Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb (74351 Views)

2015 Waec Civic And Literature Question Ans Answers Release / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume / Government/crs Online Tutorial for jamb and Pume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2013
Pls we shall resume our interactive session on the 28th of june 2013, cos of the processing of my admission, pls bear with me, we shall all come out victorious in our respective schools in Jesus/Allah Name
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Thiannah(f): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
doyinmolah: Correction
1 d, 2 d, 3 d, 4 b, 5 d, 6 d, 7 d, 8 b, 9 d, 10 a, 11 d, 12 d, 13 d, 14 b, 15 a, 16 c, 17 a, 18 d, 19 bonus(would have been better), 20 c, 21 a, 22 b, 23 c, 24 d, 25 a.
Olumoda 56%
Adegbemigunjosh 56%
AdExLaWyEr 56%
promisechild 48%
papindinho 48%
Where are all my oga @ d top na, samtolly, fynestboi, emekakelvin, thiannah and all others, where all of una go, i'm waiting for u guys sooo
sorry, was busy through out the weekend.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Asakel(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
doyinmolah: Pls we shall resume our interactive session on the 28th of june 2013, cos of the processing of my admission, pls bear with me, we shall all come out victorious in our respective schools in Jesus/Allah Name
Amen bwo!
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Asakel(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
Uniben post ume forms now on sale.
Exam to hold july 12 n 13
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
I'm back from OAU e-portal after the successful registration for post ume, now our thread can come alive again. On ur marks, Set, Gooooooooooo
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
Please read the instructions carefully

Choose from the option given A-D, the word that is opposite in meaning to the word appostrophed

1 The able bodied should take care of the ...............
a feeble
b weak minded
c suffering
d soft hearted
2 The chairman ordered him either to withdraw or to ............. his allegation
a affirm
b draw
c express
d complete
3 He shows plenty of ''goodwill'' to his neighbours, but they bear nothing except ............ towards him
a badluck
b malice
c anger
d unhappiness
4 I ''supported'' what you said but I ........... the way you said it
a argue about
b objected to
c interferred with
d inveatigated
5 Though many of us were poor quite a few were .........
a arrogant
b prodigal
c affluent
d luxurious

choose among the options A-D the word that is nearest in meaning to the appostrophed word

6 We consider the recent silver jubilee celebration in the state a very ''historic'' event
a important
b memorable
c ancient
d critical
7 The governor's address during his recent visit to our town was delivered ''extempore''
a out-of-hand
b timely
c off-hand
d expertly
8 One of the candidates was handed over to the police for attending the interview with ''spurious'' credentials
a false
b incomplete
c unsigned
d altered
9 There is a theory that ''postulates'' that all Nigerian languages derive from one source
.a confirms
b affirms
c suggests
d emphasizes
10 The candidate was disqualified as a result of his ''irreverent'' behaviour
a shameful
b disrespectful
c careless
d abnormal

Choose the interpretation that you consider most appropriate for each sentence

11 I can walk that distance and I have done so many times
a i am used to walking that distance
b i am used to walk that distance
c i used to walk that distance
d i will walk that distance
12 We visited the home of one boy, that's the boy i mean
a that's the boy whose home we visited
b that's the boy whom we visited his home
c that's the boy to whose home we visited yesterday
d that's the boy in whose home we visited
13 He was between the devil and the deep blue sea
a he was scared
b he was in danger
c he was in a dilemma
d he stood between the devil and the sea
14 He claimed Mr Okoli's utterance was tantamount to defamation of character, so he sued for ...........
a damage
b some damage
c a damage
d damages
15 The adventurers ran into many ..................
a dear
b dears
c deers
d deer

