Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,808 members, 7,841,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! (915 Views)

PHOTOS: Visible Cracks On Apapa Bridge- NEWSHELM / CCT Trial: Fresh Cracks In Saraki’s Camp / WATCH VIDEO: Buhari, Alive And Witty, Cracks A Joke With Bola Tinubu In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by justokey(m): 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
Former FCT minister, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has come under heavy
attack on social media for his tweet on Sunday in his attempt to
defend the former Education minister, Mrs Oby Ezekwesili and to
deride the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

The ex-minister, in his tweet posted on January 27, 2013, made a
joke about Jesus and Mary Magdalene in a sarcasm aimed at
Information minister, Labaran Maku, Dr Doyin Okupe and Dr Ruben
Abati.

His controversial tweet reads: “If Jesus criticizes Jonathan’s govt,
Maku/Abati/Okupe will say he slept with MaryMadgalene.”

Meanwhile, Christians and other Nigerians have been attacking the
ex-minister describing the comments as offensive and attack on
Christians.

SOURCE: http://247ureports.com/el-rufai-in-trouble-over-jesus-christ-mary/
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by justokey(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
Things like this will keep increasing the mistrust and fan the amber of hate between christians and muslims. Why can't politicians stick to politics and leave religion alone.
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by onyeego(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
We r Christians,we have a living God, Our Lord Jesus is a living God he can fight for himself!
He Can even fight for Us smiley
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by vislabraye(m): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
Why didn't he mention Mohammed? He wants to drive Christians to riot but he won't succeed.
Xtians are not like him who will go to the extent of killing.
So silly of him.

If he doesn't change he would stand in the judgment seat of Jesus and give account of his idle words.
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by banki(m): 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
did anyone here read the davinci code..........
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by teskyg: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
I thought he was nursing a presidential ambition?This is finally buried any ambition.The difference between Islam and Christianity is clear.
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by justokey(m): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
@teskyg: mark my words when the time comes, he deny ever making disparaging comments on christianity.
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by zangiff(m): 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
satanic Hell Rufai
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by Gboliwe: 3:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
I am 75% sure that if a christian ex minister had said this against Muhammed and a female adherent, heads would have rolled.
And somebody was saying Ribadu Elrufai ticket would fly. Not in this my lifetime.
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by SlyIg(f): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
My dearest Jesus, can you please forgive this man?
Be calm Christians,no fight nor curse. For if it's the Muslims something of such is being page,i know what would have happened long before now both in Nigeria and outside.
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by DrummaBoy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
His controversial tweet reads: “If Jesus criticizes Jonathan’s govt,
Maku/Abati/Okupe will say he slept with MaryMadgalene.”

Now how does that statement vilify Jesus? Yes he mentioned Jesus; one could say he should not have done so bc He is revered by Christians but unfortunately he used it to explain the doggedness of Jonathans people to condemn anything whether reasonable or unreasonable; and his mentioning of Jesus was almost in the same manner OBJ did when he said even if Jesus was to oversea an election in Nigeria, people will still have issues with it. He actually must have meant in the sense that even if the most righteous and revered human who ever lived criticized Jonathan, his dogs will still bark out at that person. And that for me is honoring a figure(Jesus) that naturally a normal Muslim will tend to denigrate.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by Gboliwe: 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
Twist and turn it however you want but I repeat, if an ex minister had used Mohammad and Amina in the same context, there would have been breaking news headlines.
This man has no respect for spiritual beings
Re: El Rufai Cracks A Tasteless Joke With The Name Of Jesus! by OAM4J: 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2013

(1)

Bombing Of Army College: Report Indicts Former Commander General Isah / President Goodluck Jonathan And Sambo Dancing To Kukere By Iyanya On Stage / Steps To Impeach The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.