Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training (25494 Views)

Transport Staff Ask Buhari To Probe Dangote, Say He Is Underpaying For Labour / Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by dartsidius7(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
[size=14pt]If you are trained after receiving an offer letter, you are already a staff and deserve full pay, you can always refer to your letter if you have discrepancies. If you are being trained without receiving an offer letter, just consider it to be a form of screening. If you are finally selected, you get full pay, if not, you go back home to your drawing board. Maybe the money was meant for transportation. I known companies that pay peeps 20 grand just for attending the interview. If you dont have a letter of appointment, then i am sorry brof, Its not dangote's fault if he did not meet up to your financial expectations. I think we should wait till we hear whats on the offer letter before judging the man.[/size]
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by otokx(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
Money does not come easy.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by yzarmai(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
so whn will the nxt batch be goin? 30k.... Hmmm
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by biodunid: 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
NB Plc trains its new guys for one year and they get paid N5m for that year. They are accommodated etc all that while. An inlaw just resumed this month. Wetin be Dangote own problem? Na only him get ambition for this country? Bill Gates made several staff billionaires and dollar millionaires when Microsoft went public years back. Na so genuine bigmen dey do. Even MKO created many millionaires in this country and their testimonies are still there. Make Dangote go siddon for one side joor. No wonder Bill Gates dey come eradicate polio from him Kano door mouth while him dey do Ijebu all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
1forall:

Thanks guys for the above comments. Our country is in such a sorry state that we have been generally made to give mighty thanks for crumbs. Now, thinking of the future, when the people don't agree (or are ignorant) that there's a problem, how possible would it be to find a solution? Shey we see that we have a looooong way to go?
This is also my greatest fear. If educated graduates can actually defend Dangote's exploitative and abusive employment scheme, then I feel sorry for Nigeria's situation. Poor quality of education and poverty has really caused almost irreparable loss to the self-worth of many graduates.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Hassan11: 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ Op So u received #30000 allowance with feeding and accomodation for 3 month's training and u are till complaining? Abeg send recharge card to boys.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
These guys passed d screening b4 d training. Let's call a spade a spade. 30K is too poor for 3 months even wit feeding and acco taken care of. He demanded 4 graduates and shld treat them as such. Even corpers are nt paid 10k at orientation camp. No bank pays anything less than 60K per month during training. Am nt saying he must pay 4 bank, bt 10k per month is too poor. I hope they gave d participants a certificate 4 d training.

For all d participants, start getting ur mind conditioned cos d pay package might nt be so gud. If its bad, drop d offer like hot pan and zap. Even God is gud pays their bus drivers well talk more of dangote. U might still use d knowledge in future cos no knowledge is a waste.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by jeronimo(m): 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
The mistake many people make is they think rich people throw money away. Dangote is the richest businessman in Africa, so what? How do you think he got there? I'll list the answers: hardwork, Shrewdness, craftiness, a bit of dirty hands,and a lot of sacrifice. That is what it takes to be a successful businessman in a terrain as rugged as Nigeria. You don't expect him to be paying drivers like oil workers because he's rich,otherwise his business would ve crumbled a long time ago. Take a look at any successful businessman around you,they are usually very tight-fisted when it comes to spending money especially in paying their staff right except they want to show off or have a specific motive. So poster don't blame him, work your way to being a successful businessman.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by erico2k2(m): 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
jeronimo: The mistake many people make is they think rich people throw money away. Dangote is the richest businessman in Africa, so what? How do you think he got there? I'll list the answers: hardwork, Shrewdness, craftiness, a bit of dirty hands,and a lot of sacrifice. That is what it takes to be a successful businessman in a terrain as rugged as Nigeria. You don't expect him to be paying drivers like oil workers because he's rich,otherwise his business would ve crumbled a long time ago. Take a look at any successful businessman around you,they are usually very tight-fisted when it comes to spending money especially in paying their staff right except they want to show off or have a specific motive. So poster don't blame him, work your way to being a successful businessman.
You guys shouting 30K too small, you wait, you dont even know if you are going to get an appointment letter yet
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by newmaonza: 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
emachine: Dangote just paid d first set of dangote graduate drivers a little sum of 30000 naira for d 3 months training. Most trainees resigned from their places of work for dis job because they felt dangote as a well multinational company would better their lives. This is to say dangote is a scam.
INGRATITUDE........... If those Indian HR of his advertise this Job in Mumbai and they are given this for just training they would be glorifying Buddha by now.............. He gave frustrated graduates a chance to feed their stomachs and some1 is ranting here.If itz little for any one, Please dust your certificate and go back to the street, Your luck might just shine somewhere else may be an OIl company
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by jpphilips(m): 2:56am On Feb 01, 2013
cold:
What nonsense are you spewing?What exactly is wrong with paying N200,000 for driving trucks considering all the hazards that go with it?Besides,without the truck drivers how would the products be distributed to where they are needed,especially in a country where road transport is the major form of travel.If Dangote can pay that much I have no qualms with it.Stop being so insensitive