Choose the preposition the best fills the gaps in the following sentences

16 Please let me have ........... salt in my soup
a few
b a little
c a small
d a few
17 The .......... of all the states in the federation are having a meeting at Abuja
a Attorney - Generals
b Attorneys - Generals
c Attorney - General
d Attorneys - General
18 I am a member of the................
a Parents Teacher Association
b Parent Teachers Association
c Parents Teachers Association
d Parent Teachers' Association
19 Ali plays .......... violin with remarkable skill
a a
b the
c their
d some
20 The board has been having ........... series of meeting lately
a some
b a
c a lot of
d many
21 I do not want ........... from such a friend as Jimoh
a any more advices
b no more advice
c any advices
d any advice
22 The new school is not provided with ........ for science practical
a enough equipment
b equipments
c an equipment
d enough equipments
23 ........ university is ........ institution of higher learning
a An..............an
b An................a
c A...............a
d A...........an
24 They went to the market and bought a suitcase and ................... bag
a a big leather brown
b a leather brown big
c a big brown leather
d a brown big leather
25 At eighteen, Bose is .......... to take care of her sisters
a enough old
b too old
c older enough
d old enough
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
A A B B C B D B A B C A C A D B C B B B B A D C D
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
1.A 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.C 6.B 7.C 8.A 9.C 10.B 11.A 12.B 13.C 14.D 15.D 16.B 17.C 18.B 19.B 20.B 21.D 22.A 23.D 24.C 25.D
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by olalerey(m): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
1)A 2)A 3)A 4)B 5)D 6)B 7)C coolA 9)B 10)C 11)D 12)B 13)C 14)A 15)D 16)B 17)C 18)D 19)B 20)B 21)D 22)A 23)D 24)C 25)D
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:12am On Jun 29, 2013
Wa gbayi padi mi
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 6:15am On Jun 29, 2013
AAAAC
BCABB
AACAC
DDDBC
DADDD

expectng govt oo
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by papindinho(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2013
God bless you Doyin...
1A
2A
3B
4B
5C
6B
7C
8A
9C
10B
11A
12A
13C
14D
15D
16B
17A
18C
19B
20A
21D
22D
23D
24C
25D.....
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by emekakelvin(m): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]Doyinmolah u are d leading figure in ds thread oo

AAADC
AAAAD
ABCDD
BADAB
DACCC
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2013
1. A, 2. A, 3. B 4. B 5. D 6. B 7. C 8. A 9. C 10. B 11. A 12. A 13. C 14. D 15. C 16. B 17. A 18. A 19. B 20. A 21. D 22. A 23. A 24. C 25. D..... Well done Mr Doyin.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 11:19am On Jun 29, 2013
@ everybody, no be me oooooooo na God, all of u are my Oga @ D Top, or dont u guys know. And how's everyone's admission processing going, i'm hoping to see u guys @ d top(including me). Correction coming up shortly

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by papindinho(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2013
doyinmolah: @ everybody, no be me oooooooo na God, all of u are my Oga @ D Top, or dont u guys know. And how's everyone's admission processing going, i'm hoping to see u guys @ d top(including me). Correction coming up shortly
yes boss!! Up we go..............
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by promisechild(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
1.A 2.a 3.c 4.b 5.c 6.b 7.c 8.a 9.d 10.b 11.b 12.a 13c 14.d 15.c 16.b 17.c 18.c 19.b 20.a 21.d'22.a 23.d'24.c' 25.d
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
CORRECTION
1 a
2 a
3 b
4 b
5 c
6 a
7 c
8 a
9 c
10 b
11 a
12 a
13 c
14 d
15 d
16 b
17 d
18 c
19 b
20 b
21 d
22 a
23 d
24 d
25 d

Omat63 - 60%
Adegbemigunjosh - 80%
Olalerey - 56%
Fynestboi 64%
Papindinho - 80%
Emekakelvin - 52%
Samtolly4JESUS - 68%
Promisechild - 68%

EXPLANATION
6 ''Memorable'' means worth or easy to remember.
''Important'' means having a great effect or value or influence.
''Historic'' means important in history or likely to be seen as such in future. Out of all this definitions we can see that ''important'' is the most apparent answer, because historic and important have similar meaning.
16 We used ''a little'' instead of ''a few'' because salt can't be counted, ''little'' is used for things that can't be counted while ''few'' is used for things that can be counted
17 I read(past tense) an english book that states that when adding ''s'' to two words, we should add ''s'' to the word that has more meaning or importance e.g ''Attorneys - General, Attorney has more meaning or importance. Lets look at another example Parents-Teachers-association, you will see that ''s'' was added to Parent and Teachers because they have more meaning
22 Equipment, deer, information etc has no plural form,''do not add ''s''
25 Pls someone should help me out on this one, pls explain how we can arrange or the method we can use to arrange ''adverb'' and ''adjective'' in the correct order because our next question is coming from that angle

