters information through the prism of religion, but I definitely now believe that Mr. Jonathan is neither a politician nor does he mean well for other Nigerians.

His ‘tourism’ to Israel is a big political blunder, I said tourism because its never in the annals of true Christianity to partake pilgrimage as it’s a cardinal tenets of Islam to go on such pilgrimage to three most Ancient mosques in the World. In a hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Huraira, the prophet – peace be upon him was quoted as saying: “No religious journey is allowed except to three mosques”. They are the Makkah mosque, the Medina mosque and the Jerusalem mosque.

Nigeria along with many other African and world countries has sided with the plight of the Palestinians that were forced out of their homeland, killed and scattered. There are still Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and all over the world. They are prevented from entering their mother land just because it was confiscated by the Western powers with Israel used as a ‘front’. It’s a share case of colonization with expulsion of the rightful occupants. For this reason no Nigerian president in the past, Muslim or Christian has visited Israel in order not to honor such injustice.

Today Nigeria riddled with insurmountable political, economic and social problems, our least priority is a state visit to a controversial state where human suffering is the norm of the day. What do we stand to gain from Israel? For one, the Jews -I am saying this without any prejudice- are traditionally known to be misers while we African are seldom not beggars. Charity is not in there lexicon. Jesus – alaihis Salam- has condemned them in the most explicable terms no other human has done. ‘Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?’M't:23:33.
In the Quran, Jews were also cursed with misery and lowliness; they can only parasite on other nations to survive and on Allah’s mercy on occasions. Allah said: “ Shame is pitched over them (Like a tent) wherever they are found, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah and from men; they draw on themselves wrath from Allah, and pitched over them is (the tent of) destitution. This because they rejected the Signs of Allah, and slew the prophets in defiance of right; this because they rebelled and transgressed beyond bounds”. Q3/112

Notherless the Quran in fairness said “Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. “ Q3/113.

What concern us now, is that Jonathan has succumbed to the pressure to support the Jews at the detriment of the oppressed Palestinians and the teaming millions of Nigerians living under the most appalling conditions, our children out of schools, and the ostentatious life style of his ministers, cronies and oil thieves.

If Jonathan wants religious peace in Nigeria, his visit to a religiously controversial state is a mistake. The message is that he is insensitive to Muslim’s sensibility. There is share recklessness in such an adventure. Truly Islam has enjoined Muslims to interact, mutually benefit with the Jews in business and marriage. Muslims are allowed to eat their food, therefore it should be understood that the Muslim’s apathy towards them is because of Zionism and the plight of their fellow Muslims. The Jewish experience is Spain under the Muslim rule is well documented. They prefer Muslim’s treatment to the Christians. Even in recent history what the German Nazi did to the Jews cannot be effaced.

My advice to Israel is that they should not interfere with Nigerian problems, treat Mr. Jonathan as a simple tourist. As I also beseech them to facilitate Muslims going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem as instructed by the prophet of Mercy.

May Allah protect us from all evil! Amin.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/jonathan-has-assaulted-the-sensibilities-of-muslims-by-visiting-jerusalem-gumi
please can some one show ths he goat the way to yaba psychiatric home

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by fkaz(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jonathan visit to Israel most have hit this mallam with heavy blow, someone should give this man pain relief tablet

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by mike404(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
atlwireles: He speaks for millions of muslim in this country and Apc e-rats agree with him. This was their country till Jonah came along.
I'M PATIENTLY WAITING FOR JIHADISTS LIKE TOLEXANDER, DEMDEM AND ALL NAIRALAND VIRGIN HUNTERS TO INVADE THIS THREAD AS USUAL

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Femolacaster(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Although i am not a Gej fan, but to be candid, this Gumi is mentally deranged. Didn't Yaradua go for hajj as well as Atiku. Let that eediot know that Nigeria is not an islamic state.

24 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by blesoh(f): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
this man is confused,please he is a christian for crying out loud.wetin person no go see or hear wid all this aboki.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
mike404: PROPHET SHEIK GUMI NEED A SERIOUS MEDICAL ATTENTION sad

ikwere militant: please can some one show ths he goat the way to yaba psychiatric home

But he is not alone in this.

the is the mentality of the average Moslem in the North!

This was why my kinsmen were killed when America attacked Iraq.

When we call for Biafra, some people misunderstand us for ethnic bigots.

The ugly truth is that the Jihardists in the North will never reform.
This is the crap they are selling to their followers!

And I am saying that for Nigeria to move forward, we might have to close the mosques in Northern Nigeria and convert them to schools.
And we all know that such will never happen.

I don't blame Gumi and his likes either, I blame Lord Luggard.

