Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training (25493 Views)

Transport Staff Ask Buhari To Probe Dangote, Say He Is Underpaying For Labour / Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by LemonBoy1: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
Chairman, tell us hw much was stated as ur salary in d appointment letter
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by tonte(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
He even paid u training allowance u no happy, he hasn't formally employed u has he,because I think the training is to weed off some people before handing appointment letters,all trainees eat for free and are better drivers when they leave the drivers academy...or u were expecting to become a billionaire after 3 months at a billionaire's driver training school? Why would graduates even apply for a drivers job and expect a perm sects salary?
When I say Nigerian graduates don't really know their value I get bashed from every angle

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by ajailer(m): 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Advert space for rent
Dangote group of coy most prefferably
Price slashed to 30k
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
abdulkayus: hmmm, na wa ooo. Bt to be sincere, d pay 30k for 3 months is poor. Although dey were provided wit accomodation and feedin bt make we look am nah. 30k for 3 months!!!
grin
grin
Na true sha...but dem never do any money bringing job for am na! undecided
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
deenee: Feeding, accommodation and other auxillary expenses were covered during the training period. The trainees are yet to add any value to Daongote's company and yet you expect him to pay you wages not earned.

He has invested billions in the training academy and also increased the skill sets of the trainees.

I think it is unfair to label "Dangote" a wicked person. He is running a business and not a charity.
In as much as all basic expenses have been covered by him during the training period, why expect to be paid a wage when the participants are yet to add any value in "Naira and Kobo" terms

Just my two cents!
Funny comments like this surprise me! Is training not part of the job? Is Dangote the only company that trains? All responsible organization trains their personnels. The fact that you are being fed and trained should not be a basis for depriving you of your entitlements. Paying peanuts for training is absolute exploitative capitalism.
I am shocked that many Nairalanders are accusing the new employees of not reading the terms of agreement. I'm sure many of them are oblivious of the situation in the labour market. The fact that the unemployment is high in Nigeria should not give Alhaji Dangote the opportunity to be exploitative. That's sheer insensitivity.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
Slavery on your father,lands, you better start something for yourself
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by didisky(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
deenee: Feeding, accommodation and other auxillary expenses were covered during the training period. The trainees are yet to add any value to Daongote's company and yet you expect him to pay you wages not earned.

He has invested billions in the training academy and also increased the skill sets of the trainees.

I think it is unfair to label "Dangote" a wicked person. He is running a business and not a charity.
In as much as all basic expenses have been covered by him during the training period, why expect to be paid a wage when the participants are yet to add any value in "Naira and Kobo" terms

Just my two cents!

You are point.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by mukoloAndy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
[/quote]
emachine: I am a participant dere
[quote]

But u'v not even started working... D 30k was jus for d training programme.

But if u feel d 30k is an unworthy pay, kindly sendit bak to him. grin #no hard feelings
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by jisdson(m): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
is the traiming still open to the public and if yes how do we apply
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by olujegs(m): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
x-fire:

Funny comments like this surprise me! Is training not part of the job? Is Dangote the only company that trains? All responsible organization trains their personnels. The fact that you are being fed and trained should not be a basis for depriving you of your entitlements. Paying peanuts for training is absolute exploitative capitalism.
I am shocked that many Nairalanders are accusing the new employees of not reading the terms of agreement. I'm sure many of them are oblivious of the situation in the labour market. The fact that the unemployment is high in Nigeria should not give Alhaji Dangote the opportunity to be exploitative. That's sheer insensitivity.

Definitly not, training is not part of the job unless you are being told it is on the job training, if u are accomodatedm, well fed and added values (in terms of trainind you to better drivers) then you are being paid N10,000 then i feel you should be thankfull instead of labelling his deeds as absolute exploitative capitalism. He is running a business and expects to make more money when the new drivers start working, thereafter you can start complaining or better stil resign and look for the chevron and co if you feel dangote is not trying, as at today the man is the best employer of labour in nigeria (even if it is N5000 per month ) some1 out there gets to wake up everyday and say he is off to work, if u think otherwise go and ask the unemployed ones out there.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Xavier1976(m): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
Go and ask those that have worked with Dangote, he doesn't pay that well so why do you guys dream of something different? Guess reality is dawning on us, I dont work for Dangote but i have friends who did and resigned.Dont compain yet, wait till you see your salary then you can judge appropriately.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by akatonero(m): 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
Too bad! Too bad!! Too bad!!!
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by ethicalUser(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2013

Just my two cents!
And u think that's enough for the five years spent for aquiring degree and a year and six months for Msc. Well I don't blame him I blame does who don't know the value of what they studied in school and opted for a TRUCK DRIVER in a company what do u expect?
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Black Peni5: Hate listening to all these self pity stories.
me too, very typical of nigerians!

AjanleKoko:
Why are black people so lazy sef
very lazy! Can you imagine they're even expecting 200,000 for driving truck. Wtf! So what should bankers, nurses and doctors be getting?
Most people will just resign their various jobs to drive dangote trucks. I will even abuse him for paying such.

