Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,591 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 (131576 Views)

Burkina Faso Vs Togo - AFCON 2013 (1 - 0) On February 3rd 2013 / South Africa Vs Mali - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 3) On Penalties On 2nd February 2013 / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nellybii: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
X-factoria:

Story!!!!

The point is not that the Ivoriens are invincible. It is that "these our boys wey nor fit make 5 complete passes, wey no fit score Ethiopia in open play, wey nor fit hold on to a lead against a less fierce attacking side like Zambia and Burkina Faso, nor go fit score CIV".

How many chances do our players create per match? Whatever your answer, you should expect a lower figure against CIV.

No need to ask God for miracle. Instead ask that God help us avoid a disgrace.
I don't know which match you watched. I have clips of the Nigeria Ethiopia match and Nigeria made 27 uninterrupted passes on one occasion. Watch 17th - 18th minute. Kindly review these matches with open mind like a real analyst and you will see the eagles played the most difficult match against Ethiopia. Try to believe in your team. That was how we castigated Nigeria against Cape Verde. Now we know better that Cape Verde is no push over team. We want Nigeria to win but we should remember that it is not a matter of life and death. There is always another competition. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by dagr8(m): 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
My Prediction: Nigeria will lose against Ivory Coast...
bt if Nigeria wins...ehn!!!...I will swallow my word grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
Gabriel Reuben should be able to fill in for ogude in defensive midfield while Onazi and Nosa can operate deeper, in Mikel's absence.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by kennyfao(m): 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
Doing the same thing the same way and expecting different result is a typical definition of madness. Until the Super Eagle learn to do things the right way they will not go far. No hard feelings
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by nkemKalu: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
Jarus: Gabriel Reuben should be able to fill in for ogude in defensive midfield while Onazi and Nosa can operate deeper, in Mikel's absence.
MIKEL IS STILL VERY MUCH IN THE GAME GOING BY THE FEELERS FROM SOUTH AFRICA. ANYWAY, MAKE UNA NO FEAR....NIGERIA WILL WIN IVORY COAST ON SUNDAY.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by jendoslim(m): 3:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
we must beat the elephants oh or else..... i go unleashed all the.............. for una head
grin grin grin shocked
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by bennie1980(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
Sam Milla: For the first time in a very very long time, Nigeria is being regarded as the underdogs. This will be a big advantage for us if
1 - Ahmed Musa is sent home first thing tomorrow morning on Ethiopian airline via Adis Ababa.
2 - If keshi will learn to withdraw Fengor Ogude 10 minutes after collecting yellow card in second half.
3 - If Victor Moses starts from the left flank.
4 - If Ejike Uzoenyi starts from the right flank.

Ejike Uzoenyi should be the joker in the match. However my prefer list is:
Enyema
Omeruo
Oboboana
Elderson
Yobo---------- Play 2
Mikel
Igiebor
Ideye
Uzoenyi
Moses
Eminike
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by timbros(m): 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
Drogba to lift AFCON 2013!

Unfortunately SE is in his path and must suffer the consequence... sad
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by nep2ra(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2013
In the early hours of this morning, I had a dream the Super Eagles won the Ivorians by 2 goals. There was much celebration after the match and a group of players went to the a corner of the stadium were the Nigerians supporters were situated and began singing and dancing. The match was a very tough one. The Super Eagles fought very hard for the win. I don't know if this dream will come to pass.

That said, it's unlikely the Super Eagles will win the Elephants of Ivory Coast. If they want to win then they have to fight very hard from the beginning of the starting whistle to the end of the match.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by namdo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
nep2ra: In the early hours of this morning, I had a dream the Super Eagles won the Ivorians by 2 goals. There was much celebration after the match and a group of players went to the a corner of the stadium were the Nigerians supporters were situated and began singing and dancing. The match was a very tough one. The Super Eagles fought very hard for the win. I don't know if this dream will come to pass.

That said, it's unlikely the Super Eagles will win the Elephants of Ivory Coast. If they want to win then they have to fight very hard from the beginning of the starting whistle to the end of the match.
....and that's what i think SE will do. they will battle/fight for a win. If they do that and end up losing i will not castigate them.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by fxseven(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
If you think Eagles will just easily crumble before d Ivorians, then you are in for a big surprise. reason: The pressure will be more on them. Every one know they have more to prove. Don't forget that in d last AFCON, Elephants were better in every department of the game than The Copper bullets but it was the less fancied Zambians that won. lesson: let's not lose hope. If we are united in faith in support of Eagles, then we must surely triumph.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Ishocoolzone(m): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Handz crossed till sunday
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by FineBro(m): 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
Kolo getting high for the Eagles.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Abrantie: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
Lets be realistic. There's no way in hell this current Nigeria team can beat Ivory Coast or even hold them to a draw.

Before the tournament, I was optimistic about your team but now I know this team really sucks. Miracles do happen, and I hope one does happen with this match.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by RedLight1: 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2013
jazmartins:
Bleep anybody that do not believe in nigeria , is only a basterd that talk bad against is father house if you don't like nigeria fuckoff to the grave and reborn in hell, I don't giveup and I will never I support nigeria my country my father land I am winning the game even if I didn't win nigeria is still the best, to those assmuncher Bleep you all and die like a maggot.
gbammmm at the bolded part
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by RedLight1: 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
CFCfan:
Bros, Nigeria will play a World Cup qualifying match in March, June, September, and hopefully, November.
But I hope Nigeria goes all the way in this AFCON.

