Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (14288 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by semid4lyfe(m): 3:41am On Jan 26, 2013
Jarus: Emenike: Highest goal scorer in the tournament. Our best performer, no doubt. He didn't waste teh chances. Keeps reminding me of Yekini. He is a typical centre forward. 7.

I agree with Jarus' Player Rating. Lemme add a few words on playing as a striker.

Playing as a Top 9 (centre forward), particularly as a lone one is perhaps the most difficult thing to do in football.

At every point in a game, a 9 has two defenders marking him and at most he's allowed only two touches on the ball. Defenders will hassle & rough-handle him all day and it's always a thug of war between the striker and the 2 central defenders.

He must be a v.fast thinker (not more than 3secs) & decisive, have eyes at the back and front of his head, must have good positioning sense, anticipate his own players, his team's play & opposing defenders, make "dummy" runs to shake off his markers and free himself, ability to hold up the ball and bring team mates into play when necessary and most importantly bury the chances when he gets 'em.

Emenike did most of this Yesterday against Zambia. His goal was a typical centre forward's. . .Mikel wins the ball, he runs into space for the anticipated pass and when it comes, he side-steps a defender and puts the ball in the net. His first touch was impeccable and the execution was sublime.

Anyone who says Emenike doesn't deserve at least a 7 doesn't know football and has never played a match on a full pitch in his life.

5 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Jarus(m): 6:36am On Jan 26, 2013
modextus: you are all blabbing shit..why dont you guys go into the pitch and play.its high time we all stop raining insults on the super eagles.you are all saying ahmed musa did'nt perform the you all watch the match as just mere viewers waiting for a magical goals and superb performance or as people who have the ideology on how football is played.musa overlapped throughout the game and same did victor moses and i'm made to belive it was how the wingers were told to play.if a northerner sees this he'l probably think you guys are just trying to pass blames cause he's hausa.the super eagles played how well they could possibly play it was just that it did'nt favour them.your all talking negatively i just pray that we all learn to speak positively as positive talks at times begats positive outcomes

You can accuse them of anything, but you can hardly accuse northerners of viewing everything (especially beyond politics) from ethnic lens. If Musa plays rubbish as he did the northerners are not concerned about whether he is their own. We are not castigating him because of anything other than his performance on field. It is the same Musa we all praised to high heavens on NL in WYC 2011 and in SE matches he did well.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Jarus(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Pulling out Victor Moses who was tracking back and winning the ball for a striker was too ridiculous. I still don't get how the team was able to prepare so well, Omeruo was so brilliant in the defense, Onazi as a RB was fantastic. The midfield combination was on top of the game for 70 mins and then the Coach destroys every thing with his changes.

At the time of changing Victor Moses who was helping out in defending the goal, removing someone like that will be for someone who will fortify the defense. Instead he brought in Ideye a striker. This has been a djisappointment. I hope the Ethiopian game is approached with more seriousness and tactical awareness.

Moses was already weak and tired at that time.
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Bastituta(m): 7:16am On Jan 26, 2013
coogar:

i doubt you have ever played football at the top level.
what you think is simple is not that simple - the required weight must be applied. if it's less, emenike won't get the ball and if the weight is more, then the ball would run out of play.
na so my broda,it takes many tinz to be called a prof. So also to be a profesional player o jawe
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by iskonne(m): 7:29am On Jan 26, 2013
Musa deserves to be on the bench.....he is just crap. The worst Nigerian player. I wonder what he gives Keshi
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by j4jj: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2013
Musa is nt in good form! Moses to d right wing, bring in Ezeonyi to d left!
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by ayusco: 8:38am On Jan 26, 2013
@jarus spot on with the rating my take on the team after two games first of mikel has come to the party. I always reckoned that if nigeria was/is to do well mikel will have to fire and so far he has setting up r two goals so far one of the tournaments best midfield plays yes he missed a penalty but hey who doesn't? Emenike too has pleasantly suprised me one the best attacking plays from a nigerian striker since the days of yekini aghahowa
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by frevangel(m): 10:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Those who are blaming Mikel for the loss probably were here sometime back shouting the name of Messi as god of football. they forget that Messi loss the penalty that cost them the champion's league. Oh, yeah, he was unlucky or Chelsea was just lucky!

1 Like

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:37am On Jan 26, 2013
Jarus:

Moses was already weak and tired at that time.

You don't understand me. Moses was helping out defensively. At the time we were leading, we needed someone †☺ help defensively And not a striker. That was poor tactics from the coach.

An unfit Moses would be better of than a striker that wȋ̊ℓℓ contribute nothing defensively. He should have brought in a defensive player.

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Jarus(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You don't understand me. Moses was helping out defensively. At the time we were leading, we needed someone †☺ help defensively And not a striker. That was poor tactics from the coach.

An unfit Moses would be better of than a striker that wȋ̊ℓℓ contribute nothing defensively. He should have brought in a defensive player.

You still don't get it. So you want injury for him?
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
Jarus:

We were leading, how will substituting Moses for a player to help the defense injure Moses? I said Coach Keshi replaced Moses with the wrong person.

Are you saying you don't understand what I mean by he should have brought in a defensive player.

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:09pm On Jan 26, 2013
Jarus:

I am not saying that he should have continued playing Victor Moses. I am saying that the person he brought in to replace Victor Moses was the wrong option.

Today, when Man City took a lead against Stoke. Mancini changed Tevez (a Striker) for Jack Rodwell (a holding Midfielder) to secure the goal.

Coach Keshi would have taken off Tevez and brought in Balotelli. Which won't directly offer any help to secure the goal and win the game.

I earlier said, "At the time of changing Victor Moses who was helping out in defending the goal, removing someone like that will be for someone who will fortify the defense."

I also said, "At the time we were leading, we needed someone †☺ help defensively And not a striker. That was poor tactics from the coach."

So Moses being unfit or weak isn't the point of discussion. It is wrong choice of approach when the dynamics of the match is concerned.

For instance, we needed a goal when we conceded a goal from the Zambian team. We needed more strikers on the pitch but Coach Keshi wanted to take out our best striker of the competition to bring in Ike Uche (Thank God Amokachi stopped that terrible change). That is also ridiculous. I didn't know Coach Keshi was this poor tactically as a coach. I wonder how he rose to become the coach of our national team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Extends Barcelona’s Contract Till 2020/21 / Rasheedat Ajibade Scores To Send Atletico Madrid Into The Champions League / The Predictors Gang On Rythm 93.7fm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.