Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,942 members, 7,838,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ (9798 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / APC, Buhari Have Disappointed Nigerians But Don’t Blame Me – Oyegun / PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 25, 2013
tomakint: I challenge anyone here 'cursing at Jonathan' to mention one past leaders (dead or alive) who has done better than Jonathan within his short time (2 yrs)

You go wait tire. Criticising and insulting GEJ is now a hobby

2 Likes

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by justsayemma(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2013
If he has perfomd wel Nigerians wil knw,we r nt dummies,we don't nid his Media men 2 tel us.m nt disapointed,because I xpected notin frm hm,a man dat did notin in 8-LGA in in Bayelsa,wat do u xpect 4m such person? An average Nigerian knws dat live is harder under dis guy
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Davidogar(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2013
dat man gej is not doin well, jooor
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by justsayemma(m): 8:05am On Jan 25, 2013
In 2010 they said 4 d 1st tym,Nigerians wil celebrate xmas without scarcity of fuel @ 65naira,afta he won wat hapend? @ 120 we r stil struglin 2 get fuel.notin 4 d common man 2 njoy,nt even nations cup.shame 2 Gej n his D.umb folowers
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by badassnigga(m): 8:08am On Jan 25, 2013
leave bros J alone abeg...d best president d world over grin
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Demdem(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2013
well said briggs. so on point.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by karlmax2: 8:16am On Jan 25, 2013
justsayemma: In 2010 they said 4 d 1st tym,Nigerians wil celebrate xmas without scarcity of fuel @ 65naira,afta he won wat hapend? @ 120 we r stil struglin 2 get fuel.notin 4 d common man 2 njoy,nt even nations cup.shame 2 Gej n his D.umb folowers
if u bought fuel 120 does not mean others bought it for that price if u stay in the east fuel has alway been more expensive there even before GEJ came on board. In lagos fuel is sold at 97 naira, I drove down to ph yesterday from lagos and I bought fuel in edo @ 97 naira the onle state I bougth fuel @110 naira was owerri in imo state just bought fuel in PH for 97 naira and with the condition of the ore benin road,onitcha- owerri-port hacourt road I would vote GEJ again come 2015

1 Like

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ocelot2006(m): 8:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Jerie: ^^ Well, we now pay more for electricity, we pay more for fuel and eith due respect, he has been an abject failure with regards to agriculture.How many NEW roads has he maintained? What of the Pension scam as well as the SURE-P wayo? How many SURE-P beneficiaries have been paid? On security, more people die from terrorism here than in Somalia.

Please I suggest you do a thorough research before you post any other comment, cos the points you raised are wrong. Yes we pay more for fuel, but we pay less for electricity, thanks to the smart meters installed across the nation. And why call GEJ a ailure in the Agricultural sector, when his administration has recorded a number of successes, including the improved delivery of fertiluzers directly to farmers through the elimination of the middlemen cartel?
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by jamil2(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2013
Trust is always bitter! Jonah have to wake up from his long sleeping and start to perform what masses are expected from his administration however, there are some incidents that happened which in a normal sense such things will not died without punishing the parties involve but today those culprits were innocents. With kind of these issues I can affirm that this administration has alot to put in order before we agree on its seriousness,
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by miiraaj: 8:30am On Jan 25, 2013
tomakint: Is this woman drunk or something? What is wrong with Nigerians for goodness sake, 38 years of nothingness from our Abokis in power left many things in state of disrepair, now Jonathan inherited a functionless Nigeia from Obj and Yar'Adua, he is trying his best to fix things (at least we've seen improvements in power, roads, educational institutions funding, youth empowerment, more women in politics, active-poverty elimination programmes, etc) I wonder how some folks reason as if that place is a very cool place, I challenge anyone here 'cursing at Jonathan' to mention one past leaders (dead or alive) who has done better than Jonathan within his short time (2 yrs) and let's compare and contrast haba as if to fix Nigeria will take just two years, allow this man to serve out his term before you judge! Many of us are sick in this country!

You will never be wise!

