Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan (13781 Views)

Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by expertman(m): 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
I Won’t Be Tolerant With Power Like Jonathan – Anyim

Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, erstwhile president of the senate, is presently the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF with oversight over preparations for the country’s centenary celebrations. Ahead of next month’s flag-off of the 22 month long celebrations, Senator Anyim alongside the Minister of Culture and Tourism, Chief Edem Duke unfolded plans to commemorate the proclamation during an interactive session with journalists in Lagos.

The plans, he said as at last week, were still tentative with inputs still being received from critical stakeholders. One of the poignant points raised in the course of the interaction was on the role of some past leaders who have today coalesced into the political opposition. Senator Anyim, whose wits and wisdom helped him in navigating through the once slippery corridors of power in the Senate responded to those issues and many more in the course of the session. Excerpts:

On the role of the political opposition during the celebrations
The time I was leaving the senate I was getting to 42 and I didn’t think about what I would be tomorrow. I walked away. Why wouldn’t people also think that the country should be above them? I had become chairman of the National Assembly and I said I had no business here again and I walked away and I had no plan about what I was going to do except that my father was a farmer and I had a farmland. It is as simple and straight as that. We must join hands to promote the country above every selfish interest. I think the duty is for us to elevate the corporate wellbeing of Nigeria because it is all our collective well being over and above every narrow and parochial feeling. Honestly and I think so.

Let me again empahsise about this issue of perception. If I were Jonathan, if I were him, I ordinarily try to simplify my life, (but) I have never seen a man humble with power as Jonathan. I wouldn’t be as humble as that with power, I can tell you that I was not. I have never seen anybody that is as tolerant with power as he. I have never seen any leader in Nigeria and I have been around, that has managed power the way Jonathan has and that is why everybody thinks we can rubbish him, ‘that one, what can he do? He wont do anything. We can step on him!’

[b]We haven’t had it that way before. And I have told people, we have wonderful opportunity under Jonathan to deepen democracy because he will not interfere with anything, he will not interfere with what you are doing. He will not even challenge you. What you want to do, do! Those working with him, he doesn’t manipulate, he doesn’t control, just run your office. That is the basic principle that will advance our democracy. But we turn it otherwise to say, it is weakness. We have to choose between the principles of democracy or a peculiar type of democracy that is peculiar to Nigeria .

We have measured civilian regimes and military regimes. How would Abacha have done it? How would Murtala have done it? How did Obasanjo do it (no I don’t want to talk about that one o!) But the truth is that the principle of democracy is universal. So you have to compare what he is doing is what should be or how the other people did it. Somebody told me that the kind of president Nigeria needs is the one with iron hand. When he comes you know he has come.

We shouldn’t take it for granted because instead of maximising the opportunity of the kind of person Jonathan is we are abusing it. I wont be as soft, as humble, as tolerant as he is in power. I will not be, I! I am saying so. You know I am saying the truth, if you step on me, I step on you![/b]

Let’s get it right this is the duty we have to perform together, the country should be above every personal interest. You mustn’t rule. People will come and tell me it is the turn of the Southeast, it is the turn of this…. Who zoned it to South-south now? Who zoned it to them? God! Who gave it to Jonathan? This is a man nobody ever gave any chance. Who didn’t even want.

He wanted to remain in his small Bayelsa, they dragged him out overnight and you cannot see the hand of God in it? You think you can throw him away like that? It is not possible. It is because we do not believe in God that is why you cannot see God in anything. We should get it right. God has so pampered me in my life that I don’t sleep and worry about tomorrow. I don’t think about tomorrow, because I think my tomorrow is secured in God’s hand and I sleep very well.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/i-wont-be-tolerant-with-power-like-jonathan-anyim/

9 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by eriegua83: 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
Na today soldier go soldier come
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Jalal(m): 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
Space for sale!
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by 2bosun: 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Truth the told GEJ needs to be more decisive, Nigeria is far too complex of a country to be run by a passive Leader. Anyim can't do any better though, he can only keep dreaming.

GEJA- more action, less committees undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Gbawe: 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
Simply a facetious way of labeling GEJ weak and not in charge/control.

21 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by solomon111(m): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Gbawe: Simply a facetious way of labeling GEJ weak and not in charge/control.
That is your own way of seeing it.
It can also be infered that GEJ is very democratic,and delegates powers.
That is the future of Nigeria.
We don't need a goliath,or a tyrant who believes he/she is a king ruling over slaves.

45 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
This coming from Anyim is great endorsement for Jonthan.

These are words of an elder, kids will usually rant.

i am waiting for the nairaland tantrums.
Bring it on kids!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by PointB: 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
solomon111: That is your own way of seeing it.
It can also be infered that GEJ is very democratic,and delegates powers.
That is the future of Nigeria.
We don't need a goliath,or a tyrant who believes he/she is a king ruling over slaves.

