Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Can You Become Self Employed With 100k - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can You Become Self Employed With 100k (16860 Views)

Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. / What Buznes Can A Graduate Do With 100k In Nigeria.precisely Akure,ondo State. / 8 Steps Process To Become Self Employed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by Skoopy(m): 8:38am On Jan 26, 2013
Lexusgs430: Start up a business with N100k with a view to becoming rich ? You have not stated timescales involved, logistics involved etc etc etc
N100k is to low, with a view to expected results (been rich)
Born enterpreneurs know the best businesses in the world START SMALL and GROW BIG.
A friend of mine started biz last year without capital, all he needed was som1 to shorttee him, he got wat he needed from lagos and sells in PH. Today he's not lacking I can assure u.
Considerin wat he culd make wit little or no capital, convincing me to invest in his ideas wasn't a problem, today we are partners doing his biz in a bigger dimension.
It all boils down to ideas and knowing how to sell it.
Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by otodeluxe(m): 10:07am On Jan 26, 2013
If am given N100,000 I intend to start online exam registration including 2013 JAMB Online Registration. I will buy the scratch cards in bulk and resell them. I will als use the money to buy a printer, scanner, digital camera and biometric scanner. I already have a laptop.
Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by mafioso47(m): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2013
deviduff:
From dis ur name sef Mafioso, fear no go let me do business wit ur type. Abeg first teach ur family how to 'manufacture food and beverages'. Biko
haa haaa haaaa funniest thing I av heard dis year. Well mafioso isn't my name... Just a nickname secondary sch peeps called me cos of my militia style approach to doing things. Ama Consultant for pharmaceutical companies.. Currently working part time with one of them on Quality control. Still smiling dou. I have 2 projects on ma mind this year. One is to build a bottle water factory with minimal cash. Every theoretical logistics needed aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ all in place. Then later incorporate food drinks and effervescence fruit drinks into it. Formulations for all these products I have based on my consultancy with most of these companies.
*still smilling*
Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by yomalex(m): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2013
otondo55:

That was my move during my NYSC.....its not as easy as you just wrote.
You forgot generator and fuel.
The market remains very volatile, market analysis undependable.
So much money went on seminars on how to improve or manage the fund efficiently.

i bet you don't have the stategy i have shikena.
Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by nex(m): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
Well, I started business without any initial capital at all. Not a single dime.

N100,000 may be little money to a lot of people, but believe me, if I started off with with such a sum of money 2 years ago, I would've been a millionaire by now.

At a time in my life when I didn't have a single dime, I actually started off selling cars on Nairaland. I used to wait for my flatmate to come back from work, then when he's slept off, I'll use his BlackBerry all night to post cars I'd spent my entire day locating from far and wide, and also replying responses to my previous posts. Then the next day, after just 3 hours of sleep if any at all, I spent the whole day trekking the streets of Lagos, looking for great car deals.

Well, after selling a few cars though, I decided to move to something more fast moving: brand new iPADs and BlackBerrys mostly, but including other electronic gadgets. Got some people in Computer Village who had trusted Okada men who would ride with me to any customer in Lagos and get paid. Had some Nairalanders who trusted me to deliver he best, with warranty, and some days I was making up to N10,000 per sale, and up to 2 sales per week.

Well, a lot has happened since then, but these days, I make as little as N100,000 some months, and in my best days, I've made N200,000 as a Social Media Marketer. Yes, you read that right. Some nights, I made N200,000 managing the Social Media accounts of Nigeria's biggest brands during their mega events ( http://www.thediaryofabadman..co.uk/2013/01/bar-baric-digital-social-media.html ).

I'm not rich yet though, I'm still working on that. But I'm far from poor, and I'm still coming up. This year, I'm targeting all the top brands in Nigeria, and my team, the UNA Collective (http://www.UNACollective.com), is setting up a Social Network of our own. For Nigerian youths, by Nigerian youths.

Though I've also set up a blog ( http://www.TheDiaryOfABadMan..com ), but I stopped ADsense from it, so, I'm not one of those who will tell you that blogging is the million Naira secret. You have to spend hundreds of thousands of Naira to promote your blog daily if you intend to make millons of Naira off it monthly. I'm not ready for that kind of income and expenditure yet, but I will be.

Plus, I'm shooting a movie next month. Diversifying is necessary. I want to personally face the challenges of the Nigerian entertainment industry, and conquer them.

I'm going to start a clothing label, making only the kinds of clothes I'm comfortable in, as I know there are other people like me who're frustrated with skinny jeans and colour blocking.

Finally, when I've made all the millions, I plan on writing a real practical get rich book out of my story. After all, I'm by birth, a writer, and that's where the billions start rolling in.

So, what I'm saying to you my Nigerian youths, the main factors you need in your business are:

1. Intelligence: Gather knowledge on whatever business you're embarking on.

2. Perfection: Anyone who says that no one is perfect but God, is not of God. Perfect your skill.

3. Advertising/Marketing/Promotion: Make sure people know what you're doing. They say that "Doing business without advertising is like winking at a beautiful woman in the dark; you know what you're doing,but no one else does".