@op; when you start driving the truck and dangote manages to pay you minimum wage of 18,000, praise your God. 200k ko, 2million ni! You are looking for mugu employer. Warbish
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Burger01(m): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
olujegs:

Definitly not, training is not part of the job unless you are being told it is on the job training, if u are accomodatedm, well fed and added values (in terms of trainind you to better drivers) then you are being paid N10,000 then i feel you should be thankfull instead of labelling his deeds as absolute exploitative capitalism. He is running a business and expects to make more money when the new drivers start working, thereafter you can start complaining or better stil resign and look for the chevron and co if you feel dangote is not trying, as at today the man is the best employer of labour in nigeria (even if it is N5000 per month ) some1 out there gets to wake up everyday and say he is off to work, if u think otherwise go and ask the unemployed ones out there.
Training is not part of the job...how do you mean?
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by blackbeau1(f): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
poverty is a crime.wallahi.if it wasn't for poverty,most of this people wouldnt have been taken for granted by Dangote
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by gerald09(m): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Please where did you get this information. From or Nairaland don turn cheap gossip web post?. From the beginning most nigeria wants this dangote job tingy to be a bust. Please get enough info b4 spreading second hand info.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by ezedolar: 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
One of them should come and be my driver I will pay 50k
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Una forget say Driver na Driver. Just forget the Graduate aspect, it doesn't make any difference.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by frond: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
emachine: I am a participant dere

Don't you have contract of employment with all your entitlements indicated in it? If not, what a country! However as a graduate you should know your rights better. You should ask for one or inquired orally. If yes, why complain now.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by wasiudvd(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Poeverty has finish this country! So some pple can actually say it is justifiable for a graduate to be paid 30K for 3 months training?
It has always be the role of organisations to train employee. Or why do u think year(s) of experience is sometimes require in certain job advert? Y do comapnies usually tag recruitment of fresh graduate "trainee"?
Or you pple want the gradoutes to pay Dangote group of company for the training?
In every organised society/organisation dia is always a standard.so this is the standard for graduates in Dangote group of company!
As far as u r employed by a company, u r entittled to ur full salary package as stated in d offer letter either u r on training of not, except if the letter says otherwise.
Na only me knw how much I collected from my employer in as training allowance for 1 month in 2008, as an ND holder sef. Mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
olujegs:

Nah, training is part of the job, be it on-the-job or in-class training. Every organization has different training package for its employees. Many coys organize scheduled class training for new employees and still pay them their entitled salary.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Burger01(m): 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
speedyboi:

very lazy! Can you imagine they're even expecting 200,000 for driving truck. Wtf! So what should bankers, nurses and doctors be getting?
Most people will just resign their various jobs to drive dangote trucks. I will even abuse him for paying such.

@op; when you start driving the truck and dangote manages to pay you minimum wage of 18,000, praise your God. 200k ko, 2million ni! You are looking for mugu employer. Warbish
18k for a graduate shocked So, if na you you go dey happy? Don't you guys know that driving is even risky..lives are involved here and I bet their is no form of life insurance with this job.. Slavery..
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by vislabraye(m): 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
@poster: There's nothing to lament about since you didn't spend a dime on transportation and feeding. With the training, you've added value to yourself.
If you think you can leave, you should do so. I think the salary would be more.
Some of u in NL who kept saying the would be paid 200k for a start made me laugh.
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by LemonBoy1: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
U r being trained on hw to drive a truck (nt a helicopter, plane, ship oh), fed nd accomodated (wit security oh), provided wit comfort materials (testimonies of participants when d training began) and paid 30k afta d training (3mnths) nd u r complaing its 2 small? As a truck driver (graduate) ? Hw much wil pipo trained to fly plane, navigate ships or even submarine b paid sf? I guess Dangote would av js gav u his new yatch, may dat'l b appropraite to U

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by Burger01(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
x-fire:

Nah, training is part of the job, be it on-the-job or in-class training. Every organization has different training package for its employees. Many coys organize scheduled class training for new employees and still pay them their entitled salary.
Don't mind him...he is the type that can work in a factory with all forms of dehumanizing working conditions..
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by uceee(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
@OP and his fellow complainers, abeg shut up joor. Shey u went to school? Did your uni feed u, accomodate you, and pay u afterwards for coming to learn? Dangote's company has fed and housed you for 3 months in addition to teaching you very useful skills. They come even add 30k on top everything plus a job guarantee. When he knows fully well that you can just walk away with the 30k and the skills gained to go and work for another company. Which company does that? But I guess people must always be ungrateful. He could have had you take care of yourselves and then pay him for the training. Plenty of people would still have come for the programme.....SMH

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by olujegs(m): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
Burger01:
Training is not part of the job...how do you mean?

When you are being trained for a particular job, they expect you to be imparted with the modus operanda of what would be expected of you if you are finally chosen as a staff. You are not addressed yet as a staff of the organisation until you have been given your letter of employment and ID card, at this stage you are just told what to would be expected of you as a staff. But if it is on the job training you are now actually carry out your job as a staff and in the process taught what your job entails.examples of on the job training are: politicians, footballers, agberos, students on IT, first time nursing mothers, etc, while students (hoping to become professionals eg doctors, engineers, lawyers)etc receive trainings but not yet staff of any organisation. The drivers receiving training here are aspiring to become dangote's staff

1 Like

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by LemonBoy1: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
4 all those arguing dat trainning is part of d job, in ds case, i think U guys r wrong. A trainee was nt guaranteed of employment: u cn google d advert again to comfirm
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by cold(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
speedyboi:

What nonsense are you spewing?What exactly is wrong with paying N200,000 for driving trucks considering all the hazards that go with it?Besides,without the truck drivers how would the products be distributed to where they are needed,especially in a country where road transport is the major form of travel.If Dangote can pay that much I have no qualms with it.Stop being so insensitive
Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by abeldav(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
emachine: Dangote just paid d first set of dangote graduate drivers a little sum of 30000 naira for d 3 months training. Most trainees resigned from their places of work for dis job because they felt dangote as a well multinational company would better their lives. This is to say dangote is a scam.

Dangote...? to change your life It's not impossible but it doesn't happen in one night of one day... Though you could be a graduate, he knows u to be one of his drivers,finish sad

Re: Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training by theripper2: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
When Nigeria Breweries dey pay 100k, even Stanbic sef na like 50k..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / Felix Usikhifo Recognized By American Embassy In Lagos. Photos / Top5 Jobs That Pay More Than Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.