Gbam!

Don't mind those folks who are only motivated by myopic clannish interest, and looking for a way to push out jonathan so that they can have the man there through the VP backdoor.
Like we don't know why they hate him that with bile!

3 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Omen100(m): 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
expertman: Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, erstwhile president of the senate, is presently the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF with oversight over preparations for the country’s centenary celebrations. Ahead of next month’s flag-off of the 22 month long celebrations, Senator Anyim alongside the Minister of Culture and Tourism, Chief Edem Duke unfolded plans to commemorate the proclamation during an interactive session with journalists in Lagos.

The plans, he said as at last week, were still tentative with inputs still being received from critical stakeholders. One of the poignant points raised in the course of the interaction was on the role of some past leaders who have today coalesced into the political opposition. Senator Anyim, whose wits and wisdom helped him in navigating through the once slippery corridors of power in the Senate responded to those issues and many more in the course of the session. Excerpts:

On the role of the political opposition during the celebrations
The time I was leaving the senate I was getting to 42 and I didn’t think about what I would be tomorrow. I walked away. Why wouldn’t people also think that the country should be above them? I had become chairman of the National Assembly and I said I had no business here again and I walked away and I had no plan about what I was going to do except that my father was a farmer and I had a farmland. It is as simple and straight as that. We must join hands to promote the country above every selfish interest. I think the duty is for us to elevate the corporate wellbeing of Nigeria because it is all our collective well being over and above every narrow and parochial feeling. Honestly and I think so.

Let me again empahsise about this issue of perception. If I were Jonathan, if I were him, I ordinarily try to simplify my life, (but) I have never seen a man humble with power as Jonathan. I wouldn’t be as humble as that with power, I can tell you that I was not. I have never seen anybody that is as tolerant with power as he. I have never seen any leader in Nigeria and I have been around, that has managed power the way Jonathan has and that is why everybody thinks we can rubbish him, ‘that one, what can he do? He wont do anything. We can step on him!’

We haven’t had it that way before. And I have told people, we have wonderful opportunity under Jonathan to deepen democracy because he will not interfere with anything, he will not interfere with what you are doing. He will not even challenge you. What you want to do, do! Those working with him, he doesn’t manipulate, he doesn’t control, just run your office. That is the basic principle that will advance our democracy. But we turn it otherwise to say, it is weakness. We have to choose between the principles of democracy or a peculiar type of democracy that is peculiar to Nigeria .

We have measured civilian regimes and military regimes. How would Abacha have done it? How would Murtala have done it? How did Obasanjo do it (no I don’t want to talk about that one o!) But the truth is that the principle of democracy is universal. So you have to compare what he is doing is what should be or how the other people did it. Somebody told me that the kind of president Nigeria needs is the one with iron hand. When he comes you know he has come.

We shouldn’t take it for granted because instead of maximising the opportunity of the kind of person Jonathan is we are abusing it. I wont be as soft, as humble, as tolerant as he is in power. I will not be, I! I am saying so. You know I am saying the truth, if you step on me, I step on you!

Let’s get it right this is the duty we have to perform together, the country should be above every personal interest. You mustn’t rule. People will come and tell me it is the turn of the Southeast, it is the turn of this…. Who zoned it to South-south now? Who zoned it to them? God! Who gave it to Jonathan? This is a man nobody ever gave any chance. Who didn’t even want.

He wanted to remain in his small Bayelsa, they dragged him out overnight and you cannot see the hand of God in it? You think you can throw him away like that? It is not possible. It is because we do not believe in God that is why you cannot see God in anything. We should get it right. God has so pampered me in my life that I don’t sleep and worry about tomorrow. I don’t think about tomorrow, because I think my tomorrow is secured in God’s hand and I sleep very well.

[s]my father was a farmer and I had a farmland.[/s]

another similar shoeless story again angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by PointB: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omen100:

Meaning you don't have any of your parent or grand parent who was a farmer? Besides, what's wrong with being a farmer or having a farmland?

Some of this moronic comments some of you guys make all over the places is becoming very boring. About time you lots grew up.

18 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by BOAR: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
What else do you expect him to rant about? No be there e dey chop now? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
This guy no know say he don use style fall him oga hand. Democracy doesn't translate to indecisiveness or lack of control, If the president is not in charge of his employees then there is fire on the mountain. Imagine a home where the parents don't have say in what the kids do, then nothing can work in that home. He was trying to say something good about his boss but got it wrong.

sometimes it's better to just keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Is this an admission that Retardeen Jonathan is clueless about governance

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by jmaine: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omen100:

And someone will quote you and cite how intelligent and objective you are . . .Lolz . . . .

11 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by fkaz(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
I have never seen a man humble with power as Jonathan.

He should try to emulate jesus christ in his humbles by fighting corruption.