1 Like

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ochukoccna: 8:31am On Jan 25, 2013
To say two and half years into
this government that Nigerians are lost and
disappointed so far by this government is an
understatement.”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The meat of what she said
40 man laptop squad had better start looking for new gigs to rock
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Revolva(m): 8:32am On Jan 25, 2013
I kee saying this jonathan should just quit he cant rule this nation he never dreamed to be president...i don tire for all this empty promises
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by thierylee: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2013
@tomakint,T.I, Iyktobee and a lot of them; i dont know what u have against the woman, and i dont know what u know about GEJ,but for people like u guys who sees bad thing and call it good thing, i leave u'all to The almighty God.because, by human judgment, its only a very wicked person (and/or sycophants) that will see something bad and say that its good.This woman(an ijaw) has just said what she and almost every Nigerian knows its the truth( irrespective of people who'd want to deny it - sycophants).As a fellow Nigerian( a Niger deltan),This man GEJ has not done anything substantial for us(in any sector) and thus has failed.He has disappointed Nigerians in general.My people has this saying that "human don't learn left-handiness in old age"...
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by saint22: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

Sorry pls who is the husband of the woman? Lulu Briggs ? I don't think so.
She's nt married but enriching frm amaechi.dis is a campaign 4 amaechi's ambition as vp to jigawa gov.they'll fail cos d govs'll b devided
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by femionasan(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

Please I suggest you do a thorough research before you post any other comment, cos the points you raised are wrong. Yes we pay more for fuel, but we pay less for electricity, thanks to the smart meters installed across the nation. And why call GEJ a ailure in the Agricultural sector, when his administration has recorded a number of successes, including the improved delivery of fertiluzers directly to farmers through the elimination of the middlemen cartel?

Some people are definitely far from the reality on ground. How many homes have these smart meters you are talking about? You just run your fingers on the keyboard without knowing what is really happening. Wake up and smell the coffee. Oh! I forgot, y'all are paid pipers. Mtttcchhhheeeeewwwww!!!!
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ocelot2006(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2013
Jerie: ^^ Well, we now pay more for electricity, we pay more for fuel and eith due respect, he has been an abject failure with regards to agriculture.How many NEW roads has he maintained? What of the Pension scam as well as the SURE-P wayo? How many SURE-P beneficiaries have been paid? On security, more people die from terrorism here than in Somalia.

And what about the pension scam? Is GEJ administration not the first to expose the corruption there? Have assets not been siezed with the perpertrators of the scam arrested and arraigned before the court of law?

And finally, security. Yes the administration faltered initially on this important field, and one reason behind this was our inexperience in coubter-terrorim. But that has changed. The security services (intelligence, military, law enforcement) received a bump in their budget, the right people were appointed for the right jobs (eg. Maj. Sarkin Bello, former JTF commander, from GOC 82nd Div to Counter-terror adviser to NSA), the men of the security services were trained and retrained in counter-terrorism, Counter-insurgency (COIN), intelliegence gathering, etc. And finally more platforms were acquired and ICT was adopted in the fight against terrorism (CCTV cameras for surveillance, the NPF's own PLMN, etc). And everything is beginning to bear fruits. There has been a drop in the number of attacks recorded, BH has been severely crippled with a lot of its key leaders either killed and arrested during sting ops by the SSS/JTF/NPF.

