Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,399 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 (131569 Views)

Burkina Faso Vs Togo - AFCON 2013 (1 - 0) On February 3rd 2013 / South Africa Vs Mali - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 3) On Penalties On 2nd February 2013 / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by AbdulKwati: 8:48am On Jan 31, 2013
[color=][/color]
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by stankezzy: 8:59am On Jan 31, 2013
fewj: .
[img]
[/img]
soccernet.espn.go.com/ soccernet.espn.go.com/
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 31, 2013
donobi: If anybody believes that Super Eagles will defeat Ivory Coast should pls come with a $1000 and let bet, send me an email with this address donobiaustine@yahoo.com. I'm supporting Ivory Coast.
ABI OOOO LET THEM PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEY MOUFS @
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by zarkknight(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Where's TB Joshua when you need his predictions
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by DiyaDayo: 9:13am On Jan 31, 2013
i don't know why people doesn't believe in ur player if you are one of them you cant do more than what they are doing.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2013
zark knight: Where's TB Joshua when you need his predictions
After the match.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Ironi: 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Look at how these Nigerians, the giants are shaking in their pants and getting sleepless nights because they are going to face little Ivory Coast. Hehehehe, very funny Nigerians. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Though Nigeria is the under dog this would be an interesting match.

Take heart my friends, when they finish with you stand by and watch how big brother Ghana go use their face wipe the floor. cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by DeepSight(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2013
Richvkunt: Ivory Coast have the better players and are the tournament favourites.they are tactically disciplined and have a better coach. In Yaya Toure and Drogba they have two massive and experienced players.
On the other hand Nigeria are the underdog with a tactically unaware man as our coach. Our best player Mikel has consistently refused to rise to his potential.
In short the Nigerian team has no defined pattern of play and as such the odds are not in our favour at all.
However I have a sneaky feeling Nigeria will win this game and the game will be closer than people think. It might just be the upset of the century!

That a day has come, in which Nigeria defeating CIV would be referred to as an upset; is simply tragic.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2013
I believe they,ve got what it takes to win,they havent played to fans expectations yes but they have managed to organise our defence which had been our weakest link for years.

I think there is something special about this set of eagles..thats why i believe they,ll not only overcome the elephants but win the AFCON trophy as well.call me dreamer if you wish,they,ll win the cup.
im a Nigerian but my belief is not borne out of patriotism.

This team werent given any chance against catalunya..some said they would come out heavily embarrassed,i wasnt scared before that match..the final result was 1-1
They played cape verde and lots of people wrote them off,i didnt..cape verde defeated cameroun and that feat wasnt a fluke.Same cape verde was held by south africa,host nation in the opening match and they are still riding high.

They played their first match against burkina fasso,they were held to a 1-1 draw and again they were written off..same burkina fasso ended up topping the group and i think they,ll play in the semi finals

Nigeria played zambia and narrowly dropped points after some bad call from the referee.

They were expected to wallop the ethiopians,they ended up with 2-0 scored via penalties after moses was brought down inside their 18 yard box.

They simply deserve respect.You all can say all you wish,i believe they,ll continue to fly high.your pessimism and negativities wont affect them.

Ogude wont be playing,i think its a blessing in disguise,the team needs someone fast and more intelligent.
Omeruo is smart and physically imposing enough to withstand drogba and co,oboabona is very tough and wont be intimidated by them either,my only concern is echiejile but i believe if he steps up his game,sundays match will be his best performance...Yaya will be taken care of by igiebor or onazi if they are fielded.

3 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Smooyis(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2013
We should not be afraid of any team. We are by this developing our games. And the Super Eagles will b beta of at d end
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by GBOYEGA255(m): 11:54am On Jan 31, 2013
we dey dem nothing dey happen
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by RedLight1: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
Havilah93: King Emmanuel Eboue
@TheRealEboue 5h
Keep fooling yourself and
calling yourselfs the giant
of africa. You are nothing
but the soil of Africa we all
work on now.
i dont think thats real eboue ... this one is beyond football or mind game.. this is absolute hatred .... i smell a gaynian behind that twitter handle

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by RedLight1: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
pendusky:
so nigerian futbal is xo diminished? That u fear CIV and Ghana?
imagine... very pathetic
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
Deep Sight:

That a day has come, in which Nigeria defeating CIV would be referred to as an upset; is simply tragic.