Jesus christ never tolerate indiscipline according to

Jojn 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!".

If jonathan is that humble can he do this to his cabinet or any other agency in his govt

11 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Who is anyim and where does he sell his groundnut?

3 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Gbawe: Simply a facetious way of labeling GEJ weak and not in charge/control.

True. A subtle form of criticism.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by CyberG: 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
It doesn't detract from the fact that he is mentally incapable of leading Nigeria. Yes, a leader can be very humble (which is GOOD) BUT FIRM, DECISIVE and smart as a whip! Being fool.ish does not make you a better leader because people think you are humble.

5 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Look at his cheeks! They look like sacks of potatoes grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by scram(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:
Who is anyim and where does he sell his groundnut?

Oya... Inside! angry

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by miiraaj: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
"We haven’t had it that way before. And I have told people, we have wonderful opportunity under Jonathan to deepen democracy because he will not interfere with anything, he will not interfere with what you are doing. He will not even challenge you. What you want to do, do! Those working with him, he doesn’t manipulate, he doesn’t control, just run your office. That is the basic principle that will advance our democracy. But we turn it otherwise to say, it is weakness. We have to choose between the principles of democracy or a peculiar type of democracy that is peculiar to Nigeria ."

Characteristics of a veryyyy weak leader. That shows he doesn't know what he wants. That explains the thieving attitudes of his ministers and some govt officials who see themselves as emperors with no one to report to. GEJ is the greatest mistake of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
CyberG: It doesn't detract from the fact that he is mentally incapable of leading Nigeria. Yes, a leader can be very humble (which is GOOD) BUT FIRM, DECISIVE and smart as a whip! Being fool.ish does not make you a better leader because people think you are humble.

yes! like abacha! wink

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
miiraaj:

Characteristics of a veryyyy weak leader. That shows he doesn't know what he wants. That explains the thieving attitudes of his ministers and some govt officials who see themselves as emperors with no one to report to. GEJ is the greatest mistake of Nigeria.

abacha buhari is the answer!
don't come back crying after he kills and jails all your leaders o.

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 30, 2013
Big Black Turkey!

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 30, 2013
Knowledge9000: Big Black Turkey!

Big black hippo

5 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by thegistarena(m): 12:42am On Jan 30, 2013
see them na the same people clueless fellows.

3 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by misreal(m): 12:43am On Jan 30, 2013
lucenzo: This guy no know say he don use style fall him oga hand. Democracy doesn't translate to indecisiveness or lack of control, If the president is not in charge of his employees then there is fire on the mountain. Imagine a home where the parents don't have say in what the kids do, then nothing can work in that home. He was trying to say something good about his boss but got it wrong.

sometimes it's better to just keep quiet.
who told u gej doesnt have any say in what is happening.mtchheeew.if u do nt av anytin to say just go nd read ur bible.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by HezronLorraine(m): 12:45am On Jan 30, 2013
Portraying jonathan at his best.dres truth in sum tnz he mentioned about oga jona.but what else do u expect jonathan's federal parrots to say in his defence.from ayim's physical appearance.u'll know he's obviously drunk in d otueke palmwine jonathan gives him.lolz.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Dignitary: 12:46am On Jan 30, 2013
The way these ppl talk about God will make even d Pope appear like a sinner!

Until Nigerians realise that d no.1 political tool of d GEJ led govt is to play politics with religion and whip up sentiments, d likes of Anyim will continue to insult our intelligence with balderdash!!!

Perhaps d god of Anyim support corruption,inefficiency,poverty,ineptness and recklessness...my God, d holy one of Israel abhors corruption,detests hypocrisy and supports justice!]

3 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by lacasa: 12:47am On Jan 30, 2013
All this f**ls ass licking to kip dia Jobs sef undecided

GEJ is a Write-Off, somebody like him can only be a President in this failed country & ηo other in this world

#.. Say wat u lyk but He n his govt r as clueless & Corrupt as they come

Only in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by misreal(m): 12:47am On Jan 30, 2013
fkaz:

He should try to emulate jesus christ in his humbles by fighting corruption.

Jesus christ never tolerate indiscipline according to

Jojn 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!".

If jonathan is that humble can he do this to his cabinet or any other agency in his govt
u avnt said anytin yet.wen abacha was president ppl like u said he was a tyrant.nw u av gej,nw u r saying he is weak.y dnt u just mke ya pastor de president

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by iamswizz(m): 12:50am On Jan 30, 2013
re@lchange:

abacha buhari is the answer!
don't come back crying after he kills and jails all your leaders o.
thunder fire you and that Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Lists FG Owned Assests In Lagos As First Round Compensation / Stella Oduah Elected President Of ECOWAS Female Parliamentarians / Igbos Bu Igbo. Use Your Teeth And Count Your Tongue. This Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.