Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,860 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

My Final Official Goodbyes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Final Official Goodbyes (14048 Views)

Is This How We Say Our Goodbyes?-hettymoore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Go Down)

My Final Official Goodbyes by Sweetlemon(f): 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hello everyone!

After doing some serious thinking, I have deceided to say my final goodbyes now.
I remember when I used to be just a guest on NL. That started around 2006/7. I registered around 2010/2011 but remained quiet until sometime last year when a thread debasing beautiful women was raised. Before then, I used to just come around to laught at funny posts and to learn from people's personal stories.
Then I started creating my own threads and flowing along with Nlers.... Until I started noticing the political atmosphere here.
With tears in my eyes I right the remaining part of this post
I never believed how possible it was for on-line comments from faceless people to pierce so deep in your heart. I never thought it was possible to see so much injustice on-line and even be affected by it. Until recently.
As someone said, NL has become a community of people, ALL kinds of people. To be frank my 'haters' are not so much. If you checked my recent threads, you will see that they are just about 15 of them or so. But the make the loudest noise. They are so brutal in their desire to bring me down that it's like they are over 1500000000 of them. But generally, my main reason for taking a bow out of here is because I can no longer continue being part of a community where people prefer to here sad stories than happy stories. A community where people do and say all kinds of nasty things to their 'threats' so that they can keep their own relevance here.
They claim that I say too much about my man, did I ever mention his name? His profession? What he does for me? Our quarrels? Our private dreams? Apart from him being attractive and well to do, and loving, what else do you know about him? What else have I mentioned about him that is too much information? Apart from him telling me he wants to buy a bed, me spending a weekend with him, and him telling me he wants to ask my father if he can buy the bed what other information do you know about our relationship?
Vivian chinaza came here some weeks ago to tell us a story about how she fell in love with a friend. Nobody accused her of saying too much. Why? Becauses mine is a happy story? Because mine is attractive, loving, and finacially stable? Do you know the funny thing? That vivian chinaza and some other people who have gisted us fully about their relationships in the past are the same ones accusing me of bringing my relationship to NL. Can you see what I'm talking about?
Every other day, people come in here to talk about their relationships, giving far much much much more info than I ever gave. They even talk about how they have sex with their partners! I remember so painfully a lady who started a thread a day before or after my own thread. Talking about how she's in a lesbian relationship with her own sister-in-law and another who said she was thinking of having a party with her hubby and another girl. Their threads did not get a third of the bashing mine got. Why? Because mine was a happy story??
Seun, I have learned a lot from NL. So much! So many people have impacted a lot in me and given great advice that I will forever be grateful for but you need to meet with your mods and brainstorm with them on how to attract and keep more mature minds as active members on NL. I'm not the first give you this advice. Please don't just overlook it and see it as words from rejects and loosers on Nl.
I salute your courage and intelligence in creating a forum where anything can be discussed. It's very exemplary of you and I believe that you can make NL a much more greater place than it is today. Big companies today remain where they are because they keep working and striving towards achieving more.
Please get rid of the unhealthy politics that has started eating deep here.
I have given you this advice like a sister and God knows that.
Thanks and goodbye!

15 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by ifyalways(f): 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
I'm noticing this username for the very first time.
Goodbye and see you around with another username.

Just patronizing you btw,it would be super mean if this thread remained comment-less,not after that your long epistle.
Cheers smiley

11 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by ITbomb(m): 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
We will miss you
*sobs*
I learnt about e-bullying in your threads
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by nikkyshyne(f): 1:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
C'mon babe. You don't need this. You made the romance section interesting with your threads. I must also commend your brave posts. You are one tough woman. Tough people last you know.

I will miss you.

4 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by jaymichael(m): 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
A yoruba musician once sang "oja oyingbo o mo pe enikan o wa o" TRANSLATES:- "oyingbo market does not notice the absence of just one individual"

6 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by dopeJemi: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
ur probLem z dat u r 2 soft and emotionaL

U shudnt Let things like dis get 2 u, like u said, its a faceLess forum, so u shudnt give a phuck abt wah peopLe say... 190 z a perfect exampLe, he never gives a phuck, nobody carries ur issue outside nL, no matter hau annoying dey may sound or be, u just av 2 be strong and look at dem as talking potatoes and just laff it off

Oh! SweetLemon... Don't go
embarassed

[img]http://1.bp..com/-k0hG5dZiqnw/T75aeopTlNI/AAAAAAAAFtY/7OA3E-cfYF4/s200/sad.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Adufaye(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
dats ur calin oh,ur ministry is movin 2 wer it shuld go
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Attention seeking at it's finest. . .

