Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ (1735 Views)

Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Nigeria Will Be Africa's First Global Superpower - Report / Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire That Gave Jonathan 5 Billion Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by IleIfe2(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Isabel Dos Santos, Daughter of Angolan President Eduardo Jose Dos Santos is Africa's first female Billionaire according to Forbes. She reached the one Billion mark by buying shares of public traded companies in Portugal combined with her assets in Angolan firms. Based on Forbes assessment, she has a "humble beginning" (Self-made). Started with a small restaurant at the age of 24 called Miami Beach and the rest is history.

Isabel Dos Santos On Forbes

The Nigerian media was abuzz with a story published by Huffingtonpost and Dailymail, which claimed Oprah Winfrey had been dethroned as the richest black woman by a Nigerian named Folorunsho Alakija. Alakija was said to be $500 million richer than Oprah with an estimated net-worth of $3.2 billion. An assessment done by Ventures-Africa. Forbes puts Folorunsho Alakija's Net-worth at $600 million. So, who do i believe? Forbes or Ventures-Africa?

Folorunsho Alakija on Ventures-Africa

These rich people always start small. Some of them start without shoes (CinC). Some, fashion designers (Tailor). Others, start restaurants (Buka). There are people who were security men in London (Gate-man). I hawked Chin-Chin (Snacks), so i will become a billionaire too. lol

Source
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by MajeOfficial: 7:35am On Jan 25, 2013
she's not the first.
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by FXKing2012(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2013
She's so young, I think she's even single.
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by IleIfe2(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012: She's so young, I think she's even single.

yeah, i think she's 40.
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by vallycan: 7:52am On Jan 25, 2013
I admire ya courage of ya first humble little beginin as a restaurant owner; she hw great faith as taken u as ya hope grown into a millionaire of time: a lesson to learn frm as never to dispise ya little beginin cool
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by Akshow: 8:10am On Jan 25, 2013
Angola's oil money speakin. Humble beginnin my black raven a'sssss. So na the restaurant turn into multi million conglomerate cos na gold them de serve for there abi? African leaders can never be separated from corruption. Its in our being

1 Like

Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 25, 2013
Akshow: Angola's oil money speakin. Humble beginnin my black raven a'sssss. So na the restaurant turn into multi million conglomerate cos na gold them de serve for there abi? African leaders can never be separated from corruption. Its in our being

You took the words right out of my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2013
I was about to congratulate her and say something positive about the billionaire till I saw the daughter of the president there sad

1 Like

Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by redcliff: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2013

These rich people always start small. Some of them start without shoes (CinC). Some, fashion designers (Tailor). Others, start restaurants (Buka). There are people who were security men in London (Gate-man). I hawked Chin-Chin (Snacks), so i will become a billionaire too. lol

Poster you are a very puerile being for including this part into your post. Why because, you do not know the history of ho these two ladies got to where they are right now. How can the daughter of a president be a self made billionaire without the intervention and influence of her dad? As for Alakija, Tell me how a fashion designer - a person she was before she had an oil block- become a billionaire all of a sudden if she wasnt messing with powers that were quite high ? Versace, Levis, LV and CK (all world class designers put together) don't have her current net worth. Yet she was a designer. That's a food for thought for you- now eat it and wash your plate.
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by redcliff: 9:38am On Jan 25, 2013
HNosegbe:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Henry Nosegbe?
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 25, 2013
redcliff:

Henry Nosegbe?

Huh?
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by IleIfe2(m): 10:26am On Jan 25, 2013
redcliff:

Poster you are a very puerile being for including this part into your post. Why because, you do not know the history of ho these two ladies got to where they are right now. How can the daughter of a president be a self made billionaire without the intervention and influence of her dad? As for Alakija, Tell me how a fashion designer - a person she was before she had an oil block- become a billionaire all of a sudden if she wasnt messing with powers that were quite high ? Versace, Levis, LV and CK (all world class designers put together) don't have her current net worth. Yet she was a designer. That's a food for thought for you- now eat it and wash your plate.

grin grin grin grin Sarcasm...comprendre?
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by redcliff: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2013
HNosegbe:

Huh?

Are you Henry Nosegbe of Redeemer's Uni?
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2013
Babangida's son also worked hard to be a billionaire..
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
redcliff:

Send me a mail please.
Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by GARRIx7(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
redcliff:

Busted!!!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ by tng(f): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
Busted!!!

LMAO! You can say that again.

(1) (Reply)

Civil Defence Commandant Can't Tell His Organization's Web Address. / Worst Time To Visit OBJ / Which Woman Could Be The First Female President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.