1 Like

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by bendodo: 8:50am On Jan 25, 2013
Gej is doin his best to take nigeria to the promise land. Let's be positive minded and let's give him a chance.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Akshow: 8:52am On Jan 25, 2013
Boss13: I think Nigerians just want the government to be more transparent and accountable. People should also include their state governors and local government chairmen because they get allocations monthly. Honestly, Jonathan is still one of the best president so far. However, the rate of progress is slow and corruption is still on the high side. If only monthly publications of government spending ca be published and this can be confirmed by all and sundry, then we know we have an all inclusive government.
the Same Na our own mentality that will not take us anywhere. So cos she is from GEJ's part of the country she should fold her arms and keep lookin as GEJ runs the country down?
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Symphony007: 8:52am On Jan 25, 2013
That sewage processing facility she calls a mouth is now flapping because she has been kicked out of aso rock!! Shut up ma'am!!!
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Pacesetter2: 8:57am On Jan 25, 2013
ba7man: To be honest....Let's be a little fair on GEJ. At least he's revived the NRC, workin on NEPA, Agriculture and as per corruption, Ibori that used to be one of the most powerful men in Nigeria during Yaradua's tenure got prosecuted under his watch. He's probably punching above his weight by being president but he's making efforts.....He's not as firm as Nigerians require him to be on corruption and terrorism, that's why I'm not keen on him returning 2015.
What about the faroukgate,pension & subsidy fraud
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ocelot2006(m): 8:59am On Jan 25, 2013
femionasan:

Some people are definitely far from the reality on ground. How many homes have these smart meters you are talking about? You just run your fingers on the keyboard without knowing what is really happening. Wake up and smell the coffee. Oh! I forgot, y'all are paid pipers. Mtttcchhhheeeeewwwww!!!!

Hey take your trash talk somewhere else. What statistical proof do you have to support your claim that most households (letigimately connected) are without smart meters? After how many years? And what's the flat rate people without smart/analog meters pay? Even if there's a raise, how do you expect to draw in private sector participation/investment without making the private sector lucrative?

So just shut the f@#k up and buzz off.

1 Like

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Truckpusher(m): 9:02am On Jan 25, 2013
This woman was one of the sycophants that attached herself to GEJ and as soon as she was kicked out of aso rock she became an attack, hateful dog trying to get another political husband that will bring her closer to the national treasury.Sharrap madam!you're a political PROST/TITUTE.

1 Like

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by nkemKalu: 9:02am On Jan 25, 2013
tomakint: Is this woman drunk or something? What is wrong with Nigerians for goodness sake, 38 years of nothingness from our Abokis in power left many things in state of disrepair, now Jonathan inherited a functionless Nigeia from Obj and Yar'Adua, he is trying his best to fix things (at least we've seen improvements in power, roads, educational institutions funding, youth empowerment, more women in politics, active-poverty elimination programmes, etc) I wonder how some folks reason as if that place is a very cool place, I challenge anyone here 'cursing at Jonathan' to mention one past leaders (dead or alive) who has done better than Jonathan within his short time (2 yrs) and let's compare and contrast haba as if to fix Nigeria will take just two years, allow this man to serve out his term before you judge! Many of us are sick in this country!
YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOLS NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED OR U MUST BE A PAID ADVOCATE OF JONATHAN. SIMPLE OR U HAVE EYES BUT U CANNOT SEE.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by nkemKalu: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2013
Truckpusher: This woman was one of the sycophants that attached herself to GEJ and as soon as she was kicked out of aso rock she became an attack, hateful dog trying to get another political husband that will bring her closer to the national treasury.Sharrap madam!you're a political PROST/TITUTE.

MOST PROBABLY SHE HAS BEEN TELLING ODE..JONATHAN THE RIGHT THINGS TO DO BUT HE REFUSED TO HEED AND SHE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE THE FOOLS AND SPEAK UP. JONATHAN SIMPLY PUT HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING RIGHT SINCE HE BECAME PRESIDENT BUT AS ACTING PRESIDENT AND CONFIRMED PRESIDENT IN HIS TENOR.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Truckpusher(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2013
J12:

You go wait tire. Criticising and insulting GEJ is now a hobby
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ifihearam: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2013

My brother no need to dare people who are pathological losers like their mentor and terrorist goatbuhari? There is no basis of comparism at all but serial losers will always resort to hate.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by kalunomics(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2013
I wonder why this Ankio briggs aka amazon queen will never talk like an educated elite. Her critics are never based on fact, just goes about blabbing anyhow like an illiterate. Last week that she was not present on "saving the niger delta", the invited guest did his home work on the topic "River state's 2013 budget presentation" with fact and figures just like any educated person should do. She thinks she's hitting back at Jonathan because she thinks Jonathan is backing Bayelsa state over the dispute of land (okokutolu and nembe dispute which happen to be Jonathan's community) between Rivers and Bayelsa state. She boldly stated in 'saving the niger delta with ankio briggs' on coolfm that Jonathan should come and apologize to their elders because one of the president's aide made a comment that her people's blackmails are like that of a secondary school boy to the president. I think that's her main reason for saying this!