An undergraduate on rampage, not to worry, reality awaits you in the labor mkt. "see you at the top"
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 01, 2013
jp philips:

An undergraduate on rampage, not to worry, reality awaits you in the labor mkt. "see you at the top"
Comments like this drive my point stronger. High unemployment and poor state of our graduates like this poster has caused serious erosion and degradation of our self-worth. Thus graduates now beg for crumbs in the labour market, and to make matters worse, they think that is all they deserve. Smh.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by beauty4(f): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2013
This is rather pathetic. At least he tried with the graduate engineering trainees. i think he went too far by gathering such population when he knows he ccan't cope with them. its cos of our economy situation he is doing this.
if i must tell you from the graduate engineers i know there, they were taken care of during taining than now that they re staff so if u re paid that during training, mheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, i wonder what ur package as a staff will be.

Anyway, Na naija cause am sha. na only the rich dey get richer
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Majoo: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2013
Aliko Dangote internally charm with Indian tally if not having 89 GM as indians and Only 1 GM Nigerian what Indians doing. Was just bringing their people without adequate paper but Nigerian Graduates laying fallow.
*Ileke-IdI:
#10,000 per month ? shocked
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by deenee: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2013
Looks like Dangote has opened a floodgate with his graduate drivers scheme.

Well certain issues still prevail. Our graduates need to understand that they can't compete with international standards. I don't mean to take the piss at anybody but this is the truth. A cursory look at the responses, language and undertone of replies herein attest to this.

This said, Dangote owes nobody nothing, the fact that he has made his billions merchandising essential commodities is no guarantee that he owes everyone that has consumed his product a gratitude. After all, he is not the only one in the FMCG sector.

As per the training, he provided accommodation for three months, feeding and other sundry expenses and still paid people 30k per month and not 10k as the poster posited taking a gamble of people that have not added any value to the growth of his business. Yet people are asking for his head. If you are not comfortable with this, there is still plenty of space for anybody who is ready to bear the risk of entrepreneurship. All you need do is identify a need, target a market, create a niche around the two and just maybe you could follow in the footsteps of dangote...#QED#

I recall that GTB in those days will only give you 40k per month for a training duration of four intensive months. No feeding, nothing and if you don't meet the pass mark, you are shown the door. I understand that this is still the standard practice and many other banks are following this pattern.

Maybe this will allow our graduates to wake up and be more serious and stop thinking that they can walk on water and should be paid an arm and leg just because they have a degree or MSc

The is a big difference between being educated and having and education

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by jideflash(m): 11:10am On Feb 01, 2013
LMAO cheesy grin

yuzedo: You mean my daddy paid you that much and you are complaining??! undecided

Do you know what we pay our gardeners in our BANANA ISLAND MANSION and they are happy?!?!

Poor people are always so ungrateful!!! angry Anyway, i have a plan to correct that ok, let me call him now. Tell me, what is your name?! angry
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by arabbunkum: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2013
Guys, i feel the presence of some people who were hired by Dangote to do a hatchet job on this issue. Their aim is to do a damage control on the image of the company.
The best you can do is to ignore their shallow and myopic views.
Thanks.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by babaireti(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
violent:
I don't honestly understand your fury, you weren't forced to sign up for this programs and neither are you forced to stay on. If you feel you've got skills that can command better pay elsewhere, why not just resign your position and leave the dude alone with his business?

You had a contract which probably states what your compensation must be, if the amount paid wasn't inline with the terms of your contract, then you may have earned the right to call Dangote a scam, otherwise, you can do the rest of us a favor and stop spreading filth all over the place.

The fact that the dude is rich and you work as his driver should not mean he's got to give you all his money. He worked hard for his money, you should work hard for yours too.

In addition, this program has only commenced to help reduce the amount of jobless graduates in the country. Before the commencement of this program, Dangote's company fared quite well without having to hire graduates for those position, so unless you can tell us how you are able to add more value than someone less educated than you, in this role, then i don't honestly understand why Dangote must simply hand over 200k to you simply because you've got a bachelors or whatever degree. would you pay your Barber 10k per haircut if he told you he's got a PHD in mathematics?

