Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists (1028 Views)

How Long Do Normal People Stay Single For? / How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? / I Decide To Stay Single Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by simdam500(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
Men and women who are married or in long-term relationships are more likely to survive to old age than singletons according to research. Scientistshave found that being married, or being in a permanent stable relationship, could lead to a longer life.
Middle-aged people withouta spouse or long-term partner were discovered to be at greater risk of premature death than those who were settled down with their other half, they said. So stark was the difference in outcomes that those who never married or settled down with a long-term companionwere more than twice morelikely to die in middle age than those who had been in a stable relationship throughout their adult life.
Even when personality andrisky behaviours were taken into account, marital status continued to have amajor impact on survival into old age, researchers from Duke University Medical Center in the US said. The increased emotional support enjoyed by married people was thought to be an important factor in helping them to live to an old age.
Analysing data on 4,802 people born in the 1940s,the authors of the study, published in the Annals of Behavioral Medicine journal, said: “Our results suggest that attention to non-marital patterns of partnership is likely to become more important for these baby boomers.” These patterns appear to provide different levels of emotional and functional social support, which has been shown to be related to mortality.
“Social ties during midlife are important to help us understand premature mortality.” It is not the firsttime marriage has been shown to have a beneficialeffect on one’s health. Themental health of people with long-term partners has been found to be better than that of singletons. Men and womenin relationships for longer than five years are less likely to be depressed, consider or attempt suicide, or be dependent on alcohol or drugs, research has shown previously. A separate study found that being married or in a long-term relationship improves an individual’s ability to deal with stress. Office for National Statistics figures have shown that widowed men and single mothers suffer the worst health, with the greatest number of acute and chronic conditions seen in this group. But the 2011 census found that married and civilly partnered couples make up just 47 per cent of households, down from 51 per cent in 2001. Any single man wanting to act on the latestfindings about the correlation between being alone and dying in middle age might want to considertheir choice of partner carefully, however.
It has been suggested in one study that a man’s chances of dying early arecut by a fifth if their bride is between 15 and 17 years their junior.

http://www.naijaonpoint.com/stay-single-die-younger-say-scientists/
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by 190: 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
with this im crying for nairaland guys like mynd dopejemi et al grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 27, 2013
Is that so?.....interesting
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Mynd44: 1:57am On Jan 27, 2013
Tell that to the pope. Seriously, I meant that.

And please tell that child to grow the eff up
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by 190: 2:01am On Jan 27, 2013
lrguru: Is that so?.....interesting

grin grin grin
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by 190: 2:02am On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44: Tell that to the pope. Seriously, I meant that.

And please tell that child to grow the eff up

just die you mongrel grin grin
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Mynd44: 2:03am On Jan 27, 2013
190:

just die you mongrel grin grin
Right after you choke on your lies boy
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by 190: 2:06am On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Right after you choke on your lies boy

did i lie to save your rotten a-r-se

why are you so bitter looser hobbit grin gringrin
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2013
@Myndd and 190, please dont fight!, i like you both! *crying*
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by djeezy(m): 7:04am On Jan 27, 2013
Nothing to comment.
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by topmostg: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2013
Bolushalom: @Myndd and 190, please dont fight!, i like you both! *crying*
i wish i knew both of them.

I'd smack both of them silly, for tryin to turning the threaded to a battlefield....
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by ITbomb(m): 7:30am On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd and 190 fight?
NL is a hell of a joke, if u know what I mean
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Mynd44: 8:10am On Jan 27, 2013
Bolushalom: @Myndd and 190, please dont fight!, i like you both! *crying*
Fight who? Lai lai.
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Fight who? Lai lai.
ook, *stops crying*
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by 190: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2013
mynd is my boy and would remain that

I cant fit my boy - i rather just send him to the village undecided
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 27, 2013
My own personal findings say that a man has greater risk of dying young if married in Naija than staying single. If the age btw a man and the bride is more than 25 yrs, then the risk becomes double for the man.
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Mynd44: 11:56am On Jan 27, 2013
190: mynd is my boy and would remain that

I cant fit my boy - i rather just send him to the village undecided
LWKMD.
Shaky fingers I see
Re: Stay Single, Die Younger, Say Scientists by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
tpacalipse: My own personal findings say that a man has greater risk of dying young if married in Naija than staying single. If the age btw a man and the bride is more than 25 yrs, then the risk becomes double for the man.
#singin# He is a BFL-Bachelor For Life! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What To Do? / Operation Come Out Of The Friendzone! / Craziest, Stupidest Things We Have Done For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.