N.B: pls consult ur textbooks for more explanations
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by papindinho(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
Oga Doyin.... Pls check the numbering of the correction done #UpWeGo
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by papindinho(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
and sir Doyin the textbook am using chose C as the answer to number 24..... Lamlard English textbook page 148 question number 3..... Size+colour+object
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
papindinho: and sir Doyin the textbook am using chose C as the answer to number 24..... Lamlard English textbook page 148 question number 3..... Size+colour+object
My oga, i am just a small boy ooooo, pls dont use sir for mecheesysmileywink, pls enlighten me more on that topic cos i dont understand it especially how to arrange the adjectives and adverb. Thank you
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
doyinmolah,papadinho and others dis is d simplest way 2 gt it...usin d formula MGSISACVNH
M=Modifier-a,an,the,two,ten,many,some,this,those etc...d modifier deals with quantity
G=General-expensive,handsome,pretty,cheap,intelligent,dull,tough,ugly,gentle,beautiful,wonderful etc it deals wit qualities
SI=Size-big,small,tall,short,slim,fat,large,thin,long,huge,plump,lanky,stout etc
S=Shape-oblong,spherical,rectangular,circular,triangular etc
A=Age-old,new,archaic,young,second-hand,ancient,modern
C=Colour- dark-complexioned,fair complexioned etc
V=Verb-fast-movin,racing,crumbling,beaten,eaten,ill gotten,poverty-striken
N=Noun...u all knw dat
H=Head....go do research i don try lol...
Plz take ur tym and go thru it...tankz
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Please read the instructions carefully

Choose from the option given A-D, the word that is opposite in meaning to the word appostrophed

1 To most people, last Christmas was an ''austere'' period
a prosperous
b harsh
c severe
d stern
2 People who are normally ........... often turn out to be ''dauntless'' heroes in the face of real danger
a unsteady
b colourless
c cowardly
d unfriendly
3 His ''antipathy'' to religious ideas makes him unpopular
a remedy
b conciousness
c hostility
d receptiveness
4 For millions of years, the world's resource have remained ''boundless''
a unlimited
b scarce
c indomitable
d limited
5 The difference between the experimental procedures was ''imperceptible'' to me
a negligible
b significant
c obvious
d obscure

choose among the options A-D the word that is nearest in meaning to the appostrophed word

6 I would rather not attend the party
a detest attending
b do not have enthusiasm to attend
c must not attend
d have a choice to attend or not to
7 The president has sent his regrets. He is unable to attend the meeting
a explanation
b anxieties
c unhappiness
d apologies
8 Don't eat just any ''innocuous-looking'' mushroom you see around
a harmful
b harmless
c innocent
d immunized
9 ''colossal'' means
a a greek column
b gigantic
c a calamity
d the sale of cobs
10 He was being ''humane''
a wise
b sensible
c human
d benevolent

From letter A-D choose the word or group of words that best completes each of the following sentence

11 All the cattles in Lamidi's farm ...........
a is tick - free
b are tick - free
c is ticks - free
d are ticks - free
12 The teacher with his wife ........ here
a were
b were to be
c are
d was
13 He is one of those who ....... in my school
a teaches
b is teaching
c are teaching
d teach
14 The man as well as his sons ....... in the band
a plays
b play
c are playing
d have played
15 The chairman and secretary of the committee ............. present
a were
b are
c is
d are being
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
BCDDC
BBBBD
BDAAC
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
A A C B D B D B B A A D D B C
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by simplifier(f): 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
1.A
2.C
3.D
4.D
5.C
6.D
7.D
8.B
9.B
10.B
11.B
12.D
13.D
14.A
15.B
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by emekakelvin(m): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
b c d a a
d c b b d
a a a b b
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by olalerey(m): 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
1)D 2)C 3)C 4)D 5)B 6)B 7)D coolA 9)B 10)D 11)A 12)A 13)A 14)A 15)C
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
CORRECTION
1 a
2 c
3 b
4 d
5 c
6 a
7 d
8 b
9 b
10 d
11 b
12 d
13 a
14 a
15 c

Fynestboi - 11/15
Omat63 - 6/15
Simplifier - 10/15
Emekakelvin 5/15
olalerey - 8/15
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by papindinho(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
I salute everybody o.... How has jacking been? Success is knocking o. Keep up the good works.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Asakel(m): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2013
Morning Guys
Asakel z still around d corner.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by doyinmolah: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2013
Pls someone should post literature in english past question(not less than 10 questions)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Eviddy, Tallest Student In The University Of Abuja (Evidence Ebuka) / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / FG Scraps Post-ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.