You are not the first to type lengthy goodbyes and still come back after 2 weeks, and you won't be the last.

If you wanted to leave, why didn't you just quietly go? The day you joined did you write an epistle?

This comment of mine will be here to bear witness that you did not go. It will be here the day you return.

Smdh.

22 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Caracta(f): 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
What's wrong with this girl? It's just an e-thing. You are not the first and you won't be the last. Well, they win. What a shame. You take nairaland serious sha. Chei! No go commit suicide o. We love you too. Chop am kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by tpia5: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
If every one of the 1 million [or 3700] nlers types up a goodbye thread, that will use up too many megabytes of space nah.

Make una pity seun small abi?

Does the site need a goodbye section or thread so anyone who wants to say it, can just post there?

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
Haba sweetlemon! U don't take everything said on a faceless forum to heart esp things like this. Anyways bye! Safe journey undecided

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by tpia5: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
Anyway, let me also use this forum to say goodbye.

No more nl from this moment on.

Bye everybody, its been nice meeting you all, to all my enemies, sorry to deprive you of your reason for existing but you can always find another.

To those who could care less or dont know me from adam, thanks for your unconcern.

Bye everyone.

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by greedie1(f): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
tpia@:
Anyway, let me also use this forum to say goodbye.

No more nl from this moment on.

Bye everybody, its been nice meeting you all, to all my enemies, sorry to deprive you of your reason for existing but you can always find another.

To those who could care less or dont know me from adam, thanks for your unconcern.

Bye everyone.

nice meeting u too... farewell smiley

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Caracta(f): 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Bye everyone. I'm angry too. And pls don't beg me. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by greedie1(f): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
Caracta: Bye everyone. I'm angry too. And pls don't beg me. Thank you.

caracta pls don't sad sad sad... if u leave, i ll leave too angry

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
Me too! angry
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Oahray: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
sexkillz: Attention seeking at it's finest. . .

You are not the first to type lengthy goodbyes and still come back after 2 weeks, and you won't be the last.

If you wanted to leave, why didn't you just quietly go? The day you joined did you write an epistle?

This comment of mine will be here to bear witness that you did not go. It will be here the day you return.

Smdh.

kai, sexkillz you are not nice at all grin

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Mynd44: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
Bye bye.

What were you expecting? That people will beg you to stay? You are not going, you are just playing the victim.

And why are you always crying sef? You get water for eye well well ooo. Abeg pass am through pipe to Somalia

4 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by chronique(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
OMG! What is this? Sweetlemon,what is this? Why're you crying over something so trivial? Babe,I need to talk to you asap. My instincts tell me that you're capable of hurting yourself badly if something so trivial can break you down. I'm willing to volunteer myself as a psycologist to you & help you get over your problems if you dont mind. If NL can break you,then you'd probably commit suicide if you experience 5% of the problems & battles I've faced in life. Listen dear,"quitters don't win & winners don't quit". Life is all about survival of the fittest. If you doubt me,learn how to start watching animal documentaries & you'll learn a thing or two from them. The most important part of your body is your "mind". That is where your life is in,that is what controls you,that is what gives you a reason to live. The moment your mind is defeated,you're as good as dead. A mad man is called mad,& can't control himself because he has lost control of the battle of the mind. You're defeated not cos of what people say to you or what you've heard;no! You're defeated when you let the things you hear get into,and take control over you thereby,conditioning you to respond & behave to the things you've heard. The moment you allow people get into your mind,you're finished! You've got fight back & take possession of your mind. It's very important. Forget about NL;you'll need it in your day to day life,in your marital life,in your work place,etc. No matter how loving a guy is,marriage doesn't promise you bed of roses. Does it mean when you start having issues with your man,you'll resort to tears all the time? If you do that,you'll end up being miserable & suicide might start getting into your thoughts. Let me let you into one secret. Learn to use your enemy/opponents strength against him or her. That's a very important way to taking control of your mind. That's one of the tricks in martial arts. Use your enemy's strength(not your's) against them.
Take for example,I'm someone with a bad mouth & I diss badly & you know you can't stand me,what you should do anytime I come @ you is,you diffuse my jabs stylishly & turn it into a joke. You can accept it and even say you learnt it from me,packaging it in a funny & humourous manner. After about three or four attempts,you might get me to relax a bit & before you know anything,we've started cracking jokes. That way,you've used my strength(bad jabs) against me by turning everything into a joke. That way,I'll become even more friendly with you next time & might excuse your excesses. But when you decide to heat fire for fire & you know you're not so good @ it,I'll be feasting on your anger,your emotions & minds because,from every word you drop,I can read the state of your mind,and will pick out my next jab against you from the things you've said. It will frustrate you & make you lose your mind. You'll get to a point where you'll start talking crap & I'll be having a good laugh @ you. If there's anything in your body you should protect carefully,it's your mind.