But we can correct this error of 1914 now.

It is just that the South South will not accept, else, I would have suggested that the South South should agree to still give the Jihardists crude oil till it finishes, but let us draw our boundaries now.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by FreeGlobe(f): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Awakulowo2: I don't think Gumi is making any sense here. GEJ is a Christian and he can visit the holy land as a Christian and the President of the most populous Black Nation. The only problem here is the number of ibos that travelled with him. ibos are there for their selfish interest, ask Stella Oduah. The ibos should have travelled as biafrans not as Nigerians.
fool did you expect the igbos to go to Mecca? Pilgrimage or not, Stella Oduah stays put. A million cries from the south west cannot change nothing

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Delafruita(m): 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
cjrane: Hehehehe....
But muslims don't assualt the sensibilities of Christians when they visit Mecca and Medina?
some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by gleaf: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
This is one of the reasons why I will still vote for GEJ come 2015!!!!

37 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Wsdm: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
Femolacaster: Although i am not a Gej fan, but to be candid, this Gumi is mentally deranged. Didn't Yaradua go for hajj as well as Atiku. Let that eediot know that Nigeria is not an islamic state.
No Muslim hurl direct insult to an elderly Christians in the age of Gumi. That shows the level of training and self discipline between the two.
Back to the issue; If Jonathan visits that place on personal religious ground, no problem. But his entourage is pointing at STATE-PILGRIMS-VISITS. And this should concern the adherents of other faiths because , he is not the president of a particular religion.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Awakulowo2: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I am a fool did I expect the igbos to go to Mecca? Pilgrimage or not, Stella Oduah stays put. A million cries from the south east cannot change nothing
I have no problem with her being stay put.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by fkaz(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
[size=13pt]time for peaceful cession, either through SNC or any other means. 2015 might be too late [/size]
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by gregg2: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wow......so people still reason like this Gunmi?
The cause of our problems as a country is becoming clearer.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by gleaf: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
[b][/b]
Delafruita: some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician
Gej is there as a christian on pilgrimage! So are you trying to say cos he is a president and going on pilgrimage is not by compulsion for christians he is not suppose to be there? If this trip is disturbing Gumi and co muslims then I won't mind Gej governing us from Jerusalem hotle til 2015....

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Delafruita: some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician

This is where some of you make the greatest mistakes in Nigeria.

In Islam, politics = religion and religion = politics!

Now, you say it is political? Yet, he says it was an assault to moslems!

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by atlwireles: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wsdm:
No Muslim hurl direct insult to an elderly Christians in the age of Gumi. That shows the level of training and self discipline between the two.
Back to the issue; If Jonathan visits that place on personal religious ground, no problem. But his entourage is pointing at STATE-PILGRIMS-VISITS. And this should concern the adherents of other faiths because , he is not the president of a particular religion.

Why do you people like to lie. How many people followed Yaradua or Atiku to Mecca

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by mike404(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
WEY DEM OOOO grin SHAME NO EVEN GREE THAT THUG WEY DEY PARADE HERSELF AS IGBO GEH COMMENT FOR THIS THREAD. OMONNAKODA I GREET UNA O cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Dblack: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
Gumi should talk to his BH brothers to stop insulting the sensibility of humanity by their senseless killing
He didn't see anything wrong with yardua or other president going for priglimage to mecca or the needless amount of money spent by FG on priglims.

Smh, see as insanity dey make news 4 9ja

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Livinusc(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
This man is mad Nigeria is not a Muslim country what is bad. dat President visit Jerusalem on a pilgrimage.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Desric(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
henchamb: When sambo fashola and even speaker tambuwal visited their holy land dressed like those going to okija shrine. We didn't complain. Now why is this fo.ol making noise.
Nigerians will never cease to amuse me, of what purpose does GEJ tourist visit to Israel serve his Religious belief? It is a known fact from time immemorial that Muslims all over the world as a matter of compulsion in fulfilment of the laws and demands of Islam must visit their holy land of Makkah if they can afford it, just like baptism is to the Christian fold.
What the President and his cohorts have done is a big show of shame and disgrace, if he so loved to visit that land, he should have done that quietly and not in this jamboree and wasteful nature. If I may ask, who sponsored this journey and who approved the bill? Anyway, its like the Igbos are part of this jewish tribe, because they are always dependant like parasites, not having a say of their own always hiding under someone's cover, Hypocrisy, Mediocrity and sycophancy is their birthright and trade mark. Nigeria must be better someday if we do not break and divide that's my believe.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by malele(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Thunder fire gumi mouth, useless boko haran HE goat.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Ex-president Obasanjo At 79 / Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive / Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.