4: Love: Yes, that four letter word is necessary in business too. If you lack personal passion for what you do, when the hard times come, and the money stops, you'll be prone to giving up. Love, however, conquers all.

5.Coherence: Be organized in communicating your business ideas or offers. Personally, I speak Pidgin English all the time, except when I'm communicating business. I'm always shocked when musicians and actors want to discuss business with me, and their first statement of introduction is "Waddup".

So fare thee well my fellow success-minded Nigerians, and make sure to buy my book when it comes out in 10 years time.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
nex: Well, I started business without any initial capital at all. Not a single dime.

N100,000 may be little money to a lot of people, but believe me, if I started off with with such a sum of money 2 years ago, I would've been a millionaire by now.

At a time in my life when I didn't have a single dime, I actually started off selling cars on Nairaland. I used to wait for my flatmate to come back from work, then when he's slept off, I'll use his BlackBerry all night to post cars I'd spent my entire day locating from far and wide, and also replying responses to my previous posts. Then the next day, after just 3 hours of sleep if any at all, I spent the whole day trekking the streets of Lagos, looking for great car deals.

Well, after selling a few cars though, I decided to move to something more fast moving: brand new iPADs and BlackBerrys mostly, but including other electronic gadgets. Got some people in Computer Village who had trusted Okada men who would ride with me to any customer in Lagos and get paid. Had some Nairalanders who trusted me to deliver he best, with warranty, and some days I was making up to N10,000 per sale, and up to 2 sales per week.

Well, a lot has happened since then, but these days, I make as little as N100,000 some months, and in my best days, I've made N200,000 as a Social Media Marketer. Yes, you read that right. Some nights, I made N200,000 managing the Social Media accounts of Nigeria's biggest brands during their mega events ( http://www.thediaryofabadman..co.uk/2013/01/bar-baric-digital-social-media.html ).

I'm not rich yet though, I'm still working on that. But I'm far from poor, and I'm still coming up. This year, I'm targeting all the top brands in Nigeria, and my team, the UNA Collective (http://www.UNACollective.com), is setting up a Social Network of our own. For Nigerian youths, by Nigerian youths.

Though I've also set up a blog ( http://www.TheDiaryOfABadMan..com ), but I stopped ADsense from it, so, I'm not one of those who will tell you that blogging is the million Naira secret. You have to spend hundreds of thousands of Naira to promote your blog daily if you intend to make millons of Naira off it monthly. I'm not ready for that kind of income and expenditure yet, but I will be.

Plus, I'm shooting a movie next month. Diversifying is necessary. I want to personally face the challenges of the Nigerian entertainment industry, and conquer them.

I'm going to start a clothing label, making only the kinds of clothes I'm comfortable in, as I know there are other people like me who're frustrated with skinny jeans and colour blocking.

Finally, when I've made all the millions, I plan on writing a real practical get rich book out of my story. After all, I'm by birth, a writer, and that's where the billions start rolling in.

So, what I'm saying to you my Nigerian youths, the main factors you need in your business are:

1. Intelligence: Gather knowledge on whatever business you're embarking on.

2. Perfection: Anyone who says that no one is perfect but God, is not of God. Perfect your skill.

3. Advertising/Marketing/Promotion: Make sure people know what you're doing. They say that "Doing business without advertising is like winking at a beautiful woman in the dark; you know what you're doing,but no one else does".

4: Love: Yes, that four letter word is necessary in business too. If you lack personal passion for what you do, when the hard times come, and the money stops, you'll be prone to giving up. Love, however, conquers all.

5.Coherence: Be organized in communicating your business ideas or offers. Personally, I speak Pidgin English all the time, except when I'm communicating business. I'm always shocked when musicians and actors want to discuss business with me, and their first statement of introduction is "Waddup".

So fare thee well my fellow success-minded Nigerians, and make sure to buy my book when it comes out in 10 years time.

9ce 1 bro. I'd like us to discuss some biz. pls send me a mail to get the details: austushi1@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by afm4ever(m): 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
SincereMind: @afm4ever
I await your call!
dont worry i will give u a call
Re: Can You Become Self Employed With 100k by afm4ever(m): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
strangest: 100k is a small amount and a big amount at the same time... with 100k, I believe the best business one can do is to go into buying and selling of food products... I have observed that the Nothern part of the country has loads of real genuine groundnut oil but they lack Palm Oil... therefore if one can be shuttling between the East and North... you pick palm oil in the East and sell in the North, while coming back to the East, you pick real genuine groundnut oil and sell in the East... the only risk with the business is vehicle accidents and Boko Haram... grin
dats a good bizness idea u can reach me on my facebook page @eziaguafamdi lets see how things go be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA / Top 5 Causes Of Business Failure And How To Avoid Them / Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.