Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! (1529 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Nasir El Rufai Tweet That Got Twitter Buzzing On Saturday / I Am Number 7 On Gej's Snipper List - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Pukkah: 7:36am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

There is no amount of apology that will take back what he has uttered. It isnt about God fighting! He is too small for God to fight! It is about him showing what he truly believes in. It is about his true values. You cannot spin this into a partisan thing. He insulted Christ and no true Christian will condone that. Only fake Christians will. A true leader will never say such a thing. He has just shown that he isnt a true leader. If you choose to support him, fine. You only show you aint a Christian. No man takes respects another man more than his God. No man! Except that other man is actually his God!

The way religionists reason amazes me. Think about it, does God NEED any mortal's respect? Isn't it demeaning to conjure an image of a God that fights? Does he NEED to fight? Who is he fighting? With this reasoning, you're the one making condescending comments about God.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by 4va3sa22na(f): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2013
The Irrationality of religious is apalling...
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2013
222Martins:
@thelastpope and other self proclaimed righteous christians, yes i am a christian but i don't feel insulted by El Rufai's statement. What does that have to do with my christian life. For Christ sake he only retweeted a statement he found amusing. Nigerians are so full of sychophants parading as christians. Despite our self proclaimed holiness, we are still backward and among the poorest people on earth. The earlier we stop seeing ethnicity, religion, race and soceital status as a barrier to greater heights, the better for us. If you feel insulted by his statement, that is your own cup of tea.

You are not a Christian! You probably went to church with your parents so you think you are a christian. I repeat, you are not a christian. No Christian will condone a statement that ridicules Christ. You are a fake Christian who believes he is a Christian because his parents are christians or because most of his folks are christians. El Rufai does not have to ridicule Christ to make our society better. What is the the correlation?
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2013
Pukkah:

The way religionists reason amazes me. Think about it, does God NEED any mortal's respect? Isn't it demeaning to conjure an image of a God that fights? Does he NEED to fight? Who is he fighting? With this reasoning, you're the one making condescending comments about God.

Some of you are funny chaps. What has El Rufai actions got to do with God fighting? He ridicules the God of a major demography and you are talking of God fighting? You are funny to even think that not condoning such ridicle has to be done by fighting and killings. Have you become so confused by the actions of some terrorists and extremists? He insulted Christ. He insulted Christians! He cannot do that expecially as he aspires to be a leader. Simple as! If that doesnt mean anything to you, then you aint a christian. You are a church goer who has become too used to profanity like Esau! You have lost reverence for the sacred. You have become callous and lukewarm! That is a deep issue you got there!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by ba7man(m): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

You are not a Christian! You probably went to church with your parents so you think you are a christian. I repeat, you are not a christian. No Christian will condone a statement that ridicules Christ. You are a fake Christian who believes he is a Christian because his parents are christians or because most of his folks are christians. El Rufai does not have to ridicule Christ to make our society better. What is the the correlation?
So as a true Christian....Propose what you feel is the logical way forward.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2013
4va3sa22na: The Irrationality of religious is apalling...

So because you are against religion, does that mean someone can go around insulting other peoples belief? The last time I checked, even gay people are calling anti gay statements hate speech and the west have already made laws to stop people from insulting them. It is funny that while so called liberals fight for "rights", they think it is fine to insult others. How does that add up?
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 8:38am On Jan 29, 2013
ba7man: So as a true Christian....Propose what you feel is the logical way forward.

Simple, we tell him to his face by words and actions that he cannot be our leader. Now or in the future and that is exactly what we will do! He is not fit to lead in any capacity in a multi cultural and multi religious society such as this. And he will be told in plain English! We will also sensitize the people to this and match our words with actions where necessary. People like him are the real enemies of Nigeria. This same kind of script has been played over and over since 1960. Many have died because men like him have continued to push both an ethnic and religious gospel. People have been beheaded in the north because of men like him. The civil war was fought because of men like him. I am glad he has actually exposed himself.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 9:38am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

Simple, we tell him to his face by words and actions that he cannot be our leader. Now or in the future and that is exactly what we will do! He is not fit to lead in any capacity in a multi cultural and multi religious society such as this. And he will be told in plain English! We will also sensitize the people to this and match our words with actions where necessary. People like him are the real enemies of Nigeria. This same kind of script has been played over and over since 1960. Many have died because men like him have continued to push both an ethnic and religious gospel. People have been beheaded in the north because of men like him. The civil war was fought because of men like him. I am glad he has actually exposed himself.
El-Rufai isn't worth being called a leader and so are the hat and agbada wearing marauders in our political space and the hypocrites called priests who put crowns upon the heads of thieves called leaders! Enough of the pseudo-religious vendetta, you are not different from El-Rufai! It is folks like you that make others view Christianity as a corporate structure of the world when you infuse politics into it for your economic gains!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by truth4meal(m): 10:32am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

