Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon (35312 Views)

Car Falls Off Bridge Along Lokoja-Abuja Road, Two Die (Graphic Pics) / Driver Almost Burnt Alive On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Toyota Siena Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by 001solar(m): 6:26am On Jan 27, 2013
Bigflamie: Goodluck Jonathan, why nah, infact i'll vote you out in 2015.
I hope there will be no casualties.
I think we need matured minds on nairaland
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by monex(m): 7:17am On Jan 27, 2013
Siena:

I agree bro. But that guy was wrong - no one died in the accident he was involved in, else he'd have said so. All he said was this: "must everybody involved die in an accident to make it qualify as such."

From his statement, no one died. smiley
unless the guy also said no one died then he would be correct. You can be involved in a fatal accident in which some other party (not yourself) died.
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by kandiikane(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2013
sooo, when dem find the moto, how dem go fit put am for canoe?
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by harlos: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2013
kandiikane: sooo, when dem find the moto, how dem go fit put am for canoe?
fortunately the man survived and the motor was carried by a pulley vehicle
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by mu2sa2: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2013
samleey: I hear that also from traffic radio, and the Lagos state commissioner for transportation has confirmed the rescued of the only occupant of the car and he has been rushed to general hospital.
Glory be to God.
I really commend the effort of all those that participate in the rescued of that life, You really done great today
These ordinary people on their own volition rushed their canoes to the scene to rescue a fellow human being. Great. God reward them. Politicians should learn selfless service from these poor people, who did not ask for logistics, mobilisation, emergency fund or special release before swinging into action.

1 Like

Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by topeorekoy(m): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by Desloaaa(f): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2013
jhydebaba: The car na used gala wrapper
rubbish boy
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by nikkyshyne(f): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2013
Amazing how he survived. The Lord is good.

Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by lastpage: 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
I hope our people realize that you cannot drive "SUV" the same way you drive "Sedan" cars?

SUV's have a higher Center of Gravity and are prone to flipping if you speed them into a corner,.....unlike Sedans that can do corners at appreciable speeds

(especially Mercedes Benz Sedan whose tires not only turn left-right but also bend sideways when doing a turn thereby further lowering its Center of Gravity and ability to negotiate a tight-turn).

I nearly flipped one myself, some years back.

Caution please, remember those you left at home are waiting., to welcome you back.

God help us as we help ourselves.

lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by Georgeorge20: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
what a pity,but what I know's that speed kills
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by azpekuliar: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
lastpage: I hope our people realize that you cannot drive "SUV" the same way you drive "Sedan" cars?

SUV's have a higher Center of Gravity and are prone to flipping if you speed them into a corner,.....unlike Sedans that can do corners at appreciable speeds

(especially Mercedes Benz Sedan whose tires not only turn left-right but also bend sideways when doing a turn thereby further lowering its Center of Gravity and ability to negotiate a tight-turn).

I nearly flipped one myself, some years back.

Caution please, remember those you left at home are waiting., to welcome you back.

God help us as we help ourselves.

lastpage!

Is this another Ikenna?
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by babybird82(f): 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
prettyirene: They were three occupant in the car, one died two are still in coma, they are pilots with Arik air, and the one that died just got married in october. So Sad

And where did u get this story from?

Anyways, there was only one occupant in the Sienna. He is hale and hearty. Thank God for timely intervention.
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by Ikenna351(m): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
azpekuliar:

Is this another Ikenna?

No, he maynot be another Ikenna, but he knew what he was saying. Toyota Sienna is a minivan. Sedan/Saloon,not all though, are more designed for speed.

Its so funny the way people come to assume what caused the accident. Of course, if you are a fellow that do long distance driving a lot, you will know its wrong to claim overspeeding was the cause of the accident. Only a driver driving a vehicle involved in an accident would know what caused the accident,i.e, if he survives it and remembers it. We can only guess unless you were looking at the when it suddenly happened. So many things can cause accident on expressway/highway, other than excessive speed.

I wonder why people would always use the word overspeeding? Overspeed is when you push your engine harder than designed for. Each engine has its speed limit. Over speeding your engine limit will wear the engine faster and will fail sooner than you expect. Car A engine overspeed is different from Car B engine overspeed.

How many of us carry out a study on a vehicle before we purchase them? Do we really know what we want in a car? Whats the vehicle coming in for; purpose? If you are the speed type, do you check to know the vehicle's spec; what it can do and what it cant do on high speed?

Please,if you know you have plans to buy car tomorrow, and you have plans to be doing trips with it or you like putting stunts on the wheel while on high speed, like swerving out of potholes on high speed, please and please, look for a car with variable ratio steering/speed sensitive steering or servotronic steering system. They will save you a lot on highway. Take it from me! Thats one good thing about most Euro cars with high powered engines, designed for speed. The steering becomes heavy when on high speed, to prevent the car swerving into the bush or turning over the front end to the other side, unlike the normal PAS (power assisted steering) that will be too light as it is when on stationaly & on high speed. But i believe some Japs would have that as well. You just have to carry out a study on cars and what you need from one, before you make your choice. Dont buy because "Everyone drives it". If you want Toyota Camry, look for one that has specifications that will serve the need for wanting a car. If you want an economy car, the one you wont spend more than 1k to fuel and maintain for one month, then forget about doing high speed when you get it. You cant gain everything. You gain some, you lose some. If you want a vehicle that can take all the stunts you put on the wheels, no matter the condition of the road, then go for one that will cost a little bit more to fuel and maintain. Some vehicles on highspeed cant maintain stability when they have blowout, while some will maintain their stabilty, be it the front wheel tyres or rear wheel ones.

I was driving to Enugu from Abuja sometime last year. Somewhere around Ajaokuta in Kogi state, a sheep jump out of the bush and stopped. It was too late for me to do anything, at the speed i was doing, i didnt bother to touch the brake. The next thing i heard was "Kpum!" . My car ran over it. The car didnt behave as if it ran over the sheep, as such high speed. I didnt feel anything on the steering wheel, neither did the car shake or lost control. I kept on moving. After few kilometers, i stopped, came out to check the damage. It was then i saw part of the skin of the sheep on the front number plate and some on the oil pan, meaning the car hit it and it went under the car, yet the car behaved as if nothing happened. Not all cars could handle this. Trust me, i have driven a lot of cars in the past on highways, had accidents and knew what caused them. My point is, anything can happen when you are on expressway or highway. How good your car is or how good you are bebind the wheels on highway is what takes you and brings you back home safely, most importantly, God. But then, you do not take God for granted. Dont assume "Its not my Portion!". Do your bit first, and expect God to do the rest.

Finally, not all cars are rides. Also, not all rides are performance cars. You need to know which one you want, what it takes one to keep them on the road and their capabilities on highspeed.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by kandiikane(m): 2:59am On Jan 28, 2013
^All this just because people are trying to figure out how the accident occurred? undecided
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by ziccoit: 3:53am On Jan 28, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^ why are you saying this instead of thanking the guy for adding to our values in term of knowledge? You people are funny sha.

Thank Ikenna351. I used to think SUV was better on speed.
Re: Car Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge Into The Lagoon by topeorekoy(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2013
See more pictures as the car is being pulled out of the Lagoon

http://topeorekoya..com/2013/01/photos-car-that-fell-off-3rd-mainland.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This N10m Lamborghini Diablo Is The Cheapest Lamborghini You Can Buy / Twitter User Shows Off G-wagon He Bought At Age 24 / Bentley Unveils Its 2019 Continental GT Convertible - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.