Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training (25470 Views)

Transport Staff Ask Buhari To Probe Dangote, Say He Is Underpaying For Labour / Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by emachine: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dangote just paid d first set of dangote graduate drivers a little sum of 30000 naira for d 3 months training. Most trainees resigned from their places of work for dis job because they felt dangote as a well multinational company would better their lives. This is to say dangote is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by 234GT(m): 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
Your source?
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by emachine: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
I am a participant dere
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
Could this be true? Someone could be in for damaged reputation.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by emachine: 4:31am On Jan 30, 2013
It is very true oh
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by 234GT(m): 5:36am On Jan 30, 2013
Then that is bad of Dangote. Why would the so called richest man in Africa pay graduates 30k/month? I remember people were saying the drivers would earn 200k/month. That was at the inception of the program. @poster, did you guys get any appointment letter? If yes, what was written on it concerning pay?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by emachine: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2013
Its 30k for d 3months training. D amount was not stated on d offer letter but it was stated we would be paid during d training.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by saphire12(f): 7:38am On Jan 30, 2013
Imagine!..nd d selfish creature just acquired a yatch (luxury)!!God help d us all..better luck I wish d participants
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by 234GT(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2013
emachine: Its 30k for d 3months training. D amount was not stated on d offer letter but it was stated we would be paid during d training.
Did they state your monthly pay after the training on the offer letter?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by obyrich(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2013
234GT: Then that is bad of Dangote. Why would the so called richest man in Africa pay graduates 30k/month? I remember people were saying the drivers would earn 200k/month. That was at the inception of the program. @poster, did you guys get any appointment letter? If yes, what was written on it concerning pay?
I think its worst than what you think. He was paid 30k for the months which means he earned 10k per month!Until we hear from other trainees, we'll then know if truly Dangote thinks so lowly of Nigerian graduates.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Why the rush to judge the man Op; this could be a kind of training allowance.

Were you expecting millions as your training allowance?

Let the man employ you guys first; we can then take it from there, kapish.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
30k? That įs not encouraging at all,
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by deenee: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
Feeding, accommodation and other auxillary expenses were covered during the training period. The trainees are yet to add any value to Dangote's company and yet you expect him to pay you wages not earned.

He has invested billions in the training academy and also increased the skill sets of the trainees.

I think it is unfair to label "Dangote" a wicked person. He is running a business and not a charity.
In as much as all basic expenses have been covered by him during the training period, why expect to be paid a wage when the participants are yet to add any value in "Naira and Kobo" terms

Just my two cents!

68 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by violent(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
I don't honestly understand your fury, you weren't forced to sign up for this programs and neither are you forced to stay on. If you feel you've got skills that can command better pay elsewhere, why not just resign your position and leave the dude alone with his business?

You had a contract which probably states what your compensation must be, if the amount paid wasn't inline with the terms of your contract, then you may have earned the right to call Dangote a scam, otherwise, you can do the rest of us a favor and stop spreading filth all over the place.

The fact that the dude is rich and you work as his driver should not mean he's got to give you all his money. He worked hard for his money, you should work hard for yours too.

In addition, this program has only commenced to help reduce the amount of jobless graduates in the country. Before the commencement of this program, Dangote's company fared quite well without having to hire graduates for those position, so unless you can tell us how you are able to add more value than someone less educated than you, in this role, then i don't honestly understand why Dangote must simply hand over 200k to you simply because you've got a bachelors or whatever degree. would you pay your Barber 10k per haircut if he told you he's got a PHD in mathematics?

62 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by emachine: 3:45am On Jan 31, 2013
@ deenee and violent, there is an adage that says" he who wears the shoe knows where it is paining him". Its not all about d feeding, accomodation and luxury expenses or having to work for dangote, 30k for 3 months. Dats too poor. I wish u r here to see wat is happening, then u will understand wat i am saying.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by violent(m): 6:47am On Jan 31, 2013
emachine: @ deenee and violent, there is an adage that says" he who wears the shoe knows where it is paining him". Its not all about d feeding, accomodation and luxury expenses or having to work for dangote, 30k for 3 months. Dats too poor. I wish u r here to see wat is happening, then u will understand wat i am saying.

Did you read the terms of your contract before signing up? Did you agree to those terms? Has Dangote violated any of those terms?