BTW, 11000 views is the number of views, not people that have viewed a thread. One person can view this thread 50 times. grin
i know... but the major tournament is 2014 ...and i know but people viewing it over again is also something
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by RedLight1: 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
Abrantie: Lets be realistic. There's no way in hell this current Nigeria team can beat Ivory Coast or even hold them to a draw.

Before the tournament, I was optimistic about your team but now I know this team really sucks. Miracles do happen, and I hope one does happen with this match.
no team in africa can defeat ivory coast rightnow based on statistics ...so ur opinion is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Steezz(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
jazmartins:
Bleep anybody that do not believe in nigeria , is only a basterd that talk bad against is father house if you don't like nigeria fuckoff to the grave and reborn in hell, I don't giveup and I will never I support nigeria my country my father land I am winning the game even if I didn't win nigeria is still the best, to those assmuncher Bleep you all and die like a maggot.
My man, u are 3 much...God bless u.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Steezz(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Abrantie: Lets be realistic. There's no way in hell this current Nigeria team can beat Ivory Coast or even hold them to a draw.

Hope 4 ur team 2 defeat Cape-verde first...u'v got a crap team 2.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by co2(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
I like this Nigeria going into this match as underdogs the Ivorians will play under a lot of pressure and I feel its an advantage 4 us. Its all a game of 90mins and 11 men. The ivorians are not as fantastic as U all make it seem watch their match against Togo. They struggled against Togo.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 02, 2013
CLT123:
Since 2008 Nigeria have been playing to their competition
so this game will be closer than people expect. Rarely is Nigeria blown out or blows out an opponent.

Look at the 2010 World Cup for example and 2013 AFCON. Close matches vs all our opponents no matter their skill level.

any sense in this at all?
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by bajosky: 5:33am On Feb 02, 2013
Its a goal for naija prrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip goes the final whistle what a narrow victory for the Super eagles who have showed up a good fight from the start of this match as underdog .hey have eventually dislodge the ivorrian by a 2-1 narrow defeat ,and will proceed with that same mentality to the final to lift their throphy home ,proving critics wrong.
In another development HOST south africa has been knocked out together with Ghana who suffered another surprise defeat. Stay posted for more update .....
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Ironi: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2013
Red-Light:
no team in africa can defeat ivory coast rightnow based on statistics ...so ur opinion is rubbish

Your argument is nonsense, Abrantie is talking about form and you are talking about statistics. Since winning a match is not dependant on statistics but form, your argument is baseless. Mixing apples and oranges, so to speak.

Statistically Ivory Coast Could have won 100's of matches against Nigeria in the past but if the current form of Nigeria is better than Ivory Coast, one could argue that the SE could probably win their match against IC.

As usual your trade mark knee-jerk response to threads.

How old are you, if I may ask? You come across as a kid pretending to be an adult.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by RSA(m): 9:26am On Feb 02, 2013
One of the many shocker of this Q finals,Nigeria will win this one,3-2.Score 0-1 to Ivory Coast at half time.With Nigeria equalizing before taking a lead and Ivorians leveling the score with five minutes to go.
Game go into extratime with Eagles taking a lead again in the first half of the ectra time,game end 3-2 to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Conquistador: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2013
Adexchelsea19: mak u face ur own load na anoda person own u con dey carry 4 head.mak una beat cape verde finish b4 una go con dey talk abt naija,wetin even concern u wit Nigeria sef?
olodo!u tink we're like u bunch of losers?crap
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Conquistador: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2013
Steezz: Hope 4 ur team 2 defeat Cape-verde first...u'v got a crap team 2.
wetin u dey smoke sef?abi na ogogoro don dey shark ur fragile,generator-fumes compromised brain,huh?naija be our wives!Ghana has always dominated!LOL
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by yanyan(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
nigeria is out cos i trust the ivorians we manage to get out of the group stage and now men will be seperated from boys
Ivory Coast 3 Nigeria 0..Keshi should be sack when he come home on sunday because is technically vacant!!!
Anybody that comment on my post satan will never depart from such person and his household.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Gboyee4fun(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
yanyan: nigeria is out cos i trust the ivorians we manage to get out of the group stage and now men will be seperated from boys
Ivory Coast 3 Nigeria 0..Keshi should be sack when he come home on sunday because is technically vacant!!!

I dont blame u, na ur name (yanyan) dey disturb u, mad doD! Can anyone in ur family do beta dan Keshi? Always connect ur cherebrum with ur oblangata b4 utterin any word, jackass.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by barikay: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bigo8291:

Don't forget we made it to the final that year by beating Nigeria.
with hw many goals? can u also beat d Nigerian Army?
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Lebee4(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Kindly shut up please.

Typical failure. You've already lost in your head before stepping into the pitch.

Stup.id.
why do we love deceiving oneself?
A guy that has not been doing well since 100level can never out shine the best student in the same class except by a miracle.
I pray and hope Nigeria wins but to be factual, Ivory Coast is the better side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (90) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Mikel Obi's House In London And His Cars (photos) / Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.