EXACTLY ! LIKE MR. OMAR WOULD SAY 'TRAGIC!'
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by zuchyblink(m): 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
The Association of Nigerian Prostitutes (ANP) has
congratulated the Super Eagles of Nigeria for
moving on to the Quarter Finals stage of the Orange
African Cup of Nations, South Africa 2013, urging
them to go for gold. ANP in a statement issued through its national
secretary, Jessica Elvis urged the national team to
make the country proud by moving on to the finals
and bringing back the trophy.
“We want to congratulate the Nigerian National
team, the Super Eagles for qualifying for the next round of the competition. We want to assure them
of our usual support and partnership, we want
them to bring back our lost glory in football. Speaking further, Jessica added that the
Association would declare one week of free sex if
the Eagles win the trophy.
“To show our support for the national team, we’ll
be declaring one week free sex if the Super Eagles
can win the trophy,” she added. DailyPost investigation revealed some members of
the association are in South Africa ‘supporting’ the
national team.
The Super Eagles would be confronting the Ivorian
national team, the Elephants in a knockout stage on
Sunday.wonders shall never cease!
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
zuchyblink: The Association of Nigerian Prostitutes (ANP) has
congratulated the Super Eagles of Nigeria for
moving on to the Quarter Finals stage of the Orange
African Cup of Nations, South Africa 2013, urging
them to go for gold. ANP in a statement issued through its national
secretary, Jessica Elvis urged the national team to
make the country proud by moving on to the finals
and bringing back the trophy.
“We want to congratulate the Nigerian National
team, the Super Eagles for qualifying for the next round of the competition. We want to assure them
of our usual support and partnership, we want7
them to bring back our lost glory in football. Speaking further, Jessica added that the
Association would declare one week of free sex if
the Eagles win the trophy.
“To show our support for the national team, we’ll
be declaring one week free sex if the Super Eagles
can win the trophy,” she added. DailyPost investigation revealed some members of
the association are in South Africa ‘supporting’ the
national team.
The Super Eagles would be confronting the Ivorian
national team, the Elephants in a knockout stage on
Sunday.wonders shall never cease!

SIGNED- ANP SECRETARY
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by donobi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nobody wana bet.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by sojihandsome: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
SUPER MARIO IS NO MORE A CITIZEN HE IS NOW A ROSSONERI

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by onatisi(m): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
no shaking,we dey kampe .WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES ,WE SOAR HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER TEAM.THE IVORIANS WILL FALL ON SUNDAY.TRUST ME

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
I actually know how Naija rolls. It's times like this when they are considered the underdog that the go ahead to win. There's no doubt that the Ivorian team is better than Nigerian team both in individual talents and as a team but the Nigerian team is not the worst team in the world and they can lose to anything in Africa and also beat anything in Africa. Not necessarily because they're better but because of the pride that comes from being Nigeria. Their only saving grace is that they're Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by alphaconde(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
The book of stephen 3 vs 3-6 and moses proclaimed to the people The God that delivered us from the ethiopians will defend us in the presence of the ivorians. 4 and after the fifth day after noon before nightfall it came to pass that the nigerians defeated the ivorians. 5 The king of the nigerians one King Jonathan danced naked in Celebration at a place called the eagles square near his palace.6 and the lord blessed them amongst the football race of africa

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Breaking news: It has been confirmed that both Mikel and Ogude will miss the quarter-final match on Sunday, due to suspension. They both have 2 yellow cards.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
CFCfan: Breaking news: It has been confirmed that both Mikel and Ogude will miss the quarter-final match on Sunday, due to suspension. They both have 2 yellow cards.
I knew ogude would miss the match but never knew about Mikel. I wish Keshi had brought one of those older eg Nsogor, Obasi etc players to add to this team. It's inexperience that will be our greatest undoing against CIV.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
klasys: as far as i am concern, SuperEagle is the worst Team among them all, and is the best team in the world when comes to playing football with Mouth. They are just shout here and there, We will beat this and that, They always beat their opponent with mouth before the March, But when it comes to reality, They will be play like a chicken that has fever.

If we ought to be frank,SuperEagle is no where to be compete with any other team, it's only SuperEagle that their winning solely depend on Pray toGod 'Just pray for SuperEagle' to win a match
And you are the worst thing in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by sweetestboi(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
Havilah93: Okay.

We might not have played to our ultimate strengths in the group stages, but at this stage of the tournament, no team should be written off. We just might be in for a surprise smiley
well spoken,but even a blind person can forcast d our next game”itz ok 2 be patriotic buh I ll suggest u kip ur emotions very far 4rm ur tv set”
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by sweetestboi(m): 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
Havilah93: Okay.

We might not have played to our ultimate strengths in the group stages, but at this stage of the tournament, no team should be written off. We just might be in for a surprise smiley
well spoken,but even a blind person can forcast our next game”itz ok 2 be patriotic buh I ll suggest u kip ur emotions very far 4rm ur tv set”to avoid cardiac bomb”
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by graceng: 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Just like no one thought, with all the skills displayed by the Ethiopians, Nigerians still beat them,not just once but twice smiley so it's going to happen again,and again and again, that we wouldn't even know how we made it to the top

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by femolala1: 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
The fact that Nigeria is not playing well now does not make us underdog. Nigeria surprises the world when it is least expected. I am expecting a surprise on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by FineBro(m): 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
This game would be decided on penalty.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by onatisi(m): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
Emmysteve: And you are the worst thing in nigeria
God bless you for this answer ,dont mind that guy he is one of the curses living in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Gbenge77(m): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Trust me,Nigeria will not just BEAT but ANNIHILATE the ivoriens.No disrespect to CIV bu they will be CLINICALLY taken apart and TORN to shreds.Expect NERVE JANGLING action.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Engineer1985(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2013
@Gbosaa, if u were here, I would have bought u a bottle of pepsi for what u'ave just said. There's something special about this eagles! They've got a tight defence and have nt conceeded much goals. The bigest mistake the Ivorians wil make is to underate them which they hav startd doing already....lets keep our fingers crossd and watch wat wil happen on sunday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Mikel Obi's House In London And His Cars (photos) / Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.