Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . (1586 Views)

Islam Is Truly A Barbaric Religion It Espouse Violence: See Proof / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Christianity Is Not A Religion it is a relationship with God our creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Let me simplify it as much as possible so that your foolish and darkened xtianistic mind can grasp it.

You see, Paganism is very special because nobody can convince me otherwise. I know that i know that i know that i know that Paganism is the only way to reach the Gods. In Paganism, the Gods themself came down to reach out to man and desire to have fellowship with man, therefore you can see that Paganism is more than a just a religion. It is a personal relationship with the Gods. That is why Pagans dont see their religion as a religion but as a personal relationship.

christianity on the other hand is a religion because christians worship something else other than the most high GODS. This is actually man-worship idolatory, because they worship their israeli man-Gods and man-written book (and consequently worshipping the devil) instead of worshipping the living GODS. Therefore, christianity is a religion.

I hope you understand now and wont ask this foolish question again.

You got nerve, how dare you call Paganism a religion, you this man worshipper.

2 Likes

Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2013
Lolol. Obsession
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Reyginus: Lolol. Obsession

Keep quiet
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by TerryCarr(m): 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
Paganism is a blanket term typically used to refer to religious traditions which are polytheistic or indigenous.

It is primarily used in a historical context, Greco-Roman polytheism as well as the polytheistic traditions of Europe and North Africa before Christianization. In a wider sense, extended to contemporary religions, it includes most of the Eastern religions and the indigenous traditions of the Americas, Central Asia, Australia and Africa; as well as non-Abrahamic folk religion in general. More narrow definitions will not include any of the world religions and restrict the term to local or rural currents not organized as civil religions. Characteristic of Pagan traditions is the absence of proselytism and the presence of a living mythology, which informs religious practice.

Ethnologists often avoid the term "pagan," with its uncertain and varied meanings, in referring to traditional or historic faiths, preferring more precise categories such as polytheism, shamanism, pantheism, or animism.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Stalwert: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Let me simplify it as much as possible so that your foolish and darkened xtianistic mind can grasp it.

You see, Paganism is very special because nobody can convince me otherwise. I know that i know that i know that i know that Paganism is the only way to reach the Gods. In Paganism, the Gods themself came down to reach out to man and desire to have fellowship with man, therefore you can see that Paganism is more than a just a religion. It is a personal relationship with the Gods. That is why Pagans dont see their religion as a religion but as a personal relationship.

christianity on the other hand is a religion because christians worship something else other than the most high GODS. This is actually man-worship idolatory, because they worship their israeli man-Gods and man-written book (and consequently worshipping the devil) instead of worshipping the living GODS. Therefore, christianity is a religion.

I hope you understand now and wont ask this foolish question again.

You got nerve, how dare you call Paganism a religion, you this man worshipper.

@ picture so pagan african gods were whites? Wow many strange revelations happening on NL this days oh . . . grin grin
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
Stalwert:

@ picture so pagan african gods were whites? Wow many strange revelations happening on NL this days oh . . . grin grin

How foolish can you get? The op was talking about paganism in genral
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
Stalwert:

no they werent. As a Pagan, i respect all Pagan Gods because they are all the same, except with different names. In this case, THor is like Shango or Amadioha. no "coloured" African was ever harmed in the name of Lord Thor of the Norse people. I just used this as an example. it is how the Norse tribesmen of Ancient Europe viewed the God of War and Destructive Forces as. However today, True Tribal/Ethnic Paganism is dead in Europe, with the death of the ethnic groups in europe after the advent of christianity, with the church banning marriage withi tribes inorder to destory tribal culture and religion and identity to achieve irreversible 100% christianization of europe. (only few minority full-blooded ethnic groups remain in europe today). The rise of christianity resulted in the rise of the hybrid whites of today who are known for their racism.

Racism never existed in the days of tribal Europe, and the concept of WHITE was unknown. slavery in europe was very much like slavery within Africa before the whites came in, with slaves being captured not based on race but as POWS from rival tribal groups. and these slaves were not tortured or converted but could earn their freedom after certain years of service or even rise to his positions in tribal governorates or Imperial Senate. The Roman Army, for example, also drafted into its ranks, many African, Nubian,Ethiopian Warriors.

1 Like

Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Bella3(f): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
I dnt understand, religion is connected to worship of god or gods.. So hw is paganism nt a religion.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Stalwert: 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no they werent. As a Pagan, i respect all Pagan Gods because they are all the same, except with different names. In this case, THor is like Shango or Amadioha. no "coloured" African was ever harmed in the name of Lord Thor of the Norse people. I just used this as an example. it is how the Norse tribesmen of Ancient Europe viewed the God of War and Destructive Forces as. However today, True Tribal/Ethnic Paganism is dead in Europe, with the death of the ethnic groups in europe after the advent of christianity, with the church banning marriage withi tribes inorder to destory tribal culture and religion and identity to achieve irreversible 100% christianization of europe. (only few minority full-blooded ethnic groups remain in europe today). The rise of christianity resulted in the rise of the hybrid whites of today who are known for their racism.