Let me tell you about my growing up. I grew up in the old Bendel state(now Edo & Delta) & by default,we're not too nice with our mouths(people from that region). I was very skinny then & my mates used to call me bag of bones. They teased me about how lion chased me & when it caught up with me,it touched my body,hissed & said: "so so bone,no flesh",and walked away. They called me oliver twist & many other names. I was smart & intelligent & always used my brains. I devised a way to lesson their jabs & anytime I'm called such names,I'd reply with "heyy,na me be dat". I even started calling myself funny names to make them laugh. I neutralised all jabs @ me with humour until people stopped finding them funny. But then,I studied people,was able to read their minds(even though I didn't know that's what I was doing then) & hit them with the most sensitive issues facing them. I started dissing peopke to the point where they'll get pained & turn it into fight. Those older than me would beat me up & despite that,I'd still yab them till their mates start making fun of them. I did not allow what they were saying to get to me but they allowed my words eat into them & I feasted on their energy. That's a battle I won with my mind. You're not the only one who has been dissed here for opening threads that dont make sense or seeking attention. Onila has been dealt with too but then,she's still here & she's cool with a lot of people who have dissed her. And she's much younger than you. My dear,psyche yourself up,get rugged & be strong. Don't concede defeat. You'll get to love your "percieved enemies" soon. You need to work on yourself cos you don't really know how to express yourself,and you're quick to misinterprete people. I used to dislike Idowuogbo @ a point until I decided to study her. The young lady's just having fun with her razzness here. Today,I think she's one of the few people I look out for on this site. I know you see her as your numero uno foe here. My dear,I done tire to type. Like play-like play,you done turn me to dailynews. Remember: "YOUR MIND".

11 Likes

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
jeez man, what's with all these epistles?

1 Like

Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Smartiegurl(f): 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
Omg! Did she take that too serious? Oh my Sweetlemon, i wil miss you. Dnt worry i wil trash ID 4 U.
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Caracta(f): 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
See epistle! Keep them coming pls
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Acidosis(m): 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm one of your "haters"..
I made some comments on your thread.. but sincerely speaking, I posted my views without sentiments... I've been a silent follower of your stories... (bed guy & all)... and I must say, I admire your personality..

However, the mistake you made is bringing your personal issues to the romance section of Nairaland.. cool
Do a simple research on your critics cool
Most of 'em doesn't post topics... all they do is "criticise 24/7"

The common bond of rebels is their guilt.. stay away from them if you need a solid advice... Rebels doesn't care about facts. All they want to do is YELL.

You have a relaxed attitude enshrined with a common sense.. Do not let anyone weaken your zeal...

I understand how you feel sha... YES, its a faceless forum...but a forum itself cannot rain insults without the application of some reckless fingers...

Wipe away your tears... Throw out the mocker, and you'll be rid of tension, fighting and quarrels... Above all, get your PC and log in on Nairaland...
15 haters out of about a million men?? Thats a small number na....

There was a time I was 'bombarded' on Nairaland politics section (over 50 ppl) for supporting a military man in Lagos ..... Some even treathened me... asking for my address and all... grin I actually told d haters my name and i.d.... its close to a year now and am still waiting for them to come attack me in my house... grin

My dear, do exactly as I said and play some records... cheesy "dem no reach" grin grin
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Caracta(f): 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Acidosis, save the epistle. Too late for the sermon. She is no longer a nairalander. Send her a PM.
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Mynd44: 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
What's with the long posts na?
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Acidosis(m): 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
Caracta: Acidosis, save the epistle. Too late for the sermon. She is no longer a nairalander. Send her a PM.
She'll come back to read the comments.. (I guess) cool
How you dey na? u too like epistles sef... cheesy
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Oahray: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hahahaha... Chronicles of Chronique. That epistle looooooooong die. Nice sha.
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
lover boy, I'm happy you're back to your inspirational self. Unlike those times when you were taking over 190 angry grin
Re: My Final Official Goodbyes by EzePromoe: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
Sweetlemon, goodbye. We won't miss you. We have Onila tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21)

Truck Filled With Cement Crashes At Sagamu (Photos) / Sad Experience From Hicash (cashbus) Loan App / Caleb Ezemdi Uluocha Is Missing - Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.