I am sure as hell your contract must have stated how much you will be entitled to at the end of your training, if you didn't like the terms of your contract, why did you sign up anyway, only to then complain halfway through? It doesn't make any sense to me!
Dangote tells you how much he can afford to pay you at the end of your training, he includes other benefits such as feeding accomodation and expenses, these were stated clearly in your terms of contract, you read through this terms, signed and accepted his offer.....at the end, you then call him a scam for not paying more than you both initially agreed on? Who is the scam here?

I understand things are difficult, it's the same for most people both business owners and employees. Business owners have to ensure they manage their margins very well otherwise they'd find themselves closing shops in no time. Dangote employs over 15,000 people, if he pays each of them jaw dropping amounts without due consideration for his company's revenue and profits, he'd most likely be on Jobberman next week, looking for a job!

23 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Fourcade(m): 9:38am On Jan 31, 2013
30k for 3 months training is too poor.But he shouldnt be labelled a Scam cause you haven't started any work yet.abi you were expecting the N200k grin
I believe some Nairalanders are also part of the program.
Frontpage pls!
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Scarpon(m): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
dangote is stingy
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by fittty(m): 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
ok
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by BlackPeni5: 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Did Dangote force anyone to resign his appointment to become a driver? If its easy, go and start your own business and pay yourself as much as you want.

Hate listening to all these self pity stories.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by ashson: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Atleas dangote has found job for many of the jobless graduates... rather than staying at home and finding troubles, thereby reducing some local violences.

its not easy to feed these people for 3months and pay for their accomodation and training. you better thank god for people like dangote.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by buchibabe: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hmmm righ from d very day d news of dis his struck driving stuff and graduates emerged,I smelled somthing fishy. Not all dt glitters is gold. Dat dangoted d richest man so far,employed youths doesn't mean dat millions will be flying into diff graduates abank accounts.
30k for 3 months....anyway maybe its just for a start sha. Let's wait n c how it goes.

But on a second tot,dey were some of d applicants dat may hv bn unemployed at d time dey applied for d job,dey may not complain o. To dem half is bread is better dan none
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by yuzedo: 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
You mean my daddy paid you that much and you are complaining??! undecided

Do you know what we pay our gardeners in our BANANA ISLAND MANSION and they are happy?!?!

Poor people are always so ungrateful!!! angry Anyway, i have a plan to correct that ok, let me call him now. Tell me, what is your name?! angry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by ashson: 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
Black Peni5: Did Dangote force anyone to resign his appointment to become a driver? If its easy, go and start your own business and pay yourself as much as you want.

Hate listening to all these self pity stories.
Thank you for telling them.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
#10,000 per month ? shocked
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by AjanleKoko: 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Why are black people so lazy sef angry
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Burger01(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Not all that glitters is gold.. How would Dangote be able to pay 200k/month if he is paying this pittance for training per diem? I remember back then I got 100k per diem with an NGO for just a four days training in all expenses paid 4 star hotel in Lagos.. I thought Dangote could do better.. and yet they say he is the richest man in africa.. He is going the way of the Pakis or Indies who could use workers like donkeys.. I beg make una think twice o...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by hayoakins(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
234GT: Then that is bad of Dangote. Why would the so called richest man in Africa pay graduates 30k/month? I remember people were saying the drivers would earn 200k/month. That was at the inception of the program. @poster, did you guys get any appointment letter? If yes, what was written on it concerning pay?

Read again bro.

OP wrote 30k for 3months and not 30k/month
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by abdulkayus(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
hmmm, na wa ooo. Bt to be sincere, d pay 30k for 3 months is poor. Although dey were provided wit accomodation and feedin bt make we look am nah. 30k for 3 months!!!
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Oluabayomi1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
It's too early to count blame on ds man(Dangote) coz he never force anybody in d first instance
emachine,dont just b bored wt negative comments but face d task ahead squarely if u so wish

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
You were housed and fed for d three months abi? So what again na? That is just the training allowance! If he had monetized ur feeding an accomodation, it'll have been more... When u start adding value to the company and he pays u peanut, you can start complaining...

BTW, if u were home doing nothing, just eating and sleeping n ur Popsy gave u 10k, no be to postrate de shout 'ese sir, ese Sir' undecided grin

20 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by bigx(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
@OP how many times do u get paid to be trained?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top5 Jobs That Pay More Than Medicine / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / Abj Law School Dress Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.