You sound so indifferent to the plight of those concerned ,and from the look of things ,you also posses the tendencies to exploit your workers/subordinates while trying to amaze wealth for your own personal greed and progression ,all to the detriments of the less privileged ones.
Any one that took the pains with the attendant costs to go through Nigerian educational system, deserves more than that, and desperation on their part should not make them fall victim of this arrant exploitations.
Dangote could still do more if only he is genuinely empathic,and pious.

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
please blame dangote ,i made so contributions earlier on this issue that dangote is just trying to exploits these guys
Many of them criticise me that i dont know what i am doing and i should shut up.Nigeria Business men are mostly exploiters,
if you think critical and understand what makes them ahead of others ,you will know that is fraud is in place.only few are
from God.The law of wealth generation as far as the almighty is concern is not to exploit your fellow human being rather to
create opportunities for them.Nigerians refuse to learn i.e what a govt cannot give you not body in country can give you.
Dangote himself how does he made is money is not through monopoly and exploitenation of nigerian e.g not payts of salaries and if at all
megre remuneration.Check the richest men in europe ,US and other developed countries is through knowledge ,wisdom and understanding but
in africa today especially nigeria our own richest people made it through wicked means .People must understand we need good govt to leverage on
not richest people because the likes of dangote and co are govt officers errand boys ,compare other richest man like bill gate and investigate
how they make their money.People should learn that with good govt we cannot move forward and if there is a good govt many peole we hate to work for
the likes of dangote check this out
Thank You
Taiwo
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by erico2k2(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
How about if he just trained tehm, pays them 20K at the end and give them certificate of complition and asked them to go to the labour market to look for their own Jobs, what will all yah ranting here say?If I can remmeber, people pay money to get trained not paid to be trained, so them guys should be greatful, its a win win situation, lest we 4get, this was meant to be for the fresh graduates, people who dont have a JOB
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by jpphilips(m): 6:07am On Feb 03, 2013
x-fire:

Comments like this drive my point stronger. High unemployment and poor state of our graduates like this poster has caused serious erosion and degradation of our self-worth. Thus graduates now beg for crumbs in the labour market, and to make matters worse, they think that is all they deserve. Smh.

You seriously think you have a point huh!! right, after making your point, reality remains what it is,
except your father reserved a workshop for you at Mgbuka-obosi, after memorizing text books in those ware houses you call school, you will understand what 46% unemployment rate means.s
Graduates from yale colleges are looking for jobs and a "charge and bail" Nigerian graduate is making mouth.
i will understand if you tell me it is not your portion though because your pastor has decreed lol
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by armadeo(m): 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
Raymondenyi:
My broda where did u do ur housejob n youth serv. B4 u start earning dat kinda jumbo pay? I did mine n I didn't earn d figures u re claiming, I beg pass across d ryt message b4 prime people 2 start carrying out extortionist acts on Docs.
N also Docs re not known 2b loud mouted like U, If u truely re a Doc(I doubt), I suggest U go pray 2 Hippocrates 4 forgiveness n change ur ways.

Even his written english is horrible. Docs don't go around shouting their earnings though I did housejob long ago I know HO'S who just finished and they don't earn that amount.
Ps NYSC+ pry assignment will never pay a corper 190k.
Liar.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by armadeo(m): 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
jp philips:

You seriously think you have a point huh!! right, after making your point, reality remains what it is,
except your father reserved a workshop for you at Mgbuka-obosi, after memorizing text books in those ware houses you call school, you will understand what 46% unemployment rate means.s
Graduates from yale colleges are looking for jobs and a "charge and bail" Nigerian graduate is making mouth.
i will understand if you tell me it is not your portion though because your pastor has decreed lol

Lol. You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by chairmanyaki: 10:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
From close quaters dangote in person means well for successful graduates that enrolled for the training program.However, the constituted decision maker in the group came up. With the figure of 30k. Its gross mans injustice to man. It takes outright courage and humility for a graduate to subscribe for a truck driving training under a multinational like dangote gp reputed for paying her illetrate truck drivers one of the list pay in haulage industry in nigeria. FRSC statistics has it that 5 truck drivers die every day in road traffic accidents and you have young graduate come for training for 3month, all you do is pay them peanuts. One wonders what attitudinal change dangote gp intends to instill in these prospective truck drivers. Training is wholistic. You don't build "knowledege matter while ignoring pocket matter in naija" that is far from knowledege economy. Stake holders in dangote group should ensure that a bumper package in terms of remuneration is p aid 2 these driver. Remenber man is first an emotional being b4 being a rational one
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by BAKAREAAT(m): 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
I have said this before in my previous post and so i am not suprise about what is happening
thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Felix Usikhifo Recognized By American Embassy In Lagos. Photos / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / Top5 Jobs That Pay More Than Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.