I won't say Jonathan is a saint but there are so many forces and influences that go against some of good policies and decisions that is not in personal favours of them, the head of states and all of that. Don't forget nigeria is a very corrupt nation down to 5year old kid at home

Also, Jonathan is my second best after OBJ('99-'07). Thats my opinion o!!

2 Likes

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Truckpusher(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2013
nkem Kalu: MOST PROBABLY SHE HAS BEEN TELLING ODE..JONATHAN THE RIGHT THINGS TO DO BUT HE REFUSED TO HEED AND SHE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE THE FOOLS AND SPEAK UP. JONATHAN SIMPLY PUT HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING RIGHT SINCE HE BECAME PRESIDENT BUT AS ACTING PRESIDENT AND CONFIRMED PRESIDENT IN HIS TENOR.
you don't really have eyes,do you?
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by femionasan(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

Hey take your trash talk somewhere else. What statistical proof do you have to support your claim that most households (letigimately connected) are without smart meters? After how many years? And what's the flat rate people without smart/analog meters pay? Even if there's a raise, how do you expect to draw in private sector participation/investment without making the private sector lucrative?

So just shut the f@#k up and buzz off.

"When a man chooses to support an argument with verbal assaults, its either the argument or the man is weak. In most cases it is both". If you like hang yourself for Jonathan or hit your head agaisnt the roof of your shanty, the truth is always bitter, and your response shows your level maturity. You will not convince anybody in his/her right senses that black is white.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ifihearam: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2013
nkem Kalu: MOST PROBABLY SHE HAS BEEN TELLING ODE..JONATHAN THE RIGHT THINGS TO DO BUT HE REFUSED TO HEED AND SHE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE THE FOOLS AND SPEAK UP. JONATHAN SIMPLY PUT HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING RIGHT SINCE HE BECAME PRESIDENT BUT AS ACTING PRESIDENT AND CONFIRMED PRESIDENT IN HIS TENOR.

Sorry sir,you speak like a fool,you must be the true son of your father.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ocelot2006(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2013
femionasan:

"When a man chooses to support an argument with verbal assaults, its either the argument or the man is weak. In most cases it is both". If you like hang yourself for Jonathan or hit your head agaisnt the roof of your shanty, the truth is always bitter, and your response shows your level maturity. You will not convince anybody in his/her right senses that black is white.

And this is the best argument you can come up with? Riiight.....
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by BetaThings: 9:20am On Jan 25, 2013

What you call the Nothingness

All the refineries in Nigeria
All the bridges in Lagos including 3rd mainland bridge
At least 90% of federal universities, polytechnics, etc
At least 75% of federal airports
A vibrant national carrier - Nigeria Airways
A vibrant national shipping line - NNSL
PHCN infrastructure - transmission network
Most decent trunk A roads in the country
The oil pipelines all around the country
The gas pipelines reducing the power pressure on PHCN
Relocation to Abuja
Power suppy was relatively stable until the latter part of the 90s
Investment in most national assets being sold and "perhaps being pocketed" in the name of privatisation
Exportation of refined products by Nigeria
Most of the sports glory - 2 AFCON, Olympic soccer gold

The somethingness under your Southern Brother
Importation of petroleum products with attendant subsidy scam topping 2trillion Naira
No national airline. Even Virgin Nigeria/Air Nigeria have disappeared through asset stripping
No national shipping line. The local content policy exists on paper only. Where are the ships?
Abandoned projects, announced projects, politics of propaganda
Power supply has improved but tariff has sky rocketed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency / FG Denies Withholding Statutory Allocation To Ekiti / #Endsars: Listen To Youths, Make Changes - Samson Ayokunle, CAN President To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.