Christianity in the dictionary of bigots is a tool for disunity but Christianity as preached by Christ is not a religion rather its a two faced law - love for man and love for God. I will accept you cataloging me as "not a christian" because its obvious from your post your definition of Christianity is self styled. U are Firstly a man who claims to be fighting the injustice done to the name of Christ but couldn't quote a single verse of the bible. You are the Christian who abhors atonement as publicly offered through the apology tweets of El-Rufai. You are the follower of Christ who culdnt turn the other cheek. Pls mr defender of christ did you remember even at golgotha that Jesus prayed for his persecutors saying "father forgive..." I know as a sound Christian u shld be able to complete the verse. Since you are casting stones did you remember wht Jesus said is a perfect candidate for stone casting? - a sinless soul. I know you are defending christ as a christian that you profess u are but don't you think Christ is made powerless by your action?...I knw you are a political christian and you have the liberty to disagree. If after defending Christ and your solution is not for the man @el rufai to seek atonement but rather that he should not be voted for then its obvious you are paid to hide under the name of Christ to assasinate a man's character which makes u eligible for everlasting doom. You are your own christian in the rank of oritejafor and the rest of the political Christians

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2013
So you guys want us to make up our mind about 2015 on El-Rufai because of this retweet?

Am neither a Christian nor Muslim but believed in the existence of a supreme being...so am not bothered about what el-rufai tweeted.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by fkaz(m): 10:51am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope: But you cannot say you believe in Jesus Christ and then support words that demean Jesus Christ and the man who said those words.

How do you the words that demean jesus christ or when did you become an advocate for our lord saviour?

hypocrite like you
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Countryman93: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2013
Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 11:01am On Jan 29, 2013
Countryman93: Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!
@Lie-Baran Maku's protege, save the balderdash for the thieves in government. Jona should publicly declare his assets!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by garrix8: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2013
Bwahahaha!!!!

Shameless people!!!!!

I'm sure Christ would be so happy with his acclaimed followers for hurling insults at people as well as their religion because of his name....

El-Rufai has apologised and a true Christian would forgive and forget...

Do we really have sensible Christians in Nigeria.....

@LostHope: I wonder who you think you're deceiving with ur childish rants. Its all politics to you. And ur fellow GEJ azz-lickers, so stop covering ur political battle with a religious veil. Many are now wiser than that...
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by garrix8: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2013
Countryman93: Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Ezekwesili's shyte is worth more than Liebaran Maku's life...

He should accept the challenge of a public debate and defend his clueless and inept pay-master...
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by fkaz(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2013
el-rufai hate Christian, make jest of jesus christ bla bla . Is jonathan better than him? Who is mocking god? The retard who claim to be a Christian, is he living christ like?
You guys should not involve jesus in campaign for jonathan 2015.

mathew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

mathew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^^SHAMEFUL PIX.

That man kneeling down is your true definition of a fake Christian if you wish to know...
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:

People have called jesus all sorts of names in the past and No Christian would go and fight anyone for God

The Da Vinci code insulted him, people have called him gayy called him everything compared him to anything evil but I dont flinch cos my bible tells me the fight is the Lords

No one can fight for God no one can help my God the man(Uzzah)in the bible who tried it was struck dead instantly

Only fake Christian try to help God fight his fight

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12-19
pastor dayokanu? abeg when you go open your own church? don't forget to make me Mummy G.O. cheesy grin
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by banki(m): 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

El rufai retweeted a post a christian posted......
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Igwe9(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
El rufai made a mistake,YES. He was called to order and he corrected it. why should we be hitting on this singular act of his as if we holy pass!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
truth4meal: Christianity in the dictionary of bigots is a tool for disunity but Christianity as preached by Christ is not a religion rather its a two faced law - love for man and love for God. I will accept you cataloging me as "not a christian" because its obvious from your post your definition of Christianity is self styled. U are Firstly a man who claims to be fighting the injustice done to the name of Christ but couldn't quote a single verse of the bible. You are the Christian who abhors atonement as publicly offered through the apology tweets of El-Rufai. You are the follower of Christ who culdnt turn the other cheek. Pls mr defender of christ did you remember even at golgotha that Jesus prayed for his persecutors saying "father forgive..." I know as a sound Christian u shld be able to complete the verse. Since you are casting stones did you remember wht Jesus said is a perfect candidate for stone casting? - a sinless soul. I know you are defending christ as a christian that you profess u are but don't you think Christ is made powerless by your action?...I knw you are a political christian and you have the liberty to disagree. If after defending Christ and your solution is not for the man @el rufai to seek atonement but rather that he should not be voted for then its obvious you are paid to hide under the name of Christ to assasinate a man's character which makes u eligible for everlasting doom. You are your own christian in the rank of oritejafor and the rest of the political Christians

I will repeat it again. You are not a Christian. By the definition of the bible, you are not a Christian. No Christian will ever condone and I repeat condone the desecration of Christ. If you cannot understand the basic difference between forgiving one's sins and supporting what someone does, then you are not a Christian, simples. That you forgive El rufai doesnt mean you have to follow him. That you even look up to the likes of El Rufai for leadership shows you are not a Christian. Jesus forgave the thief on the cross and mary magdalene doesnt mean he agreed to what they did or condoned it. El Rufai can seek atonement but that doesnt change the fact that he has an opinion of Christ and Christians. You are not a christian.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
banki:

El rufai retweeted a post a christian posted......