Racism never existed in the days of tribal Europe, and the concept of WHITE was unknown. slavery in europe was very much like slavery within Africa before the whites came in, with slaves being captured not based on race but as POWS from rival tribal groups. and these slaves were not tortured or converted but could earn their freedom after certain years of service or even rise to his positions in tribal governorates or Imperial Senate. The Roman Army, for example, also drafted into its ranks, many African, Nubian,Ethiopian Warriors.

In all honesty you are simply deluding yourself to assume you speak for all of paganism, it makes little sense posting a picture of a white dude that says my god holds a hammer unless you have little respect for African gods sounds funny, secondly no African Traditional Worshiper would try to string Songo with Amadioha talkless of thor except you offcourse or an atheist pagan! Any way the rest of you tale really has nothing to do with my statement!
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Stalwert: 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

How foolish can you get? The op was talking about paganism in genral

How foolish can atheism get?
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Stalwert:

How foolish can atheism get?

Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Keep quiet
Lol. Why should I Ol' Knight?
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Stalwert:

In all honesty you are simply deluding yourself to assume you speak for all of paganism, it makes little sense posting a picture of a white dude that says my god holds a hammer unless you have little respect for African gods sounds funny, secondly no African Traditional Worshiper would try to string Songo with Amadioha talkless of thor except you offcourse or an atheist pagan! Any way the rest of you tale really has nothing to do with my statement!
rubbish,are Africans gods represented on the net? smh.
dude you are not making any sense sorry .
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Lovethywilbedon: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2013
What is wrong with some Nairalanders. Many of them Christians, Moslems, Pegans and atheist are now claiming that what they are practicing is not a Religion but "A Way of Life". People should check the Dictionary meaning of the word "Religion" before creating a thread like this very one.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 25, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: What is wrong with some Nairalanders. Many of them Christians, Moslems, Pegans and atheist are now claiming that what they are practicing is not a Religion but "A Way of Life". People should check the Dictionary meaning of the word "Religion" before creating a thread like this very one.

Atheism is not a religion

1 Like

Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
Stalwert:

In all honesty, you need to stop bringing racism into our Pagan religions. to begin with, we Africans are tribespeople not racist. we are not akatas.

THe God Thor is not a God of white people, but a God of the Norse tribe. as i have previously maintained , all tribespeople around the world are my kith and kin. however it so happens that the Norse full-blooded ethnic group is today extinct and so is their religion and culture. also check out my profile pic and the motto over there.

The Norse people will obviously have chosen to portay a God that looks more like them, just like how Yorubas portray their Gods that look more like them. and this is an artists depiction.

2nd you as a xtian have very little understanding of Paganism. dont you realise that all 5 Gods: THor (Norse), Amadioha (Igbo), Sucellos(Celtic), and Shango (Yoruba),Charun (Etruscan), etc ., are all the same God in that all are Gods of War and thunder and all carry hammers, EVEN THOUGH these separate cultures and people have never really interracted or met each other in history. (except maybe Igbo-Yorubas later on).

you see how only the names and appearancee change? this in itself is a miracle of nature!

so please take your time and reflect. their is nothing like an absolute atheistic Pagan. there needs to be a balance.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: What is wrong with some Nairalanders. Many of them Christians, Moslems, Pegans and atheist are now claiming that what they are practicing is not a Religion but "A Way of Life". People should check the Dictionary meaning of the word "Religion" before creating a thread like this very one.

this thread was created for the purpose of sarcasm in response to the xtian and muslims threads. the 1st post was actually a copy of a post made by a xtian on this forum, except that i changed everything to a Pagan context and it fit perfectly well.

however later, on closer scrutinization, it is observed that Paganism truly is a way of life, because Paganism, a.k.a Tribal religion and culture is inseparable.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Lovethywilbedon: 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

this thread was created for the purpose of sarcasm in response to the xtian and muslims threads. the 1st post was actually a copy of a post made by a xtian on this forum, except that i changed everything to a Pagan context and it fit perfectly well.

however later, on closer scrutinization, it is observed that Paganism truly is a way of life, because Paganism, a.k.a Tribal religion and culture is inseparable.
Yes that's the stupidity in Nairaland. I saw that thread too.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Lovethywilbedon: 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a religion
Go and tell that to the Cows in Kastina.
Re: Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Go and tell that to the Cows in Kastina.

(1) (Reply)

When Christ Returns There Will Be Racial Segregation On Earth / Music Minstrels Lounge/studio / Why Do 'some' Christian Shout When Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.