Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open (4295 Views)

Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win / Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Andy Murray To Meet Rafael Nadal In Japan Open Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open by metti(m): 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
jiraiyas: You guys should go ask the king of Clay Nadal Ħ☺w beasty Novak is ,this is just one guy that dont only just give up but when he gets is momentum up is acceleration becomes incredible nd huge as he goes .
Remember he outplayed Nadal last Ausie finals from 2sets down ,and Nadal said going †☺ get his medal "Djokovic is a beast" that's a beast on his own calling another a beast ,can you beat that
Jiriyas, I just cross check the result. I am correct, this is it;
5-7 6-4 6-2 6-7 7-5 As you can see 1st set to Nadal 2nd and 3rd to Novak, 4th to Nadal and 5th to Novak. Just google it to comfirm.
Re: Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
Baba Djokovic, I doff my hat for you! Congrats to you bro....
Re: Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
straneur: Djokovic defeated Andy Murray to defend his title.

Novak Djokovic wore down Andy Murray in a gruelling four-set final to clinch a hat-trick of Australian Open titles on Rod Laver Arena on Sunday.

The Serbian world number one lost the opening set in a tiebreaker but got progressively stronger to dominate the suffering Murray and win 6-7 (2/7), 7-6 (7/3), 6-3, 6-2 in 3hr 40min.

It was Djokovic's fourth Australian crown and his sixth Grand Slam title overall to confirm himself as the game's premier player.

Djokovic, 25, became the first man in the Open Era and the third man ever to win three consecutive Australian Open titles, joining Australians Jack Crawford (1931-33) and five-time winner Roy Emerson (1963-67).

Murray, the British world number three, began well but he battled a left hamstring injury and blistered feet as Djokovic stepped up, winning the important points and most of the lung-busting long rallies.

It was Djokovic's second win over Murray in a Grand Slam final after the 2011 Australian final, and ended the Scot's unbeaten 13-match run in the majors since his victory over the Serb in last September's US Open decider.

Djokovic confirmed his standing as the number one ranked player while Murray will remain in the third position behind Roger Federer.

It continued Djokovic's dominance on the Melbourne hardcourt surface and capped an impressive fortnight where he recovered from a draining five-setter over five hours with Stanislas Wawrinka in the fourth round to score emphatic wins over Tomas Berdych and David Ferrer to reach the final.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/15964568/djokovic-wins-third-consecutive-australian-open/
Murray played his finals with Federer.
Re: Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open by PhysicsQED(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Disappointing. I would have liked for Murray to win another one. Maybe the injury was what did Murray in, or maybe Djokovic was just the better player this time around.
Re: Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open by ortopazz(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
tennis boring whthout the KiNG Y'AL ALREADY, NADAL!
Re: Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open by oyestephen(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Up novak!! So happy for u bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Remember Hazard Vs Di Maria Comparison / Follow Me For Daily Free Odds... No Scam All Free / Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.