A retweet and a tweet are the same thing. A retweet is a rebroadcast of a tweet. It means you concur to what the person tweeted. It is now your tweet. That was why Rio Ferdinand had to delete his retweet of the "choc ice" tweet. You cannot rebroadcast a blackberry message or forward an email to all your contacts and claim you were not responsible for it. And moreover, how do you know the original person was a christian? You made him one?
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
garri (x8):
Bwahahaha!!!!

Shameless people!!!!!

I'm sure Christ would be so happy with his acclaimed followers for hurling insults at people as well as their religion because of his name....

El-Rufai has apologised and a true Christian would forgive and forget...

Do we really have sensible Christians in Nigeria.....

@LostHope: I wonder who you think you're deceiving with ur childish rants. Its all politics to you. And ur fellow GEJ azz-lickers, so stop covering ur political battle with a religious veil. Many are now wiser than that...

You have a right to say what you want but that doesnt change a thing. El Rufai has exposed himself as a true bigot. You can support him as a co bigot. It is within your rights to!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by kcjazz(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
A Christian tweets, a Muslim re-tweets and then it becomes chaos! Muslim guy apologizes, "real Christians" are super angry. Now I understand why black people can use the N word and its a crime for white folks. undecided
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by truth4meal(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

I will repeat it again. You are not a Christian. By the definition of the bible, you are not a Christian. No Christian will ever condone and I repeat condone the desecration of Christ. If you cannot understand the basic difference between forgiving one's sins and supporting what someone does, then you are not a Christian, simples. That you forgive El rufai doesnt mean you have to follow him. That you even look up to the likes of El Rufai for leadership shows you are not a Christian. Jesus forgave the thief on the cross and mary magdalene doesnt mean he agreed to what they did or condoned it. El Rufai can seek atonement but that doesnt change the fact that he has an opinion of Christ and Christians. You are not a christian.
I have said it before your response that i am very ready to be cataloged as not a "christian. In your own brand of Christianity where did Christ say you as a Christians should fight on his behalf? You are a Christian but i guess your bible is unalike mine so i will relay an account of what happened at Garden of Gethsemane when Judas Iscariot, the betrayer, arrived with a “multitude” of soldiers, high priests, Pharisees, and servants to arrest Jesus - (Matthew 26:36-56, Mark 14:32-52, Luke 22:40-53 and John 18:1-11).Trying to protect Jesus, Peter took a sword and attacked a man named Malchus, the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. Jesus rebuked Peter and miraculously healed the man’s ear - John 18:5-6. so what kind of Christian is yours when even Jesus rebuked his disciple who try to defend him. I know you are intelligent enough to discern that my explanation is veritable but the salary you and the rest goons are paid will make rightful thinking possible but not asserted. El-Rufai did nothing compare to the people that spat on the Savior, Jesus Christ and still Jesus asked God to forgive them. This is a failed political smear campaign - But please is GEJ your paid master a Christian? Am sure your answer should be yes cos your kind of Christianity akin his own.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by nuclearboy(m): 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
This is all becoming so boring! People "judging" that others are not Christians because they don't agree with them and accept that El Rufai must never be President! Such balderdash!

What if he becomes born-again tomorrow? Yet you who don't know if you'll see tomorrow has already condemned him?

Who even gave you the right to judge others? And your fight is on who's behalf? A man that will kneel before Olumba today and Adeboye 2moro? That's the Christian, right?

I sincerely don't see what the noise is about - A PERSON using Jesus as the STANDARD of perfection is NOT insulting Him! Ask yourself a question - If he believed someone else was greater in any way, why didn't he use that person? Far as I am concerned, the writer just said Jesus is the greatest!

Shut up OR accept this is political manouvering, not a fight for Jesus - He doesn't need your help except if YOU are saying He's a God that cannot take care of Himself! In which case, who is actually honoring Him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Has Bitten The Finger That Fed Him By Demolishing Ikemba Nnewi's Center / Ribadu Is An Attention-seeker / Career Was Built On Bootlicking - Presidency / I Started As A Charge-and-bail Lawyer/My Rivalry With FRA Williams—Afe Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.